Dan & Phil Part 78: have the courage to exist.

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
expertlies
first-time poster

Usually, antibiotics are used to slow bacteria growth and therefore treat infections. Phil probably had a similar issue to the one he had years ago. I think it was something about an infection near his brain? Strange. (btw hi I'm a long-time lurker and a first-time poster hopefully I won't annoy you guys too much :) )
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple
Pronouns: She/her

They shouldn't give antibiotics for a virus so it's probably some kind of infection. And since the hospital didn't keep him, he's likely going to be just fine :)

I was wondering if he hit his face when he fainted? He hasn't shown his face since and in the pic Dan posted of him it looked like there were dark marks/bruising under his nose and beneath his lower lip. I thought they were shadows at first but I dont think Phil's beautiful bird nose would cast that much of a shadow.
knq
lava lamp
Pronouns: she/her

It sounds like Phil read the leaflet that comes with your drug prescriptions and includes 'very rare' and very weird side effects--though hyperactivity is pretty normal sounding for that section.

I'd never heard of it being associated with an antibiotic but when I searched antibiotic and hyperactivity on a UK website with those leaflets a bunch of drugs came up, including amoxicillin, so I didn't go any further into the alphabet. http://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.541.pdf

I'd thought since Phil had that hospital giftshop candy he might have just fainted from low blood sugar (good excuse to buy some sugar) but that must not be the case. :|
scientia
phabergé

I’ve seen quite a few people on Twitter speculating that this could lead to another Sleepless Night video, seems probable
fancybum
senpai

I’m just happy he’s finally getting his koala chlamydia cleared up.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
karma_yeah
philussy

fancybum wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:51 am I’m just happy he’s finally getting his koala chlamydia cleared up.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :stan:
What goes around, comes around Image
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

im sick right now and i was particularly sick on sunday, the day before an important exam at uni and my dad (my doctor) gave me antibiotics 1) because well i was sick and needed them but 2) because apprently they're supposed to boost your energy!

but tbh it didn't really work
:gayaf:
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

knq wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:44 am It sounds like Phil read the leaflet that comes with your drug prescriptions and includes 'very rare' and very weird side effects--though hyperactivity is pretty normal sounding for that section.
Yeah, drug companies are legally obliged to include every reaction anyone has ever had to the medication in that section (“painful erections” as a reaction to citalopram, anyone?) so I don’t think we should expect them to definitely make Phil hyperactive - who’s going to be able to tell anyway? :lol:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Phil's last two tweets have been so "I HAVE DAN BY MY SIDE DID YOU KNOW". And I love it. Please keep this big mood for Pinof.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Amoxicillin is a commonly-prescribed one, I’ve had it a few times, don’t remember any other names. Also did not get hyperactive.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

LtrllySusan wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:13 am Phil's last two tweets have been so "I HAVE DAN BY MY SIDE DID YOU KNOW". And I love it. Please keep this big mood for Pinof.
i KNOW what the HELL :happytears:
also it just hit me that pinof is this month and my ass just fell out of my ass.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
citizen_erased
truth bomb

Antibiotics are usually given for bacteria-related illness, but hospitals will sometimes start people on AB when they don't know what's wrong yet. But usually once you started it you have to finish the whole treatment. My mum was admitted to hospital in february with a by then life-threatening fever and they immediately started her on antibiotics just to later find out she had a very, very bad case of the flu (they kept her there for at least 2 weeks)

Either way, there are so many possible causes, but since he wasn't even in the hospital bed and apparently got sent home with some antibiotics and a "take it easy for a bit" it's probably not very serious. Though he could've fallen on his face and end up with some bruises, my mum's had that happen a couple of times, it's not pretty.

I love Dan's jokes about the whole thing, that's such a good way to alleviate tension. And I'm glad they're both fairly quiet on social media right now. I hope they're both taking a proper rest.

Wow this post is adding nothing to the conversation, is it :lol:
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

ratlad wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:40 am
LtrllySusan wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:13 am Phil's last two tweets have been so "I HAVE DAN BY MY SIDE DID YOU KNOW". And I love it. Please keep this big mood for Pinof.
i KNOW what the HELL :happytears:
also it just hit me that pinof is this month and my ass just fell out of my ass.

I love how they reiterate their togetherness at every given chance. :happytears:

Also the bolded part is a MOOD. It’s so close!
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

wow, i just........i feel this :happytears: :happytears: :happytears: so much
"you are next to me in my life"
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

pinof is coming :whiskers: , and American Thanksgiving :thx: . But before that, a new thread! :6-year-old dan:

Get your thread name suggestions in here before the next poll!

:psl: :blowingleaves:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

the pic's lovely! looks like they all had a good time!
:gayaf:
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

Dear Santa,

I have been a good boy this year and only want one thing for christmas. Can you tell my furry friends Daniel Howell and Amazing Phil to shoot some extra PINOF video's when they feel better? They could put them in a drawer and release them if one of them gets ill.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Ataraxia25 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:49 pm the pic's lovely! looks like they all had a good time!
This is so cute! And god... I missed their faces so much :happytears:
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Liiiiiiiiveshoooooooow I'm so ready for this, inject the cuteness right into my bloodstream please.
autumnhearth
senpai

Seriously, and Dan’s Instagram story. Oh it’s started!
noodlebum
flower crown

LOLLLL Phil accidentally read out someones username which was 'phanwedding' and Dan was shook/awkward :lol:
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

phil talking about visiting his family: "we went- well, i mean i went up north.."
lol
i missed the first 6 mins, did they speak about phil fainting? or they saving that for the video?
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Short but solid liveshow, imo. The level of 'we' was strong with this one, they didn't have too many stories to tell (thanks to Phil saving the juicy stuff for a video) but what they did catch us up on was nice. They also highlighted not having a liveshow last week which makes me think that they really are planning on doing these weekly long term.
autumnhearth
senpai

^^ That brave demon, what a legend. I missed the very beginning and will rewatch when the Tumblr vid stops sending me to the app. But I think Phil saw my question, though there could have been others asking about Sabrina. Very dark and campy, I recommend. Very exciting re TBC (ABC)! Phil sucking on that lipstick tube was distracting enough but then he had to inhale it and make comments on too much being in his mouth and go spit I think out. Looking forward to the AP vid, I hope Dan features in a skit.