Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Amiaw
interactive introvert

autumnhearth wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:23 pm Yay family time! Don’t know why the Lester parents would have to be in town for Phil to have a cultural outing with Martyn and Cornelia. They live in London, yeah?
Phil’s parents might not be in town but To add to the theory didn’t the Lester’s come to town in October for Phil’s moms birthday a couple of years ago? Dan posted that picture of himself at the museum when he went along?
glitterintheair
phillluminati
Pronouns: she/her

AP is coming back soon :ribena: :
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Amiaw wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:35 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:23 pm Yay family time! Don’t know why the Lester parents would have to be in town for Phil to have a cultural outing with Martyn and Cornelia. They live in London, yeah?
Phil’s parents might not be in town but To add to the theory didn’t the Lester’s come to town in October for Phil’s moms birthday a couple of years ago? Dan posted that picture of himself at the museum when he went along?
It's not that Phil's parents have to be in town for Phil to have a cultural outing, it's just that Phil hasn't seen his parents in a while so I'm kind of anticipating he'll want to see them asap.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I'm dying at this tweet it's so funny but Kath would surely kick his ass lmao
sonicgreen
woodland creature

oh my god that tweet, phil is so naturally funny i love him.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

man I'd sure be thankful if dan and phil did a liveshow tomorrow when I'm home from work for the Thanksgiving stat holiday and could actually watch live for once. What are the chances of a liveshow tomorrow? It's been over a week, right? Dan might still be away though. I'd take a gaming video too (or a dinof, but that would be very unlikely).

I'm enjoying all the insta stories though so I can't complain much. I don't really blame them for a bit of a tiny drought when they've just gotten back from tour and have been busy editing, but I would still be thrilled with a video or liveshow tomorrow.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

obsessivelymoody wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:00 pm I'm dying at this tweet it's so funny but Kath would surely kick his ass lmao
I absolutely died reading this tweet, he's so funny :lol: :lol:
Also, yay for an AmazingPhil soon! I hope he's had enough "recharging" time and isn't still feeling the effects of the tour -- or, least, not too hard. To be completely honest, I was kind of hoping that we would get some sort of "Donate clothes with me!" video where he goes through old clothing, since they were donating clothes a week or two(ish?) ago, but judging by his tweet, I'm guessing whatever video will come out will be something completely different. Tbh, I'm 100% hoping that whatever it is is just some fluffy-filler content, I don't have the brain for complex things right now...just give me some Phil looking cute and talking about meaningless shit while eating candy or whatever. Please :bedtime:
hello9217
flower crown

I wonder if dan will post a video for World Mental Health Day. It would be a great coming back video after being away for so long and it will also be the year anniversary of Daniel and Depression. But maybe he is still not in the zone to post anything, which I get.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

obsessivelymoody wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:00 pm I'm dying at this tweet it's so funny but Kath would surely kick his ass lmao
It is funny, and it's also an old English joke--my father liked to tell it: apparently the rest of the joke is that you can tell a kid is the milkman's if it has ginger hair. :hmmm:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
citizen_erased
truth bomb

lefthandedism wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:40 pm
It is funny, and it's also an old English joke--my father liked to tell it: apparently the rest of the joke is that you can tell a kid is the milkman's if it has ginger hair. :hmmm:
It's a common joke in a lot of places, I guess. I've heard this one all my life because I'm the only one with blond hair and blue eyes in a whole family of brown hair/brown eyed people. So, so many milkman/adopted jokes :lol:

Anyway I came in here to complain that Dan hasn't even liked Phil's instagram photo yet and honestly what is this blasphemy, is this #phandivorce

(I'm kidding, I wouldn't be surprised if they're talking to each other in some way right now)
autumnhearth
senpai

This music rec from Dan feels a bit different, than many of the others. I know, I know his tastes are diverse. Also it’s the third time I’ve heard/read the phrase ‘pep in your step” the first was from my dad this morning, the second from Cornelia in a Instagram story pic of Martyn and now Dan (though I would be surprised if the last two were linked, as in Dan saw Cornelia’s story and the phrase got in his head). Anywho:
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

citizen_erased wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:06 pm
It's a common joke in a lot of places, I guess. I've heard this one all my life because I'm the only one with blond hair and blue eyes in a whole family of brown hair/brown eyed people. So, so many milkman/adopted jokes :lol:

Anyway I came in here to complain that Dan hasn't even liked Phil's instagram photo yet and honestly what is this blasphemy, is this #phandivorce

(I'm kidding, I wouldn't be surprised if they're talking to each other in some way right now)
this is funny to me cause my sister was always the butt of the 'adopted' jokes since she's a brunette and my brother and i are both gingers! everyone says phil is ginger but tbh, i think martyn has more close to copper hair than phil does.

i was thinking dan would upload on world mental health day as well this month. i don't know what it is about him that makes me feel comforted and more trusting in him, but when he talks about mental health i feel less alone. any other youtuber i watch can talk about it all day and i don't feel much connection to it. i think it's cause dnp helped me through my depressuon, loneliness and confusion through middle school + highschool, but i never seen dan be so honest and serious as he has i Daniel and Depression. i think that's why, but i wasn't entirely shocked when he said he has depression. i just felt,,, understood? so i am interested if he will ever do a therapy video..

sorry for the tangent, i did not allow myself to express much emotion today for some reason, and apparently it all bursts from my fingertips at 12:30am when i'm lying in bed in the dark.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
dancy
procrastinator

I think it's a good thing Dan went to visit his family and maybe he finally got to wish his grandma a happy birthday. And I suppose it's possible Phil's parents were in town but if not, I wouldn't be surprised if Phil plans on visiting them soon (in fact, I'm somewhat surprised he hasn't done so yet).

Very glad to hear Phil is filming an AP video soon! I had already expected a new gaming video at this point but I guess they've run out of videos recorded during the tour and haven't sit down and filmed a new one yet or haven't finished editing it. I fear that live shows on a weekly basis are over, seeing as they didn't do one last week (though they were probably busy editing the movie) but also because they're not obligated to do them that frequently anymore.
hello9217 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:23 pm I wonder if dan will post a video for World Mental Health Day. It would be a great coming back video after being away for so long and it will also be the year anniversary of Daniel and Depression. But maybe he is still not in the zone to post anything, which I get.
I doubt we're getting a video from Dan, considering World Mental Health Day is on Wednesday and it can take him quite a while to film and edit videos, especially ones with a more serious, sensitive topic. He could even still be in Reading for another day or so and I don't really get the impression that he's thinking about his main channel all that much. I'm definitely expecting some sort of mention of WMHD and Young Minds though and would love if he did a live show like he did last year.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

ratlad wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:37 am

this is funny to me cause my sister was always the butt of the 'adopted' jokes since she's a brunette and my brother and i are both gingers! everyone says phil is ginger but tbh, i think martyn has more close to copper hair than phil does.
this is funny to me because we couldn't do that joke in my family, my sister and i are literal copies of my dad. because of that my big sister never had the opportunity to make me believe that i was adopted (the famous older sibling joke), instead, she made me believe i wasn't a part of Europe......
:gayaf:
sparkle
blobfish

Lol last time I went to see my grandma she went all out on the adoption jokes. I have a different blood type (A-) to literally everyone else in my entire family going as far back as great grandparents. That was from my own grandmother ffs.

Also praying Dan makes a video for mental health day. It would be very nice. Especially because my anxiety is through the roof rn.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
autumnhearth
senpai

ratlad wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:37 am

i was thinking dan would upload on world mental health day as well this month. i don't know what it is about him that makes me feel comforted and more trusting in him, but when he talks about mental health i feel less alone. any other youtuber i watch can talk about it all day and i don't feel much connection to it. i think it's cause dnp helped me through my depressuon, loneliness and confusion through middle school + highschool, but i never seen dan be so honest and serious as he has i Daniel and Depression. i think that's why, but i wasn't entirely shocked when he said he has depression. i just felt,,, understood? so i am interested if he will ever do a therapy video..

sorry for the tangent, i did not allow myself to express much emotion today for some reason, and apparently it all bursts from my fingertips at 12:30am when i'm lying in bed in the dark.
I think Martyn is strawberry blonde, though a bit muted. And Phil is probably a dull auburn. I know I’ve said this before, but since it’s relevent again I come from a family with the recessive red hair gene. My dad was properly ginger before balding early, my brother has brown hair but grows copper facial hair, my sister is strawberry blonde and I’m auburn (it was more red when I was younger, but never like flaming orange). My half sister is a light brunette though, not a bit of red, (as she didn’t have a Hungarian great-grandmother with mysterious red hair) when she lightens her hair it goes blonde, when I lighten my hair it goes copper (see highlighter head Phil).

In the winter my hair is duller. It also looked less red when it was short and spikey (because of lack of time exposed to the sun and the hair gel on top, see pics of Phil with spiked up hair). Just yesterday I noticed my hair was super dull after a few bad mental health days. I took a shower last night and double shampooed and conditioned and when I looked in the mirror this morning I was genuinely surprised by how red it looked. So ya know, it varies.

And as others have hinted at before Phil could genuinely have mousy brown hair if he didn’t dye it and still be a fire crotch. Yeah, I said it. I’m genuinely curious what color his beard would be (you can’t always tell with stubble) and no, chest hair and underarm hair are not good indicators, my husband’s sparse chest hair is dark like Phil’s, but he’s blonde and his arm and leg hair are very light. And now I’m pretty sure I’ve shared tmi. Hair is weird, but fascinating :shrug:

As for a dinof video in the next week, nah I’m not holding my breath. I think it’s too soon after tour, he said he wasn’t in the zone, like Phil was. And honestly that’s perfectly fine. I’m sure we’ll get some kind of acknowledgement from him on the day.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Today is 3 years since TABINOF came out, so let that sink into your newly-formed wrinkles.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

:rofl: fire, ahem :lol: thanks for the red hair rundown, that’s interesting. I was just about to say he has black chest hair, so... nevermind, then!

3 years since Tabinof, yes, I remember waiting until I could go home and read it and taking weeks to savour it slowly. My wrinkles are mostly from frowning. I’d stopped wearing makeup, rarely ever did, still don’t really, but the improvement is nice. I wonder if they have any other book ideas, especially fiction. The way Dan’s said “not a book, don’t worry!” about secret projects, sad if they’ve been put off.

Roll on new AP video. Not long now until all the spooks, bakes, whiskers and gaming, assuming they go in for all of it.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

rizzo wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:31 pm Today is 3 years since TABINOF came out, so let that sink into your newly-formed wrinkles.
thanks, weve all aged well :ribena: :ribena: :ribena:
"you are next to me in my life"
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I'm not saying that Dan might have other ways of knowing Phil's ginger since he's the one who says it (where Phil argues mousey brown mostly) but uh Dan might have other ways of knowing that :hmmm: (I'm totally not saying that though nope)

God three years since tabinof?? Jesus. I remember the chaos when they announced it, and the extremely poor planning with relaxing the UK tickets. I also have a vivid memory of racing to the book store to get it and coming home to read (or really, admire the hq photos lol) it in a sitting. And along those lines, I suffered my way through their fics again during a social media detox for one of my uni assignments the other day and I had a lot of analytical thoughts. But maybe I was just very bored.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

I also vividly remember the tabinof announcement day. what a clusterfuck, i felt awful that it wasn't received 100% positively, but i think they just learned they can't throw things at us without proper context. (once they explained we were mostly happy and proud of them) They've grown so much since then. 3 years though?? wow
obsessivelymoody wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:40 pm I'm not saying that Dan might have other ways of knowing Phil's ginger since he's the one who says it (where Phil argues mousey brown mostly) but uh Dan might have other ways of knowing that :hmmm: (I'm totally not saying that though nope)
opendoor
rainbow nerd

Hehe I've always maintained he's a ginge, I've posted it on here before (by that I do mean a browny red, still counts). There's just so many pics of Phil at different ages with orangey hair, and you can see it coming through at his roots even now. Also dat complexion is a ginger if I've ever seen one. Phil denying it never was convincing on any level, I remember Dan bringing it up, and Martyn's a strawberry blonde which means the ginger gene is in play. I rest my case.

Even though II's almost over I'll put this in under a spoiler
So I feel validated by Phil's diss track
@autumnhearth the phrase "fire crotch" is haunting me.
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

obsessivelymoody wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:40 pm I'm not saying that Dan might have other ways of knowing Phil's ginger since he's the one who says it (where Phil argues mousey brown mostly) but uh Dan might have other ways of knowing that :hmmm: (I'm totally not saying that though nope)

God three years since tabinof?? Jesus. I remember the chaos when they announced it, and the extremely poor planning with relaxing the UK tickets. I also have a vivid memory of racing to the book store to get it and coming home to read (or really, admire the hq photos lol) it in a sitting. And along those lines, I suffered my way through their fics again during a social media detox for one of my uni assignments the other day and I had a lot of analytical thoughts. But maybe I was just very bored.
well, some men do have ginger hair....other.....places..... like the beard, even if their hair everywhere else is darker. i suppose phil most likely carries that gene, so dan might have seen it somewhere on his body... definitely his beard we're talking about, wouldn't know where else it could be. i'm stumped, honestly.

happy birthday tabinof!! not sure about wrinkles, but i have very heavy, puffy purple bags underneath my eyes. i wish they were heavy with cash instead of heavy from carrying the weight of disappointment for almost 19 years.

aww phil's new ig story. he put himself in a rainbow box :rainbowsparkle: ft. video game noises in the background, i assume dan is back!!!
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
knq
lava lamp

Phil Lester is a gift upon us all.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Phils just out there reminding me who I’m really gone for :love2: also i love his sweater