Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Someone tell me the stream ended. I look over and my phone has a heat warning :shock:
oh my god i think i lost the recording
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

sonicgreen wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:49 pm Someone tell me the stream ended. I look over and my phone has a heat warning :shock:
It ended!! Around :46 I think

That was both cute and hilarious, the boys are tired and ready to go home I think. I'm 90% sure TBC are happening, they seem really really confident about it and I couldn't be happier.

Also that dog content...the transition into going home part...my forever home senses are tingling y'all
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Ablissa
pastel persona

Seems they plan to continue their live shows after going home, but not sure if on rize or elsewhere?
And Dan was sooo suggestive about TBC dates I'm starting to get my hopes up for them, but they're going home first and will be home on Monday :love2:

I loved this live show, they were funny and I'm always up for Dan saying "our life", discussing their home and stuff like that. Although I don't understand what Dan meant at the end (referring to something Phil said at the beginning). Also lovely mention of Dan's family, but DAN, GET YO NAN A NEW PHONE, BOI

Editing again to say: Dan mentioned Phil always having a pina colada and my thoughts immediately went where they shouldn't. Also, Phil is allergic to tequila, poor child
Last edited by Ablissa on Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

sonicgreen wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:49 pm Someone tell me the stream ended. I look over and my phone has a heat warning :shock:
I have most of the screen recording if needed (missed the very beginning), though it didn't record audio, so not sure how much help that'd actually be! :(

Hope the phone and recording are okay!
sonicgreen
woodland creature

topdanhowellmemes wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:54 pm
I have most of the screen recording if needed (missed the very beginning), though it didn't record audio, so not sure how much help that'd actually be! :(

Hope the phone and recording are okay!
Ahhh, the phone is fine. But it definitely deleted the recording, I’ll keep an eye on it but normally it should have appeared in my camera roll by now.
Feeling a little foolish as this just wasted an hour of my day :roll:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

This was a pretty cute liveshow. They did seem tired, particularly Phil, but there was a lot of niceness in some of the moments. The Formula 1 convo was cute, I like them both acknowledging how Phil doesn't really care. Also Dan and his grandma/mum convo mentions. I love Dan asserting his knowledge of Phil's allergy and digestive quirks, lmao. (Also, jeez, Phil's allergic to a lot of stuff.)
Ablissa wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:52 pmI loved this live show, they were funny and I'm always up for Dan saying "our life", discussing their home and stuff like that. Although I don't understand what Dan meant at the end (referring to something Phil said at the beginning). Also lovely mention of Dan's family, but DAN, GET YO NAN A NEW PHONE, BOI
I got the impression Phil didn't know either, he actually seemed a little concerned at how Dan was stressing Phil being weird at the start.
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

What a lovely endearing mess this was
I'm glad we got a tiny bit of confirmation that liveshows aren't stopping
I hope they get a bit of rest going home, looks like they need it
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

@sonicgreen Noooo D: Thanks for trying as always though.

I might be able to puzzle some things together... No promises though! If anyone else got recordings (video+audio or just audio!!) please PM me.

@topdanhowellmemes I'm sending you a PM for your video recording.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Catallena wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:10 pm @sonicgreen Noooo D: Thanks for trying as always though.

I might be able to puzzle some things together... No promises though! If anyone else got recordings (video+audio or just audio!!) please PM me.

@topdanhowellmemes I'm sending you a PM for your video recording.
you guys are always so nice to me <3 :happytears:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

What I managed to catch was cute, my Internet gets ropey and kept dropping. I picked up a few things I missed from scrolling back through Twitter, Dan defending Phil from his own self-deprecation sounds adorable. That is a lot of allergies, poor guy, amazing he’s only discovering them now. Hopefully they won’t get worse seeing as he keeps ignoring them.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

aaaaa i was cleaning so i didn't get to watch, i'm curious about what they said about home? also ik phil had his fringe back lol.
thank u to those tried recording!! rize sucks idk why it overheats so much :–/
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
firsttimeposter
living flop

flarequake wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:13 pm :rofl: oh, this is too good. Though someone replied on Twitter that the drinking age is 25 which google tells me is the case in some states, but otherwise it’s 21 and Dan could pass for 20, I guess, certainly 24. Still funny.
Wow that makes so much more sense haha, in Denmark where I’m from the drinking age is 16, and 18 for hard liquor so i imagined they though dan was like 15 hahaha. Certainly not the case.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

im in love with this

edit : now that i really look at the selfie with this tweet earlier in mind, i can't help seeing it as a father-son selfie..... please send help
:gayaf:
Ablissa
pastel persona

My whining for a deppy selfie had been answered :stan:
Am I the only one that finds Dan's sunglasses weird?
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

Tourist selfie! I was hoping for one. :D

Also, am I the only one who's reminded on the Cadbury's advert when Dan waggles his eyebrows?
autumnhearth
senpai

firsttimeposter wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:33 pm
flarequake wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:13 pm :rofl: oh, this is too good. Though someone replied on Twitter that the drinking age is 25 which google tells me is the case in some states, but otherwise it’s 21 and Dan could pass for 20, I guess, certainly 24. Still funny.
Wow that makes so much more sense haha, in Denmark where I’m from the drinking age is 16, and 18 for hard liquor so i imagined they though dan was like 15 hahaha. Certainly not the case.
Still apparently not considered a man.

@Ataraxia25 I wish I could send help but I see it too. Still glad they posted this I was bummed that they mentioned sightseeing and hadn’t posted a story.

@Ablissa Dan’s sunglasses are strange but I’ll take them over some of his other choice eye protection.

The stream was nice but left me feeling melancholy for some reason. It was nice hearing about Manila’s enthusiasm. Also hearing Phil has only ever order chicken tikka masala in the “ten years” Dan and Phil have been getting Indian takeaway is endearing. That’s literally my husband with Indian food (and only Pad Thai and General Tsoas for Thai and Chinese, whereas I like to try everything. What there are three kinds of goat on the menu? I must return to try them all! Same with duck. Now I really want curry damnit.) So yeah, definitely the kind of tangent I love.

^Terrifying. The kid’s cuter.
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

autumnhearth wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:08 pm The stream was nice but left me feeling melancholy for some reason. It was nice hearing about Manila’s enthusiasm. Also hearing Phil has only ever order chicken tikka masala in the “ten years” Dan and Phil have been getting Indian takeaway is endearing. That’s literally my husband with Indian food (and only Pad Thai and General Tsoas for Thai and Chinese, whereas I like to try everything. What there are three kinds of goat on the menu? I must return to try them all! Same with duck. Now I really want curry damnit.) So yeah, definitely the kind of tangent I love.
It's okay though, because they share, so Philly can try things. <3
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

TADAAAAAAA

It's lagtastic and there's some jumpcuts, sorry :( So far this liveshow seems a bit cursed with people not being able to record or recordings failing, and I haven't seen other versions yet. So this will just have to do. :shrug:

Pretend that its one of those 2012 era YouNow liveshows. Same lag and audio cuts. :thumb:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

sarmstr2 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:32 pm
sonicgreen wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:57 pm I’m recording today, my pals. Totally didn’t move my uni schedule for this, I would never. ;)
Just like I would Never move a conference call to watch... :shhh:
And like I would never show up a few minutes late to a (relatively unimportant) meeting to watch live. :thumb: Here are my highlights:
  • [0:57] Phil reverts to his old hairstyle.
  • [7:24] Dan was up until 6am playing Guild Wars 2. Dan is a ledge. :lol:
  • [8:33] The start of a story of how a bartender thought Dan was underage.
  • [8:54] Phil is distracted by his hair again. Dan plays with it at [9:10].
  • [10:30] Phil touches Dan’s face. Then, they say this about Dan's eyes:
    P: You’ve got useful eyes.
    D: Not for long. Not--If you stare at them for too long, you just see the--the wailing scream of thousands of years of pain.
  • [15:32] Apparently, Mercedes contacted Dan when they were setting up their Twitter and Instagram accounts to...hit him up for some social media tips? Then, he visited their headquarters three years ago, and they told him to let them know if he ever wanted to see a race. And calling in that favor is how he and Phil got to go to the F1 Singapore Grand Prix.
  • [16:41] Story of how Phil asked Valtteri Bottas if he played Mario Kart. Phil is a ledge. :lol:
  • [17:45] There seems to be a cut in the video here. Within the cut, Phil said something about how he saw on Twitter that people weren’t sure if it was Dan or Phil who had said “Water me, Daddy!” in Dan’s Instagram story. (Here's the audio clip in question: [1:56].) Phil wanted the answer to this question to forever be a mystery, but Dan was outraged that anyone could think that Phil had said that.
  • [18:04] A timer goes off on Dan’s Phone. It was a reminder to call his grandma because apparently he’s been trying to reach her since her birthday several weeks ago, and her phone is currently only working in the utility room of her home.
  • [23:01] Dan bothering Phil on the plane again.
    D: We were having a conversation about the prequels...actually, no, I was just talking at Phil on the plane.

D: Phil’s like, “Oh, my God. I don’t care about Star Wars prequels.”
    P: I think it’s ‘cuz it was like four in the morning in my head.
    D: It was.
    P: And you were like, “Here’s my essay about...Jedi.”
    D: And I was like, “Here’s my opinion on why Revenge of the Sith is the best Star Wars movie.” And Phil was like, “I’m checking out.” Okay.
  • [25:24] Hint at the next DanAndPhilGAMES video:
    D: There is a banging DanAndPhilGAMES video coming soon.
    P: Yeah.
    D: Uh, we got very lucky.
    P: We--No, don’t--No, don’t say anything.
    D: That’s all I can say. We had a tasty dinner.
    P: No.
    D: Okay.
    P: Spoilers.
  • [27:15] Dan on dogs and cats.
    D: I want a dog to lick me right now. I’m so jealous and sad. *reading chat” “I guess I need a dog to be valid.” Yes, you do. That’s okay. Alright, hey there. *reading chat* “My cat won’t be enough.” It never will. I’m sorry. That--That’s the truth right there.
  • [28:41] They start the call with the fifth viewer of the liveshow. The guest is unsure whether they’re on for a solid sixty-three second. I’m sure some people found this part incredibly cringey, but I was dying the whole time! I can’t do a direct quote because the audio in the recording is messed up here, but right before they finally realized they were on, the guest said something along the lines of, “When you think it might be you, but you’re not sure.” I think this might be why Dan lost it at [29:28]. I know I did. :rofl:
  • [31:28] This is pretty garbled in the recording, but they’re saying here not to worry if you didn’t get picked because there’s always next time. It sounds to me like they plan to continue doing liveshows after they go home, and they will probably be on Rize (unless YouNow has added a feature to pull people onto the screen).
  • [34:07] Dan raises and lowers his eyebrows a bunch of times. I thought it was really funny live, but it loses its effect with the lag in the recording.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
Phantasy
woodland creature

I love how organic it felt when they mention having breakfast away from each other... clarifying that they had a separate room used to feel like an out of the way insertion and a blatant attempt at Phan denial, but here we finally see why it make so much sense for them to not spend every single waking (and sleeping) moment joined by the hip. Aside from having different sleep schedules (Dan typically goes to bed later) and probably wanting some breathing room which is a perfectly healthy thing for couples to do (especially when you mix in the stress of travel and the tour), sometimes Dan just needs some alone time to play GuildWars until 6am.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Phantasy wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:45 pm I love how organic it felt when they mention having breakfast away from each other... clarifying that they had a separate room used to feel like an out of the way insertion and a blatant attempt at Phan denial, but here we finally see why it make so much sense for them to not spend every single waking (and sleeping) moment joined by the hip. Aside from having different sleep schedules (Dan typically goes to bed later) and probably wanting some breathing room which is a perfectly healthy thing for couples to do (especially when you mix in the stress of travel and the tour), sometimes Dan just needs some alone time to play GuildWars until 6am.
I agree! Though I will say, I didn't necissarily take this as them saying they had separate rooms. If Phil woke up at 8 am and Dan didn't wake up until close to 1 pm then they could very easily have been in the same room, Phil just didn't want to sit around for five hours while Dan slept... so went out for breakfast, went to see the city some, etc. I kind of get the same pleasure out of them having little solo adventures.

It's also been confirmed they've had king suite rooms a lot, right? So they might actually have one hotel with multiple rooms, which would be super convenient for Dan wanting to game and Phil wanting to sleep.

Damn, typing this out is making me really how much I'm gonna miss the little game of figuring out where they were after they've gone. I love seeing all the variety of room and bed and suite combos they're in. It's like vicarious living, except like, I just get to look at pictures. Er... the more I type the more sad it sounds. Anyway! It's been fun and it's surreal how soon they'll be home.
autumnhearth
senpai

Thanks for the timestamps @itasca00! I think Phil said that Dan had ‘youthful eyes’, though they are more useful than Phil’s ;)

Me too @alittledizzy, me too. Even when I don’t find the place they stayed I always see pretty places. I’ve been getting ads for hotels in Australia for awhile now :oops:
knq
lava lamp

They streamed on my first day back at university. I walked out of class and caught the last two minutes of the Rize show. Much appreciation to those who recorded!

I loved the first five or ten minutes of the stream especially, where they seemed like they were just talking to and bickering at each other. I mean, that’s usually what they do in joint shows anyway, but clearly talking about food makes them especially uninterested in the chat.

Dan seemed like a bit of an oddball today (though he always kinda does). He made a face when Phil said he was going to share Dan’s high tea, and then about 4 seconds later Phil’s talking about whenever they order Indian food and Dan goes “Share!” :shrug: Same with Phil’s hair. Apparently it was terrible until Dan liked it so much he was transfixed.
det395
tol bean
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Thanks to everyone who did the recordings, and @itasca00 for the highlights to fill me in on the bits of glitchy confusion! I blame Rize completely, I wish the sponsors had just paid them to go on Younow for the tour lol.

It was a good one! I really like the liveshows during the tour b/c they seem to be bursting with stories and stuff they wanna talk about and I feel like we get a better look into their lives than the blank time-at-home we assume otherwise since they find it too boring to share. It's a cool look into the little things they talk about, even just about food. Also, I could see both dnp getting ID'd at a bar but to think Dan is a child?? I don't understand. Those "youthful eyes" apparently. And Phil looks quite youthful too but perhaps in person it's different without the airbrush effect of well-lit videos.

Also, can I say, pulling the viewers on isn't so bad for me to watch and I find it quite endearing BUT when rize glitches and keeps them on the screen for a long time after so we can hear them when they start freaking out.....that hurts to watch. At least they're gone from dnp's view but i still feel so bad when ppl clearly don't know they're being watched by thousands(?).
hello9217
flower crown

knq wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:22 am They streamed on my first day back at university. I walked out of class and caught the last two minutes of the Rize show. Much appreciation to those who recorded!

I loved the first five or ten minutes of the stream especially, where they seemed like they were just talking to and bickering at each other. I mean, that’s usually what they do in joint shows anyway, but clearly talking about food makes them especially uninterested in the chat.

Dan seemed like a bit of an oddball today (though he always kinda does). He made a face when Phil said he was going to share Dan’s high tea, and then about 4 seconds later Phil’s talking about whenever they order Indian food and Dan goes “Share!” :shrug: Same with Phil’s hair. Apparently it was terrible until Dan liked it so much he was transfixed.
I mean they did just get back from having drinks so maybe he was slightly tipsy and had less of a filter.