Dan & Phil Part 78: have the courage to exist.

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
sonicgreen
woodland creature

They truly know each other’s best angles. v v pretty wow, and im assuming the “photo shoot” was 10 minutes of phil taking his photo until it was perfect enough to post
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

sonicgreen wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:29 pm They truly know each other’s best angles. v v pretty wow, and im assuming the “photo shoot” was 10 minutes of phil taking his photo until it was perfect enough to post
I think you're right. The real question is, why is he so dressed up? Is Monday night date night?
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
jesp
why bother

liola wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:55 pmEdit: omg who do I have to pay to keep "Lord doom" as my ranking forever?!?!?! :skeleton: :money: :money: :money: :money: :moneybath: :moneybath:
i'll do it for like a bar of chocolate but don't tell the other mods
starwatersong
phabergé
Pronouns: she/her

:skeleton: Looking good, spooky titles.

Also, looking very good, Dan! ;)
liola
rankussy

jesp wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:36 pm
liola wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:55 pmEdit: omg who do I have to pay to keep "Lord doom" as my ranking forever?!?!?! :skeleton: :money: :money: :money: :money: :moneybath: :moneybath:
Just to ensure this I'm gonna throw in my homemade lasagna, I think that's a pretty solid deal, main course and dessert uwu
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

So like, can we please get a Phil version of that pic now?
alien
procrastinator

Ablissa wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:01 pm Ummm EXCUSE ME wow he looks gorgeous
(what photo shoot???)

this needs to be on the new page. i love dan's wavy eyebrow so much.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

jesp wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:36 pm

gimme a piece o' dat
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

The question I have: is he wearing the whole suit?

:sherlock:
sparkle
blobfish

Noice @ Dan liking Gerard Ways new single announcement on Instagram.

I am Gerard Way trash first and foremost
#MCRmy
(#whatisyourprofession)
Edit: stress pumpkin is me today. Like I feel personally victimised by my rank
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
jesp
why bother

folks, since forums were invented in 1872 and still run on steam engines and good old fashioned hard work {and a lot of chimney sweeps - seriously, they cost like 90% of our budget} doing things like changing the header logo can be a little tricky. if the header seems scuffed at the moment i'm sorry, i'm still trying to get all the pneumatic tubes back in the right order behind the scenes.
scientia
phabergé

What could Dan / they be doing a photo shoot for? 🧐
goodbants
drama llama
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Sometimes when I see a really good pic of Dan, I like to imagine fetus Dan seeing it and quaking in his shoes. He's had such a glow up
:happytears:
:sparkle: this was the most fun i've ever had :sparkle:
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

sparkle wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:26 pm Noice @ Dan liking Gerard Ways new single announcement on Instagram.

I am Gerard Way trash first and foremost
#MCRmy
(#whatisyourprofession)
Edit: stress pumpkin is me today. Like I feel personally victimised by my rank
the ppl underneath the skeleton masks turn out to be the rest of the band

dan looks so handsome i could die
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

+1 on wanting a Phil photo. I'm quite simple, all I want is a suit and quiff combo pls. And the new header looks so excellently spooky!
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

scientia wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:43 pm What could Dan / they be doing a photo shoot for? 🧐
same 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔 i wonder what they could be doing

is there like an event or something????? or a date night????
"you are next to me in my life"
Ablissa
pastel persona

I love the new header!!! SPOOKYYYY :skeleton: :skeleton: :skeleton:

Also, I'm disappointed at no Phil pic. What could Dan possibly be doing that involves a photo shoot and does NOT involve Phil?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Ablissa wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:57 pm I love the new header!!! SPOOKYYYY :skeleton: :skeleton: :skeleton:

Also, I'm disappointed at no Phil pic. What could Dan possibly be doing that involves a photo shoot and does NOT involve Phil?
My theory is that it does involve Phil, he's just aware the power of himself in smart casual with that quiff can wield and decided that we just weren't prepared enough today.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i just assumed "photoshoot" meant phil taking pics of dan with a phone cause he got some nice new snazzy threads. imagine him wearing his grid pattern shorts with that blazer lol it'd match. now i want one of phil in this one: https://m.topman.com/en/tmuk/product/su ... et-7722961
or
https://m.topman.com/en/tmuk/product/su ... ng-7748230
or
https://m.topman.com/en/tmuk/product/su ... et-7680499
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
greenergrass
stress mushroom

nice new header mods! (I did get jump-scared for a second lol I looked down at my phone to respond to a text right after I went to the site on my computer, then looked up after I finished the text and had a split second where I thought I'd ended up on a horror website lmao. that's how much of a wimp I am with anything spooky).

Counting back from halloween, I'm guessing they'll start spooky week on Friday? Or maybe Thursday or Saturday, depending on if the extra video (not gaming vid) is included in the five day count, and if the actual halloween day is included in that count. And there's a gaming vid before that right? So probably tomorrow? In any case, should be a good week or so of video coming up! I'm excited
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm gonna throw my dart at the spinning wheel of ??? and sat that we'll get a video tomorrow, spooky week will start on Thursday and be a magical six days, and we will get the random not-a-baking-video on Halloween day.

I do hope that if the view counts are low on spooky week that people don't freak out. Historically games like FNAF did well on the gaming channel but there is a big chunk of people who just don't enjoy horror content, plus the general dip in views when you're posting daily content (unless they manage to jog the algorithm and daily posting turns into a plus?) means it's almost to be expected... and I honestly think it's just not top priority for them. Dan's attitude about not needing to be the top youtuber, compared with how they're even having fun with thumbnails they know won't do as well (Clickbait) leads me to think that they've both adopted a relaxed attitude towards making what they want to make and not chasing a higher count. And I love that tbh.
knq
lava lamp

The Halloween header is incredibly cool! This will be my first Spooky Week in the phandom and I'm looking forward to it. Dan and Phil seem to place a lot of importance on holidays and festivities. I don't but I'm feeling like it will be fun to enjoy some spooks vicariously through them.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

i can't see the header right now but like @jesp said, i'm sure i'm gonna see it soon and also i'm sure it's super spookyyy :skeleton:

i want today to be a good day so i hope we have a gaming vid tonight

i can't wait for spooky week too, i'm craving a mix of some funny games and some extra scary games
:gayaf:
kavat
pastel persona

Loving the spooks here on IDB! :bat: The ranks are amazing, I love @Ataraxia25's rank, an audible spon deal is the true horror we all fear (unless they do it Mamrie Hart style, no one does audible spons like her).

My bet is on a gaming vid today, spooky week on friday and a halloween video on the 31st. Apart from pumpkin carving I'd love to see them do a costume haul, costume DIY á la Jenna Marbles or the return of DanAndPhilCrafts, demon edition.
Ablissa
pastel persona

So youtube recommended a video to me that I decided to click...
Apparently, Marzia is quitting youtube. I sat through the entire video to see if there is anything about dnp in it. There were vloggy bits with other youtubers (even Catrific), a lot of PJ and Sophie, but definitely no Dan and Phil. I think they must have ended that friendship after all.
On a happier(?) note, I am furious that there is no photo of Phil in smart casuals yet. What is this? How much do I have to pay them?