Dan & Phil Part 78: have the courage to exist.

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple
Pronouns: She/her

A surprise joint liveshow?
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

CapriciousCrab wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:34 pm A surprise joint liveshow?
for posterity:
i didn't know this was what i needed today, but this is definitely what i need today.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

This liveshow is just giving me all kinds of nice feelings already. The bow tugging story?? Also how close was Phil standing to Dan and what was he doing besides that, that Dan didn't even notice?

Also the words "annual tradition" are beautiful. And confirmation of pinof 10, just in case anyone was panicking that they might randomly end it!
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

ah, missed the first 20 mins :(
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

fuck that show was cute. the hoodie bow situation. the office binging through tour. phil's love for the shirtlessness in riverdale. all the wewewewewe.

i loved.

eta: them saying pinof might even be early december makes me feel like tbc may be in november??? #theories
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

So no Halloween baking, but we're getting something else. Maybe they listened and they're carving pumpkins?! :pumpkinphil: :pumpkinphil:
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
Ablissa
pastel persona

I loved this live show, they were very sweet and cute. <3
Has Phil confirmed or denied going up north? I missed the first few sentences due to flash being lame. Also, I'm sorry, but younow works worse for me than rize did at the end there... keeps glitching.
liola
rankussy

That was a beautiful liveshow I can't believe how full my heart is. Everyone that doesn't think these two are as committed as is physically and emotionally possible is wrong. The boyfriend advice was just the cherry on top

Also
alittledizzy wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:19 pm This liveshow is just giving me all kinds of nice feelings already. The bow tugging story?? Also how close was Phil standing to Dan and what was he doing besides that, that Dan didn't even notice?

Also the words "annual tradition" are beautiful. And confirmation of pinof 10, just in case anyone was panicking that they might randomly end it!
That's literally the first thought I had. How fucking cute my god
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
flarequake
not an airport stalker

That was sweet. I’m too tired to think of much specifically to say. Shame they’re not doing VidCon London. Is it too boring, too stressful, not enough pals also going? Phil was cute especially in bow-ruining mode. Also those songs he sang, the second one got some good baritone exposure. He goes there so rarely, I take my aural pleasure where I can ;)
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

What a nice liveshow. Such a lovely surprise, even though it tripped me out for a second because it's been actual years since we've had a Sunday liveshow. I took some lazy notes under the cut too because it was just so domestic right from the start I couldn't help myself.
-they've had a fight? we're like 2 mins in it's already so domestic
-this bow story is so, so cute. what were they doing where Phil was close enough to pull it and Dan didn't notice until he looked in a mirror?
-oh tbc mention?
-Dan threw Phil off a chair? Right okay. I'm intrigued for that gaming video
-lmao they really can't ever keep anything to themselves. Always dropping hints about their projects
-"our pals at BBC studios" Phil you wound me
-kidnap edition lol
-What the hell was that jinx thing? cute cheek pinch anyway
-Phil asking for a hint about Dan's spooky twitter layout was too cute
-Annual mukbang?? yes please. or like, more frequently too, that'd be nice
-Phil's husband returns. I love this song
-I would like to see them boxing pls
-Phil's job interview advice is...interesting
-Cute eye spray moment
-I like that they recognised it's only been 9 years despite going in with 10 on their minds again
-Dan about pinof 10: "it's gonna have to be special"
-Christmas baking confirmed?? I'm thinking yes
-No vidcon next year. Interesting...tinfoil moving theories hat is firmly on
-Phil has some notes about the art
-Phil casually listening to the music Dan's listening to to form an opinion will never not be endearing
-Domestic brunch talk :')
-Phil singing is a lot
-I love the uwu talk
-P: "is Gos distracting" god I love 2018 Phil
-interesting tangent from Venom talk. Curious about why Phil went on that tangent. The sleep thing after was funny
-Big agree on how it feels to finish the Office ahh
-Synced crunchyroll spon
-bye bc Phil wants food lol
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple

Phil untying Dan's bow, then bold-face lying about it? Then trying to make amends by tying the bow? That's pretty freaking cute. :love2:

No Halloween baking, does this mean Christmas baking is likely? I want them to make mince pies lol
ratlad
angel bean

i missed the bow tugging story )-: !! grr can someone pls fill me in
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

i keep seeing that there's no halloween baking but where did they say that? i missed it
hello9217
flower crown

rizzo wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:41 pm fuck that show was cute. the hoodie bow situation. the office binging through tour. phil's love for the shirtlessness in riverdale. all the wewewewewe.

i loved.

eta: them saying pinof might even be early december makes me feel like tbc may be in november??? #theories
My first guess was that the lester florida trip will be then, since they sometimes go around october/november, so they just won't commit to anything in november until they know.
@sugar they said no halloween baking in the ls but they will do something else, which i took to mean christmas baking
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

thanks @hello9217, i know they said it in the ls but i can't seem to find where. does anyone have a timestamp?
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I loved this live show. There was so much content - spooky week, pinof, mukbangs possibly becoming a new annual tradition - it all just left me feeling very fond
Ablissa wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:42 pm I loved this live show, they were very sweet and cute. <3
Has Phil confirmed or denied going up north? I missed the first few sentences due to flash being lame. Also, I'm sorry, but younow works worse for me than rize did at the end there... keeps glitching.
Phil didn’t mention anything about being up North but I’m still :tinfoil: about it because they didn’t talk about what they’ve been up to since the art gallery and Dan made a couple of northern references along with their little exchange about Kath.
susan2
rainbow nerd

sugar wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:06 pm thanks @hello9217, i know they said it in the ls but i can't seem to find where. does anyone have a timestamp?
It's at 16:45 on the recording on Phil's tumblr
autumnhearth
senpai

@obsessivelymoody Sigh, they knew it was nine years, but they still don’t know why/how math/time works and I guess that’s okay, but I just want to sit them down and explain. I loved the bow tying as a story, but even more as a present thing, like Phil offering again to tie it and actually doing it while Dan says he can’t even tie his shoe laces and then it being vertical, bless. Love that Phil said Riverdale was made for him, right after talking about all the shirtless content. And the low key vs high key boyfriend discussion. I don’t recall if the gender of the commentor was obvious or not, but Dan definitely made it boyfriends. I’m surprised but pleased that we’ll be getting a gaming video before Wednesday, I would think tomorrow. Also I love The Office, glad they got to experience that. Nice to just curl up and listen to them, as I’ve been feeling very down for the last 24 hours.
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

The liveshow was a nice surprise but their behavior and facial expressions felt a bit forced a time. I like the more relaxed vibe of the solo shows.
I guess there's no baking special coming for Halloween :-/ But pinof 10 got confirmed and it's gonna be a good one - no pressure indeed :lol: .
I hope if Dan and or Phil want to make any family trips or celibrate birthdays, they can keep it private. If they want to share their trip that's great but otherwise it's just annoying to see a bunch of people judge their private and family relationships. That's one aspect they clearly like to shield off from the public.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
glitterintheair
phillluminati

The liveshow was so nice and they were gross as always - I'm absolutely devastated over the whole bow thing and I'm not sure I will ever recover from it.
I really hope mukbang videos will be an annual thing (but i wouldn't mind if they made them for than once a year tbh) and I LIVED for all the 'we' 'us' 'our' we got. They share a life together and there's nothing you can do about it.
I'm so excited for whatever they planned for halloween since there's no Baking. Pumpking carving? Making halloween customes Jenna Marbles-style? I'm intrigued.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
knq
lava lamp

That was very sweet. :prideheart: I love that Dan kept the cute little bowtie on his hoodie from the store and Phil tugged on it without knowing how sacred it was, and now they’re both ‘upset.’ That was cute as fuck.

Their storytelling, which seemed to include Phil seeing Dan standing there and untying the bow, presumably on Dan’s hoodie while he was standing, but then Dan not knowing the bow was untied and needing to go into another room to see it was very them. I honestly find it endearing the way they tell stories and then just change things or contradict what they’ve just said as they’re telling the story. It seems like a weird thing to find endearing. I guess they’ve broken me.

Please let pumpkin carving be the special thing they are doing! Phil liked a fan art of them carving pumpkins a few days ago. :candycorn: :blowingleaves: :candycorn:

I’m mildly concerned about Phil getting knocked down in the next gaming video. If Dan knocks his own chair over during spooky week so that they’re ‘even’ on chair related injuries, I just want to be able to say I called it. I don’t think he’ll do that though.

After the first few minutes the whole liveshow just felt domestic and relaxed and fun. I’m glad Dan found the mukbang fun; I still had lingering concerns and am reassured.

Also Phil sang, Dan knew what Phil ordered for lunch, Dan knocked like three things off the coffee table off screen, and they’re not getting pizza today and Phil is disappointed.
ratlad
angel bean

ok i got more context for the bowtie story- just wow! wow. can we discuss this some more? i watched the clip and i agree what was said before, how did dan not notice and what were they even doing in that moment? and dan walked into the room (i assume bedroom) to look in the mirror (again, i assume) and phil feeling bad and tried fixing it?? that's what i got from it anyway.
gosh darn that's precious. :happytears:
Phantasy
woodland creature

ratlad wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:02 pm ok i got more context for the bowtie story- just wow! wow. can we discuss this some more? i watched the clip and i agree what was said before, how did dan not notice and what were they even doing in that moment? and dan walked into the room (i assume bedroom) to look in the mirror (again, i assume) and phil feeling bad and tried fixing it?? that's what i got from it anyway.
“Standing there” more like having a lazy afternoon cuddle on the couch when Phil idly (or perhaps mischievously) loosened the bow.... how else would you not notice until later?!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Phantasy wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:13 am
ratlad wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:02 pm ok i got more context for the bowtie story- just wow! wow. can we discuss this some more? i watched the clip and i agree what was said before, how did dan not notice and what were they even doing in that moment? and dan walked into the room (i assume bedroom) to look in the mirror (again, i assume) and phil feeling bad and tried fixing it?? that's what i got from it anyway.
“Standing there” more like having a lazy afternoon cuddle on the couch when Phil idly (or perhaps mischievously) loosened the bow.... how else would you not notice until later?!
oooh! cuddle on the couch is a situation i didn't consider. i like this POV!

i feel like i'm spending a lot of brain energy trying to figure out how phil loosened the bow while the hoodie was on dan, but dan was unable to look down and see what had happened. like, this really limits potential scenarios..... :hmmm:
greenergrass
stress mushroom

just catching up with the liveshow now and I'm only part way through it, but I actually love when dan talks about riverdale. He always manages to voice my exact opinions on the show. Not hating on the show, but I love that he has the same confusion as me over the show as to what it's trying to do and if it's supposed to be taking itself seriously or not. I don't think I've ever been so confused over a show about what its intended vibes are supposed to be, and I'm glad dan shares that same confusion.

(also, glad to know phil's in it for the shirtless men lol)