Dan & Phil Part 78: have the courage to exist.

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
sparkle
blobfish
Pronouns: she/her

PINOF predictions based on this year:

- at this point like the only way it could get more homoerotic would be Dan and Phil sex tape 2.0

:rainbow:
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I know it's fun to think about predictions, but...
I saw some of you were a bit "disappointed" with the Halloween video because it wasn't 1-upping things anymore.

We should consider that they have reached a new level of comfort in front of the camera and will stay there now and simply continue to produce entertainment. As Dan said, he doesn't have a plan. I don't think they have a big "coming out" plan and every video is a step on the way.

Look forward to and enjoy Pinof for the weird, random xD video it is. And not because it's an arbitrary anniversary which must equal a big step in some mysterious master plan.
kavat
pastel persona

LtrllySusan wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:49 am I know it's fun to think about predictions, but...
I saw some of you were a bit "disappointed" with the Halloween video because it wasn't 1-upping things anymore.

We should consider that they have reached a new level of comfort in front of the camera and will stay there now and simply continue to produce entertainment. As Dan said, he doesn't have a plan. I don't think they have a big "coming out" plan and every video is a step on the way.

Look forward to and enjoy Pinof for the weird, random xD video it is. And not because it's an arbitrary anniversary which must equal a big step in some mysterious master plan.
I agree with this. It's easy to expect more and more or to see every little thing as foreshadowing or a clue about the future. We are so used to consuming fictional stories with a narrative, a beginning, a middle and an end, that it's easy to apply that to deppy's life. I often see the idea that they're building up to something which makes my skin itch, because this is not a movie that ends in a satisfying culmination and then the main characters live happily ever after.

But like, I get it, because sometimes their story seems like a romcom. They have a cute story of how they met, they have the conflict that tested their relationship, and they've come back from that stronger than ever. In that sense they are in the happily ever after-part, but real life doesn't really work that way. Real life always has ups and downs, big ones and small ones. We're used to analyzing media were a small comment or plot point is a clue to a bigger conflict in the future, but that's not how real life works.

I'm probably not making a lot of sense, but my point is that we should be very happy with what we get, and while I also enjoy speculating (I loved being right about the pumpkin carving), having expectations of some big leap or gesture will just leave you disappointed in some way. At the end of the day they are humans just like us.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

@kavat, you worded that so much better than I could have ever done! :stan:
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Phwndom Gives: Giveaway for Phils 32nd birthday

Exciting news! Thanks to Dan and Phil and the wonderful people at Dan and Phil Shop we now have some amazing items to giveaway. All you have to do it donate to Phils 32nd birthday drive bit.ly/PG-Phil32 for Make A Wish UK to be in to win.

If you donate more than £2 to the birthday drive you will be in to win one of the following:
  • Amazing Phil fox sweater (in the choice of size of the winner)
  • Daniel Howell Don’t talk to me longsleeve (in the choice of size of the winner)
  • Dan and Phil Pixel People T-shirt (in the choice of size of the winner)
  • Dan and Phil pixel backpack
  • Dan and Phil llama hat
  • Dan and Phil Lion hat
  • Dan and Phil Whiskers Mug
  • Dan and Phil pixel mug
  • Dan and Phil Galaxy stationery set
If you donate more than £10 you will also be in to win:
  • Dan and Phil signed blossom poster
  • Dan and Phil signed photo poster
Pics and details for all items are available on https://www.danandphilshop.com/ https://www.amazingphilshop.com/ or https://shop.danielhowell.com/

To be entered into the draw you need to:
  • Donate £2 or more to Phils birthday drive
  • If you donate £10 or more you will also be eligible for the signed items
  • Include your username and social media platform in your name or message so I can contact you via DM
  • Donate by midnight BST on 30 January 2019 (that means all the donations will be by the end of Phil’s birthday in the UK)
  • If you have previously donated and meet these criteria you are eligible. Please go back and add your username and social media platform. Further information how is available on the justgiving website. If that doesn’t work for you, please contact @phandomgives on twitter or instagram with the name you used and the amount you donated. This will help me match you against the records and then you will be entered into the draw.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
bestfriendsclub
dank meme

Does anyone else think PINOF 10 is going to be the last one ever? I will actually cry my whiskers off if it is, but I just have a hunch because of all the re-branding, and the whole thing with PINOF was that Danisnotonfire was on AmazingPhil's channel, but now he's on his channel all the time anyway, and Dan isn't even Danisnotonfire anymore... And Dan said that thing about series, and Phil said maybe mukbangs would be a new tradition, and I saw someone say they wouldn't mind if they replaced PINOF with a mukbang every year... I might be just looking for clues to confirm something I don't want to happen. I'd be happy if they kept doing PINOF forever even when Phil's soul is implanted into a TV remote, but maybe, :tinfoil: the reason Dan said it has to be special is not because it's an anniversary, but because it's the finale.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

bestfriendsclub wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:11 pm Does anyone else think PINOF 10 is going to be the last one ever? I will actually cry my whiskers off if it is, but I just have a hunch because of all the re-branding, and the whole thing with PINOF was that Danisnotonfire was on AmazingPhil's channel, but now he's on his channel all the time anyway, and Dan isn't even Danisnotonfire anymore... And Dan said that thing about series, and Phil said maybe mukbangs would be a new tradition, and I saw someone say they wouldn't mind if they replaced PINOF with a mukbang every year... I might be just looking for clues to confirm something I don't want to happen. I'd be happy if they kept doing PINOF forever even when Phil's soul is implanted into a TV remote, but maybe, :tinfoil: the reason Dan said it has to be special is not because it's an anniversary, but because it's the finale.
I don't think it'll be the last one. The rebranding has been very obviously things that Dan and Phil have grown out of, things they tried to distance themselves from or that we could all see just didn't quite fit anymore. With pinof there is nothing but fondness there. Just watch them rewatching pinof 1 in the Giving the People What They Want video; if they were going to seed the idea of this pinof ending, that would have been the time. Or even in the recent liveshow - they could have mentioned pinof ten being something that would have an end, but they didn't. Instead they just grinned and talked about how many years it's been. I understand worrying because you don't know what they're going to evolve away from next, I just think pinof means as much to them as it does to us (in a different, but still meaningful way) and I don't think they feel the need to kill the things they love and they still love that tradition.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:28 pm
bestfriendsclub wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:11 pm Does anyone else think PINOF 10 is going to be the last one ever? I will actually cry my whiskers off if it is, but I just have a hunch because of all the re-branding, and the whole thing with PINOF was that Danisnotonfire was on AmazingPhil's channel, but now he's on his channel all the time anyway, and Dan isn't even Danisnotonfire anymore... And Dan said that thing about series, and Phil said maybe mukbangs would be a new tradition, and I saw someone say they wouldn't mind if they replaced PINOF with a mukbang every year... I might be just looking for clues to confirm something I don't want to happen. I'd be happy if they kept doing PINOF forever even when Phil's soul is implanted into a TV remote, but maybe, :tinfoil: the reason Dan said it has to be special is not because it's an anniversary, but because it's the finale.
I don't think it'll be the last one. The rebranding has been very obviously things that Dan and Phil have grown out of, things they tried to distance themselves from or that we could all see just didn't quite fit anymore. With pinof there is nothing but fondness there. Just watch them rewatching pinof 1 in the Giving the People What They Want video; if they were going to seed the idea of this pinof ending, that would have been the time. Or even in the recent liveshow - they could have mentioned pinof ten being something that would have an end, but they didn't. Instead they just grinned and talked about how many years it's been. I understand worrying because you don't know what they're going to evolve away from next, I just think pinof means as much to them as it does to us (in a different, but still meaningful way) and I don't think they feel the need to kill the things they love and they still love that tradition.
I want to add on to this and preface that, for a while, I thought pinof 10 could be the end too, but I agree with all of the above so much and also think it's worth noting that pinof is the biggest thing they do. It's the thing they're most famous for and fans are most attached to.

I say this because I really think it should be highlighted that ending it would be a bombshell bigger than them moving, so they'd have had to start hinting at it a long time ago. I'd have expected Dan to pull some shit like, "PINOF 10.... that's a big one huh? A nice number. Feels like we've come full circle..." as he taps on his chin and looks off in the distance. And so forth and so on. Basically, if they were going to stop pinof, I genuinely think that on this day November 2nd, 2018, we'd already know, ya know?

So, I'm #TeamPINOFContinues

Will it forever continue in Phil's farce of a bedroom? Probs not. I hope not anyway. In some capacity, it's gotta grow with them.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

rizzo wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:24 pmWill it forever continue in Phil's farce of a bedroom? Probs not. I hope not anyway. In some capacity, it's gotta grow with them.
This, definitely. I think it might grow with them (change in location, the humor and style will continue to always slightly reflect the place they are with each other/with us as an audience - as it always has) but I don't think they're getting rid of it at all.
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Yay Phil liked the giveaway tweet!

Also is there a way to show that using the twitter embed or do you just do screenshots?
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
glitterintheair
phillluminati

While I'm all in for new traditions and series, I'm also #TeamPinofContinues.

It's important to remember that Pinof is not just a random series. Like Dan said once, it's Dan and Phil's origin story. There's so much meaning and fondness in that series because of that; it's the thing most people know them for, it's a series dear to the fandom and dnp seem to still enjoy making those videos, therefore I can't imagine it coming to an end, especially without any warning first.
It's true that Dan and Phil are getting away from their old branding but Pinof doesn't need to be an old branding thing. It can grow and change with them - just look at the difference between any of their old Pinofs and the most recent one, for example.
However, I am pretty sure it will be still filmed in the AP bedroom (if it still exists. Or was it an hallucination all along? :illuminati: )not only this year, but as long as they will stay in their current apartment.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I feel it imperative to point out that, while Phil has changed his icon and header back, Dan has not.... Problematic fave, indeed.
obvsly
#relatable

lilabet wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:41 pm Yay Phil liked the giveaway tweet!

Also is there a way to show that using the twitter embed or do you just do screenshots?
Congrats!!! I donated right after I saw your previous post up there. Hope we can surpass last year's number! :love2:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

lilabet wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:41 pm Yay Phil liked the giveaway tweet!

I think you have to screenshot. :( But it's awesome that he liked it!!
Ablissa
pastel persona

:babuse: #SPON :babuse:

We're having another one of our IDB watch parties this Sunday (November 4th)! We're meeting up at 1 PM UTC and 7 PM UTC, but as always, you can join us throughout the day. More info here: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1558
We'll be comparing their first baking video and latest baking video, so it should be lots of fun! :ribena:

If you want to help us spread the word to the rest of the phandom, you can do so here - it helps a lot! tumblr/twitter

We are also planning a PINOF marathon for Sunday, November 25th, so instead of marathoning on your own, why don't you join us then? :D
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

sparkle wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:02 am PINOF predictions based on this year:

- at this point like the only way it could get more homoerotic would be Dan and Phil sex tape 2.0

:rainbow:
I still think about poor old Nigel clicking on that video and being affronted by “congratulations, you’ve just won a copy of me and Phil’s sex tape”. 2009 was a wild time
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I support him living his truth like this
glitterintheair
phillluminati

obsessivelymoody wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:23 pm I support him living his truth like this
I respect Dan's chaotic gemini energy.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Dan converting to full-time furry would be very cute.

Wouldn't work so well with my new dream of them following a drag makeup tutorial, but embracing furrydom full time is more realistic anyway (it would be amazing, though, especially if they really tried and had a pro show them how).
Ablissa
pastel persona

I don't think they will ever fully embrace it and be open with it, but they're definitely both into it, and I'm surprised at the amount of people being surprised or doubtful. It's not like this is the first time Dan has mentioned furry related stuff. He does it all the time. It's not like a running joke anymore, it's just a thing he does, and underneath that joke there is genuine interest. To what degree, I dunno. But it's definitely there, and yet some people on tumblr are acting like he is being weird and/or funny for the sake of it. Which he is, but that's beside the point.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Every social media platform I'm on is just talking about Dan and Phil being furries and the panic-rebuttal I'm seeing from some people is hilarious. I fall on the side of what @Ablissa just said - I don't think Dan's capable of a decade long 'running joke' about something unless there's a genuine undercurrent. If the furry thing were just out and out a joke he'd have tossed it the way of llamas and Delia Smith long ago.
hello9217
flower crown

I don't know why people are making a big deal about the furry thing or a big deal about trying to prove dan is not a furry. Like dan can make jokes about finding men attractive and people say "oh it's so nice to see how far dan has come and to see how comfortable he has gotten to say something like that." However this joke that dan has been saying since as early as 2010, 2009 if you want to count that post where he says phil turned him into a furry, means absolutely nothing. Idk just seems kind of odd to only take parts of what dan jokes about and fit into your own narrative of who he is as a person and anything else that you may not understand/like just gets shoved in the corner and dismissed as nothing but a joke.
knq
lava lamp

I’m surprised that more people weren’t anticipating Dan keeping the layout for awhile. His last tweet on the day he changed his profile hinted pretty strongly:
I think it’d be cute if he went back to UwU and ROLFing in some tweets. He seems to have fun with it and it’s a benign way to get people to respond with the ‘stop I hate it’ kind of attitude he thrives on.
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

I find it hillarious how people still think Dan is a furry while he's been joking about it for so long. It's Dan, irony and sarcasm are his shield and second nature. This tweets clearly sarcastic imo, and so was most of the furry banter they talked about.
He's not even that original there's plenty of internet humor of people joking about aspects of furry culture.
I think he both likes to voice his support of furry people and their right to pursue their hobby/lifestyle and mocks other aspects of it. That's why he likes to entertain his audience with using the vernacular (Uwu give me some nozzles, let's yiff etc..) and using furry icons and backgrounds. And now he's taking at piss at all the people who are trying to pressure him in changing his background.
Maybe when he's tired of red dead redemption or something ;)
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

hello9217 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:58 pm I don't know why people are making a big deal about the furry thing or a big deal about trying to prove dan is not a furry. Like dan can make jokes about finding men attractive and people say "oh it's so nice to see how far dan has come and to see how comfortable he has gotten to say something like that." However this joke that dan has been saying since as early as 2010, 2009 if you want to count that post where he says phil turned him into a furry, means absolutely nothing. Idk just seems kind of odd to only take parts of what dan jokes about and fit into your own narrative of who he is as a person and anything else that you may not understand/like just gets shoved in the corner and dismissed as nothing but a joke.
THIS. thank you for putting it into words. i do think dan is interesting in it, on which level, i don't know, why would i, but i think we do need to consider it, to take it into account. like why would it be that incredible? it is totally possible.
so yeah +1000 to this and especially the bolded part.
:gayaf: