Dan & Phil Part 78: have the courage to exist.

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

im sad i cant see the spooks either (tried refreshing, deleting my cookies, etc....still to no avail :( ) but im sure ill see it at some point
Ablissa wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:30 am On a happier(?) note, I am furious that there is no photo of Phil in smart casuals yet. What is this? How much do I have to pay them?
i have a theory where they know the power their #lookatmebeingasnacc photos so they try to take turns uploading (first was sweater weather phil, next was aesthetic suits dan) out of kindness cz they know that everyone would explode if they do upload - lets say - another power couple picture or a matching selfie.....

if dan and phil are reading this, i call bullshit. I DAR EYOU To kill us. kill us with your selfies, i have 9 lives its fine. we can handle dying so just pl s :pls:
"you are next to me in my life"
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

For anyone still having trouble seeing the header... Worth noting we only made a haunted header available on default layout this year. If you still see ye olde galaxy font, Windows/Linux users can reload the page by pressing "Ctrl + F5" or "Ctrl + Shift + R". Mac folks press "Command + Shift + R". If that doesn't work.... The header's ghosting you. (Heheheh. See what I did there? :ghostclaps: )

Much like the rest of you, I'm not letting Phil off the hook just yet. Ralph-Lauren-eque photo or bust.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

I'm expecting a video to be posted today and I just want to throw this out there in case the thumbnail isn't finalized yet: true clickbait would just be making the thumbnail Phil in smart casual attire.
liola
rankussy

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:28 pm I'm expecting a video to be posted today and I just want to throw this out there in case the thumbnail isn't finalized yet: true clickbait would just be making the thumbnail Phil in smart casual attire.
It's their most viewed video of all times, they get to 4M subscribers in a day, the algorithm puts them on trending for the rest of the year, Capita£ester gets millions by modelling brands asking to use his pic in an effort to sell clothes.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:28 pm I'm expecting a video to be posted today and I just want to throw this out there in case the thumbnail isn't finalized yet: true clickbait would just be making the thumbnail Phil in smart casual attire.
Yes, please! :stan: it would truly be giving the people what they want
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

liola wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:32 pm
It's their most viewed video of all times, they get to 4M subscribers in a day, the algorithm puts them on trending for the rest of the year, Capita£ester gets millions by modelling brands asking to use his pic in an effort to sell clothes.
We're giving them the key to everything, here. They just gotta take it.
autumnhearth
senpai

Well, you can’t say they aren’t creative with their spons

Also it feels like Dan is the guardian of all Phil facts, or the president of the AmazingPhil fanclub
(and a little shit of a partner).
Last edited by autumnhearth on Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ablissa
pastel persona

Anyone else died a little when Dan said "Oh Phil, I love you... (pause) says the mysterious person you're sexting while driving"? Just me? Okay. (lbr not just me. we all died a little)
(Loved this video, will definitely re-watch, it really made me laugh)
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That was so much fun, best gaming video in ages. Instructor Dan is creative and hella bossy, he was so funny. Poor Phil getting rolled around the apartment. Dan reassuring him he wasn’t expecting him to win, just survive, was sweet, good soft voice. He looked a bit Tom Sellecky in the moustache, it kinda suits him. That game’s graphics are incredible, very deep 3D-wise.
liola
rankussy

I've died I've reached nirvana. The gaming camera picking up the empty room and right after Phil falling off the chair ???honestly the funniest fucking thing I had to pause the video cause I choked on my dinner I was laughing so hard and I had to actually grab a tissue for my tears. Fucking best. can't even scream about the sexting bits i'm stll crying at the falling part and phil still looked so fucking happy about it dijfijdid love man
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i was laughing so hard can't remember the last time i laughed that hard during a gaming vid! that game looks fun, i grew up playing Gran Turismo, Need for speed, Sled Storm and other ps1-ps2 racing games like that.

spoilery video stuff:
they were so adorable in this as well, i was laughing most at the face cam and distraction bit, also dan pushing phil around in their mostly empty filming flat with many props. twas all cute.

not bothered by the spon, just bothered by the horrible front camera quality of the (probably) overpriced phone. they seemed to make it appealing though, go get that forever home y'all!!!
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Ablissa wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:36 pm Anyone else died a little when Dan said "Oh Phil, I love you... (pause) says the mysterious person you're sexting while driving"? Just me? Okay. (lbr not just me. we all died a little)
Same :garbage:

Wish there had been some go-pro action on top of the front cam during the office chair racing.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

omg that was so good! i feel like i say that everytime but it was so so funny and i loved how the whole video was separated in different bits: the theory, the hazard bit, the driving test, the front camera while phil was driving
it was hilarious
though....... i would love to have footage of phil falling on his knees hihi
and dan behind him the whole time was so cute
:gayaf:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

lmao

And in actual commentary on the video: Phil's mind going to "I killed a family" instead of just like, random other game player, checking himself on that, then a few minutes later screeching "Dustin and the kids!" when he hits another car. Oh, Phil. :love1: He's got such an anxious mind towards hurting other people, doesn't he? It makes me think of his dream where he killed all the people on the roller coaster, and whatever that dream that had to do with calling a car for his parents (? can't remember the details there).
sugar
eclipse shirt

such a good video. aside from the obvious 'i love you phil' and 'come on phil send me a sexy picture' they were just so happy and giggly and having fun and that's the best kind of gaming video. this has me very very excited for spooky week and the rest of the year. and the future in general, really.
huphilpuffs
crusty sponge

That video was so much I think I'm still overwhelmed by how busy and intense and adorable it was. They seemed so high-energy and like they were genuinely having a lot of fun and that makes it so enjoyable to watch. Everything was just ... kinda crazy in a great way, from the mustaches to the racing around the flat. A few stand out moments are definitely the whole "sexting" thing (a mysterious person ... sure, Dan), the head pat, for some reason the brief conversation about charging the phone made me smile because it was so domestic.

Also, was it just me, or did Phil spend a lot of time looking at Dan instead of the camera in this video, compared to most other dapg vids?

Anyway. Loved the new video a lot. Definitely a fun one that brightened my day :D
who met each other on the internet and created this entire world
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

This was such fun video! I love it when their #spons are actually entertaining,. Also, free video idea for ya Philly, I wouldn't mind a series of Phil retaking his drivers test. :D

Loved that ceiling edition of an apartment tour as well :thumb:
Ablissa wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:36 pm Anyone else died a little when Dan said "Oh Phil, I love you... (pause) says the mysterious person you're sexting while driving"? Just me? Okay. (lbr not just me. we all died a little)
Another mysterious person who is definitely not me might have rewatched that part a bunch of times just because. :garbage:

Perhaps the out of context thread needs to be revived :')
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

On twitter @idk brought up the evolution of their video titles lately:
And I had kind of subconsciously recognized that but I hadn't realized how blatant it is. I kind of love it? Like I replied to that tweet, I think it's definitely a sign that the thing about not trying to be the best youtuber with the most subs isn't just a Dan thing, it's a Dan and Phil thing. I think views still matter a bit but I think Dan and Phil have shifted away from caring if they're attracting new viewers and are actually just having a fucking blast catering to the fans they do have, making content that they enjoy making and they know we - the audience who is already familiar with their weirdness, their psychic connection, their dick-and-shirtless-guy jokes, their random dpdpdpdp mouth noises, all the little quirks that make it fun to be a regular viewer - enjoy watching.
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

That was a fun video! Although, I'm kinda really ready for Spooky Week to begin. Here are my highlights:
  • [1:43] Phil thinks a giant moustache would suit Dan, and I beg to differ.
  • [3:27] Dan puts his hand on Phil’s shoulder. Clearly, the mukbang has had a lasting impact on Dan.
  • [5:54] Dan wheels Phil into the center of the screen. For some reason, this stands out as a cute moment to me. :shrug:
  • [6:22] I find Phil's idea of who was in the crashed car interesting:
    P: I’ve already caused a crash! I’m sorry!
    D: No, as long as you survive, it’s fine.
    P: Justin and the kids!
  • [6:55] Dan tickles Phil’s face with the fake cactus from TATINOF. Phil complains that it went right into his “ear hole.”
  • [7:35] First, there was the "private_sexy_photo.jpg" in the highly realistic simulation in Introactive Introverts. Now, there's this. I think they might be trying to tell us something... 😏
    D: “Oh, Phil, I love you,” says the mysterious person you’re sexting while driving.
    P: No.
    D: “Come on, Phil.”
    P: I killed someone. I killed someone.
    D: “Send me a sexy picture.”
    P: No, I’m not sending anyone a sexy picture.
  • [7:55] Dan recreates some texts he might send Phil:
    D: “And come on, Phil. It’s time to go home.”
    P: No, it’s not. It’s not.
    D: “Why? Aren’t you looking forward to having some pizza?”
    P: No. No.
    D: “Delicious pizza.”
    P: I don’t want any pizza.
    D: “What kind of pizza shall we eat?”
    P: Dan, this is too hard.
    D: “I don’t know.”
  • [8:54] There's a weird close-up on Dan’s mouth as he says the word “now,” and I don’t understand.
  • [9:17] I have to agree with Dan, but thanks for sharing, Phil!
    P: I’m glad I blew my nose before this because otherwise you might see some things.
    D: That is incredibly TMI.
  • [10:19] Wouldn't it have been nice if Phil's suggestion had actually happened?
    P: What are you doing behind me?
    D: Nothing! I’m just--I’m just gonna--
    P: Am I gonna get a nice massage?
    D: N--No, that’s not it.
  • [10:24] Dan starts pushing Phil around their apartment in his chair. It’s all fun and games until someone gets hurt, which Phil does when he falls out of the chair at [11:06].
  • [11:33] Nice choice of words by Phil:
    D: What did you just do to that family?
    P: They rear-ended me.
    D: What did you just do to that innocent family?
    P: They were--They were right in my ass.
  • [12:32] 10/10 promo for the phone. I know this description makes me more likely to buy it!
    D: The thick bih. Okay.
    P: It’s one thick bih.
    D: It’s got eight gigabytes of RAM.
    P: Eight gig.
    D: Ain’t no lag here.
    P: No lagussy.
    D: Switches between those apps--you ruined it. You ruined it.
    P: I didn’t ruin it.
    D: I was just trying to--Okay.
  • [12:42] Dan shouldn't be allowed to say things like this. It could kill me.
    D: So, obviously, Phil wins nothing for that.
    P: Hey!
    D: Other than maybe a participation trophy.
    P: I think I could get some kind of award.
    D: Maybe a little sticker for your boo boo.
    P: Yeah.
    D: That’s the worst thing I’ve ever said.
  • [13:17] Phil invites Dan to tap the phone screen with him, and he does. :D
  • [14:00] Yes, nice rhymes. There's nothing more to see here.
    P: So, the game and all of the info is at the link in the description.
    D: Hope that tickles your pickle.
    P: Yeah, or taps your...app?
    D: Your bap?
    P: Bap?
    D: Let’s not rhyme that.
    P: Don’t tap my bap.
  • Throughout the whole video, Dan kept pressing his moustache back onto his face, and I found it adorable.
  • Fuck yes! Dan’s merch link is shop.danielhowell.com, and Phil’s is amazingphilshop.com. Please let this be a permanent change!
Edit: Every time I post, my rank makes me giggle.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

That video was so funny! Definitely added some needed laughter to my day. Good eye on the video titles too! I agree now more than ever it's so clear that they're just having fun, and that just makes me happy.

More specifically about the video: They really know how to do engaging spons, it's great. And ngl I did spend some time looking at Dan's bow (rip). Also I'm sure this is beating the dead horse, but Phil really does look great with a bit of his roots showing. But aside from the superficial, I took some notes under the cut
-Of course we start with a dead vine. wlw mlm solidarity tho
-I like how we all know Phil's not a great driver but Dan's just whipping out the facts. I love being reminded that he is indeed Phil's #1 fan
-nice spongebob interlude
(1:50) - Dan's "where did you go" to Phil is awfully endearing
(2:07) - D: "They're all covered in lint from the bottom of our chest" I love the use of our for "Phil's" prop chest ahh
-can't say the mustache is a look
-Phil just wants a pat on the head aw
(5:51) - P: "Just don't tickle me or put any animals on me" ...right
-I love that Dan's sexting talk is "I love you". And I definitely did not play that over several times before continuing. No, I would never
(9:06) - Phil's soft "what does that mean" is just really nice
-lol a little domestic about charging things
-I like how Phil hopes for a nice massage
-Nice ceiling tour. I would love to see Dan spinning Phil around the filming flat
-lmao they're never going to drop "bih" or "ussy" are they?
-"Maybe a little sticker for your boo boo" oh Dan that's far too cute
-"tickle your pickle" and "taps your bap" I expected nothing less from them tbh
edit: oh Dan....sneak attacked by hot video game spidey. I love that it's past midnight and so fucking blatantly queer, from the caption to the fact that Dan's just out here admitting to playing with the underwear skin. I'm so here for it. I'm just very, very fond of 2018 and their growth and everything we're getting from them in it.
Last edited by obsessivelymoody on Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sugar
eclipse shirt

arousal at critical level???? i know dan’s no stranger to casual male attraction mentions but has he ever been so blatantly horny for men on main?
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

just finished watching the video and oh my goodness...my heart is so fond :happytears: :happytears: :happytears:
i just love the overall vibe they had; they were so hyped up and energetic. i have so much thoughts right now but the thing that stood out to me the most was phils breathy "its all fine" (11:48ish) cz it just sounded so Fond™. like they are just there living their moment and being just.......so.....dang............happy??????? dan actually said "phil i love you" without backtracking???????? phil making dan wear mustaches and saying "our chest" instead of "my chest" like wow???????????
man, this video just added 100 years into my life span then instantly killed me right after. my inner demon is dead. and i swear, by the end of this year, i soon will join the demon phannies obituaries......guess ill see yall there :dead:
"you are next to me in my life"
goodbants
drama llama
Pronouns: she/her/hers

This might sound kinda silly and dumb but I feel a connection to Phil knowing he has trouble driving. I've had driving anxiety my whole life, I didn't get my license until I was 19 (I live in the US and everyone here gets it when they're 16). I also failed the test like four times and I've had mental breakdowns over driving. It's the only way for me to get around here and it's caused so much stress. Knowing he can't drive either makes me feel like I'm not the only one and it's such a little thing but I'm so glad he shared that with us cause it makes a big difference to me.
:sparkle: this was the most fun i've ever had :sparkle:
det395
tol bean
Pronouns: she/her/hers

I haven't had time to watch through the whole video but I'm a bit shook they have another oneplus ad, I'm gonna go ahead and bet it's a 7 figure brand deal (and despite my jealousy and bitterness, the prospect that they're saving up for a boujie home in London is fun)
knq
lava lamp

They both seemed so cheerful in this gaming video. Dan seems less depressed. Or maybe it's the mustache. I felt that really added something to the video. They were both very tolerant of each other's antics and senses of humor. I've never seen anyone look happier while falling on the floor.

The editing felt very Phil. Possibly whenever I see quirky editing I just attribute it to Phil. But I mean... bats edited onto faces, random zooming in on Dan's lips (+mustache) and this text accompanying Dan's word flub:

Phil's just there biting his lip because he isn't going to interrupt #spon but he is going to tease Dan in editing. :prideheart: