Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

Moments like this Dan really warms my heart. I am so proud to stan these two! They’ve helped me through two very tough times in my life but have also made me connect with so many amazing and beautiful people. I’m not crying honestly 😂
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

My heart is very, very full right now. Everything about this is just so, so wonderful and sweet :love1:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Phil liked the instagram post almost immediately and a tweet from someone buying Dan's charity merch. I love supportive partners. :love2:
annabanana
sofa crease

I'm so happy that Dan was able to get to a place where he could be so open about his mental health and involved with a charity like Young Minds. It seems to bring him so much happiness and is just a wonderful thing to see. Having been through my own mental health issues and now that I work with young people in a mental health/education field, it's so amazing that the general idea of a "World Mental Health Day" has really taken off and that there has been so much involvement.

Dan's flag also reminded me of a song one of my favorite singers put out recently in support of a mental health initiative in Ireland. I'll link it under the cut if anyone would like to listen
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm really glad Dan got to have his moment yesterday and today, and now I'm really ready for a Phil liveshow tomorrow and potentially either a gaming video or an AP video over the next few days.

I wonder if Dan got proof versions of his shirt, or if this was kind of a last minute deal like the Manchester charity shirts where they mocked it up and put it on sale asap? I know he's said that he's had this idea for years but I don't know when he decided to do it as a charity shirt today specifically. Mostly I'm wondering if we'll see the shirt pop back up with Phil wearing it in the liveshow or in a gaming video. (Though, maybe if Dan had a proof copy, he would have showed it in the liveshow... yeah ok not gonna hold my breath there then.)
fieldoflovers
living flop

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:19 am I'm really glad Dan got to have his moment yesterday and today, and now I'm really ready for a Phil liveshow tomorrow and potentially either a gaming video or an AP video over the next few days.

I wonder if Dan got proof versions of his shirt, or if this was kind of a last minute deal like the Manchester charity shirts where they mocked it up and put it on sale asap? I know he's said that he's had this idea for years but I don't know when he decided to do it as a charity shirt today specifically. Mostly I'm wondering if we'll see the shirt pop back up with Phil wearing it in the liveshow or in a gaming video. (Though, maybe if Dan had a proof copy, he would have showed it in the liveshow... yeah ok not gonna hold my breath there then.)
Phil did say he likes to order from the website to "see if it works" so maybe we'll see him in one, which would be wonderful(tho not till November probs)

On a similar note, I'm eagerly awaiting the next Phil video and I would find it hilarious if Phil did one of those 'I spent a $1000 on x website' but do it with danandphilshop. Idk why I find that so funny b/c its just spon but I guess phil can make anything funny.

I don't want to get all sappy or personal but I really appreciate Dan and I'm so glad he's happy and living his truth <3
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

I don't know if it's still WMHD in any time zone at all right now, but I just wanted to say how lovely I think this merch is and how happy it makes me that Dan is so committed to the Young Minds charity <3

I can't believe it's been a whole year since he uploaded his video about depression!! I'm not as active on here now as I was back then, but I'll always remember just how moved I was that first time watching, and how heartwarming it was to read how much it had moved all you guys too.

A year on from that day he uploaded, I finally worked up to the courage to get a referral to see a psychologist about my own mental health, which has taken a turn for the worse in the year since the video was uploaded. Watching that video for the first time I genuinely didn't think it would be so relevant to my own life just a year on, but Dan's openness about his mental health and his general encouragement about seeking help genuinely bolstered my confidence today in doing something that terrified me, and taking direct action to improve my mental health. I do love him so :love1: :love1: :love1:
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I have a lot of feelings about Dan liking Trench and saying that he relates to the lyrics. I listened the album out of curiosity and it's actually very good and the lyrics of 'Leave the City', the song Dan posted on his ig, are very interesting:
I'm tired
Of tending to this fire
I've used up all I've collected
I have singed my hands
It's glowing
Embers barely showing
Proof of life in the shadows
Dancing on my plans

They know that it's almost
They know that it's almost over

The burning
Is so low it's concerning
'Cause they know that when it goes out
It's a glorious gone
It's only
Time before they show me
Why no one ever comes back
With details from beyond

They know
They know
They know
They know
They know

In time, I will leave the city
For now, I will stay alive

They know
They know

Last year
I needed change of pace
Couldn't take the pace of change
Moving hastily
But this year
Though I'm far from home
In TRENCH I'm not alone
These faces facing me

They know
They know
What I mean

Also, the explanation of the song:
“Leave The City” describes the point where the narrator decides they will one day leave the city of Dema that is described throughout the album. At the same time, however, they are content with staying alive for now. While this is the last song on the album, it in many ways describes the start of a next step, leaving the metaphorical city. In the big picture of the album, this song describes Tyler Joseph coming to terms with the fact that battling a mental health problem takes time and that the path to addressing it is not always straightforward. Knowing that, he promises to stay alive through it all.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
autumnhearth
senpai

@captainspacecoat it’s good to hear from you and I’m proud of you for taking that first step. I’m sorry things have been rough and sincerely hope you find the tools you need. It’s been a little over a year since I did the same, I had already set up an appointment before the video was uploaded, though I think my first session was a couple days after, because I mentioned it as a recent thing. I’d like to think things have improved, but it’s been a rough journey. I may end up getting a genetic test done if this latest combination of meds don’t help, as my body seems pretty resistant, just as it was to migraine meds.

I’ve been thinking about some things Dan has said, and I want to preface this by saying I love him, he’s a good egg and I’m so very proud of him. However for some reason, whenever he says something along the lines of “if I can do it/get through it, so can you” it rubs me the wrong way. My initial knee jerk reaction is oh poor rich white boy, what do you know about suffering? Which is of course unfair. All suffering is personal, and if you try to compare you will always find people who have it worse. Plus I have no idea what he’s been through, there could be traumas, beyond bullying and depression that are too personal to share. And maybe he thinks the majority of his audience haven’t suffered much worse, but I know there are individuals who have gone through horrible loss and abuse and it just... I wish he would be more careful with his words, or think outside himself. Am I missing a meaning here? Is he just trying to say he’s such a flop or a fail (which I don’t believe) that if he can do it, people with more strength can? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Also while I think the quote on his merch is pretty profound and clearly inspiring/uplifting for some, and I’ve reblogged the heck out of it in fan art (my blog is just full of yellow and black right now) it just makes me feel sad, because so often I don’t have the courage or struggle with even wanting to exist. And maybe it means that I need it all the more and one day I will love it. Btw I’m totally not critizing Dan for that, this one is definitely my own issue. But I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same?

Sorry this is all so negative. I haven’t been in a great headspace. I’m hoping a Phil livestream will help cheer me up and get me through a weekend full of extra child care and no money. I should go for a walk.

Thanks for sharing that @glitterintheair I’ll probably go have a listen, his last few music recs haven’t been to my liking, but I’ve found things I’ve really liked before. Thumbs up for Christine and the Queens, thumbs down for 1999.
sparkle
blobfish

Yes Dan! The mental health thing really made me feel things. My mental health is something I'm trying to take seriously and it's fucking hard. It really makes me proud to see him embrace his position with mental illness and just be so incredibly inspiring and kind. Honestly, having him say if he can get through it so can I is one of those things that makes me feel less alone. I relate so much to Dan that it feels like he's got my back. (and I literally said as much to him lol)

And re: Trench. YES DANIEL WE LOVE TWENTY ONE PILOTS. They're literally in the god tier of my favourite bands with My Chem and Muse so I'm very happy to see he likes Trench which is literally my favourite album since probably Melodrama last year? And is pretty much one of my favourite albums of all time already.

I'm interested to know what he thinks about Neon Gravestones which is my favourite song on the album and also takes a very interesting look at self harm/suicide/depression and made me want to cry and call my grandparents and tell them they're incredible people.

Honestly this album has made me so fucking introspective because I relate to so many of the lyrics and themes on it. Im so super excited to see that Dan feels the same because it is brilliant. It's so dark and melancholy and angry and catchy and ugh. Tyler is an absolute genius and they deserve all the praise I can give them. (and Josh is pretty great too. I've met them both and they're also so humble irl)

Basically - Dan wins with the recommend. Please go listen to Trench. It's astounding. No I'm not paid by Josh and Tyler. Promise.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
bestfriendsclub
dank meme

autumnhearth wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:20 pm
I’ve been thinking about some things Dan has said, and I want to preface this by saying I love him, he’s a good egg and I’m so very proud of him. However for some reason, whenever he says something along the lines of “if I can do it/get through it, so can you” it rubs me the wrong way. My initial knee jerk reaction is oh poor rich white boy, what do you know about suffering? Which is of course unfair. All suffering is personal, and if you try to compare you will always find people who have it worse. Plus I have no idea what he’s been through, there could be traumas, beyond bullying and depression that are too personal to share. And maybe he thinks the majority of his audience haven’t suffered much worse, but I know there are individuals who have gone through horrible loss and abuse and it just... I wish he would be more careful with his words, or think outside himself. Am I missing a meaning here? Is he just trying to say he’s such a flop or a fail (which I don’t believe) that if he can do it, people with more strength can? Anyone have any thoughts on this?
I don't know for sure, but I get the feeling Dan's depression includes a lot of self hatred, which is why he needs the courage to exist. When a mental illness makes you believe everybody hates you and the best thing you could do for the world is stop existing, it takes so much courage to say no, I will talk to my friends. I will make this video. I am going to let myself exist. I don't think Dan meant to say that his life is harder than anyone else's, I think he just meant that you can get through it, and he is living proof that it is possible.
autumnhearth
senpai

Thanks for that insight/perspective @bestfriendsclub, it makes sense.

Another bit I liked from Dan’s ls that I forgot to mention, was his Pokémon evolving metaphor. While I don’t relate personally (I was a pretty smart, passionate, aware person as a teenager and if anything I feel like I’m devolving thanks to mental health and raising a small person) I think it suits him and probably a lot of people well.

Oh and we tried the fizzy milk last night (not the same brand as Phil had) and everyone really liked it. It had a creamsicle meets Sprite flavor.
Ablissa
pastel persona

Solo Phil ls and gaming vid later? Sign me up! I wonder if he'll stay longer than 30 minutes.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

There's something so soothing about just listening to Phil talk about candles and coffee drinks. Maybe it's because I'm really low energy today myself but this is like... exactly what I needed in my day.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Short and sweet live show, but it made my break from uni work very enjoyable. Ready for the gaming video!
liola
rankussy

Phil just really always manages to calm me down and put me in the warmest most coziest mood. Whenever he does a liveshow I truly feel that pang of loning for the idea of being his friend, I feel like curling up on a sofa with a cup of tea and listening to him talk might be so soothing and nice.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Yayyy phil liveshow. Excited to watch. Sounds like a nice, chill one. I'm also vaguely intrigued by an ask I just saw on tumblr

Excited for the gaming vid too! So much to watch later tonight!!
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

why would anybody buy candles online (unless it's a £125 one for your boyfriend's birthday) i was in bath&bodyworks 2 weeks ago and smelled the Flannel candle, it wasn't horrible, just kinda strong. like you're outside the door of the boy's locker room in middle school. at b&bw they have Pecan Waffle and Pumpkin Marshmallow Latte scented candles, they are sssoooo goooodd! i am happy about a new video! i was supposed to be cleaning as phil was doing the ls but i said Fuck The Broom and sat on my ass for that man.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
knq
lava lamp

Phil's out there making today a good day. <3 I enjoyed listening to him describe the art exhibit he went to and his experience of absorbing so much creativity at once.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I didn't catch the whole live show, but I enjoyed what I did manage to see. Will definitely watch the whole ls back later.

I'm excited for the gaming vid coming soon and for a new AP vid next week.
Ablissa
pastel persona

I liked the live show! At first he seemed less into it than Dan, but then I started to really enjoy it. I loved his recount of going to the art fair with Cornelia and Martyn, how cute was that? Raised my brows when he said "houseowner", please be a real thing. I really missed Phil.

And the gaming video... I'll be honest, depression has really been kicking my ass lately, but this genuinely made me laugh. I loved it. Some cute comments I'll pick up better on second viewing, but I just completely lost it at Rosalina = Mona Lisa. I love these boys so much. :happytears:

edit: How could I forget - Phil looked gorgeous today. Hoodie and glasses? YES? PLEASE? THANK YOU?? And in the gaming vid too! Dan looked super cute as well! And what did he mean about "attending to some business" at the end??
edit2: I remember what stood out to me. That part at the end when Dan was like, why are you ladies here, we wanted to be alone. Ok then Dan :lol:
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

"that's phil in the morning before he puts his glasses on"
god,, thats... cute...
trying to print a white rectangle is totally something i would do as well tbh.
"why are the ladies here? we just want some bro time"
two bros
chillin in a field.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
hello9217
flower crown

The liveshow was just the epitome of a phil liveshow and I loved it. They are just super relaxing to me. His voice is so soothing and I just drink some tea and listen. Definitely don't think the Lesters were in town because Phil would have mentioned it but the story from the museum was funny. I'm actually surprised that Phil hasn't seen his family yet, that we know of.
This gaming video was super enjoyable as well. Phil was truly the definition of a valid dumbass in this video. Leaving yogurt in the gaming room for 5 months, printing out a blank sheet of paper, putting the sticker upside down on his head. Ugh hopefully we won't have to go 2 weeks with no videos again and they get back in the rhythm.
And finally new phil video next week!
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

i realised tonight how much i missed phil liveshows! i love them so much (apart from when he calls out people in the chat but i felt like there was less of this in tonight's show)

also the gaming video was amazing. i love mario party so i was super excited! and as usual i was rooting for phil but tho time i literally stood up and started jumping and screaming (both times) while my best friend was there next to me rooting for dan! haha
so yeah.... i'm really happy! i love them, thank you boys!
:gayaf:
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Phil's liveshows are always so chill and soothing, honestly bless him.

The gaming vid was cute, I really enjoyed.
Dan correcting the sticker on Phil's forehead was soft and that whole 'why are the ladies here', we wanted to be just us' bit.. yeah. I mean, it wasn't very surprising but still.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.