Dan & Phil Part 78: have the courage to exist.

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
pararlama
phillion/danosaur <//3
Pronouns: they/them

I'm too drunk to properly articulate my thoughts or even comprehend what they're saying but my main takeaways are:
  • testicles full of seeds and babies
  • touching swords
  • so wet
  • "dan I'm close"
  • *spanking the pumpkins*
  • (why aren't they sketching the design onto the pumpkin before carving???)
  • *breathing noises*
  • "we dressed up, give us some money" -Capital£ster six figures I was only seven
  • sexy emo
  • "calm down there bub"
good vid

so i think it's only fair that he comes up here and shares this with me

snokoplasmic
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her

Ablissa wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:22 pm
snokoplasmic wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:01 pm For some reason, I'm actually feeling a bit...underwhelmed? I mean, I figured that it was going to pumpkin carving and I was happy for that, and it was quite a good video, but I guess I thought that it would feel like a bit more than just them standing around cutting a pumpkin and Dan recycling his same two jokes over and over again. I'm 100% sure that I'll probably like it more on a rewatch, but my first impression is a bit meh. They were very cute, though!
While I did love the video, I think I know what you mean and I kind of explained it to myself too.
This video doesn't feel groundbreaking anymore, not the way it would have a year or two ago. These are the jokes and interactions we now often see in their videos, so while they would have made us all pass out 2-3 years ago, now they just add to the big pile of things we receive much more often.
Yeah! I think that I expected to respond to this video as if it were any of the others seasonal videos -- which are usually very Big and guaranteed to be liked and become a Thing, yknow? But then instead it came off with more of a gaming video vibe for me, in that with gaming videos it's not horribly uncommon for me to not be super crazy about it, yet still like it anyway, which is exactly how I reacted to this video. Expectations, man, they'll f you up :lol:
Grumpybisexual
delia smith
Pronouns: She/her

This video might not be groundbreaking but i’m honestly overwhelmed by the sheer amount of ~Phil we’re getting! Not AmazingPhil but real, actual Phil Lester :happytears: Dan was pretty much his regular self but Phil is letting us see so much more of himself and i’m so ready for whatever comes next :happytears:
Ablissa
pastel persona

snokoplasmic wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:36 pm
snokoplasmic wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:01 pm For some reason, I'm actually feeling a bit...underwhelmed? I mean, I figured that it was going to pumpkin carving and I was happy for that, and it was quite a good video, but I guess I thought that it would feel like a bit more than just them standing around cutting a pumpkin and Dan recycling his same two jokes over and over again. I'm 100% sure that I'll probably like it more on a rewatch, but my first impression is a bit meh. They were very cute, though!
While I did love the video, I think I know what you mean and I kind of explained it to myself too.
This video doesn't feel groundbreaking anymore, not the way it would have a year or two ago. These are the jokes and interactions we now often see in their videos, so while they would have made us all pass out 2-3 years ago, now they just add to the big pile of things we receive much more often.
Yeah! I think that I expected to respond to this video as if it were any of the others seasonal videos -- which are usually very Big and guaranteed to be liked and become a Thing, yknow? But then instead it came off with more of a gaming video vibe for me, in that with gaming videos it's not horribly uncommon for me to not be super crazy about it, yet still like it anyway, which is exactly how I reacted to this video. Expectations, man, they'll f you up :lol:
Yeah, I get what you mean. I wanted something that would make me react the way Monster Pops did, but honestly, with the way they are every day now, it will be hard to achieve that. I'm keeping my hopes up for pinof <3

Edit: one thing that I forgot to mention in my first post is that wow, this video being on AP is the start of a new era. We expect this type of thing from dinof or DAPG, but AP? I'm even more excited for the future now.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

They did say a lot of things that stand out, and they had fun, and they were cute and smiley. But the biggest, most groundbreaking thing about this video to me is exactly that it's NOT groundbreaking. That this is the Dan and Phil we know now, that we accept it as something normal. Boy, I'm excited for 2019.
See this is how I felt. I was worried because I’m not experiencing the same thing as people saying that this is a post punkin universe. 2016 there was a clear change in behaviour from just one video. And It was a lot to process at the time because it was soooo new. But I think that opened up dan and Phil to show a more honest side within every video. Not so in your face but more real interactions that arnt forced or holding back. I feel like dan sometimes feels the need to one up things he does. I think everyone including dan and Phil could see 2016 was really the best year. The jokes are over done and they can be funny but there comes a point we’re its an easy joke to make. The rubbing the pumpkins made me very uncomfortable and I don’t even know why...maybe it was because even after it was brought up it still carried on. It’s literally just a personal thing don’t know why it made me feel so weird. How odd?

Over all it was a good fun video to watch. Nothing about it stands out, this is the dan and Phil we have watched grow to this point. They have made a lot of progress just this year through tour, so too me I don’t see anything in this video that I wouldn’t of seen or heard a year ago. I know they will become even more open in 2019 but I don’t know if we will get a stand out moment like 2016. This is something that’s been happening naturally through liveshows, IG stories etc. I’m excited to see what happens in 2019! Maybe pinof will bring us the next post universe!!!
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Tbh I thought we were already in a post-mukbang universe, if there's any real shift in a single video from 2018 similar to how monster pops was. I'd welcome them (or anyone else too) to prove me wrong though and bring something more ground breaking in 2018 to the table.
scientia
phabergé

I’m actually kind of happy that this wasn’t some kind of game-changing video. Those can be exhausting, tbh. I for one am happily enjoying a nice, drama-free Halloween video!
dc34
glabella

scientia wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:34 am I’m actually kind of happy that this wasn’t some kind of game-changing video. Those can be exhausting, tbh. I for one am happily enjoying a nice, drama-free Halloween video!
I agree, since the mukbang was our game change video this year, I'm good with not having two in a row, my heart wouldn't handle it. My outlook on game changing videos are, I will welcome them with open arms if they are given but im not expecting one every single time or even at all. The fact we have gotten monster pops and mukbang is great, amazing, spectacular! But it was never something I expect bc I always look at it from their end, and how difficult it must be to know where the line is and where it needs to be changed :shrug:

I loved the video, I found it funny and there was some very good cute demon moments. I will say I am more excited for christmas baking!
susan2
rainbow nerd

I enjoyed that one! Baking video vibes, with gaming channel innuendo and humour, and the pumpkins turned out much better than their cutting techniques suggested haha. It was nice, just nice, and sometimes that's just nice.

Also, incase anyone's still in any doubt of how often they use that (beautiful) kitchen - they've been on that same bottle of handwash for over a year now...
Pumpkin Carving / Oct 2018

A Week in the Life / April 2018

Easter Baking / March 2018

Halloween Baking / Oct 2017
[Sidenote: I wonder if they'll manage to confirm something re the TBCs before the one year anniversary on 10 Nov...I imagine that's a 'celebration' coming up that they'll want to avoid]
Amiaw
interactive introvert

susan2 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:10 am.
Also, incase anyone's still in any doubt of how often they use that (beautiful) kitchen - they've been on that same bottle of handwash for over a year now...

I am being completely serious when I say that this is the reason I love idb so thank you for this post.

As for the video I enjoyed it and it continued their theme of being more laid back this year. If we are getting Christmas baking then I hope we get more cozy vibes but I do love dnp and all of their chaotic vibes during Halloween.
huphilpuffs
crusty sponge

I think a big part of why this video didn't seem that groundbreaking is that it came right after the mukbang video. I feel like there's very little they could have done to make this seem more monumental than that did, especially since the holiday/tradition videos usually tend to be more humour and innuendo, whereas the mukbang video was far more, idk, real and genuine. I'm hardly surprised that this video didn't do anything super revolutionary so shortly after the mukbang. Honestly, it would have been very overwhelming if it had.

But overall I really, really enjoyed it. I love watching them just have fun and it was cool to see them trying something new. Hearing them talk about testicles ... isn't something I needed in my life but it happened and, well, I guess that's the post-mukbang-maybe-post-pumpkin universe for ya. Also the continued use of "we" is still great (why is imagining them as pumpkin growers weirdly cute?) The little Halloween anecdotes were fun to hear, too. I feel like we didn't get many of those in the baking vids, though I might be wrong.

Also, I know it's already been said, but I think it being on AmazingPhil instead of dinof really is maybe more important than it's content. The Halloween videos have been on Dan's channel for the last three years, and have built up to this sort of humour where they talk about testicles openly, but to see that transferred back to AP feels like a lot. Especially since this is the first more "established tradition" AP video that breaks his usual standards. Idk I just really love seeing the evolution of Phil's channel this year. It really makes me dread the possibility of him trying to go back. It feels like it'll be so out of place now.

Anyway, love the video a lot. It was a great end to a rough day :happytears:
who met each other on the internet and created this entire world
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I adored the hell out of this video. It was cute, it was funny, it was flirty.. that's all i need to be happy, really.

I agree that the mukbang was the real groundbreaking video of this year - even though i see that video more of a continuation of the progress they have made this year rather than a shocking video that came out of nowhere like Monster Pops was.
Honestly, I think that for dnp is just gonna get harder to make groundbreaking vids because they are at a point where they can do/say a Lot without truly shocking us. To do that, after all the barriers they have lowered so far, they should just... i don't know, film their wedding, perhaps? No, seriously though, I don't know what else could they do now? In the past every little thing felt 'groundbreaking' because they used to be so closed off that even a little glimpse of genuine content was enough to make us scream but now the situation is different and i definitely prefer this way. They seem happy and relaxed and I really dig those vibes, what can I say.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i liked the video a lot! im glad it was not ground breaking or overwhelming, it wasn't underwhelming either.
one thing i went "hmm" at was phil saying "dan, i'm close!" in a.,, well.,, very sexual tone! and he knew the implications and so did dan.
dan's pumpkin turned out looking like that 'Pumkin' character from a kids' learning english flash game, the one that says "give me the butter," like it's almost uncanny.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

obsessivelymoody wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:27 am Tbh I thought we were already in a post-mukbang universe, if there's any real shift in a single video from 2018 similar to how monster pops was. I'd welcome them (or anyone else too) to prove me wrong though and bring something more ground breaking in 2018 to the table.
I agree that I think the mukbang was the most shift we've seen and I think that other people might feel underwhelmed because this shift doesn't seem to be specifically about Dan and Phil and it's not directly sexual in nature; they crossed that barrier a while ago. The shift happening right now just seems to be all about Phil and Phil lowering a lot of boundaries he'd had up before. What they said isn't new; where they said it sure as hell is. And it just fits with the slow growth we've seen from Phil over the whole year, first the hair and then loosening up on Dan's channel, loosening up on the gaming channel, etc.

AmazingPhil might have been the bastion of the PG, softened humor, closed off Phil but don't forget it was also the longest standing one. I don't want to undercut how different it must feel for Phil to let go of the rigidity of his format. I think it's good, he certainly seems happy with it, but just like we know it took him six months to decide to even change his hairstyle... I don't think this was easy. Nothing about Phil is ever instantly groundbreaking; it seems like every decision he makes he labors over for ages. And maybe he doesn't want it to seem like a post-anything-universe, but I still wouldn't at all call this video being posted to that channel underwhelming.
Phantasy
woodland creature

Never expected to see Dan pretending to fist a pumpkin on Phil’s channel, yet here we are...
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

susan2 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:10 am I enjoyed that one! Baking video vibes, with gaming channel innuendo and humour, and the pumpkins turned out much better than their cutting techniques suggested haha. It was nice, just nice, and sometimes that's just nice.

[Sidenote: I wonder if they'll manage to confirm something re the TBCs before the one year anniversary on 10 Nov...I imagine that's a 'celebration' coming up that they'll want to avoid]
I forgot to quote this in the post i made a few minutes ago but lmfaooo I love the handwash thing.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

ok im posting this BEFORE reading any of your guys' posts because i just...i just need a moment to digest the actual video myself and OH BOY theres just a lot going on here (putting this long boye under a cut cz it long)
0:00 - intro is *chef's kiss*
0:30 - so what youre saying is that you totally couldve been matching costumes/aprons together....but its too "embarrassing", alright
1:03 - dan, internally: "remind me, why do i love you again?"
1:24 - gee, i wonder what other aspects in your lives have you said "lets change/spice it up a bit" to?
1:29 - "spicing it up, this late in the game" says dan, who is seductively fondling a pumpkin. ok
1:33 - all of these mpreg jokes, man they need to stop cz theyre really invading my doujin (or fanfic for the non-weebs out there) tag preferences way too much pls have mercy
2:00 - we couldve had a cute insta story of both yall frolicking through a pumpkin patch, picking your pumpkins fresh from the soil, having some bants......truly, its insta death for all of us fans :dead:
3:15 - first of all, i am having a heart attack cz phil is doing his on TOP OF THE STOVE. that thing is like a safety hazard...but lets be real, phil himself IS a safety hazard already. secondly, i am cackling so much at phil's "dead bodies" comment and dans reaction to it
4:10 - d: "WHY DID YOU BUY THEM" this right here screams "DOMESTIC" but also it reminds me of my mom nagging my dad for buying random crap.......................................so make of that what you will
4:23: Image
4:32 - phil....your craft channel persona is leaking....
4:54 - p: "im getting close dan (moans)" d: (gay panic)
5:09 - d:"im doing a frickin....do...deca...dron, or whatever the hell it is there we go" p: "dodecaHEdron" hello, linguistics phil
5:25 - i love how dans first instinct is to lick it, truly a child with oral fixation :)
5:42 - p: "i mean, we could start a new life as pumpkin growers" me: ow my heart this alternate universe is very :happytears:
d: "(dan mumbling something fast) TESTICLES" me: ok, they just had to bring it back into something sexual huh, go get a room
5:55 - interesting how dan would say "flag this", i think this truly shows just how much their rebranding had slowly become more ...idk...really putting themselves out there confidently? dinof and AP, who? im just sayin, if this bit about the pumpkin seeds and testicles was from 2012 era, we wouldnt even see it under the light of day. not even as an extra blooper. i just appreciate how they are more comfortable showing us this side of them now because it really does feel natural and organic...and on that note.......
6:02 - d: "time to get deep (does a...er.....very suggestive arm motion)" p: "its stickier than i remember" can we get an innuendo bingo with dnp 2018 clips?
6:58 - "its so wet" -phil lester, 2018
7:02 - "d: "phils going in raw, people" this guy does this in purpose
7:20 - (dan intentionally makes suggestive noises" phil, in the cutest adoring voice ever: "oH MY GOD, SHUT UP! :love2: "
7:33 - "ITS NATURE. THIS IS A RAW ASS PUMPKIN. (????) very unpopular (????)" dan, sweetie, im also a mumbly gemini so i know how it is, but i cannot decipher half of what youre saying sometimes. also, its like, ever since phil started saying the word ass on main, dan just went "this is my life now"
8:00 - dan and his kink of feeding food to his phil makes another appearance
8:15 - i love that adorable snort
8:40 - the moment in which i almost lost it, trying so hard not to openly laugh, in a crowded bus...i love it
9:10 - ok, raise your hand if youre curious as to what phil said to dan in this jump cut
9:35 - pumpkin boxing...ok i love how EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. they do a "play fight", phil almost always gives up or loses on purpose. unless theyre doing a competition or a versus game, then dan usually lets phil do whatever (forfeits, all or nothing) like a cat tolerating its human. my point here is, this is dan Image
10:15 - "nose first", eh? alright.
10:53 - p: "actually i think you deserve a sweet" excuse me now mr. lester.....did you just say dan "deserves" a sweet?
11:47 - can i just say how much i love dans body language here? he immediately stops what hes doing, drops his arms to his side and turns his body towards phil while constantly maintaining eye contact. hes showing him hes interested and that hes listening well. idk man, its such a small insignificant thing but it just really caught my eye. also side note, i love how both of them are so supportive w their carving designs. theyre giving genuine compliments to each others work and its so...fucking....wholesome?????????? love it
12:50 - ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) such an interesting way to suck that thing into your mouth dan
13:37 - "tis literally putting the choke in choker" istg dan

(everything in between these time stamps was 100% adorable domestic banter :garbage: )

15:48 - "sexy emo" huh....alright
16:30 - "i wanna be ashamed of you...but im actually really proud of you" dan and phil in a nutshell

anyways, this is the most effort ive spent on a time stamp before, that just shows how much i love this, also to end this post, im taking this one out of the spoiler:
17:20 - d: "are you okay?are you okay there?" p: (gentle paps) thank
"you are next to me in my life"
lesterchuu
philussy

double-posting cz i finally caught up the posts...
susan2 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:10 am Also, incase anyone's still in any doubt of how often they use that (beautiful) kitchen - they've been on that same bottle of handwash for over a year now...

im laughing so hard, i never noticed this 😂 although, as much as it stressed me watching, phil seems so nonchalant over carving and tossing his pumpkin on top of the electric stove top.....like....does he not care if he accidentally breaks it?????? what if they forgot it was on and they burn themselves????? hello, no safety protocol?????? it almost as if they dont actually use that kitchen at all
glitterintheair wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:15 am I adored the hell out of this video. It was cute, it was funny, it was flirty.. that's all i need to be happy, really.

I agree that the mukbang was the real groundbreaking video of this year - even though i see that video more of a continuation of the progress they have made this year rather than a shocking video that came out of nowhere like Monster Pops was.
Honestly, I think that for dnp is just gonna get harder to make groundbreaking vids because they are at a point where they can do/say a Lot without truly shocking us. To do that, after all the barriers they have lowered so far, they should just... i don't know, film their wedding, perhaps? No, seriously though, I don't know what else could they do now? In the past every little thing felt 'groundbreaking' because they used to be so closed off that even a little glimpse of genuine content was enough to make us scream but now the situation is different and i definitely prefer this way. They seem happy and relaxed and I really dig those vibes, what can I say.
+1 to this and to everyone else saying the same thing but bringing up different points. i honestly could not care less if they actively try to bring a "ground breaking" video because unless its something they have planned and prepared for for months or years, then its gunna look awkward if they forced it half-heartedly. id rather have them passively do it while being in their most comfortable state rather than them being too hyper aware of it and stressing themselves trying to outdo it. idk, am i making sense?

my point is, im glad that they are more relaxed. sure, theyre not oblivious so they probably know about the "post-monster pop universe" just by snooping around the fandom (i mean, i found it suspicious that theyd wear the same. exact. outfit. AGAIN. for a video...could be a coincidence but yo man, im onto yall :illuminati: :illuminati: :illuminati: ) but i like this "current" them who are more genuine to us and show more organic interactions with each other. i know they probably still have things they keep to themselves but its more of a "we know that you know so, you know?" situation. they reference it, but not feel compelled to actually address it.

i have no expectations for them to outdo themselves but i will welcome it with open arms if they do. they dont have to outdo themselves everytime, its totally fine! i love an open and comfortable dan and phil.

(although if they do film their "wedding" or a "day in the life of dan and phil and baby" i might legit cry) im sorry my demon is coming out, i blame the video
knq
lava lamp

While I enjoyed this deep down I just want an hour long video of them carving pumpkins with none of the failed jokes or boring bits cut out. Literally, I just want pigeon fest again except Dan and Phil are the pigeons.

That didn't sound unhealthy until I typed it out. :shrug:

Observations in no particular order
  • Dan thinks wearing the same apron as Phil would be embarrassing when last year they wore the same shirt. The literal same shirt.
  • At first I thought Dan's shirt was actually velvet. Something about the areas where you can see his skin looked like the right shine or texture for velvet. That was not a thing I thought I wanted but now it is.
  • Anyone else notice that for all the jokes they make about Phil being clumsy, it's almost always Dan who hurts himself or hurts Phil in videos? stop
  • I literally googled 'vore' last week because Dan and Phil reference it so much, thought I understood it, and then after watching this video I'm again uncertain what vore is. Sigh.
  • I am conflicted over all testicle and pumpkin sex related content. It's a lot like when they, mostly Dan, decide to talk about shitting. Like, I'm happy for you that you're not ashamed of your body, but also please stop.
  • Masterful editing shutouts to "Nelly" and "Brah"
  • Some wise words from Phil: "Who says it's got to be a circle? Make your own truth."
  • We never got to hear the high stakes reward for Phil eating some pumpkin and I am deprived.
  • Dan kept looking off screen and it was distracting.
  • Phil dressed up in a mum's dress when he was 7 and went trick-or-treating. I am trying to imagine the physics of this scenario and failing. How tall was 7-year-old Phil? But like, good on him for inventing drag.
  • Dan was a sexy emo and none of us want to know what that was.
  • Phil randomly decides Dan "deserves" a sweet. Dan is not sure about the deserving part but he does want sweets.
  • A wholesome story from Dan that was fucked up for about 16 reasons.
    • "Daddy, can you help me with my pumpkin?"
      "Yes, this is the body of Denise that I murdered 25 years ago. She was your real mother."
  • There's a random third pumpkin off to the side by the end of the video but sure I'm not questioning it.
  • WHAT I AM QUESTIONING: If Dan didn't have the "tethering phone" in his mouth in this video when did he have it in his mouth? :tinfoil:
lesterchuu
philussy

@knq
I literally googled 'vore' last week because Dan and Phil reference it so much, thought I understood it, and then after watching this video I'm again uncertain what vore is. Sigh.
i dont really have this fetish but.............to summarize "vore" to the best of my ability: its when you fantasize about being devoured alive or being the one to devour something/someone. the main thing here is that theres no gore involved, no bloodshed; its different from cannibalism - literally, most of the time its either you shrink to be able to fit in a mouth or you fit inside a giant's mouth or something. hence its sometimes affiliated w macrophilia/microhpilia.

i blame griffin mcelroy cz now i know way too much about vore.
We never got to hear the high stakes reward for Phil eating some pumpkin and I am deprived.
same
Dan was a sexy emo and none of us want to know what that was.
phil started his channel around 2006, then a year later, a 16yo dan stumbled upon his channel. 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Phil randomly decides Dan "deserves" a sweet. Dan is not sure about the deserving part but he does want sweets.
..........................i mean, perhaps dan has been a very good boye
knq
lava lamp

ame wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:50 am @knq
I literally googled 'vore' last week because Dan and Phil reference it so much, thought I understood it, and then after watching this video I'm again uncertain what vore is. Sigh.
i dont really have this fetish but.............to summarize "vore" to the best of my ability: its when you fantasize about being devoured alive or being the one to devour something/someone. the main thing here is that theres no gore involved, no bloodshed; its different from cannibalism - literally, most of the time its either you shrink to be able to fit in a mouth or you fit inside a giant's mouth or something. hence its sometimes affiliated w macrophilia/microhpilia.

i blame griffin mcelroy cz now i know way too much about vore.
We never got to hear the high stakes reward for Phil eating some pumpkin and I am deprived.
same
phil started his channel around 2006, then a year later, a 16yo dan stumbled upon his channel. 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Phil randomly decides Dan "deserves" a sweet. Dan is not sure about the deserving part but he does want sweets.
..........................i mean, perhaps dan has been a very good boye
Ah hah! Thank you for the excellent explanation. From my admittedly short google search I'd concluded it was cannibalism with some anime mixed in, so this makes a lot more sense.

Baby Dan dressing as Phil for Halloween would be cute af, but I don't trust that at 16 Dan's sense of humor and friend group weren't just problematic and cringeworthy.

Also, I had forgotten about the "I've been a good boye" IG story and now I'm :happytears: :happytears: :happytears:
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

ame wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:50 am
Ahahahahaha, incredible!
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

This video was everything I could have hoped for in a replacement to spooky baking, and I think it was the perfect way to end Spooky Week! Here are my highlights:
  • The first thing I noticed is that the length of the video is 20:18. It’s probably just a coincidence, but I like to think that it was intentional.
  • [0:55] Phil’s laugh is super infectious here, and I love it!
    P: Pumpkin carving! Which, apparently, are very heavy fruits. Are they fruits?
    D: I really--
    P: Gourds? Guh…seeds?
    D: Gourd isn’t a…
    P: What is it? Vegetable!
    D: This--This is--This is already getting to his brain, people.
  • [1:28] Dan and Phil both rub their pumpkins...suggestively? Then Dan puts his pumpkin up against his stomach and pretends he’s pregnant.
  • [2:09] Dan bonds with his pumpkin:
    D: Mine’s, like, a bit scaly and ugly.
    P: That’s good!
    D: That’s what my skin looks like when you get closer.
    P: Yeah!
    D: This pumpkin desperately needs an exfoliate. I need a face transplant. I’m really bonding with it already.
  • [3:20] “Nelly” appears on the screen when Dan says, “nelly,” turning an otherwise mundane moment into something I found really funny and worth highlighting. Phil is a master editor.
    D: Woah woah woah woah...nelly.
    P: We’re gonna be--
    D: No no no no no. Rewind.
    P: What?
  • [4:23] But what about tomorrow, Phil?
    D: Cheers.
    *clink knives*
    P: Right. That’s the last time we’re touching knives today.
  • [4:54] Innuendo bingo, anyone?
    P: I’m getting close, Dan. Oof.
  • [5:27] Dan pretends to lick the pumpkin guts attached to the top of his pumpkin. Why is he like this?
  • [5:33] Dan and Phil are so wholesome talking about the miracle of life like this: 😏
    P: Innit crazy that each one of these seeds can be one of these?
    D: Man.
    P: Nature’s crazy!
    D: Plants are crazy, man.
    P: But, I mean, really. We could--We could start a new life as pumpkin growers. Just off this.
    D: Now, here’s a new one for you, Phil.
    P: What?
    D: Testicles.
    P: What about them?
    D: They’re full of seeds. Aren’t they?
    P: How many babies are in us right now? This is--
    D: Flag this.
    P: This was a mistake.
    D: You have a responsibility to flag this.
    P: Just stop. You said testicles!
  • [5:57] Yes, Dan. Phil saying that pumpkin guts are sticky is way worse than you pretending to fist a pumpkin...
    P: Roll up your sleeves. Gotta get in there.
    D: Oh, yeah!
    P: Ugh.
    D: Sleeves are rolled up.
    P: It’s a lot s--
    D: It's time to get deep. *mimes fisting the pumpkin*
    P: --stickier than I remember.
    D: Someone’s just gonna take this video without the video and--
    P: I’m not even trying to be rude.
    D: --just the sound is gonna be disgusting.
  • [6:23] Dan really likes the smell of freshly carved pumpkin. A bold preference, I must say.
    P: Why does it stink so much? It’s a fresh pumpkin!
    D: I--That’s the smell of pumpkins.
    P: Ugh! Doesn’t smell like pumpkin spice.
    D: *sniffs his pumpkin top* I like it!
  • [6:58] How many innuendos can you count in this exchange? :lol:
    P: It’s so wet.
    D: Oh, my God. You’re actually just going in--Phil’s going in raw, people.
    P: I’m going in. Ugh!
    D: More of a delicate, scoopy boy. Here we go.
    P: This is not the satisfying finger sensation that I wanted.
    D: That looks kind of fun, actually.
    P: Wait--Wait for it, though. It’s like the texture...Go right--Go right in.
    D: Oh, yeah! Oh, squeeze it!
    P: It’s so sticky.
    D: Mmm. Yes. Oh, my God. Feel those sinews snap.
    P: Oh, my God. Shut up!
    D: Mmmm. High five, bro.
    P: Bleh!
    D: Mmm.
    P: Ugh!
    D: *barfing noise* It’s nature! This is a raw ass pumpkin. It’s an ass pumpkin.
    P: Yeah.
    D: They’re very unpopular.
  • [7:54] Let’s add in another innuendo, just for good measure.
    P: My arm’s gonna be massive at the end of this.
    D: How’d you get that? “Pumpkin carving!” Right, sure, mate.
  • [7:58] Dan dares Phil to eat some of the pumpkin guts. Phil is down for licking them, but he’s not so sure about eating them. Eventually, Dan convinces him, and he feeds some to Phil. This is just the kind of content I signed up for when I subscribed to AmazingPhil.
  • [8:38] Dan drops the phone recording the video inside his pumpkin, and it lands pointing at him. Then, he says:
    D: Hi! How ya doin’? This is some vore roleplay for the people in the c--Oh, my God! You just stuck your scissors in my eye.
    P: I’m sorry. I forgot they were on my head.
    D: *to camera* Shhh! See you soon.
  • [8:52] I guess we can now safely conclude that Phil is an ass man? I mean, surely you must have a deep appreciation for them if you think someone’s ass can be “beautiful.”
    D: Did you know that pumpkins actually grow sideways, so, therefore, every pumpkin has an ugly side where it grew on the ground--
    P: Oh, really?
    D: --and a smooth side.
    P: Ah.
    D: However, as these are pumpkins that represent us, all the sides are ugly.
    P: Imagine if that was the same with humans, so you’d either have like a really beautiful face or a really beautiful ass.
    D: Thank you for that little comment, Phil.
    P: You know what I mean? You could be, like, ugly face--
  • [9:21] You okay, Dan?
    D: This pumpkin is my self-esteem: empty.
  • [9:31] Dan suggests that they box with the pumpkins, and Phil reluctantly agrees. Dan tries to be rather aggressive, but Phil gives up pretty quickly.
  • [10:07] What does this even mean?
    D: Okay, I don’t know why, but I’m going for my nose first.
    P: Nose first...what?
    D: That’s right. I’m tryin’ to do a nose. That’s how I like to do things: nose first. *crinkles nose*
  • [11:47] Phil tells a story of when he and his friends went trick-or-treating in June. At the end of the story, Dan and Phil say this:
    P: I wore my friend’s mum’s dress.
    D: Wow.
    D: I can’t believe you invented drag.
  • [12:42] Three years ago, hard drugs were off-limits in main channel spooky videos. Look how far we’ve come! Maybe those strippers Dan talked about three years ago will be in 2021’s video...
    D: Alright. There we go. That’s the stuff, right there. *mimes snorting the powder* No?
  • [13:33] Dan puts on a candy necklace, and Phil thinks he looks great. :D
    D: Wow, um, I don’t remember having such a thick neck. That’s really…
    P: It suits you.
    D: It’s literally putting the “choke” in “choker.”
  • [13:57] Dan chews obnoxiously on the candy on his necklace.
  • [14:25] Again, what does this mean?
    P: I’m having some real trouble with my nostrils here.
    D: Are you?
    D: I’ve seen you have a lot of real trouble with your nostrils in real life, Phil.
    P: Thanks.
  • [14:57] Dan screams as he puts his finger through the eye of his pumpkin. The way he vigorously jams his finger into his pumpkin is actually horrifying.
  • [15:39] Dan tells a story of how he and his friends went trick-or-treating when they were about sixteen. He went as a “sexy emo,” and he’s not going to tell any of us what that means. (Thankfully, we all have our imaginations, Google image results for “sexy emo boy,” and I’m sure some forthcoming fan art.)
  • [16:22] If you just focus in on the last line of this quote, Dan actually sounds very sweet and sentimental.
    D: Alright, I’m just gonna stick my fingers in my eyebrows. I’m a fully trained eyebrow technician--
    P: You are.
    D: --by this point.
    P: danisnotonfleek
    D: I wanna be ashamed of you--
    P: That was good!
    D: --but I’m actually really proud of you.
  • [17:12] Dan’s first two reactions to a face that looks like his own are to make out with it, then give it therapy. Interesting.
    D: I would make out with this pumpkin.
    P: Don’t, please.
    D: I would--No, lookin’ at the face. I would give a lot of therapy to this pumpkin. Are you okay?
    P: *strokes pumpkin’s face*
    D: You okay there?
  • [18:00] Why is Dan going to smell? That’s what I’d like to know.
    P: That’s gonna smell in about two hours but--
    D: So am I.
    P: --I love it.
  • [18:12] I think Dan and Phil and that pumpkin might need to get a room...
    P: He is beauty. He is grace. *strokes pumpkin’s face*
    D: He has a better version of my face.
  • [18:33] Yes, conclusion reached: Get a room.
    D: And, wow, have you literally related to a pumpkin more in your entire life? It’s gonna be okay little pump-bro. *caresses pumpkin’s face* Don’t worry.
  • [18:41] It’s all fun and games when Dan points his knife at Phil. But suddenly things are serious when Phil does the same to Dan.
    D: Well, I, for one, am shocked that we managed to do this and not stab ourselves.
    P: There’s still time. [unintelligible] joke.
    D: Calm--Calm down there, bub. Had a bit too much sugar.
  • [19:05] Okay, Dan.
    D: And I think what we made was an honest reflection of who we are.
    P: My child.
    D: A disappointment.
  • [20:14] Dan, I think you need to hear (and internalize) this more than we all do.
    D: And you’re more beautiful than the pumpkin you think you look like.
  • I get the distinct impression that Phil wanted to get this video published as quickly as possible after it finished uploading because there are no social media links in the video description. There’s a link to Dan’s channel, but it’s broken because it contains a typo: “http://youtube/com/danisnotonfire.” Phil did take the time to include links to both the dan and phil shop and the AmazingPhil shop, though. :thumb:
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I have a strong desire to make the edit that they asked for, but I'm pretty sure someone more skilled is already at it. Or should I? It can't be weird if they anticipated it. Or is it weird?
kavat
pastel persona

ame wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:00 am
my point is, im glad that they are more relaxed. sure, theyre not oblivious so they probably know about the "post-monster pop universe" just by snooping around the fandom (i mean, i found it suspicious that theyd wear the same. exact. outfit. AGAIN. for a video...could be a coincidence but yo man, im onto yall :illuminati: :illuminati: :illuminati: ) but i like this "current" them who are more genuine to us and show more organic interactions with each other. i know they probably still have things they keep to themselves but its more of a "we know that you know so, you know?" situation. they reference it, but not feel compelled to actually address it.

i have no expectations for them to outdo themselves but i will welcome it with open arms if they do. they dont have to outdo themselves everytime, its totally fine! i love an open and comfortable dan and phil.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the phrase "post baking universe" coined by Dan himself? I have a vague memory of him saying it in a live show right after the monster pops vid. He also called it weirdly sexual, I think. So they were very much aware of how different that video was and that it would have a lasting impact on how they portray themselves on camera. I agree with you all who say that the mukbang had a similar ground breaking feel to it. Not because it was unusually sexual or queer by 2018 standards, but because how soft and relaxed and honest it felt, and how far from the AP persona it was.

Man, I love 2018. Here's to another great year in the world of Dan and Phil :ribena: