Dan & Phil Part 76: i can't i don't have legs

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

ratlad wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:52 am dan said he just likes listening to phil talk? :happytears: what the heck.
plot twist: all those times dan talks over phil was just him hiding the fact that hes aroused by phils voice :illuminati:
"you are next to me in my life"
dontpanic
#relatable

ame wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:04 am
ratlad wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:52 am dan said he just likes listening to phil talk? :happytears: what the heck.
plot twist: all those times dan talks over phil was just him hiding the fact that hes aroused by phils voice :illuminati:
Seems legit... Dan has always expressed a certain fondness for Phil's voice
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Liveshow is up now @ In Depth Bants channel :D :love2:

Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

dontpanic wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:17 am
my hypothesis is that people who are usually sensitive on the neck region are also weak to and usually attracted by seductive/soothing voices, esp deep ones......erm, i have no evidence to prove this theory but i have an idea why dan seems reluctant to phil expressing an interest in making an asmr video :garbage:

also @Catallena doing gods work :love2:
"you are next to me in my life"
greenergrass
stress mushroom

you guys are the best for always uploading these liveshows!

I'm in the middle of watching and it's really good so far, but I just wanted to come say that I wish the app wasn't so faulty that the calls to people are delayed. It keeps showing the fans after they actually have a conversation with deppy, and when they no longer think they're being recorded and are privately freaking out after the call. I wonder if that's something rize could fix in the future (if deppy are still planning on using the app after their contract is done after tour).
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

itasca00 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:18 am Here's what I took note of from the liveshow. I started my timer approximately when Dan first revealed the smoothie.
  • The first thing I noticed was that, unlike normal, they were sitting with Dan on the right and Phil on the left. I figured this might be because of the emoji that usually cover Phil's face, and Phil sort of confirmed this at around [31:00].
  • [0:00] The mango smoothie makes it's first appearance! :ribena: It will return at [6:32], [8:38], [9:08], [9;39], [22:39], [26:10] (just a cheeky sip), [28:40], [28:52], [33:05], and [33:23] (to close out the show). Sorry, I was just really amused/distracted by Dan sipping on this thing throughout the show.
  • Around [2;30] Dan just slept for 50 hours when they got to New Zealand. It sounded like the tour/traveling so much just caught up with them. Poor guys!
  • Around [3:20] They went to the skydeck for a (conspicuously unnamed female) friend's birthday.
  • Around [5:40] Cute whale noises. I plan to rewatch.
  • [10:38] Phil liked to think about how he was the highest person in the city while on the 73rd floor of their hotel, especially when he was "weeing."
  • [12:59] Yikes. No mention of the TBC tour dates...
  • [13:07] In previous Interactive Introverts tour transcripts, Phil has said that he would like to continue Insta stories after the tour, and my recollection is that Dan was unsure about that idea. Now it sounds like Dan is fully on board with continuing after the tour. Yay!
  • [14:35] Phil tells a story about how housekeeping will come in even if the "Do Not Disturb" sign is up. This is another part I plan to rewatch because Phil's impression was funny. Paraphrasing:
    Phil (as housekeeping person): Oh, but do you want a towel?
    Phil: NO!
  • [16:11] I was intrigued because it seemed like Dan wanted to take a picture of the people doing Truth Bombs, but he clarified at [17:07] that he was maybe trying to take a video for Insta stories. He seems to really like the interaction with other people, and that makes me happy.
  • [17:23] Another part I will rewatch. They both give a vigorous "Yes!" when they see a dog.
  • [22:03] Phil's breaking his rule about not touching hotel cushions. They aren't cleaned, and he doesn't know how many naked butts have been on them.
  • [24:29] They're editing the Interactive Introverts movie pretty quickly after they return to London. They said it would be out later this year, but then Phil backtracked on that statement a bit.
  • [25:10] They're planning to film some gaming videos today, but they might have to wait for Sydney if they run out of time or don't have good enough Wi-Fi.
  • [29:58] Definitely rewatching this part. Dan says he sometimes like to stop talking to see if Phil notices or knows what to say without him. Says he likes listening to Phil talk. This sounds to me a bit like a response to the pouty!Dan situation we saw during the last liveshow.
  • [30:11] Phil says he's going to be silent now too. They sit in silence for ~8 seconds before Phil breaks.
  • [31:07] They believe the next liveshow will be at about the same time next week, except two hours earlier.
  • [31:40] The next Truth Bombs question (for those who want to be prepared) will be: What animal does Dan remind you of? He says you can explain it/give it a funny description. It doesn't have to just be an animal.
  • [33:23] Phil again struggles with ending the liveshow! He was fully committed to leaving, then he came back and started saying goodbye to people while Dan just sipped on his smoothie. Lol.
It looks like the way to use these time stamps with the recording is to add ~40 seconds to them. I'm glad people are enjoying them!
itasca00 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:18 amSays he likes listening to Phil talk.
Turns out Dan actually said he likes letting Phil talk, not listening to Phil talk. Mea culpa!
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

ame wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:28 am
my hypothesis is that people who are usually sensitive on the neck region are also weak to and usually attracted by seductive/soothing voices, esp deep ones......erm, i have no evidence to prove this theory but i have an idea why dan seems reluctant to phil expressing an interest in making an asmr video :garbage:

do you think phil talks to him in a low, quiet voice while dan falls asleep? like, just about anything, and all dan can do is respond with various tones of "hmm" as he drifts off cause he finds it comforting?

and thank you @catallena @sonicgreen (gfhsgd it wont allow me to tag)
for yr wonderful work !!!!
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

"We were on the 73rd floor of our hotel! We completely lucked out! I actually said to Dan... I was like 'We are the highest people!' [...] But then it was quite exciting as well. I was like, 'I am the highest person having cereal right now.' I was so high. I always think that when I'm having a wee...."

Allow me to just wriggle on my tin hat and readjust my phan goggles here. Can we talk about this quote for a hot second and all just agree that "highest person having cereal" was maybe not the first thing Phil was thinking?

:boredwank:

:glasses:

See you next time for more #valuableinsight!
det395
tol bean
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Hello! (I'm a lurker once in a while but this is actually my first time posting)

The liveshow was calm and enjoyable as usual, it's nice to see the splattering of tweets and instagrams brought together into their actual anecdotes.

One thing I've been very fascinated by (that I haven't seen much talk about, maybe I'm alone) is how they talk to the fans they pull on the screen! I find it a bit hard to watch bc of how nervewracking it would be if I were in that situation, put on the spot talking to some idols in front of thousands. I was rlly curious beforehand how Dnp would handle all the nervous fans in such a situation.

They definitely get a lot chirpier and friendly quite instantly, trying to fill in all the silence and probably responding more enthusiastically than they would another time. They're also very patient, staring at the screen intently and smiling wide. It's especially different from Dan who tends to slouch back and look a bit exasperated throughout (comedic effect while Phil rambles/resting bitch face a lil?). I swear Phil even sits up and leans in close to be super focused on them but maybe it's just to hear through the speaker. They really turn up the effort to talk to the fans like a friend (a bit teasing n silly, like the girl with green wallpaper) and try to make it as calm as possible and never show any discomfort with the reactions. I'm so glad they never point out how visibly nervous some people are. Idk, I find it interesting to see them thrown into a situation and having to react, it's like seeing another side where they are a bit nervous/on edge (and I assume they're kind of forced into this by Rize).
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

det395 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:48 am Hello! (I'm a lurker once in a while but this is actually my first time posting)

The liveshow was calm and enjoyable as usual, it's nice to see the splattering of tweets and instagrams brought together into their actual anecdotes.

One thing I've been very fascinated by (that I haven't seen much talk about, maybe I'm alone) is how they talk to the fans they pull on the screen! I find it a bit hard to watch bc of how nervewracking it would be if I were in that situation, put on the spot talking to some idols in front of thousands. I was rlly curious beforehand how Dnp would handle all the nervous fans in such a situation.

They definitely get a lot chirpier and friendly quite instantly, trying to fill in all the silence and probably responding more enthusiastically than they would another time. They're also very patient, staring at the screen intently and smiling wide. It's especially different from Dan who tends to slouch back and look a bit exasperated throughout (comedic effect while Phil rambles/resting bitch face a lil?). I swear Phil even sits up and leans in close to be super focused on them but maybe it's just to hear through the speaker. They really turn up the effort to talk to the fans like a friend (a bit teasing n silly, like the girl with green wallpaper) and try to make it as calm as possible and never show any discomfort with the reactions. I'm so glad they never point out how visibly nervous some people are. Idk, I find it interesting to see them thrown into a situation and having to react, it's like seeing another side where they are a bit nervous/on edge (and I assume they're kind of forced into this by Rize).
first of all: :welcome:

second, i LOVE that you pointed this out. oddly enough your post came up just as i got to the bit in my rewatch where they start talking to fans. so this is fascinating, once you start realizing what they're doing. dan physically lights up for sure - his smile is wider, his laugh is louder. phil's just generally warmer in the way he speaks??? reminiscent of a particular spoiler-y bit in the II show. and their responses to everything are overly enthusiastic. it's very, very reminiscent of the kind of behavior you get from them in a m&g.

they for sure have gotten some intensive training on this kind of thing. i feel like i recall someone saying that google/youtube HQ offers that to bigger youtubers? like... how interact withs fans.

anyway. so interesting. i'm gonna keep an eye out for that in future rize shows.
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

I haven't watched the liveshow but I am slightly disappointed they haven't seen any of NZ. Auckland really isn't representative of the country. Still I'm also glad they rested because I'm sure they are getting pretty run down.

Also is he trying to start a war referencing an Aussie for a NZ lamington. Unless I'm missing a reference?
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
japhan
smol bean

ahh this is probably a completely innocent slip of the tongue, but in 4:10 in the livestream from YouTube, Dan says: "we went up the sky tower with our friend for uh-his birthday." but then after that, the friend's gender changes. if you keep watching, at about 4:33, when phil is describing the "friend's fear of heights and elevators" (lol why did they take the friend to a sky bar on their birthday again), he uses feminine pronouns.

maybe there were multiple people involved (#double date??). i don't know if they still have any of their crew with them at this point, but if so, maybe they had a little group outing. or dan mixed up a pronoun and i'm looking too far into it... or maybe the friend was a LIE (jk... kinda).

also not to be completely :sherlock: today, but when i was kinda distractedly listening to the show at about 3:43, i heard phil say "we had a date in auckland" instead of "we had a day" and i had a doubletake and honestly looking at dan's face at that moment, i feel like he did too. :lol:
:blackheart:
knq
lava lamp
Pronouns: she/her

japhan wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:50 am ahh this is probably a completely innocent slip of the tongue, but in 4:10 in the livestream from YouTube, Dan says: "we went up the sky tower with our friend for uh-his birthday." but then after that, the friend's gender changes. if you keep watching, at about 4:33, when phil is describing the "friend's fear of heights and elevators" (lol why did they take the friend to a sky bar on their birthday again), he uses feminine pronouns.

maybe there were multiple people involved (#double date??). i don't know if they still have any of their crew with them at this point, but if so, maybe they had a little group outing. or dan mixed up a pronoun and i'm looking too far into it... or maybe the friend was a LIE (jk... kinda).
I noticed that too! I could hear a woman’s laugh in the background of one of the sky tower instagrams, and Dan seems like he has a pile of pronouns in the back of his head that he semi-randomly pulls from when he talks, so I’m wondering if it was Marianne’s birthday. Otherwise I don’t know who’s left to be their New Zealand friend.

As far as taking their height and elevator fearing friend to a sky tower for her birthday, Dan and Phil both seem to respond to fear by approaching at full speed, so I hope their friend shared that tendency and didn’t just get dragged along. (Honestly, what human pokes a spider web? Nopity nope nope nope)
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

i liked the ls, it was soothing and i missed them!

ame wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:28 am

i am VERY sensitive on the neck region and people's voices are a very important feature for me (i cant say if i'm attracted to someone before i've heard their voice), and clearly i'm almost automatically attracted to girls with deep voices
so you may be onto something here ;)
:gayaf:
autumnhearth
senpai

det395 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:48 am Hello! (I'm a lurker once in a while but this is actually my first time posting)

I haven’t watched this ls yet (thank you so much to those that made it possible to watch later) but I definitely noticed how much they lit up when bringing the fans on last time. I like your perspective on it. My thought was how different it was when they have an actual live face rather than just a name in the chat to respond to. It reminded me of Dan talking about how connecting to his audience was good for his mental health. So for all we complain about the Rize app, this feature is actually one I like and I feel brought something special to the stream.

Adding the stories from the stream because it’s relevent:
And it’s not up on updatedphan yet, but another queer artist rec from Dan- Christine and the Queens :love1:
sonicgreen
woodland creature

watsonian wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:43 am
japhan wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:50 am ahh this is probably a completely innocent slip of the tongue, but in 4:10 in the livestream from YouTube, Dan says: "we went up the sky tower with our friend for uh-his birthday." but then after that, the friend's gender changes. if you keep watching, at about 4:33, when phil is describing the "friend's fear of heights and elevators" (lol why did they take the friend to a sky bar on their birthday again), he uses feminine pronouns.

I noticed that too! I could hear a woman’s laugh in the background of one of the sky tower instagrams, and Dan seems like he has a pile of pronouns in the back of his head that he semi-randomly pulls from when he talks, so I’m wondering if it was Marianne’s birthday. Otherwise I don’t know who’s left to be their New Zealand friend.

As far as taking their height and elevator fearing friend to a sky tower for her birthday, Dan and Phil both seem to respond to fear by approaching at full speed, so I hope their friend shared that tendency and didn’t just get dragged along. (Honestly, what human pokes a spider web? Nopity nope nope nope)
Mandy answered this on her tumblr so I'll just set that here as it made the most sense to me.
(and if embed doesn't work, here is the post)
phanfckingtastic
living flop

Aw, that liveshow was so cosy and nice :)

And even mentioned not wanting to stress out the whales, good lads. Also, lmao at Phil for staying in playing videogames next to whilst Dan hibernated.
I'm not sure anymore if finding their co-dependence adorable shames me deeply or not.
But it's so sweet how they just want to do everything together. :xoxo:

How cool is that we're getting pinof, spooky week, maybe a baking video(?) AND ii "the movie" in the next 4 months!! :stan: Personally this has been an awful, awful year so this is like a godsend. Bless those two.

It's funny how the majority of people agree that pulling fans up on screen is cringe and uncomfortable. I skip them completely.
Did I understand correctly, and they're going back home before Manila?
eternal dan and phil mood -> :happytears:
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

I'm warming up to rize, it's been working well despite making my phone hot as hell, the rize team clearly listened to the people when things went wrong and I changed my view completely with the dragging people on screen thing, before I saw it happen I would think it's awkward and cringe but now I really love that they get to interact and like @autumnhearth said, it might be good for them too; we might have some uncomfortable moments but I think the good outweighs the bad rn. I wish I could watch it live on my computer too but maybe in the future.

And I'm glad the boys rested, it looks like it did good to them, after all, they have the means to come back and visit later if they wish to do so.

I'm glad I already gave up on the tbc dates or I would be mad, but they always looked so far fetched to me from the moment they announced them so I'm not exactly surprised here :shrug:

I'm strangely not looking forward them going home and the tour ending like many? lol I can't wait for future videos and I want them rested but they seem to be enjoying themselves so much and we can keep tabs with them more closely like this, add my fear that despite them constantly reassuring us the stories won't stop that they will do exactly that... yeah, the tour could keep going imo :lol:
starwatersong
phabergé

Dan being amused and giving Phil a hard time for #sponning the tour for 7 empty seats made me laugh.

I don’t like how Rize organizes people in order of coins (I don’t know whether it’s coins given or total owned...)

But a delightful live show either way. Thanks for uploading!
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

Off topic, but I had a dream last night that Dan had a blog and I was reading this really beautifully written post about the tour and his genuine thoughts about this year. It felt so real that when I woke up I had to double check that is was in fact a dream.

But it got me thinking... do we think they would ever consider a blog? I know we’ve discussed a podcast (PLEASE Deppy it would be so good), but do you think they’d be open to something like that? I don’t know about them, but I’m far more comfortable writing about personal things than physically speaking them out loud. Maybe it would give them an outlet to express opinions on more sensitive topics. Idk, it’s just a thought.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

thestigdrivesamini wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:21 pm Off topic, but I had a dream last night that Dan had a blog and I was reading this really beautifully written post about the tour and his genuine thoughts about this year. It felt so real that when I woke up I had to double check that is was in fact a dream.

But it got me thinking... do we think they would ever consider a blog? I know we’ve discussed a podcast (PLEASE Deppy it would be so good), but do you think they’d be open to something like that? I don’t know about them, but I’m far more comfortable writing about personal things than physically speaking them out loud. Maybe it would give them an outlet to express opinions on more sensitive topics. Idk, it’s just a thought.
I mean, Phil had a blog that he used up until 2009 ish (that's what amazingphil.com was until he privated the blog and started using the url to redirect to his channel). I would definitely be interested in that (and a podcast too! A podcast would be so good), but I'm not sure they would ever do that unfortunately. I think anything they'd want to write about on a blog would probably end up making great video material.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

:gayaf:
dancy
procrastinator

Cute live show! It's good D&P took some time to relax after all the performing and traveling, though I'm still a bit surprised they didn't up end exploring New Zealand much at all and from the sounds of it, they're already going to be leaving. I wouldn't be surprised if they'll go back some time in the future to do what they actually wanted to do there, like visiting Hobbiton.

As for dragging people in, I didn't find it to be all that uncomfortable because the people they picked out happened to be quite sweet, so I'm hoping it'll stay like that in the future. Oh and I got tears in my eyes from laughing when they called that guy and hung up on him even though he had picked up.

Like I expected, DINOF video after the tour, definitely October since they plan on having a break and editing the II movie first. What about a Phil video though? It's been about six weeks since the texting video and nearly three months since his last solo one. I wonder if both of them will end up going back to their "regular schedules" in regards to their main channels after the tour in due time or not.

I assume it'll be a couple of days until a new gaming video. Phil said something about downloading a game so I'm guessing it'll be something we haven't seen them play yet. I'm disappointed they never ended up playing a "couple of gaming series" like they said they would :( They didn't do it for the tour when it was the perfect time, so I'm not really expecting them to ever do so now.

I'm unimpressed with how they ignored the multiple questions about the TBC dates (and have been doing so for ages). I feel like it's too late at this point for them to even happen, considering they're scheduled for next month. Unless they somehow manage to go to Brazil and Mexico later on in the year like they did for TATINOF Europe (which I don't think is extremely likely), I wish they would just cancel them already in a professional manner.
autumnhearth
senpai

Oops @Ataraxia25 beat me to it!

Ugh all the still frames from Phil’s party blower story destroyed me (both in a good emotional way of how beautiful and happy Phil is, but also in a technical headache of choosing the images and having Tumblr issues.) Does anyone else get sexy and romantic vibes off of this? It may just be from the super slow motion and lack of sound while I was saving stills. I realize it’s kinda horrifying with the noise. Probs also just the blowing something phallic. But the way he looks at the camera/Dan has me :happytears:
ratlad
angel bean

i want a gaming vid today but i understand if there isn't one, i haven't yet watched the ls cause i'm saving that for later when i have time. but damn, now that it was mentioned earlier, we are getting spoiled after tour eh?
what kind of games do you wanna see em play for spookyweek? i think i've mentioned this months ago already, but i want them to play Nightmare House. it's a Nightmare on Elm Street escape game, it scared me as a child but idk if i would still find it scary today...

edit: just watched a walkthrough of it and..,,, it's not scary. at all. and i would probably click off if they played it- sorry lads.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl