Dan & Phil Part 78: have the courage to exist.

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

(gif credit: sebstian-stan)

:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

some posts from the last thread for information;
DryCereal wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:52 pm https://www.amazon.ca/Dan-and-Phil-2018 ... YIK6Y9EEQB

Dec 11th.
dancy wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:32 am I'm so excited for this video!!! I don't particularly care for the eating that will be taking place but the fact that we get to hear them having a long and casual yet deep chat has got me pumped!

Regarding the II DVD, I do have a DVD player but I think I'd rather have a digital download. In the Amazon link at the top of the page there's a picture of the cover, as well as info about the extra concent, consisting of the director's commentary of course and also a deleted scene (wonder what that's all about? Is that the tour Q&A they said they were gonna do?) and an interactive simulation game.
I'm guessing they inserted both Dan and Phil's simulation games from the show and you can now make your own choices to see the different endings? Does that work on a DVD/Blu-ray?

BBC, eh?
mintsans wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:25 am
Ataraxia25 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:48 am
missemma wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:54 am Regarding us always knowing stuff before D&P tell us, I mean for the DVD they pretty much put it out there for us to see given that they decided to leave it in the picture Dan posted on insta, conveniently leaving the pg12 portion of the DVD on show. If they didn’t want us to find anything then they’d make sure it was completely out of view. Don’t tell me they don’t scrutinise pictures before they post them just to make sure certain things are hidden away because they know exactly what we are like 😂 it builds hype for them anyways.
yes, that, i was just thinking about it. They did leave the dvd on the table and we can see it on the picture so was it completely intentional? if yes, what was the purpose? to make tonight's announcement less of a annoucement ? to ease us into it? to make sure nobody freaks out? idk man.
After the whole massacre that was the TABINOF trailer they must have learned how terrible we are as a fandom at getting surprised and how we much prefer to be made to feel like we are ~insiders~ when we find out things on our own.

And it’s a fact that they do plant little clues of things, they’ve admitted to doing it before so
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Aww, these gifs are lovely, I’m glad this title won. He was so sweet talking about it in the liveshow, it was lovely to hear that he’d been thinking about that line for years.
kindofatrashcan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: She/Her

I'm so hyped for the video later today.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I’m super hyped for the video, I can only hope they got up at 7am to edit it ready for later.
DryCereal
koi pond

missemma wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:12 pm I’m super hyped for the video, I can only hope they got up at 7am to edit it ready for later.
More likely that they stayed UP til 7am to edit it, rather than get up that early... :D

I am hyped to hear more about the DVD/Blue Ray, and I'm up for "long, casual discussion video" despite casual seemingly being a completely foreign concept to these two on camera if it's not live... - BUT. BUT.

I really don't want to see/hear them eating on camera ever ever again. I'd honestly rather have "the amazing platonic bus tour is not on fire 2.0". :backawayslowly:
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
Tottrie
drama llama

I was looking on imdb for the Interactive introverts movie but I stumbled upon something else. In the bio for Dan and Phil it says they are husbands. Who wrote that? 😂
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Tottrie wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:51 pm I was looking on imdb for the Interactive introverts movie but I stumbled upon something else. In the bio for Dan and Phil it says they are husbands. Who wrote that? 😂
Lmao that's hilarious. I wonder what fan got a hold of that page before anyone else.

Also for as much as I hope they're doing a mukbang (and I'm quite sure it must be from what everyone's pointed out), I also don't want to hear any chewing/mouth noises because they really gross me out. I like watching Jenna and Julien's mukbangs because they cut most of that out, and they don't talk with their mouths full, so I hope it's something like their's.
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

Annd the Amazon link is down. Guess the preorder wasn't supposed to be available yet?
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Ye gods, the imdb page really does say that, and that Dan's nickname is "tall lesbian" while Phil's is "smol sunshine bean" :facepalm2: jfc, phandom, we can't take you anywhere :backawayslowly:
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

obsessivelymoody wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:59 pm
Tottrie wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:51 pm I was looking on imdb for the Interactive introverts movie but I stumbled upon something else. In the bio for Dan and Phil it says they are husbands. Who wrote that? 😂
Lmao that's hilarious. I wonder what fan got a hold of that page before anyone else.

Also for as much as I hope they're doing a mukbang (and I'm quite sure it must be from what everyone's pointed out), I also don't want to hear any chewing/mouth noises because they really gross me out. I like watching Jenna and Julien's mukbangs because they cut most of that out, and they don't talk with their mouths full, so I hope it's something like their's.
half of me feels that they (or at least dan) are aware of this cz if i remember on that indian breakfast review dan did on his insta story, he read comments from people about his chewing noises and he promptly apologized and did the filming format differently on the next one.....so assuming they remembered that, theyll probably either actively try to make less chewing noise and more bants or theyll try to edit it out.
"you are next to me in my life"
fancybum
senpai

Yeah I don't know why people are focusing so hard on the food thing - we've seen them eat in liveshows, gaming videos, baking videos. If that bothers you in general, okay, sucks, but worrying they're going to chew into the microphone or something I think is unnecessary lol. They're too proper for that (unless Dan feels like being obnoxious, but I hope he doesn't). I guess the "point" of a mukbang is supposed to be about the food (originally?) but the way people tend to go about them (at least people who aren't strictly mukbang channels or something and committed to doing gross food noises) on YT is like, it's a sit down and chat while eating thing. It's just supposed to give a vibe of hanging out with friends over a meal, talking about whatever. I'm just hoping for a more casual experience than their joint liveshows, where they're so "on", but I guess we'll have to see what Phil thinks "casual" means. Also I wonder what he considers "long"? 20mins? 40? Or is he going to edit it down to like 15, he better not.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Amazon link is back up with a picture now, and it says December 10th instead of the 11th. I really, really wish the fringe died before the ii promo photos :(
sparkle
blobfish

Guess who is having a mental health sick day from work! (Lol I've had like 7 hours sleep in two days and I just couldn't today - I've had a bath and watched Frozen instead) so this video couldn't be better timed.

I would love for it to be a mukbang. I like watching Shabe do them. I like eating because it's social so that would be my dream.

If Phil decides a 'long' video is 10 minutes 2 seconds I'm going to be so annoyed :D please let it be at least 15-20 minutes
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Interesting!! http://danandphiltour.com/

Edit: it's a good thing I don't care about the extra crap because shipping from the us danandphil shop so the dvd would work in North American dvd player is $20. I'd rather use my student prime with Amazon yikes. Also glad that they have itunes as a digital option.
Last edited by obsessivelymoody on Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
autumnhearth
senpai

sonicgreen
woodland creature

I panicked and bought the limited edition one (I think it will sell out fast)... happy christmas to me i guess?
Does anyone know the breakdown of all the differences? The Amazon one is more expensive?
Last edited by sonicgreen on Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

same @sonicgreen i freaked out and actually threw my credit card across the room because it couldn't work and i was so stressed out! so yeah i wanted it for christmas but there won't be any limited edition dvds left :shrug:
:gayaf:
lilabet
philussy

From what I can see the dvd itself is the same with the same extras but the posters, photos, pins etc differ.

They all seem to include commentary, interactive thing and deleted scene.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm very curious about the BBC aspect - do you think there's any shot of it airing on actual television at some point? Or does BBC have a whole branch of online/DVD release only specials?
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

Sigh, getting paid today and the promise of pins made a deadly combination for my willpower. Anybody want just the Blu-ray disc? I'll only need the DVD.
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

sonicgreen wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:13 pm Inpanicked and bought the limited edition one (I think it will sell out fast)... happy christmas to me i guess?
Does anyone know the breakdown of all the differences? The Amazon one is more expensive?
Same. I didn’t even think I just panicked and hit the Limited Edition. Oh well, I love physical copies anyway (I’m one of those weirdos who still has a DVD collection and an addiction to box sets). So pumped to watch the commentary!
liola
rankussy

I'm very very sick so my brain isn't working properly but do you think the DVD comes with a digital copy as well? When is it gonna be shipped? It's too close to Christmas and Idk if I want it delivered to my parents house or my house and I also would love to watch it when it drops and not just wait for days to have it shipped ughhh

But I want the extra stuff and I don't understand if the digital copy will have that
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
lilabet
philussy

In case anyone missed it :D
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
hello9217
flower crown

They apparently sent out an email that said they will do watch parties and...live events, who knows what that means. Maybe they will tie TBC into that somehow. I'm really proud of them though, they look so happy :D