Dan & Phil Part 78: have the courage to exist.

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

does anyone have the timestamp for dan's mention of his therapist?
:gayaf:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose
Pronouns: she/her

Ataraxia25 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:13 pm does anyone have the timestamp for dan's mention of his therapist?
It's here: (14:58) - D: "I actively avoid the conflict and my therapist says that's something I need to work on"
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

@obsessivelymoody oh i didn't see your post! thank you very much!
:gayaf:
thespacecat
tol bean
Pronouns: he/him

25 minutes :D I loved this one! The atmosphere was incredibly creepy... though the screamer at the end was predictable; they always get me lol.

Also I loved their bants, I was interested in when Dan said something about Phil being more truthful with the audience as an adult if he thought ghosts were real or not. I wonder if he was trying to make a distinction between phil from the amazingphil persona by that because phil's automatic answer was to be "yes" if I remember correctly, then changed to "unsure" afterwards. Maybe I'm looking too into it, and it was just the power of suggestion. I'd actually be very interested in Phil telling about those weird ghost experiences sometime. :)
liola
rankussy

I mean, I'm glad people got the really scary video they wanted but that was genuinely distressing and triggered me into a panic attack so I'm hoping for some lighter videos later on. Phil saying fuck was the only highlight of it and they both looked really cute but yeah. I kinda hate that such an interesting video was done in a creepy way cause I couldn't pass the chance of getting an insight of Phil's mind but that really wasn't worth it
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

This video had a lot more going for it that yesterday's one. Almost half an hour of bants and some nice factoids thrown our way. Apart from the predictable but still annoyingly effective jumpscares i liked the mood they were trying to set. Some tension and a vague sense of creepiness juxtaposed with their comforting voices and banter.
I'm not sure what was going on there when Dan pressed Phil to admit he didn't believe in ghosts. It looked as if they had some conversation about it and Dan believes Phil doesn't believe in ghosts at all and is just holding taking that position for youtube. But then it also seems like Phil's mom holds some superstitious beliefs, so maybe believing they were visited by a ghost is just a Lester family tradition (he did tell that ghost story before...).

The liveshow was more casual than I expected. No real announcements, just them waving us politely goodbye as Phil is going up North and Dan is moving to ye old Wild West.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

liola wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:27 pm I mean, I'm glad people got the really scary video they wanted but that was genuinely distressing and triggered me into a panic attack so I'm hoping for some lighter videos later on. Phil saying fuck was the only highlight of it and they both looked really cute but yeah. I kinda hate that such an interesting video was done in a creepy way cause I couldn't pass the chance of getting an insight of Phil's mind but that really wasn't worth it
That sounds like no fun at all. Maybe cat vids and asmr can come to the rescue?
One thing I do if I don't want to be spooked is just turn on some lights to create a comfy mood and watch the video not in full screen but theater mode. Makes it a bit less intense.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
loveparanoia
tol bean

can someone give me the tinestamp for phil saying fuck? thank you :prideheart:
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

loveparanoia wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:35 pm can someone give me the tinestamp for phil saying fuck? thank you :prideheart:
It’s after the second jumpscare, at 22:27
Sathu
smol bean
Pronouns: He/him

Damn, I missed the liveshow. Is there anyway to watch it now?
huphilpuffs
crusty sponge

I genuinely really loved that video a lot. like it had so many little moments that made me smile. I'm too lazy for timestamps (and moody probably already included them all in hers) but here's just a quick list of a few that stood out (these are probably not in order either forgive my lack of organization):

both of them look really good. love Dan in glasses tbh and Phil's jumper looks so cozy.

the whole snake exchange. Phil's regular voice saying they shouldn't mention it. tossing the snake. both of them pointing out the innuendo. (writing this also made me think of how different it is from just a little while ago when every innuendo was met with an oH My gOD phIL and like ... good progress. love that that's not a thing anymore).

Dan's little snail anecdote was cute. so was Phil's "aw snail saviour."

the entirety of the "you're trying to make me jump" exchange. Dan just seemed so fond at the idea of Phil trying to give him a jumpscare, pointing out Phil's tone of voice. "shut up, you idiot," probably shouldn't sound as fond as it did and yet here we are.

Dan telling us that Phil's greatest fear is home invasion and asking if Phil wants to go check if the door is unlocked was. a good moment. I feel like we know a lot about what spooks Dan but it was interesting to hear that, unlike Dan, Phil's fears seem to be more real, likely things.

Dan's super quiet "are you okay?" made me ... feel things that I can't really put into words rn.

Dan calling himself cute. loved that.

Dan jumpscaring Phil at the end. idk why I find them scaring each other so fun and cute, but I do.
also big hugs (to those that are comfy with them) to anyone who felt the game was too much for them. I know my commentary comes from the perspective of someone who enjoyed the game because I'm lucky enough that my mind drifts too much for immersion, but I hope you guys know it's not trying to invalidate anyone else's feelings. I hope all of you guys take care of yourselves :love1:
who met each other on the internet and created this entire world
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

Sathu wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:48 pm Damn, I missed the liveshow. Is there anyway to watch it now?
Should be able to watch on Dan’s tumblr

http://danielhowell.tumblr.com/post/179 ... 4772424660
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Sathu wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:48 pm Damn, I missed the liveshow. Is there anyway to watch it now?
It's here on Dan's Tumblr. Haven't spotted any YouTube uploads yet.

edit: lol LadyLackless was first
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I’ll agree with dan that it was creepy but not scary - but god that was an insanely satisfying viewing experience as a fan of Phil’s brain. I’m actually on my way to a haunted house right now so I only got to watch to once but I’m pretty sure I’m gonna have a lot of thoughts to share when I get to watch it again later.
Sathu
smol bean
Pronouns: He/him

Thanks @Catallena and @LadyLackless!
knq
lava lamp

I walk away from all their spooky videos like: ohmygod that was so cute :happytears: <3 :hearteyes:

I feel like I'm not having the intended experience. Unless the intended experience is pure joy. Then we're good.

0:40 -- Dan: It's like definitely ugly but in a really cool way. I love it.
Is he talking about Phil or Phil's jumper? Scientists can't tell.
(But really, I'm not the only one who can imagine Dan saying that about Phil, am I? It's so very Dan to wrap up earnest adoration in a couple lame insults and pretend like he's protected himself.)

Yeah, I can only manage that one (1) timestamp. That is just how much cute is compressed into this one video. I need a full post just to process one timestamp. :shrug:
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

That liveshow was great! I don’t know if it was actually the candy’s fault like Dan and Phil said, but they did seem extra zazzed to me, and I loved it. Here are my highlights:
  • [0:13] Dan pulls a fun face. My other favorite Dan faces happen at [2:47], [20:28] (plus a bonus snort at [20:32]), [24:11], and [26:31]. My favorite Phil faces happen at [20:28], [23:09], and [26:31].
  • [1:09] Dan points out that he is wearing an edible necklace, and he starts to eat it. He continues to (loudly) eat it throughout the liveshow. Specifically, eating of the necklace happens at [2:16], [7:33], [8:12], [15:42], [15:56], and [17:09] (and, who knows, there may be more). After Dan is finished eating the necklace, he’s not done. He continues to play with the empty elastic string, which can be seen at [25:28] and [26:55]. A bonus food/drink prop comes into play when he takes a sip of water at [19:32].
  • [1:41] Dan points out that he’s wearing a see through sweater, and he goes through great lengths to expose his nipple to all of us ([1:58]). This happens again at [5:31]. 👀
  • [2:47] We get some hints about the video that’s replacing Halloween baking this year. It will involve a skull and a lot of candy and danger. At [4:56], it is revealed that the video will be on AmazingPhil.
  • [6:37] I first took note of this moment because I thought it implied that Dan is 100% a furry. Upon rewatching, I thought it implied that Dan is 100% not a furry. I now realize that it says nothing about whether or not Dan is a furry. :shrug:
    P: Everyone’s blocked you, though, now.
    D: Yeah.
    P: You’re just on your own.
    D: Um, that’s fair enough.
    P: You’re just speaking into a vacuum.
    D: That’s fair enough. It’s like a filter.
    P: A Phil-ter.
    D: Um, it’s me and the one percent of my followers that are actual furries.
  • [7:09] There’s apparently going to be a story in the directors’ commentary of Interactive Introverts of a guy who threw himself on the floor? (the audio cut out here) during Interactive Introverts when he felt like Dan and Phil were publicly shaming him for being a furry. That sounds interesting.
  • [8:33] Phil screams adorably because Dan acts like he’s going to fling candy off of his necklace at him. Dan then flings candy at the camera instead.
  • [10:28] Phil talks about a time when Dan was trying to tether using his phone while holding it in his mouth. After some confusion, Dan denies that this ever happened, and Phil quickly drops it. Something seems fishy to me.
  • [11:24] A perfectly reasonable statement from Phil:
    P: We wanted to dip our toes into Granny.
  • [13:05] Dan says “uwu” and “owo” as words like Phil’s been doing in the past few liveshows. :tu:
  • [13:50] Dan impersonates Phil:
    D: Phil’s like, “Ow, my hand hurts!” He spends all day biting his hangnails.
    D: And then you’re going to rip it off and then you’re going to be like, “Ow, my huuuuuur!”
  • [14:04] Dan thinks fursuits are too chunky and should be slimmer. He wishes fursuits fit like Spider-Man’s suit but with fluff. If he were an entrepreneur in the furry community, he would develop skin-tight, latex-based fursuits. Phil is startled (as am I...kinda) by how much detailed thought Dan has given this matter.
  • [15:07] Dan gives some hints about the kinds of games we can expect from the rest of Spooky Week. Dan and Phil think this might be their favorite selection of games for Spooky Week ever.
  • [16:03] Phil would never do a video with a Ouija board, in part, because his mother is very superstitious and, in part, because he’s afraid of what supernatural phenomena might actually happen. I really hope he sees this timely Tumblr post from earlier today:
  • [18:15] Phil’s going to visit his family up North in “the next few days.”
  • [18:47] This gave me a funny mental image of Dan having the time of his life dressed up as a cowboy riding a toy stick horse around their apartment while Phil is away.
    P: Well, that is a, uh--That’s an exciting thing. Not unionzization. U--Unionization. But riding around on your horse.
    D: *laughs*
  • [20:04] Dan and Phil get into a dispute over math. This was cute, but a lot of it is cut off in the recording. :(
  • [21:10] Dan and Phil react to Harry Styles’s Elton John costume.
    Harry Styles (2018):

Elton John (1975):
  • [24:39] Like Phil, Dan recently went to the dentist, and he went to the same one as Phil. Did they have back-to-back appointments? The world may never know.
  • [25:00] Phil has to get his wisdom tooth removed. I feel bad for him, but I’m definitely also looking forward to some pictures of a chipmunk-faced Phil. 😏
  • [26:38] All this time, I thought TBC stood for “to be continued” because that was the first thing that popped up when I first Googled it. Now, I find out (because Dan started to say it) that TBC is actually a somewhat common British initialism for "to be confirmed." This makes so much more sense! Phil also says that things are looking more “C” right now.
  • [27:30] Phil says, “Don’t sext and drive,” and he tells Dan that that was what Dan had said in the gaming video earlier this week. Dan looks like he doesn’t believe Phil. At all. But then it all comes rushing back. :lol:
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
greenergrass
stress mushroom

sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I'm just catching up on everything from today and I'm watching the liveshow first, and at 21 minutes they are looking up Harry's halloween costume (which I loved btw when I saw on tumblr this morning - but then again it wasn't anything flashier than a lot of his concert outfits, so pretty standard for him).

And anyways, Dan tells Phil to click the Teen Vogue link, and then makes a noise and says "not that one" and Phil says he didn't mean to go to 'that one' and goes to the teen vogue link like Dan said to. And Dan's like "you need to choose who you give your clicks to." (which yes, totally agree, yes dan)

And now I am SO curious which publication they were referring to. There's obviously a ton of shitty UK tabloids that come to mind (The Sun, Daily Mail, to name a couple) but neither of those come up when I searched "harry styles costume" to try to figure out which website Dan might have been referring to. The top 3 searches that come up on my google search are Billboard, Teen Vogue, and Entertainment Tonight. Could it have been Billboard or ET that caused that sort of reaction? Does anyone else get a different search result when googling this? I really want to satisfy my curiosity about which website Dan was adamant they didn't give their clicks to.
JLynne
drama llama

I had to go back and rewatch that moment at 17:06 when Dan says, in the softest of voices, if Phil was ok. No laughing or teasing Phil for being jumpy, just momentary concern. Makes me wonder if they have an agreement to take a break and step away for a few minutes if things get too unsettling during these kinds of games. Interesting.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

JLynne wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:15 am I had to go back and rewatch that moment at 17:06 when Dan says, in the softest of voices, if Phil was ok. No laughing or teasing Phil for being jumpy, just momentary concern. Makes me wonder if they have an agreement to take a break and step away for a few minutes if things get too unsettling during these kinds of games. Interesting.
when that happened i literally wanted to put my entire fist in my mouth and bite down as hard as i could.
and THAT'S A THING THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS! DAN SAID ONCE WHEN PHIL GETS TOO ANGRY PLAYING VIDEO GAMES, DAN ASKS IF HE WANTS A BREAK. THEY HAVE A CODE OF PHIL MAKING NOISES (i think the code word was "yee") TO MEASURE IF HES OKAY OR NOT WHEN PLAYING FORTNITE. i forget where this was confirmed, i think in a phil liveshow? and then it was mentioned another time by dan?? maybe? but that's totally a thing that happens and it make me do this: :happytears:
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
greenergrass
stress mushroom

thank god for jumpscare warnings in the description/comments because it sounds like those were truly terrifying jumpscares. I actually really liked that video! Not many jumpscares so it was easy to watch most of it without having to worry about looking out for the scary parts, and it was a really entertaining video overall.

(the scariest part was when I started the video and about 10 seconds in, my laptop made a weird buzzing noise and then some sort of message popped up on the screen. And before I could read this message, my laptop made another noise and shut off. Nothing like this has ever happened in the 3 years I've owned this laptop, so yeah that was a great experience to endure right when I was about to watch a spooky week video. Great timing there laptop, cheers)
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Yay, Spooky Week Day 2! I have a feeling that the videos this week are just going to keep getting better and better. Here are my highlights:
  • [0:48] This is so silly, and Phil’s so giggly already. I didn’t think it was that funny, but his laugh is super contagious! :lol:
    P: I think it’s funny if we just don’t mention the snake I was just stroking at all.
    D: And that sounds wrong. Doesn’t it?
    P: It could be like-- *laughs*
    D: Okay.
    P: Are you gonna leave that in? Oh, no. What’s down here?
  • [1:54] Again, I didn't think what Phil said was that funny, but it's worth highlighting because of their reaction.
    P: It’s like The Ring but The Square. *laughs*
    D: I was gonna s-- *laughs*
    P: The sequel nobody wanted.
    D: You thought The Ring was scary? Welcome to The Square.
  • [2:17] What's the problem, Dan? I see no issue. 😏
    P: I think we need to toss a coin or something. We’ll toss a snake. Let’s toss the snake. That sounded wrong. You know what I mean? Right. I’ll be the top of the snake.
    D: The real horror--Oh, no.
    P: And you be the bottom of the snake. Here we go. Woo!
    D: No, no, no, no, no. He did it. It landed top side up. You’re doing the test.
  • [3:51] I think it's so sweet how protective Dan is of Phil. 🤗
    D: Now, Phil, it’s just a quiz, but you are very fragile and sensitive.
  • [5:25] I agree with Dan. This comes up way more often than I think it should.
    Prompt: It's raining outside and you're walking in bare feet. You take one step forward and crush a snail between your toes. You feel:
    D: I’d feel jealous.
    P: Jealous that the snail wasn’t me.
    D: “I wish I could crush myself!” Um.
    P: Some people are sexually attracted to giant people, though, so you’d be like, “Crush me, Daddy.”
    D: Literally way too many macrophilia references on this channel.
  • [5:40] Dan is too precious for this world! :love1:
    D: You know sometimes there’s loads of snails on a path--
    P: Yeah.
    D: --because of, like, rain or something? Well, once I went outside, and there were like thirty snails. And it stressed me out so much at how they were gonna get squished that I spent about an hour picking up every snail and putting it in a bush.
    P: Awww! Snail savior!
    D: And then inevitably they just crawled into the road again.
  • [7:17] Phil is jumpscared by the static in the game. It's only a small one. For now.
  • [8:00] Dan and Phil have an extended conversation about whether Phil actually believes in ghosts. Dan gives an amazing eye roll at [8:05], and the conversation concludes at [8:25] with this:
    D: I’d say no. *snorts*
    P: Alright.
    D: Okay. Right, go on.
    P: Hope you get haunted tonight.
    D: I do...by my own past.
  • [8:55] Dan and Phil talk about their apartment several times in this video. Here, Dan says that their apartment building was built recently. At [11:47], Phil says that there are lots of noises in the apartment all the time. Dan says there are noises because there are lots of people living in the building, and he says he likes having these noises around. At [14:05], Dan and Phil say they don’t know the neighbors on the other side of a wall that is shared with the DanAndPhilGAMES room, and there’s apparently a hole in the ceiling going straight to their neighbors' apartment. (Maybe they should talk to their landlord?)
  • [9:05] Dan and Phil toured an apartment where three people had been murdered in a bedroom. Apparently, it’s a long story that has to wait for another time. Someone should make a note to bring this up in a liveshow sometime.
  • [9:57] Dan has a strong opinion on which answer Phil should choose for the question, “I often think about where my hands are and what they’re touching.” I found it amusing how much Dan seemed to struggle not to tell Phil what to do.
  • [10:51] Phil is jumpscared when he notices a face on the screen. The jumpscares are getting bigger! :)
  • [11:27] Phil says (metaphorically, not in the video), "Don't choke me, Daddy!"
    P: I mean, if you start strangling me, I’m not going to be like, Oh, this is fun.
    D: Yeah, yeah.
    P: I would be like, Time to die.
    D: I mean, weird statement. Sure.
  • [13:13] Phil’s greatest fear is home invasion. Honestly, same.
  • [14:58] Interesting insight into the personalities of Dan and Phil:
    Prompt: When faced with conflict, your preferred method of resolution is…
    D: I actively avoid the conflict, and my therapist says that’s something I need to work on.
    P: I like to just be very out of the conflict.
    D: I negotiate other people’s conflicts very well--
    P: But not mine. No.
    D: --but my own conflicts: I run away with them and then wonder why I’m stuck.
  • [17:04] Phil is jumpscared by a sudden noise emitted by the game, and he almost swears. :D
  • [17:30] Dan reminds Phil that Phil has done some muay thai, and Dan says that he has done some taekwondo. I guess this must have been before they went on tour? I'd like to hear more!
  • [19:02] Dan really is so cute.
    D: I’m acute, and I’m having a stress reaction all the time.
  • [19:11] I guess gaming videos are supposed to be high energy, but this statement still struck me as unhealthy.
    D: I don’t think I’ve ever been calm filming a gaming video.
  • [19:24] Phil tries to jumpscare Dan while they’re doing a breathing exercise to calm down, but Dan doesn’t flinch. :(
  • [22:07] Dan and Phil are both jumpscared. Finally, Dan lets loose a good scream, and Phil smacks Dan on the arm. :rofl:
  • [22:25] Dan and Phil are jumpscared again, but Dan’s reaction is strangely delayed.
  • [23:48] Dan jumpscares Phil while they’re listening to a noise outside of the apartment. Phil punches Dan in the shoulder.
  • [24:47] Interesting thing for Dan to say:
    D: But for a thing that costs £3 made by a dude? Yeah, pretty fun.
    P: Good game.
    D: Would buy a new underwear on Amazon.
  • [25:09] Even though Phil sees it coming a mile away, Dan jumpscares him one last time.
  • Unfortunately, Dan and Phil’s merch links are still danandphilshop.com for this video. :roll:
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
Winston
flower crown

I loved the video. It was creepy and a kind of slow burn for me. At some point in the middle it just became funny to me, but still in a creepy way (I know that makes no sense, but that is how it was for me). I loved the whole Colin the dog horror shirt convo, and how happy and giggly they were at the beginning.

The whole thing was just cute af to me. Not the game, the game was creepy. But the way they worked together was cute. Phil moving as CLOSE as possible without climbing into Dan's lap was so :happytears:. There is no reason beyond feeling safer or comforted that he had to move as close as he did. I liked how Dan was almost directing Phil's answers for a bit. It seemed like he was trying to get Phil to actually think about his answer and not just AmazingPhil it. He also seemed to try and keep the tone a little lighter, not just for the audience but for Phil as well. It all just seemed so supportive and sweet. There were so many funny moments in it as well.

I do feel for Phil in the whole house invasion thing. I saw a movie about them when I was younger, and that fear has stuck with me since then. It doesn't help that there was one not too far from here just recently, so yeah, home invasions are scary af.

I have been on edge for almost the entire month. It started with me going to an aquarium. (I am terrified by fish, don't ask TLDR; lost in an aquarium at 2 years old, really f's you up appaz.:ribena:) And since then I have also been watching scary movies, youtube vids, and reading scary books. So now that Spooky week is here I AM EXTRA SPOOKED over stuff that wouldn't normally freak me out.

In order to calm myself down, I have been coping via very calm deppy vids (the lady Layton one is one of my faves. It's just a calm lovely vid of theirs. I also have been watching sorted food, sims remodel vids, and just general videos that are funny or can distract my brain from being scared or panicky)

My husband wanted to watch a scary movie tonight and I was already keyed up but I have been wanting to see it. He hates that I look at my phone or do something while I watch, but that is one thing that helps me not panic. It takes me out of it but still allows me to pay attention, it helps the building fear calm down a little. (he CAN NOT multitask so the idea of doing something while watching something else makes no sense to him. LOL, he thinks I won't enjoy the movie, when sometimes it's the only way I actually can). It's like "hiding in the comments" but instead I go to Instagram, photos on my phone, or a fic I was reading. If the movie is still too much, the wiki of the movie is a lifesaver I quickly read the plot and It helps me a lot. Gimme dem spoilerinos tyvm! Then watching something directly after calms me down helps too. I try and prepare myself, like have a video lined up and ready to go afterward. Something I have seen before that I know is relaxing or funny.

Hopefully, all those of you who also have issues with scary vids or jumpscares can find ways to participate in spooky week and also take care of yourselves too. <3 I have a feeling they may do at least one actually really scary vid, if not increase the scary factor exponentially every day. I want at least one to rival PT (still my fave) or outlast. But I also do hope they have one more nonjumpscary-kind-of-creepy (but not too much) so those of us susceptible to the spooks can watch without too much worry.
actions speak louder than words
bestfriendsclub
dank meme

I'm not good with scary stuff and I hate jumpscares too, but I found a crafty way to watch the video without getting scared by them! I get a piece of paper, draw spooky things on it, and cut a rectangle out of the corner the same size as the little box Dan and Phil go to in the corner of the video, so it can cover the game and not them, and when the jumpscares happen it doesn't scare me because I can't see it. Then if I want to see the game, I watch with the paper over the screen for about 20 seconds so I know nothing scary happened in the last 20 seconds and then I can skip back and watch. Just don't put the paper away until the end of the video because I thought it was over and the second jumpscare got me. I hope that helps anyone who wants to watch the videos but doesn't want to be jumpscared for the rest of spooky week!
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

great video! a bit surprised that some people here found it genuinely spooky. i guess it just depends on how receptive you are (it helped that it's in the middle of the day here and my room is very bright). i didn't find it scary or creepy at all, but i did feel a bit like i was waiting for the actual game to start. nice slow burn and jumpscare at the end though. but it's not like i really watch dapg for the games anyway. i'm just here for the bants and chemistry! i know it's a classic thing for them but i loved the bit where phil tried to scare dan and sounded so put out when dan didn't react. and the bit where the windows update popped up! it made me laugh and totally killed the tension. also if i were phil i would have found it SO hard to stay immersed with dan sitting next to me commenting on everything. if i were playing it alone in the dark it might have got me.

i also liked the colin conversation they had at the start. made me wonder if dan's mum got him that shirt because she knows he loves colin and that dogs can help with depression. his mention of his therapist was interesting too. and them talking about their neighbours (whom they don't know). i love the little casual convos they have.

i hope the ppl scared are feeling okay and not too creeped out. i'm still mad curious about what the halloween video will be. i'm holding out for some of the suggestions that were posted here earlier this week. there were some great ones!