Dan & Phil Part 78: have the courage to exist.

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop
Pronouns: she/her

I felt really uncomfortable with the way they waved the knives around, but now that I know they didn't hurt themselves, I'll probably be able to actually enjoy a rewatch of the video. :?
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

kavat wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:22 am Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the phrase "post baking universe" coined by Dan himself? I have a vague memory of him saying it in a live show right after the monster pops vid. He also called it weirdly sexual, I think.
His exact words were it was a “hot sexual mess” :lol:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

LadyLackless wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:49 am
ame wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:50 am
Dan was a sexy emo and none of us want to know what that was.
phil started his channel around 2006, then a year later, a 16yo dan stumbled upon his channel. 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Ahahahahaha, incredible!
And, I mean...
itasca00 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:10 am [*][18:12] I think Dan and Phil and that pumpkin might need to get a room...
P: He is beauty. He is grace. *strokes pumpkin’s face*
D: He has a better version of my face.
[*][18:33] Yes, conclusion reached: Get a room.
D: And, wow, have you literally related to a pumpkin more in your entire life? It’s gonna be okay little pump-bro. *caresses pumpkin’s face* Don’t worry.
I really needed that morning laugh, ty. (Also love your timestamps, as always.)
LadyLackless wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:54 am
kavat wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:22 am Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the phrase "post baking universe" coined by Dan himself? I have a vague memory of him saying it in a live show right after the monster pops vid. He also called it weirdly sexual, I think.
His exact words were it was a “hot sexual mess” :lol:
Yup Dan himself coined the post baking universe phrase - he called the video a hot sexual mess in a liveshow the next next day and then like a week and a half later he tweeted this.
Winston
flower crown

sgt_meowenstein wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:44 pm am i high or is this the most sexual video anyone has ever made
:lol: my thoughts exactly. I wasn't watching at first and just listening half heartedly but then registered what they were saying and about fell over until I looked at the screen. Thought it was an accidental sex video upload instead. :dead: :dead:
actions speak louder than words
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

What a lovely video. This was the Halloween special I was hoping for. I don't see anything groundbreaking in it at all, this video is in line with the many other post-whatever video's they make. The mix of ingredients is the same and it make for something fabulously tasty if they don't hold back.

They are so good at flirting with us. I loved all the sexual innuendo, the bittersweet relating to the pumpkins, the knives play. Leave it to Dan to somehow get fisting gestures and vore roleplay into one video and still give the whole thing a pretty wholesome vibe with Phil's pumpkin carving tools, tips and sugary treats. The pumpkin bro comment was so sweet too.

I wouldn't read to much into anything they do, they're good at their craft and they know how to pull the fandoms strings. Still, this is why they remain so popular and this is what the people want. So more of these food related vids please. They are genuinely funny if they let out their more uncensored thoughts and bants :D

I totally blame Dan for making me loop this, but I found the pumpkin-cam just such a clever idea to make the interaction appear more personal and intimate. He leans into the cam and gets with his face close to the cam in so many video's it's way past an innocent coincidence ;)
https://loopvideos.com/tG1MnmvMoPo?from=529&to=532
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

Happy PINOF month everybody! :6-year-old dan: :sparkle:

Anyone want to share their predictions for the 10th installment?
I’m not expecting anything ground breaking or spectacular. Like everyone else has said, it seems the mukbang was the big shift this year. Honestly, I’m just hyped to see them tackle a DnP staple with their new 2018 personalities (and we get Quif Phil!!!)
Amiaw
interactive introvert

thestigdrivesamini wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:27 pm Happy PINOF month everybody! :6-year-old dan: :sparkle:

I’m not expecting anything ground breaking or spectacular. Like everyone else has said, it seems the mukbang was the big shift this year. Honestly, I’m just hyped to see them tackle a DnP staple with their new 2018 personalities (and we get Quif Phil!!!)
Dan says he wants to do something special but I have no idea what that could even be?

Maybe having pinof outside of the amazingphil room? Having it on dinof? Maybe having them tell us their favorite moments from pinof 1-9?
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I had to run off just after watching the video last night and when I returned home, I rewatched and went to bed with a smile on my face.

Most people have already covered all of my thoughts on it, with the main one being: Phil. Wow.

A few other points I wanted to note:
  • I don't understand the hubbub around the word "bub"? It ain't that serious, folks (of primarily Twitter and Tumblr).
  • Dan seemed generally in really good, calm spirits. He was still our Dan, but... mildly less obnoxious.
  • Them joking about having successfully not stabbed each other at the end. And Phil's like, "There’s still time……………………… I won’t even joke." This guy has some real deep-seeded fears of hurting his loved ones and that shit... is so sweet.
I just love Phil. I love him a whole damn lot.

Other things I love?
susan2 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:10 amAlso, incase anyone's still in any doubt of how often they use that (beautiful) kitchen - they've been on that same bottle of handwash for over a year now...
Pumpkin Carving / Oct 2018

A Week in the Life / April 2018

Easter Baking / March 2018

Halloween Baking / Oct 2017
THIS! OMG. They're literally so bad at keeping this act together. Though, if I'm honest, I'm not actually sure they're even trying to pretend that's their used kitchen. Even a casual viewer must wonder where all the appliances are.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Amiaw wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:42 pm
thestigdrivesamini wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:27 pm Happy PINOF month everybody! :6-year-old dan: :sparkle:

Dan says he wants to do something special but I have no idea what that could even be?

Maybe having pinof outside of the amazingphil room? Having it on dinof? Maybe having them tell us their favorite moments from pinof 1-9?
They're secretly moving house in November and the special thing will be that it's in Phil's new nostalgic-themed-but-not-a-bedroom filming set? :illuminati:

Okay no, I don't actually think that'll happen. I have a feeling like when Dan said something special he didn't have anything concrete in mind, though - I kind of expect it to be a normal pinof except with the 2018 Dan and Phil attitude toward... generally everything. Though I do think it'll be the most persona heavy thing we see this year just because pinof is like the epitome of the 'dan and phil' brand. (And I might even further predict that there will be some people upset by that.)
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Loved this video, though YT recommended me the mukbang video and queued it up so I ended up rewatching that for the 100th time as well. The pumpkin carving was cute, they were very stationary instead of the usual running around the kitchen and yelling that we get with baking. I enjoyed it a lot though! My halloween paled in comparison so at least I had some festivities to watch! :skeleton:
Ablissa
pastel persona

Hmm interesting. Dan and Phil shop twitter posted earlier that there will be no 2019 calendar or advent calendar this year, but they have now deleted the tweet (obviously people were very sad in replies)
IS THERE HOPE?
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Amiaw wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:42 pm

I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking either and we all know that Dan tends to overhype things. Although now I am laughing while trying to imagine dnp filming pinof somewhere that's not the amazingphil room and not mentioning a damn thing about it. How iconic that would be. Ugh, if only.

Honestly, they should just get high on sugar and film it at 3 am while being sleep deprived and just let hell break loose. They want to do something special for the 10th, there you go. :shrug:

Also, I wonder if we'll get a AP solo video before the year ends (not that I am complaning about the dnp joint content on that channel, far from it actually. But i am curious).
Ablissa wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:03 pm Hmm interesting. Dan and Phil shop twitter posted earlier that there will be no 2019 calendar or advent calendar this year, but they have now deleted the tweet (obviously people were very sad in replies)
IS THERE HOPE?
Ooooh please, let there be the advent calendar AT LEAST. And let's be real, depriving us of 12 HD pics of Phil with a quiff is a crime. What happened to Giving the people what they want, Dan and Phil?
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

glitterintheair wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:18 pm Ooooh please, let there be the advent calendar AT LEAST. And let's be real, depriving us of 12 HD pics of Phil with a quiff is a crime. What happened to Giving the people what they want, Dan and Phil?
Catch me hand crafting my own advent calendar with nothing but screenshots of Phil from the past six months that I print out. I will have that joy if I have to make it my own damn self.
Tottrie
drama llama

A crazy theory for pinof; They are in their actual bedroom, the moon room. :illuminati: :illuminati:

I don't really believe that will happen 😅 I'm more in the 'they will not be in the AP room' corner. Or, they will be in the AP room, but they will have remodeled it to not be a bedroom.
Ablissa
pastel persona

I decided to make a petition for a d&p calendar because I'm not giving up hope yet. You will have to tear it from my cold hands 60 years from now.

So... I guess.. sign please :rofl: :rofl:
https://www.change.org/p/daniel-howell- ... ff-edition

(it took me 5 minutes so I'm not sure if change.org even allows dumb petitions like that, so if it's removed sorry lmao)
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i'll be fine if pinof is just like every year where they're on crack and just having fun in the AP filming set. it'd be funny if they also just had a green screen lmao, or a question like "do the next question in dan's room!" and then another one asking to do something more physicial while they're on dan's bed (like the perfectly set-up one from last year with the switching clothes in the gaming channel room)
so we'll see a few phil items in the moon room if they pan the camera to the side. :devious:
kidding.
i'm not actually thinking it's going to be a huge jaw dropping video (although it isn't wrong to think otherwise!) but my prediction is that they'll recreate a popular moment from pinof 1. i just feel like someone will ask and they will feel comfortable enough to do it. i think it'll top the previous pinof but that would just contradict my whole "nothing too big" theory since i remember how i felt when watching last year's. that was when i went back to being an occasional lurker and fell out of the phandom hype at the time. i just remembered feeling like,,, oh, they are really opening up more, huh? (on top of other things they did publicly that year)
i like the sense of excitement and feeling like a community now that i've been sucked back into a part of it. it shouldn't be something that is stressful, but too much of any emotion- even positive- is stressful. i'm feeling less on edge now with whatever dnp do and i'm loving it. i don't understand why people leave fandoms when they feel like the new found happiness simmers. well, okay i kind of do, im very impulsive and my ADHD brain moves on constantly to hyper focus on one thing and then moves to another when it isn't interesting enough.
but we're still getting new daily content of dnp no matter what or who it's from. there are talented content creators inside the phandom that satisfy other people in the phandom with various art.
this one post has turned into multiple discussions with myself. oops.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
Amiaw
interactive introvert

This post has absolutely nothing to add to the existing conversation and is in fact completely useless but I saw this tweet on my timeline
and it immediately made me think of this
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Sorry for the double post. It looks llle the whole tweet thread isn’t showing up for my earlier post. It was showing up when I posted it so idk.

But serious question - do dnp do the shopping and decorate for spooky week or is it something they have their PA handle?
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

Amiaw wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:25 pm Sorry for the double post. It looks llle the whole tweet thread isn’t showing up for my earlier post. It was showing up when I posted it so idk.

But serious question - do dnp do the shopping and decorate for spooky week or is it something they have their PA handle?
Their PA? (chortles) London isn't LA; I'm pretty sure DnP still do their own shopping and whatnot. I'd guess they ordered all the Spooky Week stuff online. (Except the pumpkins, those they had to purchase in a real life shop)
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

sapienveneficus wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:36 pm
Amiaw wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:25 pm Sorry for the double post. It looks llle the whole tweet thread isn’t showing up for my earlier post. It was showing up when I posted it so idk.

Their PA? (chortles) London isn't LA; I'm pretty sure DnP still do their own shopping and whatnot. I'd guess they ordered all the Spooky Week stuff online. (Except the pumpkins, those they had to purchase in a real life shop)
Yeah I'm pretty sure that they just order stuff online. Phil definitely seems like the type who really enjoys a good online shopping binge, and this is a perfect excuse.
Ablissa
pastel persona

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:23 pm
sapienveneficus wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:36 pm

Yeah I'm pretty sure that they just order stuff online. Phil definitely seems like the type who really enjoys a good online shopping binge, and this is a perfect excuse.
This. I'm also of the opinion that they probably order their groceries a lot of the time too (which we've seen before). Maybe the pumpkins, but probably not, they would have wanted to see if it's a nice pumpkin first.
Winston
flower crown

Phil did a whole excited commentary about how they can order things (a pot or a pan at the time) and it would be delivered the same day. It was in a live show in the old apartment. So yeah I am pretty sure they buy almost everything online. I bet they even buy some or most of their food online. Phil loves his eBay late night shopping binges as we know and he has talked about Amazon on at least a few occasions. Dan in the past has talked about shopping for clothes online.

The pumpkins from the gaming room couch were in the kitchen for conjoined baking so they have had those a while. (which I think is adorable, because it would have been easy to just get rid of them. Instead of packing them up and find a storage place for them. I doubt they cost too much, but they have held on to them regardless. )

as for the decorating, I can't imagine they have someone else do it. They have never used any decorating help for anything in their lives. (Even though I wish they would hire a decorator so their apartments looked less like a teenager's bedroom or a doctor's office waiting room) If they did get assistance for any of their decorating, said decorator is probably related to Fabrice, just saying... :onfire:
actions speak louder than words
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

@kavat dang, how could i have forgotten that. of course dan coined the term as expected of the founder and president of the phan club

pinof 10 predictions:

- they film it in the storage AP room with the same familiar background (tho they did say they wanna do something special so maybe...)
- they film it in the AP room but now its rearranged into something else?
- they film it in the real moon room and either they just vaguely acknowledge it in the beginning then shrug or they dont at all, then just continue w the usual format
- they answer the questions from pinof 1 as themselves now, then compare
- they wear the same clothes as pinof 1 as a homage to it
- they film it the usual way then they give us a surprise at the end ala. phil lovingly tackling dan style
"you are next to me in my life"
fieldoflovers
living flop

hector is such a mood, i honestly did not mind it as much as other people until i was scrolling the #GBBOFinal hashtag and saw a tweet from Mr. Danyiff.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

ame wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:02 am pinof 10 predictions:

- they film it in the storage AP room with the same familiar background (tho they did say they wanna do something special so maybe...)
- they film it in the AP room but now its rearranged into something else?
- they film it in the real moon room and either they just vaguely acknowledge it in the beginning then shrug or they dont at all, then just continue w the usual format
- they answer the questions from pinof 1 as themselves now, then compare
- they wear the same clothes as pinof 1 as a homage to it
- they film it the usual way then they give us a surprise at the end ala. phil lovingly tackling dan style
I find "recreate X" suggestions pretty cringe, but I really like the idea of having the same questions as the original pinof, but answering them afresh. Of course, an interesting issue would be whether they would ask them in the original order and then edit them into the same order as in the original video (as we all know, Phil edited the scenes in pinof--of which there are many--into a very different order, in a fashion that I believe Dan has referred to as "hypnotic").

They would also need to add in modern versions of the non-questions scenes: Dan doing some yoga instead of walking the treadmill; and hey, a little apartment tour to show the holes into neighboring apartments and the spooky corners where murders probably happened.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."