Dan & Phil Part 78: have the courage to exist.

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
hello9217
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

I am so emotional rn. Like damn boys yes all we want is for you guys to be happy, much like you do for us. This was the most casual and open we have ever seen them and I just need to go cry in a corner for a second.
liola
rankussy

There are so many things I want to say about this video but I don't think I've fully processed. I feel like for the first time in so so long I saw them in a very open, honest vibe and it felt like they were really talking WITH us not to us. It was a very interesting dynamic and if they decided to stop pinof to do this series instead I would 100% be on board.

It was so soft, I loved Phil asking repeatedly if Dan was okay, I love the small touches (Dan's hand on Phil's thigh :garbage: ) But mostly I love how we learned even more just how together they are. I know I say it a lot but I honestly can't understand how people think they will separate when they build their own life to include the other in anything. I'm just so soft for them right now
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

that.... was just too much.... so many little things and cuteness and the way they just look at each other. i think it's my new favourite video,, the little touches and supportiveness they show to the other. they brought up stuff that we didn't really hear about, like boxing and more about their personal trainer. it was just such cute boyfriend banter.
although the quality was at 360 for me throughout the entire thing, i still loved it all. fuck, i'm so emotional. 2018 dnp is a blessing to all of us. they share so much together, we've known this for like, ever, but it's wonderful to hear it confirmed first hand from themselves. they love each other and they love us and we love them and we all love each other.
:happytears: :rainbow: :ribena:
i'm too emotional.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
Amiaw
interactive introvert

That was the best video they’ve ever made together and up there with the best content they’ve ever made period. I loved everything about it.

I feel like the video was lighthearted but also very deep in places.
Dan seems so much softer in this video and also younger for a lack of a better word. I can definitely see that he’s still growing and even acknowledging how he was at the beginning of the year and how he is now - it’s growth that we can see. That made me feel very soft and understanding towards Dan.
And Phil. He’s so much more than what he has always shown on AP and I love this almost real version of him that is funny and chatty and that admits that he’s changing as well. I love how he admits that he loves the audience and that because we are nice he feels better about himself and his choices. I always love Phil but I especially love this Phil. Can we keep him?

Now for Dan and Phil. I love them so much in this. The stories were fond, the grievances are fond “you are a bad influence” followed by a soft touch, and the very clear picture into how deeply intertwined their lives are.

If today’s me could go back to pre-tour me and tell her that 2018 and the tour was going to result in this then she would have never worried about dnp going their separate ways.
Andy
squish

This was so lovely and made me really content :happytears: tho it did get a little bit hysterical in the last 10 mins. Can't wait to see paragraphs and paragraphs of analysis after you've all gathered yourselves a bit :) god knows i don't have the brainpower for that
"eating ass" yeah i full on snorted at that
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

I’m struggling to form actual words as to how much I adored that video :happytears: this is my new favorite thing and I want 80 more of them. I’m honestly taken back by how funny and charming the real Phil is. I can’t even really articulate it, but he’s so amazing (lol)

Excuse me while I go immediately rewatch :happytears:
firsttimeposter
living flop

I cannot believe just how much this video affected me. My mood will not be back to normal for a week now, just like back when dan uploaded Daniel and depression. These kind of videos makes me rethink everything I thought about them, and I don’t rlly know why haha. But maaaaan. Amazing video. I would NOT mind ten hours of them diving in even deeper, or just talking about what they’re eating for dinner or whatever. And I hope this video was quite as easy to make as it looks, cause talking about these kind of topics can be very stressful, exactly because of how raw and personal it got. I hope they’re doing alright and are seeing all the positive comments about this video. I think most people will relate to some aspect of this video and those topics, for me personally it was about the “do I even have a personality”. Dan, a YouTube, saying this makes me feel a bit strange haha, cause I put myself out there to my friends and family and I Feel that I have no personality, but dan makes videos of His Personality and still feels he doesn’t have one.. God... such a great video with so much to think abou.

Anyways, do we think dan will make a livehsow tomorrow taking about this video or is that wishful thinking?
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

:happytears: :happytears: :happytears:

I feel like I'm in a daze. How do I process this video? Because that was the most beautiful, genuine, and heartfelt video they've ever uploaded. And my heart is just overflowing with love and pride and I'm just so happy for them and all that they've accomplished.

I love these two men way too much :love2:

I literally can't say anything else rn I'm too overwhelmed.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
glitterintheair
phillluminati

There are a lot of things I wanna say but I can't find the words at the moment. That was absolutely the best video they have ever made together. It was so soft, sweet, and most of all, GENUINE. I feel like this is the first time I can actually say that I know a bit more about the real Dan and Phil and it's a lot to process because we're not used to that. I don't know what else to say, I am just very grateful, that's what I've wanted for a long time and now I don't know how to handle it.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

i dont have time to read everyones thoughts or even process what i just watched but i loved it. i loved it a lot. and i will be rewatching asap
annabanana
sofa crease

I loved that more than I can say. They were being so sweet and caring towards each other while still being able to joke around and make innuendos. They touched on so many topics they (personality, purpose, mental health, domestic routines) and I would LOVE if they did this again but had an extended conversation on one or two of those at a time. More than ever I think I could actually envision a podcast from them being something like this and it would likely be my favorite content. I hope that they get nothing but good feedback on this video and consider doing it again because it really is exactly what I want to see from them.
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom

that video was incredible and id love to see more of that content. it was so chill and lovely. loved the relaxed atmosphere
:transheart:
alien
procrastinator

they just delight in each other so much and it's so heartwarming to witness. im kinda glad so many others are also at a loss for words because i'm just sat struggling to figure out why/how these two grown men can have such an emotional impact on me.
goodbants
drama llama
Pronouns: she/her/hers

I think this is the beginning of a new era. Something in me feels that this is a turning point in the phandom. They just came back from the tour, they've had the time of their lives for an entire year... just give them a few more weeks to resettle and amazing things will come I can just feel it :love2: :love2: :love2:

Guys...I think we're living in a post-mukbang universe.
:sparkle: this was the most fun i've ever had :sparkle:
greenergrass
stress mushroom

I'm so overwhelmed by that video. they were just so real. I know I've been saying this for the past year or so, and they really have been so themselves and free in videos lately, but this one was on an entirely different level of genuine and real. There were so many things I kept rewinding back and re-watching and I'm excited to see timestamps of this because I've somehow forgotten everything specific that I loved about the video. I'm just so in love with dan and phil and danandphil in this video.
sgt_meowenstein
phillion/danosaur <//3

asgdhsjk :dead: I CAN’T I AM DYING i am not even done with the video and i needed a moment to come have a fan girl-cry and process the majesty that is this fucking video. what did we do to deserve this honestly
phanspire
placenta
Pronouns: She/Her

Okay first post here so Hi!
I've been watching since before the tatinof us tour and man it has been crazy to see the changes, even the subtle ones in how they let us see their personalities and their interactions. This video was so good and I don't know if i was expecting to like it as much as I did? I wasn't expecting them to get as deep as they did but I could honestly watch this again and I really hope they do it again! :D I also hope that Phil continues to make videos like this on his channel, while I like his other videos, I just liked this one more and I'm curious to see if he continues to show more of who he is outside of the AmazingPhil persona. Also I'm really glad that Dan is taking more of a step back from giving himself a hard deadline, because then theres no expectations on him and we can just be happy whenever he makes something, and he can make something that he feels happy about with less stress. Im ready for this post-mukbang universe :D

(yay first post anxiety is gone :skeleton: )
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple
Pronouns: She/her

This video was so good that I immediately rewatched it to catch all the little things I missed the first time around.

They were so casual and relaxed and surprisingly candid about so many different things. I never thought I'd see the day that Phil talked about his anxiety and negative thought patterns so openly.

It was so much more than I thought it would be. <3
pilotlight
#relatable

That video was so good. :happytears: I wish I had time to watch it again right away because I know I missed stuff (Dan's mumbling and my esl-ness are not a great combo)

I just had to bask with other people who are as emotional about this as I am lol
greenergrass
stress mushroom

oh god phil telling dan the viewers just want him to be happy?! (and phil obviously also just wanting dan to be happy). oh man oh man, I need like another 5 hours to process this whole video. That was only one small thing that has me feeling so many feelings after the video
sgt_meowenstein
phillion/danosaur <//3

ok i’m about to go have a rewatch already... that video was a fucking gift. loved seeing them so open and honest about mental health and embracing their emotions, it was beautiful. obviously we know these are two grown evolved men but it’s nice to see that displayed on phil’s channel so nonchalantly. i hope they make more of these if it’s something they enjoyed. k i’m gonna go cry my way through a second viewing :happytears:
bestfriendsclub
dank meme

*after a lot of rocking back and forth making inhuman noises this is all I could muster in the form of words* I'm so happy I'm here for this. I stayed up all night to watch it and it was so worth it. I think I'm almost as delirious as they were at the end but I actually cried. I don't think I can properly articulate what made this video so amazing but, some random notes: I think I understand what Dan meant when he said he could live without possessions, and Phil said would you not miss being soft and warm on a sofa? Dan: a soft warm hole. (oh no) I could live in a cardboard box as long as I could watch Dan and Phil's videos. Dan is so lucky, Phil always knows how to make him smile. It looked like it hurt Phil to see Dan talking about using food as a coping mechanism, so he made a joke about tennis. Phil is a sunshine because he makes everyone happy. And I liked how Phil said Dan was a bear in a cave and he'll come out when he's ready, and Dan said he is in a cocoon right now. I feel like that sometimes. I wonder what kind of butterfly Dan wants to be. I should go to sleep now.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

itasca00 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:27 pm
I'm excited for this too! A few months ago, I started working on a project with the support of @alittledizzy to determine all of the simulation options and to figure out how often each option had been chosen during the Interactive Introverts tour. I actually believe that all outcomes have been revealed (though this is somewhat speculative), but certainly all possible pathways through the simulation have not been taken.
More specifically, in Phil's simulation, "hot chocolate" has never been chosen over the "frappe" in any show that I've reviewed, but I believe it will give the same options that the frappe does.

Similarly, in Dan's simulation, "asking for the door code to the men's restroom" has never been chosen over "entering the lady door," but I have come to believe that choosing either option will lead to the same ending (Dan's death).
i feel like the hot chocolate option was picked at one of the shows I went too and it gave a much quicker ending!
The video, wow. I watched it once and my brain is so overwhelmed all I can think is why did they pick so much beige food and where was the garlic dough balls 😂

Seriously though, I am going to need to rewatch it a couple of times to process what happened but I really really enjoyed it. It was so casual and them just chatting was perfect.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
autumnhearth
senpai

bestfriendsclub wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:35 pm And I liked how Phil said Dan was a bear in a cave and he'll come out when he's ready, and Dan said he is in a cocoon right now. I feel like that sometimes. I wonder what kind of butterfly Dan wants to be. I should go to sleep now.
What ever kind he ends up being, he’ll be beautiful.

I feel very floaty. Reading on here and on Tumblr everyone is so serene and pensive. It’s a very different kind of phandom mood after a very different kind of d&p video. I just want to give them both a big hug. And rewatch it, which I will after I put my kid to bed.

I kinda doubt we’ll get liveshows from them this week, it feels unnecessary after this and they might be visiting the Lester’s before Spooky Week. But I imagine we’ll be getting a Sims video this week.

My heart is very full. Thank you boys. :love2:
Elemancy
butt chair

This has easily become my favorite video of the year (possibly of all the ones they've ever filmed?) I have it replaying in the background as I type this because there was so much to absorb and appreciate that I don't think I could on the first go.

I honestly loved their candor, their humor, exposing Frank the dog and his ass eating flea friends, Dan going full incognito mode behind a photo booth despite whatever spiders might have been camping out there just to avoid the special kind of hell that comes with running into someone you recognize when you're not ready or willing to have the inevitable small talk interrogation about yourself (because whooo boy relateable™), their personal trainer experiences especially the reveal of pugilistic!Phil, then there was Dan addressing his mindset coming out of tour and how he's easing into a more balanced approach to his channel that gives preference to his wellbeing and peace of mind.
There's that concept about quality over quantity, but I think this is more about preserving or encouraging his quality of personal comfort which can only have a positive impact on helping to figure out his motivations and purpose going forward. As well as helping to establish the kind of sense of coherence he seems to be hinting at wanting to understand with that comment about wondering if he truly has a personality or what it really means when people want him to be happy when he's not sure he himself has the answers for what that means to him or how to relate to the daily grind of each passing hour when he's not 'on' in the same way he was with the tour where his motivations and purpose had clearly defined forms. I'm just here for Dan wanting to explore that chapter of self discovery and personal fulfillment as well as see how he'll apply it to his channel or in other projects he might consider tackling in the future.

Then of course there was the revealing discussion about Phil's journey from how his friends expected him to be the quiet librarian and how he's instead transformed into this dynamic, openly creative person despite small lingering anxieties about meeting Zac Efron's domino's delivery guy double at the door. Then there was the discussion about how he's aware of all the comments generalizing the audience into a typified caricature of something he knows we're not and how delighted and inspired he was to meet the true diversity of people who watch his videos and it's just...I love them both. so much. This day was a special kind of terrible but watching that video, hearing them talk about the tour, the tone of their voices as they laugh about a comment either of them has made, Dan's food rapture face, soda in wine glasses and the little moments of introspection in between- it really helped to give a sense of much needed comfort.
and I'm also just proud of them. I don't know what else to say, except yes please to more insightful mukbangs and yes please to more of whatever the rest of this year and the new one on the horizon will bring in terms of continued self discovery and inspiration.

:ghostclaps: <--- this was me after the video

oh! and also, that thing Dan did with peeling off the corners and top of the box to create a little personal plate for yourself- I do that too and the reaction of people around me is pretty similar to Phil's, but I just find it more convenient that way and all the crumbs are consolidated in a disposable container.

Or it's just a habit at this point I don't know.
:dildo: