Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

Ablissa wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:06 pm This is the domestic content I always asked for <3
I’m here for all this content. Phil is adorable and is that a pair of blue pants hanging on the railing above their heat/ac unit? Some things never change :love2: And no, I’m not at all irrationally excited to see a side table with remotes and a terrarium and full shot of their loveseat. Why would you assume that? Pshh it’s just furniture :roll: (don’t judge me). Fudge top of the page :oops:
Tottrie
drama llama

Is it just me or does Dan's voice sound more far away than it should if he filmed the video? Is he holding the mobile differently than they usually do? 🤔
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

oh phil... you could literally ask me anything and i'd do it, when you're cute like that, you literally own me!

i was also very excited to see shits of their flat!
:gayaf:
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

Tottrie wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:37 pm Is it just me or does Dan's voice sound more far away than it should if he filmed the video? Is he holding the mobile differently than they usually do? 🤔
he could have been laying down and lifting his arms, cause his blanket is on the couch so he must be using it.
alternative explanation: it's more echo-y cause the flat has less...lamps....in it....
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
kavat
pastel persona

werewolfdjh
placenta

dans last twitter post really was something
Last edited by lefthandedism on Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed twitter embed
kavat
pastel persona

Aw, Hector painted Derek
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I'm so happy that they're keeping those Instastories coming. Dan filming Phil juggling with oranges on a wild Saturday night is all I ever wanted.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Tottrie
drama llama

I saw a post on tumblr suggesting that maybe Phil was trying to cheer Dan up with his juggling because Dan isn't feeling so well mentally right now.
I think that was a really sweet thought ❤
ratlad
angel bean

Tottrie wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:06 pm I saw a post on tumblr suggesting that maybe Phil was trying to cheer Dan up with his juggling because Dan isn't feeling so well mentally right now.
I think that was a really sweet thought ❤
late reply but i thought that as well when dan tweeted :love2:
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

Those insta stories are so cute, I love Phil :') I can't believe they've kept up with insta stories since coming home, I don't want to get my hopes up that they'll keep doing them regularly for the rest of the year but it does seem that way :love1:
Tottrie wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:37 pm Is it just me or does Dan's voice sound more far away than it should if he filmed the video? Is he holding the mobile differently than they usually do? 🤔
I thought the same! Dan sounds like he's sat somewhere to the right of the frame, but then on second listen he didn't sound as far away. A mystery :shrug:

Also, have we ever seen that door behind Phil before? I was always under the impression that the upstairs floor was just one big open plan living room/kitchen, and that there were no rooms off it. Maybe there are actually other rooms on the top floor? Or maybe it's just a pantry. OR maybe it's none of my business lmao, I'm just v curious/nosey.
sweetlyphan
delia smith

captainspacecoat wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:51 am Those insta stories are so cute, I love Phil :') I can't believe they've kept up with insta stories since coming home, I don't want to get my hopes up that they'll keep doing them regularly for the rest of the year but it does seem that way :love1:
I thought the same! Dan sounds like he's sat somewhere to the right of the frame, but then on second listen he didn't sound as far away. A mystery :shrug:

Also, have we ever seen that door behind Phil before? I was always under the impression that the upstairs floor was just one big open plan living room/kitchen, and that there were no rooms off it. Maybe there are actually other rooms on the top floor? Or maybe it's just a pantry. OR maybe it's none of my business lmao, I'm just v curious/nosey.
I had the same thought about the door! I went back and looked at '5 Things I Regret Buying' since that area was featured. Apparently it has always been there but I swear that area looks different.
:prideheart2:
phanfckingtastic
living flop

Oh, Phil, what a beauty and a good bf.
:love2:
I’m a bit sad about their haircuts, but if they like them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Echoing everyone else’s curiosity about next ap video, and also that dan’s will mark a new chapter for his own channel.
I’m having n awful time irl so it’s nice to remind myself (again, I know) that we have so much to look forward to in the next 3 months!!! This is definitely the calm before the wonderful d&p storm that’s coming.

I’m sure once they are fully back into their routine of exercise, therapy, etc, Dan will feel better.

About that door:
I don’t have the floorplans myself (before anyone pms me! lol) but someone who saw them when they first moved explained the layout to me, and, well, in a nutshell: that door is a bathroom. There’s nothing else upstairs.
I’m usually against discussing those details but I’m sure the flat info won’t be available to be searched any more, and I’m also like 90% sure they”ll be moving in the next few months.
eternal dan and phil mood -> :happytears:
dancy
procrastinator

I'm so glad D&P have continued doing regular Instagram stories (and tweets) thus far :D I was quite worried they wouldn't be doing that anymore, especially immediately after the tour.
phanfckingtastic wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:15 am About that door:
I don’t have the floorplans myself (before anyone pms me! lol) but someone who saw them when they first moved explained the layout to me, and, well, in a nutshell: that door is a bathroom. There’s nothing else upstairs.
I’m usually against discussing those details but I’m sure the flat info won’t be available to be searched any more, and I’m also like 90% sure they”ll be moving in the next few months.
Speculation is fun but I find it a bit creepy for someone to search for anyone's address and floorplans :|

Not sure how I feel about D&P moving. Phil said they had made lots of donations that week but we don't actually know the reason for that and it would actually be a bit strange to me if they felt the need to get rid of their home possessions as preparation for moving as soon as they got back from the tour. Personally I think they might've donated clothing, tour gifts and other things that they brought along with them that they don't really need anymore.
I know there's the general comments Dan made nearly half 1.5 years ago about a "forever home" and how bad renting is but that has caused people to be convinced they were moving ever since (a year ago when D&P had been living in their current apartment for only half a year, as well as shortly before the tour began) and neither times it happened.
I'm not saying they won't move but right now I don't see anything that would suggest they're doing so anytime soon and I'm not really one for wishful thinking.
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

A bathroom for that room would make sense, since the only ones we know of are downstairs which is inconvenient.

I also think they're probably donating tour gifts, or things related to that. They may be having a bit of a clear out too, but I don't think it's because they're moving. They moved in Apri-ish I think didn't they? Rental contracts are often extended yearly, do if they moved I wouldn't imagine it to be until next year. Plus this is a busy time for them, with spooky week, PINOF, gamingmas, baking etc. I can't see them moving with those things on the horizon.

Oh, also to those who've asked me about the floorplan I've made (based on what's been shown in videos) link being broken, I give you all an update about that later.
citizen_erased
truth bomb

I don't know what he's googling to get these ads, but now I really want a lifesize velociraptor just casually put in the background of every single video without any explanation.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Some of his replies :shock:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

citizen_erased wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:12 am
I don't know what he's googling to get these ads, but now I really want a lifesize velociraptor just casually put in the background of every single video without any explanation.
Anyone else's mind immediately jump to that iihappydaysii fic?

A less inappropriate thought: I am looking forward to the next AP video. The changes that were discussed here would be exciting, but I don't expect anything immediately. He might just go for an easy filler video instead of something big.
George
sad dimple

"Moving": Youtubers get sent a lot of free gifts, and I always just assumed the pile of those had grown quite big while they were on tour. And now that they're back they simply went through that stuff and donated everything they don't want. :shrug:
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I'd love if he made a video where he buys the things that Amazon recommended to him or something like that. @ Phil, if you're reading this..
LtrllySusan wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:20 am Anyone else's mind immediately jump to that iihappydaysii fic?
Yes and I don't know how to feel about it.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
liola
rankussy

Phil... Phil please.

About them moving, I don't think any of us chanting about moving mean that they're moving NOW. I totally think it won't be until spring of next year at least, but if you're actually buying a house the process of moving isn't a short one, you gotta buy furniture, maybe redo some things. It makes sense to me that, considering how busy they're going to be for the next months, they do what they can right now, and that involves getting rid of stuff they don't want. I'm not sure that it's tour gifts because that would mean they actually travelled with them around and I don't think they did (besides maybe a couple of things)
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Ablissa
pastel persona

liola wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:33 am Phil... Phil please.

About them moving, I don't think any of us chanting about moving mean that they're moving NOW. I totally think it won't be until spring of next year at least, but if you're actually buying a house the process of moving isn't a short one, you gotta buy furniture, maybe redo some things. It makes sense to me that, considering how busy they're going to be for the next months, they do what they can right now, and that involves getting rid of stuff they don't want. I'm not sure that it's tour gifts because that would mean they actually travelled with them around and I don't think they did (besides maybe a couple of things)
Exactly this.
I don't think it's realistic to assume they're moving this year, they're probably not. Besides, their lease won't be up until the spring, right? (I may have missed something about the length of their lease) If it is up in the spring, then it wouldn't make much sense for them to renew it if they're going to move anyway, so in that case they'd have just a few months left in this place.
Either way, I do think they won't keep renting for much longer, and I'm gonna pick up on every clue that is or is not real until it finally happens. :D
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I thought it was more that they realised how few clothes they’d needed while they were away and cleared their wardrobes, but there’ll be other things too, I guess. Most tour gifts seem to be tshirts and crafts, and they seem quite touched by the crafts, I thought they kept those since they needed storage for them and all the letters they get.
hello9217
flower crown

Tweeted 7 months before they moved. Real eyes realize :illuminati: More seriously I don't think they are going to move anytime soon but I do believe that moving is in the cards for them. Their current place always felt like more of a filler home, a stop before getting a more permanent place. The furniture is rented, they don't seem to have as many of their knick-knacks or as much artwork up. Maybe it's just because the first London apartment had so much character and in comparison this one seems so bland, but it just doesn't feel like a place they were planning on staying for a long time.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm not sure the logic that they have to move in March/April holds out when you consider that their previous yearly contract would have been made in July, and they didn't wait until July to move out. They're rich enough that buying out an early release probably wouldn't phase them too much.

I also think that clearing out PR gifts makes sense, except Dan also was referencing when he opens his wardrobe and sees how much stuff is in it and I don't think he'd be keeping pr gifts there. It's circumstantial evidence, but buildable - which is pretty much how everything was last time they moved.

Also keep in mind last time 'hints' (that we know were on purpose, because Dan confirmed that) for moving started in October, with the actual move not happening until March. It's a situation where both sides can be right; maybe some things mean they're moving, we just can't predict the timing... so we'll keep guessing til it's eventually right. Part of the fun of moving theories is totally watching everyone be convinced that they're moving rightnow.