Dan & Phil Part 78: have the courage to exist.

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
citizen_erased
truth bomb

Hasn't Dan been complaining about Phil being a messy person for years now? I distinctly remember a lot of complaining about Phil leaving all the cupboards open in the kitchen. (and of course the stealing cereal thing). I'm not that worried about it. I just hope Dan's enjoying a tidier house for a couple of days.

Today's video was alright. I might have to rewatch just to catch some of the things I missed on first watch. I do kind of hope we get the halloween special tomorrow, even if just because I'm abroad on Wednesday and don't want to use my data to watch youtube because my hotel room doesn't have wifi.

I watched yesterday's video in the middle of the night after a terrifying drive on an unlit road (and being stopped by police) so that was...an experience, as I was already on edge. Still, it wasn't a very scary video imo, just a good immersive story. Though I could've done without the bits of gore in it. But I definitely appreciate that we got such a long video. I wouldn't mind more 30+ minute videos.

All in all so far I'd say this is a decent spooky week with some good videos, and I'm just very happy about the consistent uploading and all the new content in general <3
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

ratlad wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:55 pm damn if dnp really are separating from each other soon then i wonder how they're going to split every shared item they have in half. would they do it with a hacksaw? machete? axe? hot knife?
Well I hear the BONCAS hashtags can be sawn in half. I just hope Phil only divides the two of them Dan is credited for. He deserves to keep Creator of the Year for himself, grand romantic gestures aside. :roll:

I still have to watch the most recent two videos. I did rewatch the first two with my husband last night though. I’m wondering if perhaps the candy necklace and nippy jumper were worn for the AP Halloween special. Pretty please. :pumpkinphil: :skeleton:
sonicgreen
woodland creature

:candycorn: This week has been crazy busy and it just had to be THIS week that we get daily content??? :candycorn:
(i'll take any excuse to use my favorite seasonal emoji)
I just caught up on both videos (great) but did anyone notice that Dan swiveled the chair arm into Phil's knee at 35:52 then placed his hand on his knee with a "sorry". Was it because he hit him with the chair or just the jumpscare? Either way, loved that. :happytears:
huphilpuffs
crusty sponge

I'm one of those people who tends to get anxious when deppy say things that are ... somewhat critical of living together, mostly because I know other people will get anxious and that makes me overthink. But I figured for those of you who are still concerned, here's a little numerical look at dnp this year because I find that sometimes that's a tad more comforting that interpretations of their tones and stuff.

So this year, they made a combined total of 57 videos. Of those, 43 were danandphilgames vids, so ~78% of all their 2018 youtube content is on their joint channel joint. Dan has posted 4 videos, 2 of which were II promo and included Phil, so 50% of danielhowell videos were joint. Phil posted 10 videos, 6 of which included Dan, so 60% of amazingphil videos were joint (and we know he'll be in at least two more, Halloween whatever they do this year and pinof). That's not to mention all of II and all the instastories of/featuring each other.

All that to say that, at least on a professional level, they've given us no indication that they're going their separate ways. Like some other people pointed out, they've even talked about future plans (making mukbangs a tradition, and more immediately there's the II movie events they talked about, and the tbc dates).

Dan's been making jokes about Phil being messy for a long time. A really specific instance of the socks everywhere joke that I can think of is in this Undertale video, where Dan compares Sans and Papyrus' sock bants to him and Phil. It's just a little something to keep in mind when Dan's jokes make you anxious, I guess. (Sorry I hope this doesn't sound too obnoxious or anything. It's just what I do to calm my anxieties.)

Also, the last two gaming vids were okay imo. They had some good moments, but I'm not a big game focused person so a lot of RE7 was kinda meh, and the Shrek game was a lot like other Slender vids they've made. But Phil jumpscaring Dan was a good moment, as was Dan tugging on Phil's mask afterwards. And Phil holding his boobs definitely made me laugh. And Dan reaching for Phil's hand was good, too. Overall they were good, pretty fun videos, that I probably won't rewatch much but I'm not complaining :D
who met each other on the internet and created this entire world
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

I always just took the critical stuff they say as normal couple bickering. :lol: Or just long-term roommates, whatever. You live with someone long enough and their bad habits will either drive you crazy or become something to fondly joke about (or both, depending on your mood). I'm like Phil in that I am a little messy, maybe leave things lying (laying?) around the house, and god knows my husband has brung it up in front of our friends the same way Dan talks about Phil. Like a kind of "I love you but I WILL murder you and your trail of a million fucking socks" thing. I don't think it's indicative of anythings we didn't already know: Phil's messy and Dan's sarcastic.
thespacecat
tol bean

I liked the video today actually, it was a funny video to follow up the intense one yesterday. They seemed to enjoy it more than Granny, at least to me. I don't actually have many thoughts to share for this one except that Shrek is surprisingly scary; I totally get Dan ripping Phil's hand off the mouse when he exploded out of the trees lol.

As for Dan consistently bringing up about how messy/hard it is to live with Phil, I'd assume by now if he was serious enough to want to move because of it, he would of already as he's been joking like this for a long time. Imo at least lol.
kavat
pastel persona

lilabet wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:53 pm I find it always helps to think about when things are filmed. Something that seems to have been raised a lot may have just been mentioned on one filming day. Maybe Phil was just that messy that day so Dan mentioned it a few times. It just feels a lot because it’s spaced out for us.
I think this is a good point. They might have a spat/discussion about something which makes it top of mind for a couple of days, but for us it's spread out for much longer and we also often rewatch their content over and over. Socks everywhere, open cupboards, stealing cereal are all just small mundane things said like "look what I have to live with", but every day he still chooses to live with it. As people said before, Dan is sarcastic in everything he says and it's just his way of making sure that we know how intertwined their lives are.

Saf & Tyler's costume is brilliant and I want nothing more than them to attend Vidcon London so we can have the collab we all deserve.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

First of all, Safiya and Tyler dressed up as Dan and Phil made my day. Dan putting the screenshot of it on his ig stories also made my day.

RE: living together jokes. Well, I mean.. what else is new? I don't think that's indicative of anything. For example, I just finished reading Rose and Rosie's book Overshare (#spon) and it's FILLED with jokes like the ones Dan makes - Rose complaining about Rosie leaving dirty dishes in the sink or Rosie complaining about Rose leaving mugs on the nightstand - and even worse, tbh. Like, that was a point where to the question 'what do you think your mild-life crisis indulgent purchase will be?', Rose replied with 'a divorce settlement'. Now, i know that since they're married the response of the audience to those jokes might be different and calmer, but a part of me thinks that if dnp were married and said that stuff, there would be threads on twitter about how they hate each other and they're gonna divorce soon.

Let's not forget that even though Dan jokes about living with Phil, he's also the guy who thinks that the universe would rip in half if he and phil moved apart and talked about Phil's obsession with a corgi when asked about getting a dog in a liveshow (which, to this day, is still one of the very rare instances of Dan being vulnerable with his audience and I'm still shook about it).
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
kavat
pastel persona

glitterintheair wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:08 am Let's not forget that even though Dan jokes about living with Phil, he's also the guy who thinks that the universe would rip in half if he and phil moved apart and talked about Phil's obsession with a corgi when asked about getting a dog in a liveshow (which, to this day, is still one of the very rare instances of Dan being vulnerable with his audience and I'm still shook about it).
God yes, the corgi thing is one of my favorite moments. He's so calm and soft and openly talking about the future. I had to go find it because that sentence just lifts my mood instantly.
ratlad
angel bean

i don't follow Rose and Rosie, but from what i've heard is that a lot of people compare them to dnp in the sense of the dynamics of their relationship. i agree, from what i've seen so far, especially now from their book quotes that @glitterintheair mentioned. that's cute as hell and i can only see those jokes dan makes as nothing but adoration. if anything, he's just emphasizing that he is the one who gets to experience Phil Lester every single day. he doesn't like the way phil is sometimes messy, but he teases him about it and clearly loves the fuck out of that man. it's the same guy he plans a future with, hence the "corgi/mongrel" liveshow moment @kavat posted above. he says it all with a smile on his face and i think that's more telling than zooming in on a comment about how "horrible" it is to live with phil every day. there is no point in analysing it to death and worrying yourself, it's just another look into their domestic life thats hidden beneath a joke which is part of a bigger picture; a bigger, beautiful, wonderful picture.

(should i apologize for the sappiness? fuck it. im in A Mood :happytears: )
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

kavat wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:31 am God yes, the corgi thing is one of my favorite moments. He's so calm and soft and openly talking about the future. I had to go find it because that sentence just lifts my mood instantly.
Ahhh that moment is one of my favourites of all time, thank you for reminding me of it!! That video cuts off one of my favourite bits - he says "or maybe it'll be an ugly mongrel we adopt" right after that and it's one of those things that I think is impossible to interpret as anything other than indicative of plans to share their future together.

Just wanted to chime in to say I loved your post @huphilpuffs I've been watching dnp for the better part of six years and they've always made jokes about what a pain the other is to live with - Dan's talked about Phil leaving cupboard doors open and leaving socks everywhere etc etc for years now I'm sure, so much so that I didn't even register that they've been mentioning it lately.

To me they seem closer than ever before, and all I've seen is an openness unlike anything we've ever seen from them. Back in 2012 I never thought we'd get content as good and as authentic as what we're getting now, and it's never been clearer to me that they are a team and a partnership with every intention to move forward in life together.
liola
rankussy

I'm rewatching the liveshow they did and Phil definitely says he wants to upload the finale of spooky week on the 30th so people have two days to enjoy it and he doesn't want to post it on actual halloween and then the next day is November 1st.

I'm quite perplexed that they would leave the halloween night alone, but unless Phil just meant the finale for DAPG then today is the last day of spooky week? I'm very much confused, because they were 100% talking about the finale and Dan talks about it being suprising and fun (if anyone wants to check as well, around minute 9:00 of the tumblr upload)

Okay i'm now at minute 15:00 and it does seem like Dan is listing 5 games (granny, an interesting one (Test), a genuine scary one (resident evil), a funny one (Shrek) and a very weird one) so either Dan is a can't do math gay (jk jk) or i don't know. Wouldn't put it past Dan to just say something without really thinking about it lmao
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I'm living for the topic right now and all the lists of reasons and evidence Dan and Phil love each other and will never separate.

:happytears:

Just popping in to say I'm like... bouncing-off-the-walls excited for today's video? The final spooky week vids are always a blessing and I'm so pumped that we're finally here!! Also happy almost-2-year anniversary to the start of the post-baking universe. What a damn good universe it's been.

And then, there's gonna be PINOF, and (maybe?) Gamingmas, and then Festive Baking. Y'all, God is Real in this 2018!!!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Also bouncing off the walls for today's video. I'm excited for whatever silliness they're gonna bring to AmazingPhil.

And I hope we get some Dan ig stories today - we got our glance into Phil's trip yesterday, I wanna some wild west updates from Dan today.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

feeling some real deja vu today....

autumnhearth
senpai

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:01 pm Also bouncing off the walls for today's video. I'm excited for whatever silliness they're gonna bring to AmazingPhil.

And I hope we get some Dan ig stories today - we got our glance into Phil's trip yesterday, I wanna some wild west updates from Dan today.
Do you really?

Sad sulking boy, just because your bf is out of town it doesn’t mean you’re single. Though more people should buy flowers for themselves. He’ll be home tomorrow.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

that's nowhere near the computer buddy

So, we upgraded from emo-tweeting to emo-instastorying? I see how it is.
But for real tho, I love that they keep fresh flowers around the house, they seem to do that often.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
knq
lava lamp

Man, I really loved that Resident Evil video, but now I have to go find another low-misogyny gamer who can strike the right balance between funny and immersed and who uploaded the whole series on YouTube because I know dnp aren't going to keep playing it. :(

Interesting choice by Dan to show the flowers which he bought for himself and were definitely just for him and his computer. I wonder if Phil comes home today.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

ratlad
angel bean

is the AP video coming out today or tomorrow? it'd make sense for one more spooky week vid and then an AP tomorrow. idk!!
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
noodlebum
flower crown

I thought Phil said it would be tonight as no one would be interested in watching Halloween themed videos late Halloween night as the excitement is over, or something like that.

I wonder if Dan realises he's said the exact same thing twice about buying flowers for his desk?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

noodlebum wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:40 pm I thought Phil said it would be tonight as no one would be interested in watching Halloween themed videos late Halloween night as the excitement is over, or something like that.

I wonder if Dan realises he's said the exact same thing twice about buying flowers for his desk?
Yeah - he definitely said that, so I'm not gonna be surprised when that one gets uploaded today. What I'm curious about is whether or not there's one more spooky gaming video, too, since Dan definitely described five video games. By what he said in the liveshow the fifth/last one would be the "weird" one.
noodlebum
flower crown

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:43 pm
noodlebum wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:40 pm I thought Phil said it would be tonight as no one would be interested in watching Halloween themed videos late Halloween night as the excitement is over, or something like that.

Yeah - he definitely said that, so I'm not gonna be surprised when that one gets uploaded today. What I'm curious about is whether or not there's one more spooky gaming video, too, since Dan definitely described video games. By what he said in the liveshow the fifth/last one would be the "weird" one.
Ooh two videos tonight, an AmazingPhil and a gaming one, now that would be a treat! :skeleton:
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

This reminds me of something that once happened to me. After college, I decided to buy a sewing machine, so I could, you know, make simple repairs to my clothes when I needed to. At checkout, the lady at the cash register said, “Ooh, this is a nice machine! You must be buying this for someone you really love!”

And I was like, “Um, actually, I’m just buying it for myself...”

And she said, “Well, you must love yourself a lot.”

And I thought to myself, Yeah, that may be true, but I don’t think that’s what you meant... :lol:
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I'm of the mildly debbie downer-ish opinion that we're just getting the one non-gaming video today and that's it for the spoopy season.

And if I'm wrong, then my expectations have been kept low enough that anything more will just be christmas on halloween.