Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

Ablissa wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:14 pm Cute instastories! Dan, please get your shoes off the sofa omg.
that's pretty gay.
but for real, sitting in weird twisty positions is oddly comfortable.

the least important thing to be at the top of the page is me calling dan gay and talking about my gangly limbs.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

For posterity and since it’s a new page
I hate that my mind went straight (ha) to the whole gays not being able to sit in chairs thing and yet after seeing post after post of that joke I’m left thinking are the kids on Tumblr alright? :shrug:
Ablissa
pastel persona

For everyone that was interested in it, I made a new thread about the "watch party" thing we've been discussing. Let's move the discussion there to keep it all in one place? We have some stuff left to decide so please participate <3

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1531

Edit: we're also voting for the theme of the first group watch: https://www.strawpoll.me/16583204 and for the date that suits most people here: https://www.strawpoll.me/16583194 so please vote!
Phantasy
woodland creature

autumnhearth wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:10 pm For posterity and since it’s a new page
I hate that my mind went straight (ha) to the whole gays not being able to sit in chairs thing and yet after seeing post after post of that joke I’m left thinking are the kids on Tumblr alright? :shrug:
What a hilariously timely (and coincidental) reblog from Tyler...
knq
lava lamp

The rare daniel caught in his natural habitat. He has been photographed by our avid researcher in the more common lounging position before, and once even in the rare hand-down-the-back-of-his-pants-while-learning-piano position, but this most recent photo is truly emblematic of the habits which make daniel so fascinating to watch.

p.s. danny take your shoes off first that's just polite
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

autumnhearth wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:10 pm For posterity and since it’s a new page
me, looking at the popular posts in the tags on tumblr: "no. no theyre not."

also, im honestly not surprised. i mean, its the same howell that keeps on falling off chairs and sits on sofas ala french girl pose......its already a well-known fact but phil just rubbed it on our faces because thats what husbands are for ya kno ;)
"you are next to me in my life"
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

To @ame , thanks for reading that kilometric post. :platonic: :ribena:

I have nothing to add except to gush about how cute Dan is sitting like that. <3 But my mom's voice is currently filling my mind with her sermon on removing our slippers before we enter the carpet area of the living room and ensuring that shoes are put it in the shoe container near the door and only using slippers inside the house. :lol:

Also, isn't it tiring to stay in that position? Like that must bring hella pain to the knee joints and glutes area. :? :hmmm:
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
kavat
pastel persona

RiriPandaHeart2 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:06 am Also, isn't it tiring to stay in that position? Like that must bring hella pain to the knee joints and glutes area. :? :hmmm:
...there's a joke here that I'm not going to make.

The little clips from the movie we've seen in stories reminded me that they actually said and used design for the 6 second challenge, not 7 second. Did they sell the rights to that at some point? Does it belong to the app makers? I also saw on tumblr that Barbie did it on her channel and credited Phil, is that still correct if someone else owns the rights? I have no idea how these things work.
Ablissa
pastel persona

kavat wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:54 am
RiriPandaHeart2 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:06 am Also, isn't it tiring to stay in that position? Like that must bring hella pain to the knee joints and glutes area. :? :hmmm:

The little clips from the movie we've seen in stories reminded me that they actually said and used design for the 6 second challenge, not 7 second. Did they sell the rights to that at some point? Does it belong to the app makers? I also saw on tumblr that Barbie did it on her channel and credited Phil, is that still correct if someone else owns the rights? I have no idea how these things work.
I think that the 6 second challenge thing was a joke, at least that's how I took it.
It was part of the things they said they wouldn't do, so I understood it as "we're not doing the 6 second challenge because there is no 6 second challenge"? I might be wrong.
kavat
pastel persona

Ablissa wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:08 am
kavat wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:54 am

I think that the 6 second challenge thing was a joke, at least that's how I took it.
It was part of the things they said they wouldn't do, so I understood it as "we're not doing the 6 second challenge because there is no 6 second challenge"? I might be wrong.
Hmm I guess that's possible.
I took it as "we're not going to do this because it's part of the Tatinof-era and old personas and we've left that behind us". But your interpretation makes sense as well.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

ratlad wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:52 pm
Ablissa wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:14 pm Cute instastories! Dan, please get your shoes off the sofa omg.
that's pretty gay.
but for real, sitting in weird twisty positions is oddly comfortable.

the least important thing to be at the top of the page is me calling dan gay and talking about my gangly limbs.
my exact thoughts as soon as i saw the pic

(and yes sitting in weird positions is comfortable and comforting to me)

edit ; omg!! rainbow nerd!! omg! why am i so excited by this??? omg yay
:gayaf:
Ablissa
pastel persona

kavat wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:33 am Hmm I guess that's possible.
I took it as "we're not going to do this because it's part of the Tatinof-era and old personas and we've left that behind us". But your interpretation makes sense as well.
Damn, that actually makes more sense! I can't even remember the last time they mentioned 7sc. Maybe we'll find out from the director's commentary? I'm curious now :)
Tottrie
drama llama

Do you think Dan and Phil will go see 'Space trip' in London tonight? 🤔
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

Tottrie wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:35 am Do you think Dan and Phil will go see 'Space trip' in London tonight? 🤔
Interesting question! I forget, did PJ go to II in Brighton? (He probably did but I can’t remember!)
autumnhearth
senpai

LadyLackless wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:16 am
Tottrie wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:35 am Do you think Dan and Phil will go see 'Space trip' in London tonight? 🤔
Interesting question! I forget, did PJ go to II in Brighton? (He probably did but I can’t remember!)
Pretty sure he did, they at at least hung out with PJ and Sophie the next morning, had a bro brunch and took a boomerang on the beach.

I really hope they do, my husband and I were talking about the logistics of this and how to avoid that performance turning into a meetup. I would think they would be hnaging out backstage until just before showtime, then sneak in to their seats when the lights go down.

Umm part of my very weird dreams last night involved trying to paint Dan’s legs in that crouching couch position, only the paint colors kept getting muddled on my brush. Clearly it made an impact.

I swear the first time I saw that Barbie vlog on YouTube there was no credit to Phil and no comments about it either, then a few days later... I also saw a post that Seven Second Challemge is used on the Disney Channel, somewhere... Anyone know?

Ugh I don’t know what’s wrong with my quote formatting.
Last edited by alittledizzy on Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed quote tag
dancy
procrastinator

kavat wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:33 am
Ablissa wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:08 am
Hmm I guess that's possible.

If that were the case, why wouldn't they have just said "7 second challenge"? I'm team "it's supposed to be a joke but it's not a particularly great one".
autumnhearth wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:30 am
LadyLackless wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:16 am
Pretty sure he did, they at at least hung out with PJ and Sophie the next morning, had a bro brunch and took a boomerang on the beach.

I really hope they do, my husband and I were talking about the logistics of this and how to avoid that performance turning into a meetup. I would think they would be hnaging out backstage until just before showtime, then sneak in to their seats when the lights go down.
I don't think PJ & Sophie attended II, I feel like we would've gotten a picture of them with D&P on the day it happened (rather than just the day after), that someone in the audience would've seen them or that PJ would've mentioned it in some way (like a tweet about how good the show was or something along those lines). That doesn't mean D&P won't go see his show though (but a gaming/AmazingPhil video would be very welcome too).
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

I was wondering about them seeing Space Trip tonight as well. We know they’re still close with Pj, but have they mentioned Chris since their supposed falling out? While I doubt there will be a Fantastic Foursome reunion video or even pic, I’d love to be proven wrong. I don’t even remember fully what Chris did? I just remember it being a thing
fancybum
senpai

There was no big dramatic falling out, they were just never that close to begin with. They mentioned him when he brought his merch out (through their company), which was after whatever time period people think they "fell out" during, although I suppose there are multiple of those. And they had some twitter interaction during dapgoose (that's the most recent one I remember anyway), but I don't think anything more came from that that we ever heard about:
There's no huge drama, just a lack of real friendship (and jokes/sarcasm constantly being overdramatized).

It'd be sweet if D&P went, but I don't think that's likely since their presence would kind of overshadow the actual show, wouldn't it? It's a pretty small venue. I'm on team 'please have a little afterparty' though, I'd love some more awkward group shots just for the lols <3
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
susan2
rainbow nerd

hello9217
flower crown

Apparently they are at PJ's show.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

i love that they're supporting their friend. i'm gonna cry into my dominos now
:gayaf:
amberblogslife
squish

I'm wondering if that isn't like a security hazard, because at my show (space trip) I kinda just got to talk with PJ afterwards since there was barely any security
Constantly in an existential crisis.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

There seems to be a lot of doubt as to whether they were really there or not, based on the lack of any actual pictures. I guess if they were we'll find out via insta story from someone at some point.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I thought this was interesting:
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
autumnhearth
senpai

At least people are having fun with it
Ha! Rize will be dead on October 19th :rofl:
Last edited by autumnhearth on Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.