Dan & Phil Part 78: have the courage to exist.

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

rizzo wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:11 pm I'm of the mildly debbie downer-ish opinion that we're just getting the one non-gaming video today and that's it for the spoopy season.

And if I'm wrong, then my expectations have been kept low enough that anything more will just be christmas on halloween.
Yeah the later it gets the more I'm sure it's just one video. (Which does make me wonder what Dan was thinking of when he said weird, but oh well - wouldn't be the first time he misspoke in a mildly confusing and misleading way.)
autumnhearth
senpai

I’m of the opinion that we have been abandoned in favor of Bake Off.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Should have known it would be a Sims vid.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

oh cool so we're getting the AmazingPhil vid on halloween!!!!!!
i really like vampires, there was a time in elementary school when i told everyone i was a vampire and they all believed me. i would literally drink my own blood on the playground and i remember having people ask me to bite them so they can turn into one as well but,, i didn't,,, do that...
(why do i have to share weird things about my childhood throughout spookyweek?)
i relate to phil though, about wanting to bite into human flesh. this isn't even talking from my edgy vampire phase, i just want to munch on human skin! i think i have an iron deficiency. i wonder if phil actually thinks about dan's neck in that way. imagine when they snuggle, phil just looks over and thinks: "yumby,,mmcronch..."
idk what i have to say about the vid, it was all over the place. oh yeah, uh, bat sex. okay.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
Ablissa
pastel persona

I expected this and I'm okay with it. It wasn't the most outstanding video, but they were both cute. Are those roots I'm seeing on Phil?
I like how they said they would focus on Tabitha, but still focused on Dil and just had him actually interact with her for once :lol: I may be morbid but I'd be okay with them killing off one of their Sims in their main game, not Dil but the rest are fair game (I like Dab for Devan as well). I wish they would play the game in a more crazy way sometimes, kind of like they did today.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I feel like the amount of vampire!au fics will significantly increase after that comment from phil about wanting to bite into someone's neck. :bat: :theurge:

Honestly I didn't mind Spooky Sims. I knew there was a high possibility of us getting Sims anyway, and them switching it up like this made it a fun bit of entertainment. And Dil died! Sadly not for real lmao. They really don't give a shit about Tabitha huh? Even when they try. I don't completely blame them, since they didn't create the character or anything they obviously just have less attachment to it and they can't be bothered with making her interesting. tbh I don't really care for her her either.

Yay for Spooky Week lasting one day longer with the mysterious finale video going up tomorrow! I wonder what made them change their minds?
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

I wanted to like the Halloween special, but the DIL vid was disappointing. The series has become so stale, I never really cared much for Dil, alien Dab, and all the forced narratives they put into the series. Let it die already, how long can you keep this one sims play through going? Endlessly it seems. By this pace I'll be a senior before Dil is.

Their jokes and conversation were at times entertaining, but in most video's it's already predictable what they'll joke about (did somebody say sex?) and the bants are even more predictable in the sims video.
Such a let down, I feel like we haven't gotten anything special. This is one of those times where i really felt like I was watching content for young teens.

Hopefully Dan and Phil games is getting a revamp before Chistmas. I'm more and more get the feeling like I'm watching youtubers that made some cool content years ago, and now barely care any more about their channels. Dinof is basically 'on hold', Amazing Phil will barely hit an average of one video a month and Dan and Phil games is full of spon and bad flash games (and is my least favorite channel to start with).
I'm hoping this year was a one-off because of the Interactive Introverts tour, because if it weren't for how much I already like them as people, I could never see myself staying engaged with their channels.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
thespacecat
tol bean

Killing off Vampire Dil and Tabitha in the end with everyone crying was very grim, but also fit for a literal ending to spooky week. I feel like this was a fun episode to mess around with the vampire extension pack without actually ruining original save (though the ending with Dan teasing Phil with the "save" button gave me anxiety lol).

I didn't quite like this video, but I'm excited for the amazingphil video tomorrow! Maybe pumpkin carving? (that would be "dangerous"... not sure about demanding?)
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

just like some other people, i'm getting a bit bored by the sims series, apart from the last two (three?) episodes, it's been a while since it really made me laugh. i enjoy watching it but i won't watch it again.
despite all of this, i really enjoyed this one. i liked the bants, the energy and atmosphere but i really liked them going crazy without actually saving the game and there were many crazy things : dil as a vampire Tabitha as a vampire, drinking erica's blood, all the whohoo-ing AND mostly the death at the end! i loved them going crazy and i'd love to see them going crazier on the main sims game! let's shake things up, but without bringing a new character into the game. let's kill someone or something!
so yeah i liked it and i'm so hyped for tomorrow's video!
:gayaf:
huphilpuffs
crusty sponge

Idk who's requesting more Tabitha content over Dab and Evan but consider it a strong disagree from me. But either way, I kinda expected there to be a Sims vid, too, so that wasn't a big disappointment. Tbh I still kinda prefer them to super game-heavy videos (just because I watch dapg more for deppy than for video games. If I wanted serious gaming content I'd watch someone else.)

It was pretty fun. As a Sims player myself, I found it kinda funny how even though they read the missing data pop up, they didn't figure out that uninstalling packs would remove that content from the game and make everyone naked (or they did and just wanted to repeatedly point out how naked everyone was, which is also kinda funny.) It was a good way to go about playing with vampires, too, without needing to make anyone actually a vampire. Overall, it was okay. The beginning, with Phil mocking Dan's gesticulating, was definitely cute. There were a few moments, like Dan poking Phil's nose, that were also pretty good. I really don't need to hear them talk about sex this much but if that's part of their being more open and genuine on YouTube then I'll take it :lol: . Oh and I very much approve of Dan's bringing back the horned hoodie.

Looking forward to tomorrow's video, though! I'll probably be in class when they post ( :( ) but I'm sure I'll enjoy it when I get to!
who met each other on the internet and created this entire world
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Wow! This video was...a lot. I started out bored (at least as bored as I can be watching Dan and Phil). But the video just kept getting better, and I was fully satisfied by the end. Here are my highlights:
  • The first thing I noticed was that the pumpkins are back in a pyramid. :illuminati:
  • [0:13] Phil grabs ahold of one of Dan’s horns and shakes it. Dan is not pleased.
  • [0:33] Dan claps, and Phil imitates him. Dan is indignant, and it’s very cute.
  • [4:02] I don't know what Phil's hand motion here is, and I'm pretty sure I don't want to know.
    P: So we’re gonna have some marriage-bonding, husband-wife action. *sawing/fisting? hand motion*
    D: They cannnnnn…
    P: Not that kind of action. I don’t even know what this is.
    D: Maybe. Whatever that is, I don’t think that’s an option in The Sims.
  • [4:52] Maybe Dan should consider sleeping with one eye open from now on...
    P: I think it would be quite satisfying to just bite into someone’s neck. Do you know? Just imagine the texture. Just be like, *bite sound.* No? Just me?
    D: Do you want me to respond to--I don’t understand anymore. Okay.
  • [7:31] Just because it’s an option doesn’t mean it’s something she wants to do. :roll:
    D: You can--
    P: You can WooHoo in a coffin?!
    D: *looks at camera*
    P: That’s--
    D: Tabitha.
    P: That’s dark.
    D: Tabitha, get your life together.
  • [8:02] Yes, my definition of “marriage-bonding, husband-wife action” is definitely having my husband flirt with a strange man he's just met.
    P: I dare you to do a flirty introduction.
    D: A fl--Really?
    P: Do it!
    D: What could go wrong?
    P: I just want to see.
    D: Sure. Flirty introduction.
  • [9:22] I love how Dan knew that Phil would just have a vampire pun ready to go.
    D: What’s the pun, Phil?
    P: Um, why do vampires need cold and flu medicine?
    D: Why?
    P: For their coffin!
    D: Turn into a bat, and fly into a ceiling fan.
  • [9:32] This whole exchange is so absurd! Dan and Phil preface this video by saying that they feel like Tabitha’s been neglected. Then, they get to the mansion and completely ignore her. They have her husband flirt with another guy and say that Tabitha’s totally into it. To be honest, when they got to this point and said, “Ask to Turn,” I had forgotten that the guy was a vampire and thought they were asking the guy to turn Dil gay. Because that's totally what Tabitha would want for Dil.
    D: Okay, so what other are there? Let’s see. “Give Fake Bad News.” Why would you do that, you freak?
    P: I don’t know. I think we need to get back on the good side. I mean, it seems like Tabitha’s into all this vampire stuff.
    D: Very true. She’s havin’ fun.
    P: So I--I think we should do the ultimate flirt: “Ask to Turn.”
    D: Turn Dil into a vampire?
    P: Yes, she’ll love it!
  • [10:17] Kinky-minded Dan returns with...haematophilia. :-?
    D: Oh, my God. He’s sucking Dil. Looked like he kinda enjoyed that. Not gonna lie.
    P: I hope everyone was watching that and not just listening to what you were saying.
    D: Oh, okay. This is--This is, like, kinky now. They--
    P: This is intense.
    D: It’s full reciprocal blood drinking, and he’s like, Get off me. You don’t deserve--Enough of that. And now they both barfed.
    P: Oh, no! Tabitha saw it. She didn’t like it.
    D: She’s like, Uh, get away from my man. Only I get to suck on his wrists..
  • [10:47] So this trip to the mansion is supposedly all for the sake of Dil and Tabitha's marriage. Dil gets pleasured by the vampire, but Tabitha just gets a suave kiss from Dil. Interesting.
    P: Should we get Tabitha to ask as well?
    D: No, that’s fine. I think that now we can just give her a suave kiss, and everything will be fine.
  • [13:27] Dil is all about getting some action from the vampire, but Tabitha is not at all about getting that same action from her husband. Okay, sure.
    D: She looks like she’s--
    P: She’s not enjoying it.
    D: --kind of enjoying it?
    P: No. I don’t think she loved that.
  • [14:32] Great life advice, tbqh. I know nibbling on other people is a part of my daily routine.
    D: He's a “Guilty Drinker.” He becomes embarrassed when he nibbles people.
    P: Without permission. I mean--
    D: I think that’s fair enough.
    P: That--He should.
    D: That--That’s how we should all be.
  • [16:21] Dan and Phil continue to make Dil and Tabitha's relationship sound healthy and loving:
    D: So Tabitha needs a day and a bit to turn into a vampire.
    P: Yeah.
    D: Clearly, they’re a bit tense ‘cause of all the nibblin’, so I feel like Dil should just leave her.
    P: Mmm.
    D: And maybe have some fun exploring his new vampire powers with some people that aren’t his family.
    P: Okay.
  • [18:40] Quite the moral statement by Dan:
    D: Does this kill her?
    P: I don’t think this kills her.
    D: ‘Cause I’m not saying that we’re trying to kill her.
    P: It’s just--
    D: I’m just saying that if she did die--
    P: It’s just a deep drink.
    D: --and disappeared, then I think we would have done something good.
  • [19:19] I guess Dan has now decided that Dil and Bob are going to get married. :lol:
    D: And now he’s Googling, “Um, killed my stepson future’s clone mom”
  • [20:02] I don't even know what to say. Phil's a dork, and I love him.
    D: I think we should go back and see our wife--
    P: Skedad.
    D: --’cause, uh, she might have a bit of a bubbly tummy if you know what I’m sayin’.
    P: Yeah.
    D: She wants a bit of a nibble on her husband.
    P: You mean she’s gonna diarrhea?
    D: No, she’s turning into a vampire…
    P: *laughs*
    D: *pokes Phil in the face*
  • [21:41] Phil is a big fan of bat WooHoos. Who could have guessed?
    *Dil and Tabitha WooHoo as bats*
    D: Right. Oka--Um.
    P: That is amazing.
    D: Is this legal?
    P: I don’t know.
    D: Where did the appendages go?
    P: I loved that.
  • [21:55] Um, I feel like there's a lot to unpack from these comments, but I don't want this post to get flagged. 😏
    D: Okay, well, while they’re both flirty, why not do it? Just two eternal lovers doing what they do best. That seems cramped!
    P: That’s very cramped!
    D: I dunno, man. You’re gonna put your elbow--
    P: Ooh! It’s floating.
    D: Wow. Okay.
    P: This is--This is steamy.
    D: That is somehow kind of disturbing.
    P: I’m a bit scared.
    D: The--The rocking is very gentle.
    P: Oh! Oh!
    D: Oh, there we go. Bats just flew out. Did it just--Did Dil just shoot out tiny bats?
    P: I think so. This is going on for a while.
    D: Woah! Okay.
    P: Wow.
    D: One of them just hit the spot. And that was a bat--Okay. Wow.
    P: Just ejected them from the coffin.
    D: That was the most passionate love making we’ve seen this entire series.
    P: It was.
  • [22:49] That’s one twisted sense of romance, Dan.
    D: I think, as if this were a horrible nightmare, we should just walk them ceremoniously out--
    P: Oh, no!
    D: --into the morning sun--
    P: Dan!
    D: --and say, “Goodbye.”
    P: Oh, my God.
    D: “Go Here Together.”
    P: Oh, God. I feel sad even though this is the alternate universe. This is sad!
    D: No, it’s romantic. It’s fine.
    P: Is it?
    D: Yep.
  • Alright! Two videos in a row with the correct merch links! Let's keep this up, boys! :thumb:
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

itasca00 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:15 am [*]Alright! Two videos in a row with the correct merch links! Let's keep this up, boys! :thumb:
[/list]
I've really been enjoying the saga of the merch links in your timestamps. I'm now convinced that Dan has them correctly typed out in wherever he copies his doobly-doo from, and Phil has it wrong in his. That would make the most sense with Dan most likely posting the last couple vids with Phil being out of town.
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Got to watch the Sims video and it was really funny. I appreciate the setup of a give no fucks scenario where they could do anything they wanted, very Simpson-esque and they took it an appropriate tribute route. My highlights were Dan poking Phil in the face, and Phil's furry tendencies rising at the bat sex/coffin sex involving bats.

Now I'm really excited for tomorrow's video. I think pumpkin carving is a good guess, but if I had to throw a second one out there I'd say... what's in my mouth, Halloween version? Just because there was candy as well.
knq
lava lamp

I hope we got the AP Halloween video early in the day tomorrow (well, today in most timezones.) I do think Phil had solid reasons for wanting to post on the 30th, so maybe he'll compromise and post early so it's not so close to November 1st.

:candycorn: I'm just so curious what the video is! We've gotten so many hints and they don't add up to anything for me. It's a 'demanding and dangerous' video that involves pumpkins, candy, the skull bowl, and probably Dan putting a phone in his mouth. Did I miss any hints? :candycorn:
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

onceinaugust wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:32 am
itasca00 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:15 am [*]Alright! Two videos in a row with the correct merch links! Let's keep this up, boys! :thumb:
[/list]
I've really been enjoying the saga of the merch links in your timestamps. I'm now convinced that Dan has them correctly typed out in wherever he copies his doobly-doo from, and Phil has it wrong in his. That would make the most sense with Dan most likely posting the last couple vids with Phil being out of town.
I’m glad to know you’re on this journey with me! My instinct also recently has been that Dan has been posting the descriptions with the correct merch links. But you’d think, after he recently fixed Phil’s merch link, he would have mentioned it to Phil to make sure they’re being consistent? Idk.

If this hypothesis is correct, it’s interesting to go back through the past few months’ videos to see who was responsible for what description. It would mean, for example, that Dan has done all of the descriptions for The Sims videos posted recently. It would be nice if knowing who made the video descriptions told us anything about who (primarily) edited, uploaded, etc. the video, but I’m not sure that it does. Dan tweeted about suggested thumbnails for the PUBG video, but the merch links in that video’s description are wrong. :shrug:

In general, I’d be very interested to know more about how they split up the work of making gaming videos (and other joint content).

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:41 am Now I'm really excited for tomorrow's video. I think pumpkin carving is a good guess, but if I had to throw a second one out there I'd say... what's in my mouth, Halloween version? Just because there was candy as well.
knq wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:00 am :candycorn: I'm just so curious what the video is! We've gotten so many hints and they don't add up to anything for me. It's a 'demanding and dangerous' video that involves pumpkins, candy, the skull bowl, and probably Dan putting a phone in his mouth. Did I miss any hints? :candycorn:
I also think that pumpkin carving is a good guess. What could be more dangerous than Phil Lester wielding a knife? (Side note: I’ve seen several British YouTubers use kitchen knives to carve pumpkins, and it always freaks me out. How they manage to make any accident-free progress without using a small, serrated blade is beyond me.) I think the “candy” and “demanding” clues could come into play in the form of the incorporation of some kind of challenge aspect to the video.

I previously also guessed costume making, which I stand by. But, now that I think about it again, bobbing for apples might also fit the bill of “dangerous and demanding.” Whatever happens, I’m excited! :D
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
ratlad
angel bean

concept: dnp building and decorating ginger bread houses as haunted houses with lots of halloween candy.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
liola
rankussy

It's just Dan feeding Phil candy, and it's dangerous because Phil is so demanding that Dan fears for his life if he doesn't feed him the exact amount of candy he wants.

I do hope they post earlier, a lot of people will go out for halloween parties and I would love to be able to watch right away the video that I've been mostly curious about!
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

I second that, they wanted to release the Halloween related content in October because it'd lose relevance if they waited to long so I hope they also considered this means part of their audience will be going out. Bring on the good content please.
That said i'm personally fine and even prefer a release tomorrow. Halloween ain't really a thing here but 1 and 2 november is and it's a public holiday so a long video would be nice.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I woke up early to watch the new gaming video before work, but found it a bit boring. I think the idea was good, but it didn't quite work out. They also edited out large chunks, but it wasn't quite "on point" enough to be spooky/not so random.

Yay for being an introvert who doesn't get invited to parties, so I can watch the video tonight :D Them dressing up to match their Twitter handles would definitely be fun.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Yeah, I hope they'll upload early because otherwise I'd have to wait hours to watch the video and I don't want a repeat of what happened with Monster Pops - i remember leaving the cinema and logging into Twitter and being confronted with mass hysteria. So please @ dnp have mercy, thankyouverymuch.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
hello9217
flower crown

I wouldn't be surprised if 'skull' and 'candy' have nothing to do with the video other than simply just being in it. It's like that one time someone asked for a hint and phil said dove because a design of a bird was on his sweater.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I've never been so happy to have predicted wrong. Yesterday's Sim video was pretty okay. Not the greatest all-time piece of content, but I definitely enjoyed it. Now I'm even more excited for today! :')

I don't know about you all, but for me, all the clues CLEARLY add up to Phil eating candy off of Dan's body. :shrug:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm rewatching Monsterpops and a) their Sims video yesterday had the same outfits, aw and b) it's so funny how groundbreaking this video felt then. I haven't watched it in a while (maybe even since last Halloween) and this video makes it very clear how far their progression towards more natural selves on camera has come. It's still a really cute video, don't get me wrong, it's just that in a world where we've seen Phil filming Dan in bed, Dan with his head between Phil's legs, Dan telling Phil without flinching that Phil has nice thighs/biceps/the various body part compliments Dan has given Phil, etc... Dan licking a spoon Phil is holding up doesn't pack the same punch.

I'm really curious to see if the video we get today will have the more main channel over the top vibe Dan usually brings to his baking channel videos or if we'll get something more along mellowness of recent AmazingPhil stuff.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:22 pm I'm rewatching Monsterpops and a) their Sims video yesterday had the same outfits, aw and b) it's so funny how groundbreaking this video felt then. I haven't watched it in a while (maybe even since last Halloween) and this video makes it very clear how far their progression towards more natural selves on camera has come. It's still a really cute video, don't get me wrong, it's just that in a world where we've seen Phil filming Dan in bed, Dan with his head between Phil's legs, Dan telling Phil without flinching that Phil has nice thighs/biceps/the various body part compliments Dan has given Phil, etc... Dan licking a spoon Phil is holding up doesn't pack the same punch.

I'm really curious to see if the video we get today will have the more main channel over the top vibe Dan usually brings to his baking channel videos or if we'll get something more along mellowness of recent AmazingPhil stuff.
I rewatched Monster Pops quite recently and I agree, it felt SO MUCH back then but now? Compared to the stuff they get up to these days, that video is almost innocent. I wonder what we will be thinking two years from now about their current behaviour on camera...
Also, was in that video that the infamous 'give the people what they want' (when Dan filmed the close up of Phil licking the spatula) was said for the first time? It's crazy how many things are related to that vid. It was really a turning point for them.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Lyan
tol bean

the sequel to undertale (apparently??? the game itself is very confusing about the timeline) came out today for free and i'm so happy dan played as well!!!! i'm still not through with the first ep but it's THE CUTEST thing i thought i would be cool if they played it in the gaming channel......... although if dan has already played maybe not :(