Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Locked
User avatar
LadyLackless
sad dimple
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:31 pm
Pronouns: She/Her
Location: UK

Re: Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Post by LadyLackless » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:29 pm

I’m British and I would say floor for indoor spaces and ground for outdoor spaces, so it might be just Phil?

I’m 100% not bothered that they have sets to film in. I think it’s a healthy thing and is a good way to maintain the barrier between what they will and won’t share.



User avatar
Whommel
sofa crease
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:45 am
Pronouns: They/them
Location: Denmark

Re: Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Post by Whommel » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:43 pm

autumnhearth wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:48 pm
^ Yep, Dan’s little ‘uh oh’ from that first liveshow is still fresh in my mind. I wonder if they’ll have to pay for replacement sofas when they move, what with all the stains (pizza grease being the most recent) or do they have a really good upholstery cleane?. When Phil said he would put the plaid candle in his bedroom, I was just wondering which one. I like joint videos done in their formal lounge, feels natural plus great lighting. And I’m still very curious about the future of AP.

When they move, how many bedrooms/office spaces do you think they realistically need? Would it be best to keep a separate work flat? Or can they find a way to still separate work and private life in one home? If they lived in the American suburbs it would be easy to just have a finished basement dedicated to that, but I imagine it’s a lot trickier in London. But as long as neither of them are regularly filming in their master/actual bedroom(s) I think that’s healthy. Does it matter to any of you as viewers? Does knowing some rooms are “sets” affect your enjoyment of their content? I’d say I’m just mildly amused at this point, but I don’t know how I’d feel if they kept up Phil’s bedroom in their next move. Anyone else occasionally search for forever homes with a multimillion pound budget for them just for fun? Just me?

The gaming video was great, I didn’t feel like recalling all the things that were said yesterday right after watching, knowing you guys would cover them all anyway. Nor did I feel like writing a post to say that Phil’s quiff looked great. But umm has anyone mentioned that? Cause damn it looked great.
I still don’t understand why Brits and Americans use floor and ground differently. It’s not just Phil right?
My reply to Phils tweet was: “Someone Danish and unmarried (who has Danish friends who are complete assholes 😀) turned 25. It’s a Danish tradition to pour obscene amounts of cinnamon on someone like that. At 30 it’s pepper.”

One of my friends was allowed to put on a gas mask he owns, was dragged outside under a streetlamp and had a kilo of cinnamon poured over him. I was nicer to him and gave him a cake made of cinnamon swirls. (kanelsnegle = cinnamon snails in Danish)

User avatar
Ataraxia25
woodland creature
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:31 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: france

Re: Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Post by Ataraxia25 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:09 pm

i was just thinking, dan called phil "bub"
im not a native speaker so, how normal is it to call someone like that? and is it just for friends or just for someone you're in a relationship with?
i've talked about this with my best friend but from a not native point of view, there may be connotations or whatever that we don't understand :shrug:
<3 <3 <3

User avatar
Ablissa
emo goose
Posts: 1195
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 5:49 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Post by Ablissa » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:32 pm

Ataraxia25 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:09 pm
i was just thinking, dan called phil "bub"
im not a native speaker so, how normal is it to call someone like that? and is it just for friends or just for someone you're in a relationship with?
i've talked about this with my best friend but from a not native point of view, there may be connotations or whatever that we don't understand :shrug:
I'm not a native speaker either, so I googled it, checked urban dictionary and I'm happy. Can anyone confirm this is accurate? Do people say that to friends? It's super sweet regardless.
bub - a soft way to call someone you love very much :happytears:

User avatar
Ataraxia25
woodland creature
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:31 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: france

Re: Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Post by Ataraxia25 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:36 pm

yes i checked on urban dictionary too!! so that's why i'm wondering :happytears:

edit to add this
<3 <3 <3

User avatar
onceinaugust
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 5:09 pm
Location: NY, USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Post by onceinaugust » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:40 pm

Ablissa wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:32 pm
Ataraxia25 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:09 pm
i was just thinking, dan called phil "bub"
im not a native speaker so, how normal is it to call someone like that? and is it just for friends or just for someone you're in a relationship with?
i've talked about this with my best friend but from a not native point of view, there may be connotations or whatever that we don't understand :shrug:
I'm not a native speaker either, so I googled it, checked urban dictionary and I'm happy. Can anyone confirm this is accurate? Do people say that to friends? It's super sweet regardless.
bub - a soft way to call someone you love very much :happytears:
I've never really seen it as a cute or lovey sort of word- it's more like calling someone kid, pal or buddy I think? It's kind of famous for being used by Wolverine in a ton of comic books and movies.
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"

User avatar
Ablissa
emo goose
Posts: 1195
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 5:49 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Post by Ablissa » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:42 pm

onceinaugust wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:40 pm
Ablissa wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:32 pm
Ataraxia25 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:09 pm
i was just thinking, dan called phil "bub"
im not a native speaker so, how normal is it to call someone like that? and is it just for friends or just for someone you're in a relationship with?
i've talked about this with my best friend but from a not native point of view, there may be connotations or whatever that we don't understand :shrug:
I'm not a native speaker either, so I googled it, checked urban dictionary and I'm happy. Can anyone confirm this is accurate? Do people say that to friends? It's super sweet regardless.
bub - a soft way to call someone you love very much :happytears:
I've never really seen it as a cute or lovey sort of word- it's more like calling someone kid, pal or buddy I think? It's kind of famous for being used by Wolverine in a ton of comic books and movies.
Dawww that makes a lot more sense. It sounded too good to be true :lol: Thank you!

User avatar
flarequake
fursona
Posts: 2004
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:55 pm
Pronouns: She/her
Location: London, UK

Re: Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Post by flarequake » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:52 pm

Yeah, it's not that special a word. Any time I've heard it, it tends to be meant either as cute or condescending.

User avatar
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:31 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Alabama, USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Post by thestigdrivesamini » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:07 pm

autumnhearth wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:48 pm

Anyone else occasionally search for forever homes with a multimillion pound budget for them just for fun? Just me?
Thank god I’m not the only one! I found a lovely one just north of the city that would be so perfect for them. It is quite fun to look at the incredible homes and imagine what they would do and how they would style them.

User avatar
Ablissa
emo goose
Posts: 1195
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 5:49 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Post by Ablissa » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:09 pm

@flarequake Thank you! I'll take cute, even if it's not as cute as I hoped. :lol:
(it's a video so I recommend checking the post)

First: SO DOMESTIC. THANK YOU PHIL. :happytears:
Second: Anyone remember whose dog is Frank? I think it's known, but I can't remember. (yes I'm nosy)
Last edited by Ablissa on Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ratlad
angel bean
Posts: 1014
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:45 am
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Post by ratlad » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:11 pm

ooohh lauren is in london with her dog! you think dnp went on a walk with her, maybe around the time phil tweeted? i love frank :lilheart:
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl

User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 4810
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Post by alittledizzy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:11 pm

oh no :( :( too cute :( :(

I wonder if they pulled the same thing on Lauren they did Louise, lmao - 'great visit but now we have a movie date planned, sorry.'

User avatar
glitterintheair
morning quiff
Posts: 451
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:56 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Post by glitterintheair » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:22 pm

I am living for Dan and Phil casually posting pics and stories of each other without silly captions to justify the gesture or whatever. They're just out there, sharing things just because they want to. What a year, man. I can't get over it.
alittledizzy wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:11 pm

I wonder if they pulled the same thing on Lauren they did Louise, lmao - 'great visit but now we have a movie date planned, sorry.'


Absolutely. I'm ready to bet on it lmao
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.

User avatar
knq
stress mushroom
Posts: 637
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:42 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Oregon, USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Post by knq » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:23 pm

Popcorn and dog visits. :happytears: :happytears: :happytears:

User avatar
ratlad
angel bean
Posts: 1014
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:45 am
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Post by ratlad » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:37 pm

alittledizzy wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:11 pm
oh no :( :( too cute :( :(

I wonder if they pulled the same thing on Lauren they did Louise, lmao - 'great visit but now we have a movie date planned, sorry.'
they want some bro time
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl

User avatar
sapienveneficus
sad dimple
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 3:22 pm
Location: USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Post by sapienveneficus » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:42 pm

ratlad wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:11 pm
ooohh lauren is in london with her dog! you think dnp went on a walk with her, maybe around the time phil tweeted? i love frank :lilheart:
Okay, I guess I'm a fake fan, who's Lauren?
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell

User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 4810
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Post by alittledizzy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:58 pm

sapienveneficus wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:42 pm
ratlad wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:11 pm
ooohh lauren is in london with her dog! you think dnp went on a walk with her, maybe around the time phil tweeted? i love frank :lilheart:
Okay, I guess I'm a fake fan, who's Lauren?
Lauren Koontz, she was on tour with them and works with IRL Digital. (Or maybe for IRL Digital? I know she was with Distict Lines but I'm still unsure if she officially left there and does IRL full time or if it's a partnership.)

User avatar
Ablissa
emo goose
Posts: 1195
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 5:49 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Post by Ablissa » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:40 pm

:babuse: SPON ALERT :babuse:

Watch party update: we're hosting an IDB-only watch party this weekend! Sunday, Oct 14th. We will start at 1 PM UTC / 2 PM BST and keep the thread open for the entire day, so either start with us at that time, or pop in whenever you like! After a few hours, I'll post some questions to get the discussion going! :)

We are voting for a pair of videos to watch this Sunday - the theme is old vs new gaming videos! Click here and vote for the videos!

I hope we'll have some people this week too! We're planning to expand this to the rest of the Phandom on Oct 21st, I'll post the details tomorrow :) (you can vote for videos for that too - we changed them a bit so new votes are welcome)

Also, this "project" now has a tumblr and twitter if anyone wants to follow that and help us spon it soon haha

User avatar
autumnhearth
bird nose
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:44 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: OH, USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Post by autumnhearth » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:56 pm

ratlad wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:37 pm
alittledizzy wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:11 pm
oh no :( :( too cute :( :(

I wonder if they pulled the same thing on Lauren they did Louise, lmao - 'great visit but now we have a movie date planned, sorry.'
they want some bro time
That’s okay, Lauren had girl time with Sarah. (eta: actually it might have been non gender exclusive Thai time as there’s a third plate in Lauren’s instastory and someone had to take the pic.)

Re: the name “bub” I don’t think it was meant as a term of endearment, but I could see how it could turn into one, the platonic bro version of babe. My sister and her family call their dogs “bubbies” because one of them looked like a big bub.

User avatar
liola
emo goose
Posts: 1195
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Italy

Re: Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Post by liola » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:55 pm

ratlad wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:11 pm
ooohh lauren is in london with her dog! you think dnp went on a walk with her, maybe around the time phil tweeted? i love frank :lilheart:
Isn't that Sarah's dog? I thought this was Laurens dog
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and how cute Phil Lester is.

User avatar
autumnhearth
bird nose
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:44 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: OH, USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Post by autumnhearth » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:27 pm

I don’t know anything for sure, but I Lauren might have two puppers (or none!2hich when your job is traveling makes sense). Frank isn’t anywhere on Sarah’s Instagram and she even has a special section of saved stories featuring animals, she is definitely a mother of cats. Frank is in one Instagram photo of Lauren’s and in her story today (I don’t see any saved stories and I stopped following everyone after the North American leg). But I guess he could belong to someone else in IRL. Someone get that puppet a paternity test! Wait no, that wouldn’t help. Also who would be the dachshund’s mention parents, who Lauren was also reunited with? Canine parents or owners? :shrug:

User avatar
ratlad
angel bean
Posts: 1014
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:45 am
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Post by ratlad » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:19 am

liola wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:55 pm
ratlad wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:11 pm
ooohh lauren is in london with her dog! you think dnp went on a walk with her, maybe around the time phil tweeted? i love frank :lilheart:
Isn't that Sarah's dog? I thought this was Laurens dog
i just checked and i don't think it's her dog bc it has an ig account and it states their owner in the description :-0
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl

User avatar
lefthandedism
inveterate introvert
inveterate introvert
Posts: 1108
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:16 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: California

Re: Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Post by lefthandedism » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:28 am

:candycorn: Moderator Note :candycorn:

:blowingleaves: Happy Autumn/Fall/Halloween Month/Spooky Week Anticipation/Pumpkin Spice Latte Season! :spoopy:

:leafpile: To celebrate the season, we've created some new emoji/emoticons/smilies. You'll find some on the posting page, and more when you click "View more smilies". While you're on the full smiley page, you may notice that we've done some tidying and improved the organization, so you can find the best emoji for all your emoticon needs. (And you can always request new ones here.) :blowingleaves:

Special shoutout to @rizzo for an awesome Pumpkin Spice Latte! :psl: :blowingleaves:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."

User avatar
ratlad
angel bean
Posts: 1014
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:45 am
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Post by ratlad » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:18 am

:candycorn: :candycorn: :candycorn: :candycorn:
YAY!!! candy corn is underrated :skeleton:
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl

User avatar
autumnhearth
bird nose
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:44 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: OH, USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Post by autumnhearth » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:44 am

ratlad wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:18 am
:candycorn: :candycorn: :candycorn: :candycorn:
YAY!!! candy corn is underrated :skeleton:
Is it though? :sideeye:

Hmm so Winnie the Weenie has humans, but Frank the Dog appears to be his own person who shows up to IRL meetings, he probably has a share in the company.

Thanks @rizzo now I really want to try that maple latte :psl:

Locked