Dan & Phil Part 78: have the courage to exist.

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

The digital download does have the commentary and the extra scene, I’m almost certain. Just not the interactive simulation game.

Gah, Phil, I’m almost out of chocolate, don’t tempt me, honey.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

They’re not sneaking around, I see. They want to build hype for the mukbang everyone and their mother requested. im excite
blueapple_x
flower crown

obsessivelymoody wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:44 pm
bluntedclaws wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:40 pm
fancybum wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:57 pm Just to further cement my branding as a forever bitter and salty Canadian: if I were to get the limited edition thing (and I was immediately tempted), it would be ~$45CAD because the shipping is practically the same cost as the dvd. $22 if I go through Amazon for the normal version, HMMMM tough choice. Were I not employmentally-challenged, I might be interested in paying $23 extra for 2 pins, but not today Satan. Snazzy packaging though. Too bad Canada sucks and/or they hate us. Can't wait for this tour chapter to close entirely tbh.
I had these exact same bitter thoughts.
Also, I’m confused. If we’re in Canada we have to order the fancy DVD from the American shop. Then we get a code for 50% off some of the tour merch. Great! But am I right in thinking that we have to switch to the UK/international shop to use the code? Canadians can’t normally order from the US store can they?
I tried to a while back because I thought shipping would be cheaper than the uk shop (the $20 shipping for a dvd says no anyway), so unless they've changed it recently or with the dvd we can forever now, usually no.
I'm thinking the reason they lumped Canada with the US shop for this one is because the DVDs are the same format for Canadian+American DVD players. Whereas if you get it from the UK, the DVD won't be compatible with a Candian/American DVD player? That's my guess.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose
Pronouns: she/her

blueapple_x wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:00 pm
obsessivelymoody wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:44 pm
bluntedclaws wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:40 pm
fancybum wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:57 pm Just to further cement my branding as a forever bitter and salty Canadian: if I were to get the limited edition thing (and I was immediately tempted), it would be ~$45CAD because the shipping is practically the same cost as the dvd. $22 if I go through Amazon for the normal version, HMMMM tough choice. Were I not employmentally-challenged, I might be interested in paying $23 extra for 2 pins, but not today Satan. Snazzy packaging though. Too bad Canada sucks and/or they hate us. Can't wait for this tour chapter to close entirely tbh.
I had these exact same bitter thoughts.
Also, I’m confused. If we’re in Canada we have to order the fancy DVD from the American shop. Then we get a code for 50% off some of the tour merch. Great! But am I right in thinking that we have to switch to the UK/international shop to use the code? Canadians can’t normally order from the US store can they?
I tried to a while back because I thought shipping would be cheaper than the uk shop (the $20 shipping for a dvd says no anyway), so unless they've changed it recently or with the dvd we can forever now, usually no.
I'm thinking the reason they lumped Canada with the US shop for this one is because the DVDs are the same format for Canadian+American DVD players. Whereas if you get it from the UK, the DVD won't be compatible with a Candian/American DVD player? That's my guess.
That's exactly what they're doing. My mum once ordered the wrong region of dvds from the BBC shop once, so our player couldn't read them, and I guess that's the easiest way for them to avoid that issue.
hello9217
flower crown

annabanana wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:55 pm I'm wondering where the tour bus Q&A they had people send in questions for will be released. It doesn't seem like it will be on the DVD since its not listed as an extra. I guess they could just scrapped it altogether but I hope not! Maybe the directors commentary is replacing that since it will probably include stories about everything they did.
In the newsletter they mentioned a Q&A as part of the content they will do for the release of the dvd. So it's probably going to be uploaded on a second channel or something.
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

sweetlyphan wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:11 pm I don't think anyone has mentioned this but it looks like one of the extras will be the simulation. Which I'm interested to see all the possible outcomes. I could be wrong but I don't think every outcome has been shown yet.
I'm excited for this too! A few months ago, I started working on a project with the support of @alittledizzy to determine all of the simulation options and to figure out how often each option had been chosen during the Interactive Introverts tour. I actually believe that all outcomes have been revealed (though this is somewhat speculative), but certainly all possible pathways through the simulation have not been taken.
More specifically, in Phil's simulation, "hot chocolate" has never been chosen over the "frappe" in any show that I've reviewed, but I believe it will give the same options that the frappe does.

Similarly, in Dan's simulation, "asking for the door code to the men's restroom" has never been chosen over "entering the lady door," but I have come to believe that choosing either option will lead to the same ending (Dan's death).
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

phil...i only have 25 min left in my break.......wheres that viddy son
"you are next to me in my life"
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

my patience are being tested, im very excited and nervous.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

holy fuck over 30 minutes OK I GUESS ILL BE WATCHING THE REST AFTER WORK
"you are next to me in my life"
SquishPhan
capita£ester

It's up and over 30 minutes long. :6-year-old dan:
knq
lava lamp

I’m only 5 minutes in and this is so much weirder than I was expecting.
Ablissa
pastel persona

I have so many thoughts but I will have to watch again before I get them together. Just... I loved this. So much.
huphilpuffs
crusty sponge

I'm like 99% sure this has no actual spoilers but just in case I put a thing
I don't have any deep thoughts right now besides oh my god that was so much better than I expected. It was so soft and I feel like I have so much more insight into them. It was genuinely so soft and calm and ... just really nice. I love them a lot rn <3
who met each other on the internet and created this entire world
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I enjoyed this video a lot. :love1: I'm so down for them making more vids like this one.
It's too late for me to say anything really meaningful about it. Maybe tomorrow after I've watched it again.
Grumpybisexual
delia smith
Pronouns: She/her

This video was everything I hoped for and more :happytears: I can't even write anything coherent right now I just want to rewatch it 12 times and go cry in a corner :happytears: :happytears:
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

i just want to say that i'm very soft for them, i could actually cry and i have so many thoughts i can't write right now
main point : i love them very much <3
:gayaf:
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

I enjoyed this so much. I actually felt like they said some things that gave new insight into them as people and entertainers.
Also Dan's hand on Phil's thigh. :phangoggles2: :love1:
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

i am............... lost for words and overly emotional.
idkwhattowrite
crusty sponge

I agree with everyone else that I feel very soft towards them right now and I kind of just want to watch it through a few more times just to process. But I will say I loved it a lot, for a bunch of reasons. I feel like I relate to Dan in a lot of ways, even more so now after watching this. And watching them speak so openly and frankly was really cathartic and nice, but also has given me some kind of emotional hangover. I kind of hope they do more of these, but I also can't see how they could do anything to top it tbh.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

Man I loved Phil in this video so much....talking about his friends from home and what they think of him, him getting more emotional with age, going on Google Maps to look at his old house when he's sad, the fact that apparently he wasn't too bad at boxing? I feel like he talked so much more candidly than we've ever heard from him before, and I really appreciate it. I also feel like we got a lot of him mentioning his emotions, which is always welcome in this house
amberblogslife
squish

I don't have words. For literally 8 years my favourite video has been Amazing Dan, because it's the first video I ever watched.
But this video bulldozed its way right over that. Yes, Dan, we're all insane for wanting this content in your eyes, but in the end we just want to see you guys being happy and enjoying yourselves. My heart is so full for them. I hope they're so damn happy. <3
Constantly in an existential crisis.
goodbants
drama llama
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Spoilers incoming so if you haven't watched it all yet don't read!

This was amazing!! Like honestly it was so pure and oh my lord.. so many emotions I love them so much I actually squealed while watching it!! :happytears: :happytears: :happytears:
It made me so emotional how Dan said he's grown so much.. and how Phil was the shy one in the friend group. And also how he said there were older people at ii. I'm 20 and not that age matters but I'm glad I'm not one of the only older fans. They were just their pure soft selves and it was amazing I am not ok
:sparkle: this was the most fun i've ever had :sparkle:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I just need several moments. I can barely process how purely good that was :happytears:
citizen_erased
truth bomb

I know they literally just uploaded this but I would not complain if this was, say, a monthly thing. Just them chatting and eating and being all calm and open. Everything about this was so soft and I am definitely rewatching this a lot of times

:happytears: :happytears: :happytears:
onceinaugust wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:26 pm Also Dan's hand on Phil's thigh. :phangoggles2: :love1:
yeesss :happytears: