Dan & Phil Part 78: have the courage to exist.

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
knq
lava lamp
Pronouns: she/her

I’m on the same wavelength as the person who said they had an emotional hangover.

I cried through the last 20 minutes of this video. I’m not like the boys are with crying either, I can’t even remember the last time I cried. Was it this year?

I just. Man. I experienced a lot more suffering from Dan than I guess I expected. I waited months after becoming a fan to watch Daniel and Depression because I knew what kind of effect it would have on me, and it didn’t have anything like the effect this video did.

~emotions
just getting more emotional here so putting it under a cut. But like, the way Dan describes experiences in his depression video, the way I often describe my own experiences, and the way most people describe their internal experiences, we share this common kind of language like ‘struggling to get out of bed in the morning’ and ‘losing interest in things you once enjoyed’ that is true, it’s not inauthentic, it’s just that it’s most polite and comfortable for everyone to use general descriptions like that. People get what you’re saying without you having to divulge embarrassing or vulnerable specifics. So like. Dan describing someone he used to know at the train station and his reaction being to shimmy behind a photo booth and then get on a train just to get away from smalltalk he can’t articulate his intense aversion to—and Phil not knowing that, thinking dan ‘blanked’ her or something else. That’s. I don’t know how that sentence I started ends actually. But I feel that shit. I feel it and it feels painful.
I’ve no idea whether I liked the video or if I hope they do another one. I do hope they get a positive response though, and from what I’ve seen everyone commenting I’m glad it seems like they are.

I’m surprised everyone isn’t just wrecked. I’m wrecked.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I felt like I needed to timestamp the video to really help process it. Not the most insightful timestamps but I'm sure I'll have a thought more Thoughts as I watch the video again having actually accepted that this video happens in a reality that we actually live in.

1:03 - Dan thinks a mukbang is sexual.
1:31 - They are extremely casual.
2:13 - Phil's random 'anal.'
2:43 - Dan's got his feet out.
2:55 - Start of DVD spon. They decide it might be more important than pizza.
5:20 - Pizza arrives; Phil gets up to check the intercom.
5:33 - Phil can't go because the pizza guy looks like Efron.
5:45 - Dan gets the pizza because he doesn't want anyone to see Phil's pajamas.
6:28 - The coke bottle almost hits Phil in the balls. Dan says that makes it kinky.
6:49 - Dan is the king of the dips.
7:04 - Phil is basic with his dips.
7:19 - The nugs.
7:25 - "This is us at our most vulnerable right now."
7:50 - They sit on a sofa to eat.
8:01 - Dan has very wide hips for a man.
8:08 - "The wind'll change."
8:15 - Dan has the most open hips you've ever seen.
8:23 - Chips. (Not fries. Wedges.)
8:50 - Their pizza, decided on over years of tradition. Half and half large original crust Texas bbq supreme, and the sizzler. Texas bbq is the sweet part, the sizzler and they sub tandoori chicken for ground beef. And voila.
9:41 - Phil explaining why he's ok with pizza even if he hates cheese.
10:08 - Dan doesn't like eating dinner on camera bc he doesn't like upsetting vegans. He's vegan like six days a week.
10:30 - Shoulder pat.
10:38 - Cognitive dissonance. "I am weak and flawed."
10:44 - "You look great, Phil."
11:11 - Cheers, lad.
11:22 - They sing 'since we've been back.'
11:34 - They went to the cinema once and saw First Man.
11:43 - Phil went to an art fair. "Phil's changed."
12:05 - Took a selfie with a fan in front of a giant wall of penises.
12:58 - "Are you okay?"
13:17 - Phil saying "penis wall" and Dan finding it embarrassing.
13:33 - What food means to Dan?
13:41 - Phil saying Dan's reaction to Phil's phone not being on silence.
13:50 - Dan makes a joke that Phil doesn't get.
14:11 - Replace fried food with a hearty game of tennis. (Phil mimes golf.)
14:20 - Phil's story about his friends from home not expecting Phil to be the one to go and do 'all this stuff.'
14:44 - Phil was quiet with an extroverted group of friends.
15:13 - Phil talks about anxiety; loops in his head about people judging him.
15:57 - They give a regularly given II answer about realizing everyone else is more concerned about themselves.
16:34 - Phil staring at Dan eating.
16:50 - Dan crying over the pizza.
17:00 - They did a lot of exercise before tour; two hours a day for - Phil says for months, Dan says one.
17:14 - "Are we gonna get a personal trainer again?"
17:31 - They did boxing. Phil is not going to a boxing gym himself.
18:11 - Dan telling Phil that people don't like being confronted about things they don't like.
18:38 - Dan asking Phil if he's proud of what they did.
18:40 - A month before tour, Dan was having a breakdown and there was too much work to do.
19:02 - They had to go straight into editing so it would be out before Christmas.
19:36 - "Are you okay?"
19:42 - He likes being funny on social media, making youtube videos, performing on stage, doing the radio "with you." but doesn't like being a full time youtuber and being compared to everybody and the algorithm.
20:31 - Phil telling Dan people just want him to be happy.
20:48 - Phil defends how Dan will make a video when he's ready.
21:02 - Phil is quite easy going when it comes to his channel.
21:17 - Phil misses tour because he gets to see people laugh in real time to jokes.
21:52 - Phil being defensive about people thinking their audience are 'one type of person.'
22:07 - Dan will miss having a purpose. (Also, Dan's hand on Phil's shoulder.)
22:22 - PS4 Spiderman is Dan's soulmate and Dan will die for him.
22:31 - Candle haul.
22:46 - Phil calls the candle that he got Dan "sexy."
23:10- Phil asking Dan if he's glad to be back in the apartment despite having a purpose.
23:18 - Dan's hand on Phil's thigh. Discussion of what type of messy/cluttered Phil is.
23:22 - Phil says he's getting better (at not being messy).
23:29 - Suspicious jumpcut after Dan says "socks."
23:45 - They both laugh over bag/sack.
22:58 - The candy corn candle is like Phil's insides.
23:37 - Phil needs a lot of things, Dan thinks he could lose all his possessions and wouldn't miss anything.
24:07 - Dan wants a stylist for events, three outfits for everyday. ("Full Zuckerberg.")
24:29 - Phil just chooses the next thing in line.
24:36 - Dan thinks Phil's pizza shirt is great.
23:49 - Scathing critique for whoever cut their pizza.
24:56 - Phil is more sensitive now. He cries more, didn't cry at stuff at 18.
25:11 - They stopped watching Handmaids Tale because Phil was harrowed
25:27 - Dan is more anxious as he gets older. He panics over everything.
25:32 - "Character progression. It's good." Dan feels like he's growing a lot as a person and isn't in a hurry to put himself out there. He's happy to be in a cocoon until he's ready to be like - *jazz hands*."
25:57 - Dan went home to visit his family. Horrible. (Phil says Dan's family are nice.)
26:11 - Dan says to anyone who knew him the first 18 years of his life, he doesn't hate them if they're watching this.
26:23 - Dan's story about hiding behind the photobooth from the girl he went to school with.
27:23 - Dan teases Phil for being Northern.
27:25 - Phil explains what 'put you on' means. (A little snack before dinner to put you on if you're really hungry.)
27:58 - Phil looks at his old house on Google maps when he's sad.
28:04 - He did that yesterday.
28:14 - Dan taunting Phil into eating another slice of pizza once he's full.
28:29 - Dan feeds Phil then shows his feet. "That's what they came for."
28:36 - Dan asks Phil if he ever feels like he doesn't have a personality. Phil says, "No." and Dan tries to immediately move on.
28:40 - Phil tells Dan he has a personalty. Dan answers back questioning if it's just one of the many faces he chooses to put on.
28:46 - "Not if you're just hanging out with me. Why would you be putting on a face?"
28:55 - Frank ig story insert. They have flea bites now.
29:03 - Ass bites.
29:08 - The flea is doing his own mukbang in flea world. "There's some fleas eating our ass and they are broadcasting themselves on fleatube."
29:17 - Dan tells Phil to rewind, talks about Phil saying eating ass. He says he was going to say eating ass in his Living my Truth video and thought it was too crude, never thought Phil would be the first one to say it.
29:35 - Dan could live without possessions, just in a hole. Phil asks if Dan would miss being soft and warm on a sofa.
29:40 - "A soft warm hole." Both of them crack up. Absolute filth.
29:51 - Phil drinks to forget.
29:58 - Phil is going to visit his parents soon; his mum told him bring a vest. He doesn't own any vests.
30:07 - Dan tells Phil to get his guns out for the north.
30:13 - Dan says Phil could pull off a vest.
30:15 - Phil arms.
30:16 - Cutest fucking exchange ever; hell yeah Phil could finish a cookie.
30:37 - Phil gets them milk.
30:54 - Phil's not getting up again to microwave the cookies.
31:13 - The conclusion part of the muk.
31:36 - Dan tells Phil he's falling apart, then says "Sleep. Sleep now."
idk
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

We’re living in an era where Dan and Phil make and upload a video in which they’re casually talking about perfecting their pizza order over years and years through trial and error, about the ways they’ve changed over the years, talking about going home and their childhood friends’ perspectives of them, their day to day habits and routines, the things they do together, anxieties, mental health, sensitivities, career related thoughts and discussions. Goddamn what an era to be a Dan and Phil viewer.

Overall I think the video showed how much we don’t know and what we don’t see and hear and the kinds of things they choose to show and those they don’t. Hearing about Dan being vegan most of the week, hearing about them having a joint personal trainer, that they did boxing together - that was the first time hearing about any of those details. Also super into hearing Phil mentioning that he didn’t think the tour was going to happen even just a month or two before it began and Dan mentioning that he was having a mental breakdown. They offered up a lot of insight about themselves in this video and I love love love it.

I also appreciated them talking about how their understandings of their own audience have changed. I definitely think this video was a result of that shift in understanding and how they’ve gained a better insight into what kinds of content their audience want and can ~handle as it were. And that they do argue against the stereotyping of their audience and that they Know how diverse their audience really is.

I absolutely loved them talking about how they navigate their differences in personality. Phil’s mess and clutter vs Dan’s minimalism and cleanliness and the silent conclusion there being that despite these differences they have chosen and continue to choose to share every part of their lives with one another. That they navigate all these things together. That they have spent years and years learning how to live and breathe and move both with each other and around each other. But also that Phil mentions his mess is something he's working on. They've created and perfected little traditions just for them, just between them and they continue to do them all these years later. A shared experience indeed.

The part where Dan discussed whether or not he has a personality and questioning whether it’s just various faces he chooses to show at any given point and Phil immediately saying that if Dan’s around him he’s not putting on a face because Why Would He? Dan saying it’s his ‘Phil face’. They’ve done so much growing together and this video absolutely highlighted that both in what was said and what was not. It definitely was also shown through how they silently interacted and communicated with one another. Little glances and unspoken reassurances.

Dan continuing that talk from his liveshow about being an entertainer/content creator vs being a youtuber. Him explicitly saying “I don’t love being a full-time youtuber” really really shows where he’s at with his main channel and the reasoning behind his decisions related to his channel. That comment in addition to him in his liveshow saying that he doesn't feel bad about not uploading, that any content is content to him no matter what medium and he’s satisfied with that and that he intends on moving forward with that mindset. Fuck the algorithm.

Also super appreciative of Dan talking about how he feels like he’s in a period of rapid self growth and change and that this is still ongoing and changes month to month, week to week, day to day. This video also showed that Dan has hope for his future and his content. That he believes that at some point, eventually, in due time, he’ll get to a point where he’s ready to make the kinds of content he feels best represents him but acknowledging that he’s not quite there yet and he’s not sure when he will be. Just him mentioning the general uncertainty of being alive and how he’s still navigating that despite how far he’s come and all the success he’s had thus far.

Also loved hearing about Phil’s influence on Dan and that Dan still is quite susceptible to Phil and the things Phil says and does. Reminds me of Dan attempting veganism a few years ago and Phil convincing him to have a non vegan cupcake just days into his attempt. Good to know some things never change.

Phil in this video was refreshing. I loved him admitting that he’s ‘quite easy going’ on his channel - a throwback to his ‘there’s no integrity here’ comment of yesteryear.

I loved Phil talking about having a fear of people judging him and that he’s come to realise that people are people in their own right and that means everyone else doesn’t think about Phil or look at Phil in the way that Phil looks and thinks about Phil and that that realisation has alleviated some of that fear for him.

The loved the vulnerability coming from Phil in this video particularly slipping through in the part where he was talking about how he’s grown into a sensitive person as he’s gotten older and that particularly shone through when he talked about how he had to quit watching The Handmaids Tale because it made him a mess and he had to stop. He's developed limits.

Him admitting that when he’s sad and misses his old house he goes onto google maps and sits on the street and looks at his old house. I think it definitely shows how much he prioritises and values family and friends and personal connections and experiences relating to those kinds of things above all else. Personal memories and nostalgia are still quite a big part of him. Also appreciated him offering up information about his friends thoughts on him and who he is now and how far he’s come. That he admits they didn’t think this would be the future for him but hey look he’s Here anyway. He’s done it.

I’m overly fond of how attentive Phil is of Dan. How Phil reassured Dan that he’s sure that their audience just wants him to be happy - and the implicit notion there being that Phil also just wants Dan to be happy. Also, Phil’s constant checking up on Dan throughout the video - asking him if he’s okay, if he’s okay with eating in front of the camera, ensuring that making content doesn’t mean putting too much strain on Dan, showing that above all else Dan’s comfort comes first. Content doesn’t come at the detriment of their comfort levels and general wellbeing. This was also reinforced through Phil talking about how he wasn’t sure the tour was even going to happen because of Dan’s breakdown and their stress levels earlier in the year.

I even appreciated stuff like Phil saying ‘he looks like Zac Efron I can’t go’ about the pizza man and his ‘hell yeah’ to having a cookie despite being full from pizza showing that he is the same person at the end of the day.

Now more than ever I feel it would be unspeakably odd if Phil were to return to filming in that AmazingPhil room. I’m sure pinof will be filmed in that room and for the sake of tradition that’s cool but I hope he does change it beyond that video. This video has only added to the quiet but quite profound rebrand of AmazingPhil into Phil Lester who has insecurities and anxiety and thoughts and feelings beyond cute animals and houseplants and pancakes. Obviously those are all a part of Phil Lester but those aren’t all that he is despite what the AmazingPhil figure would lead you to believe.

I also appreciated the minute details of the vid. The unspoken exchanges between them, the little touches between them that were done without hesitation. Not only that but the fact that those moments and touches were included - they weren’t edited out. The fact that they talked about once again getting a personal trainer and Dan saying he’d have to because he knows himself. Even little bits such as Phil talking about how he’s not sure whether he’d suit a vest and Dan immediately reassuring Phil that he’d pull it off. I loved seeing one of them making a comment about themselves and then immediately asking the other person if they agree/if they’ve also noticed that.

I also think this video also showed that this tour and this year in general did involve a fair amount of sacrifice on their behalf. Not just in terms of comfort related things but also even down to sacrificing sleep. That it was in-fact quite an emotionally draining experience for them and they did it anyway.

That video was the kind of candid content that was advertised as being in the interactive introverts tour show and I’m so glad that we eventually did get this content, this kind of insight from them.

Above all, I love that this video went up on AmazingPhil.

The Post Tour Universe has been ushered in by that video and I have never ever been more excited and intrigued to see where they go from here both in their solo pursuits and as a joint team. I am so fucking fond and appreciative of Dan and Phil right now and throughout the course of this whole year. The comfort levels between them on camera have grown exponentially even just over the past 11 months and so have the comfort levels between us and them. So ready for 2019. /imsorrythiswaslong
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

this video is so much, it's like i'm underwater but at the same time so hyper and happy, all at the same time for a few hours now
I'm so happy with, like, everything
wow, I can't say words right now, they broke me.
but seriously, seeing them smiling and chatting it's everything.
I love them so much, I feel like my heart is going to explode
So far I cried, laughed and stared at a wall a lot (still tearing up a bit)
I hope they know that one of our biggest priorities as a fandom is seeing them happy and if we get to witness that, it is just a awesome bonus
wow I need much more time to process because I thought I would come here and be able to write things and, I'm just,, not
I'm so happy and an emotional mess right now
I'm so proud of them and where they are right now
gosh
:happytears:
scientia
phabergé

I’m still processing the video but to be lighthearted...it’s basically Dan interrupting Phil for 30 minutes straight :rofl:
Phantasy
woodland creature

onceinaugust wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:26 pm Also Dan's hand on Phil's thigh. :phangoggles2: :love1:
Now THIS is true character progression...
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

my heart is so warm.

i ended up watching it on my way home in the bus and my cheeks hurt so much from smiling. everything was just so soft and endearing and i literally felt as if i was there chatting with a long time friend. there were so many moments to comment on but at the end of the day, im just so happy for them.

:happytears: :happytears: :happytears: :happytears: :happytears: :happytears: :happytears:
"you are next to me in my life"
sgt_meowenstein
phillion/danosaur <//3

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:49 am 5:33 - Phil can't go because the pizza guy looks like Efron.

23:18 - Dan's hand on Phil's thigh. Discussion of what type of messy/cluttered Phil is
i fully missed both of these parts even after watching twice wtf is my problem

did anyone catch what dan said under his breath after asking phil whether the orgy/penis wall uhh participants were french? i’m sure it was a throwaway comment of no importance but it’s driving me insane that i can’t figure it out
lesterchuu
philussy

:rainbowsparkle: :sparkle: <3 <3 <3 :rainbowsparkle1: :sparkle:

Attention, dear IDBers!
I know were all still gushing over the latest video but I'm dropping by to say that the #phanniversary poster is ready! Our wonderful @Ablissa had already made the tumblr post and twitter live, so please help us spread the word.

Here are the links to the tumblr post and tweet!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to drop by the Dan&Phil Watch Parties forum.
Thank you so much and we'll see you there!!!

:rainbowsparkle: :sparkle: :thankyou: :rainbowsparkle: :sparkle:
Elemancy
butt chair

knq wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:24 am I’m on the same wavelength as the person who said they had an emotional hangover.

I cried through the last 20 minutes of this video. I’m not like the boys are with crying either, I can’t even remember the last time I cried. Was it this year?

I just. Man. I experienced a lot more suffering from Dan than I guess I expected. I waited months after becoming a fan to watch Daniel and Depression because I knew what kind of effect it would have on me, and it didn’t have anything like the effect this video did.

~emotions
just getting more emotional here so putting it under a cut. But like, the way Dan describes experiences in his depression video, the way I often describe my own experiences, and the way most people describe their internal experiences, we share this common kind of language like ‘struggling to get out of bed in the morning’ and ‘losing interest in things you once enjoyed’ that is true, it’s not inauthentic, it’s just that it’s most polite and comfortable for everyone to use general descriptions like that. People get what you’re saying without you having to divulge embarrassing or vulnerable specifics. So like. Dan describing someone he used to know at the train station and his reaction being to shimmy behind a photo booth and then get on a train just to get away from smalltalk he can’t articulate his intense aversion to—and Phil not knowing that, thinking dan ‘blanked’ her or something else. That’s. I don’t know how that sentence I started ends actually. But I feel that shit. I feel it and it feels painful.
I’ve no idea whether I liked the video or if I hope they do another one. I do hope they get a positive response though, and from what I’ve seen everyone commenting I’m glad it seems like they are.

I’m surprised everyone isn’t just wrecked. I’m wrecked.
I think your emotions regarding that part are very justified, especially in relation to Dan's allusion to feelings of confliction and the reflexive mental tug of war behind it; then how to articulate that to others in a way that doesn't feel so personally emotionally cleaving or intimidatingly vulnerable. Because there's something so painful as you said in trying to adequately translate those feelings and experiences to people who might not share them, so it becomes a constant back and forth of trying to establish a connection of understanding within yourself and others and yet feeling isolated in the attempt at the same time. I felt that in an intensely personal way, more so when Dan briefly talked about staying home and feeling sad while playing GW as Phil went to an art fair or his comments about increased anxiety along with his other comments about wanting to take the time he needs to finally emerge from his cocoon once he hits the point where he feels ready to, despite striving to find a sense of purpose to define his motivations post tour.
There's a lot more I'd like to say about that, but I'm just too mentally and physically exhausted from today that everything misses the mark, but I do understand what you mean by feeling wrecked. It’s like a mirror where you not only see a candid glimpse of what the other person is going through, but also an unexpectedly harsh and vivid reflection of your own experiences.

I don't think it left as impactful an impression on me personally because of the larger context of the video celebrating their journey on tour and acknowledging how far they'd come in self-development as individuals leading them to recognize themselves as different people from who they were three years ago or three months ago; as well as how Dan seemed more amenable to the idea of going with the flow in terms of his own health and not fighting with himself to create things his mind and heart aren't aligned with. There's still that undercurrent of personal turmoil and abstract frustration, but when prefaced by his own attempts to find better ways of coping with it and gaining a better perspective conducive to healing, it left me with that feeling of comfort I mentioned in my previous post.

I hope all that made sense and didn't come across like I'm trying to put words in your mouth. Just very tired today and I'm not sure if all the words are as mindful and cohesive as I want them to be.
Last edited by Elemancy on Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
:dildo:
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

@idk thank you for that beautiful post, you've said everything i was thinking so perfectly.
@alittledizzy amazing timestamps, thank you !!! i love it all.
i have the urge to watch GTPWTW then WITL and then this video all in that order, just to see the progression before and after tour. this vid was an experience and i am so very proud of them.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

@idk, your post made me feel alive. i don't know that i have anything to add outside of fervent nods and my thorough appreciation for your insight.

as someone with an unhealthily vested interest in their er.... muk.... banging, i found it particularly fascinating that almost all of phil's eating/chewing was edited out. i wonder if that's because all of those moments were filled with dan going on long-winded rants they didn't want to leave in or because phil was self-conscious in his editing? hmmmm.

i'd also like to express my extreme disappointment that they thought a brief clip of phil boxing wasn't ideal content with which to launch their insta stories adventure.

dan being vegan like 6 days a week? definitely not something i could do, but i really weirdly like that? there's something about that kind of discipline sprinkled with moderation that i really relate to.
alittledizzy wrote:25:32 - "Character progression. It's good." Dan feels like he's growing a lot as a person and isn't in a hurry to put himself out there. He's happy to be in a cocoon until he's ready to be like - *jazz hands*."
i just want to know what the jazz hands MEAN!!!! but take your time, dan, i guess.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

idk wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:13 am We’re living in an era where Dan and Phil make and upload a video in which they’re casually talking about perfecting their pizza order over years and years through trial and error, about the ways they’ve changed over the years, talking about going home and their childhood friends’ perspectives of them, their day to day habits and routines, the things they do together, anxieties, mental health, sensitivities, career related thoughts and discussions. Goddamn what an era to be a Dan and Phil viewer.
Overall I think the video showed how much we don’t know and what we don’t see and hear and the kinds of things they choose to show and those they don’t. Hearing about Dan being vegan most of the week, hearing about them having a joint personal trainer, that they did boxing together - that was the first time hearing about any of those details. Also super into hearing Phil mentioning that he didn’t think the tour was going to happen even just a month or two before it began and Dan mentioning that he was having a mental breakdown. They offered up a lot of insight about themselves in this video and I love love love it.

I also appreciated them talking about how their understandings of their own audience have changed. I definitely think this video was a result of that shift in understanding and how they’ve gained a better insight into what kinds of content their audience want and can ~handle as it were. And that they do argue against the stereotyping of their audience and that they Know how diverse their audience really is.

I absolutely loved them talking about how they navigate their differences in personality. Phil’s mess and clutter vs Dan’s minimalism and cleanliness and the silent conclusion there being that despite these differences they have chosen and continue to choose to share every part of their lives with one another. That they navigate all these things together. That they have spent years and years learning how to live and breathe and move both with each other and around each other. But also that Phil mentions his mess is something he's working on. They've created and perfected little traditions just for them, just between them and they continue to do them all these years later. A shared experience indeed.

The part where Dan discussed whether or not he has a personality and questioning whether it’s just various faces he chooses to show at any given point and Phil immediately saying that if Dan’s around him he’s not putting on a face because Why Would He? Dan saying it’s his ‘Phil face’. They’ve done so much growing together and this video absolutely highlighted that both in what was said and what was not. It definitely was also shown through how they silently interacted and communicated with one another. Little glances and unspoken reassurances.

Dan continuing that talk from his liveshow about being an entertainer/content creator vs being a youtuber. Him explicitly saying “I don’t love being a full-time youtuber” really really shows where he’s at with his main channel and the reasoning behind his decisions related to his channel. That comment in addition to him in his liveshow saying that he doesn't feel bad about not uploading, that any content is content to him no matter what medium and he’s satisfied with that and that he intends on moving forward with that mindset. Fuck the algorithm.

Also super appreciative of Dan talking about how he feels like he’s in a period of rapid self growth and change and that this is still ongoing and changes month to month, week to week, day to day. This video also showed that Dan has hope for his future and his content. That he believes that at some point, eventually, in due time, he’ll get to a point where he’s ready to make the kinds of content he feels best represents him but acknowledging that he’s not quite there yet and he’s not sure when he will be. Just him mentioning the general uncertainty of being alive and how he’s still navigating that despite how far he’s come and all the success he’s had thus far.

Also loved hearing about Phil’s influence on Dan and that Dan still is quite susceptible to Phil and the things Phil says and does. Reminds me of Dan attempting veganism a few years ago and Phil convincing him to have a non vegan cupcake just days into his attempt. Good to know some things never change.

Phil in this video was refreshing. I loved him admitting that he’s ‘quite easy going’ on his channel - a throwback to his ‘there’s no integrity here’ comment of yesteryear.

I loved Phil talking about having a fear of people judging him and that he’s come to realise that people are people in their own right and that means everyone else doesn’t think about Phil or look at Phil in the way that Phil looks and thinks about Phil and that that realisation has alleviated some of that fear for him.

The loved the vulnerability coming from Phil in this video particularly slipping through in the part where he was talking about how he’s grown into a sensitive person as he’s gotten older and that particularly shone through when he talked about how he had to quit watching The Handmaids Tale because it made him a mess and he had to stop. He's developed limits.

Him admitting that when he’s sad and misses his old house he goes onto google maps and sits on the street and looks at his old house. I think it definitely shows how much he prioritises and values family and friends and personal connections and experiences relating to those kinds of things above all else. Personal memories and nostalgia are still quite a big part of him. Also appreciated him offering up information about his friends thoughts on him and who he is now and how far he’s come. That he admits they didn’t think this would be the future for him but hey look he’s Here anyway. He’s done it.

I’m overly fond of how attentive Phil is of Dan. How Phil reassured Dan that he’s sure that their audience just wants him to be happy - and the implicit notion there being that Phil also just wants Dan to be happy. Also, Phil’s constant checking up on Dan throughout the video - asking him if he’s okay, if he’s okay with eating in front of the camera, ensuring that making content doesn’t mean putting too much strain on Dan, showing that above all else Dan’s comfort comes first. Content doesn’t come at the detriment of their comfort levels and general wellbeing. This was also reinforced through Phil talking about how he wasn’t sure the tour was even going to happen because of Dan’s breakdown and their stress levels earlier in the year.

I even appreciated stuff like Phil saying ‘he looks like Zac Efron I can’t go’ about the pizza man and his ‘hell yeah’ to having a cookie despite being full from pizza showing that he is the same person at the end of the day.

Now more than ever I feel it would be unspeakably odd if Phil were to return to filming in that AmazingPhil room. I’m sure pinof will be filmed in that room and for the sake of tradition that’s cool but I hope he does change it beyond that video. This video has only added to the quiet but quite profound rebrand of AmazingPhil into Phil Lester who has insecurities and anxiety and thoughts and feelings beyond cute animals and houseplants and pancakes. Obviously those are all a part of Phil Lester but those aren’t all that he is despite what the AmazingPhil figure would lead you to believe.

I also appreciated the minute details of the vid. The unspoken exchanges between them, the little touches between them that were done without hesitation. Not only that but the fact that those moments and touches were included - they weren’t edited out. The fact that they talked about once again getting a personal trainer and Dan saying he’d have to because he knows himself. Even little bits such as Phil talking about how he’s not sure whether he’d suit a vest and Dan immediately reassuring Phil that he’d pull it off. I loved seeing one of them making a comment about themselves and then immediately asking the other person if they agree/if they’ve also noticed that.

I also think this video also showed that this tour and this year in general did involve a fair amount of sacrifice on their behalf. Not just in terms of comfort related things but also even down to sacrificing sleep. That it was in-fact quite an emotionally draining experience for them and they did it anyway.

That video was the kind of candid content that was advertised as being in the interactive introverts tour show and I’m so glad that we eventually did get this content, this kind of insight from them.

Above all, I love that this video went up on AmazingPhil.
The Post Tour Universe has been ushered in by that video and I have never ever been more excited and intrigued to see where they go from here both in their solo pursuits and as a joint team. I am so fucking fond and appreciative of Dan and Phil right now and throughout the course of this whole year. The comfort levels between them on camera have grown exponentially even just over the past 11 months and so have the comfort levels between us and them. So ready for 2019. /imsorrythiswaslong
:happytears: :happytears: :happytears: :happytears: :happytears:

You went and got me good with this whole post.

I quoted the whole thing above but just gonna pluck a couple bits out right here:
idk wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:13 amI’m overly fond of how attentive Phil is of Dan. How Phil reassured Dan that he’s sure that their audience just wants him to be happy - and the implicit notion there being that Phil also just wants Dan to be happy. Also, Phil’s constant checking up on Dan throughout the video - asking him if he’s okay, if he’s okay with eating in front of the camera, ensuring that making content doesn’t mean putting too much strain on Dan, showing that above all else Dan’s comfort comes first. Content doesn’t come at the detriment of their comfort levels and general wellbeing. This was also reinforced through Phil talking about how he wasn’t sure the tour was even going to happen because of Dan’s breakdown and their stress levels earlier in the year.
That's one of the first things that stood out to me. Phil really is all about gauging Dan's comfort level with things every single step of the way. The one time Phil didn't quite answer something correctly (the personality question) and Dan balked, Phil immediately reeled him back in with utmost care and gave real attention to what Dan was saying in a sincere, fully engaged way. I'm enamored with how they must really just make each other feel so listened to.
idk wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:13 amNow more than ever I feel it would be unspeakably odd if Phil were to return to filming in that AmazingPhil room. I’m sure pinof will be filmed in that room and for the sake of tradition that’s cool but I hope he does change it beyond that video. This video has only added to the quiet but quite profound rebrand of AmazingPhil into Phil Lester who has insecurities and anxiety and thoughts and feelings beyond cute animals and houseplants and pancakes. Obviously those are all a part of Phil Lester but those aren’t all that he is despite what the AmazingPhil figure would lead you to believe.
I still feel like my best case scenario here is that the next Phil video is pinof, which'll happen in that room, and after that it'll be Christmas baking in the filming kitchen, and then 2019 they get to coast the first half of January in their pajama cave and once they're active again it'll be a whole new setup in a brand new forever home.
huphilpuffs
crusty sponge

okay now that I've recovered (some) from watching the video I have a few more concrete thoughts/reactions to share (sorry for being a somewhat new face and immediately writing an essay I didn't mean to I promise.)(also @idk the thoughts you shared were really great and I'm sorry if I repeat anything, your post just said a lot of fantastic things.)

I think there were four main things that stood out to me:

1. the constant ways in which they reassured and encouraged each other. Phil telling Dan it's okay if he eats on camera. Dan telling Phil a lot of people have phone anxiety. Phil supporting Dan's choice to make content when he feels like it instead of to make the algorithm happy. the whole personal trainer conversation. there were so many instances where it was so obvious that they are each other's greatest support system and how that manifests in validating each other's emotions (even if they can't necessarily relate) that has me feelings a lot of things. I'm just genuinely so happy that they have that in their lives.

2. the "being each other's exception" (for lack of a better way to explain it). Phil saying that those are the pjs he wears when he's not going to see anyone <i>except Dan</i>. Phil wondering why Dan would need a mask around him, even if he does around other people (I could write a whole essay on that moment alone). I think a lot of us already knew that they exceptions to each other's introversion, in that they never seem to find being together draining in the same way they seem to with other people. but those two moments really solidified that for me.

3. the amount of domesticity in this video is insane. I know it was years ago but part of me really can't help juxtaposing it to some of their old videos (like What not to do at the Cinema) where they wouldn't even reference each other by name and now we get to hear about their years and years of pizza perfecting, and casual references to "I did this yesterday right?" and "you're really stressful to live with." stand alone I know these anecdotes probably wouldn't seem quite as iconic, but having a whole video of them is just <i> so much</i> that it feels really important when it comes to the ever-evolving boundaries between them and their audience.

4. this being an amazingphil video really got to me. I know that a lot of the explicit content was more about them as people & together, but, without jumping to conclusions without information about what's yet to come, it <i>really</i> felt like there was an implicit shift between Phil and his audience. I feel like we saw a lot of change in him over the course of the tour and to see that reflected in his first video back feels ... so important. I don't know if it's wise to declare a new era without having any other content from that era, but it definitely feels like positive change is on the horizon.

and here's a few specific things that just made me smile (put under a thing because this accidentally got long)
- Dan not wanting people to see Phil in those pjs, such embarrassed husband esque behaviour.
- Phil not wanting the cute pizza boy to see him in his pjs
- the whole candle conversation was just really soft (still want that candle haul)
- the wall of penises story & them laughing
- Dan being vegan most of the time is pretty cool
- the personal trainer bit? boxing? unexpected but I loved it
- Phil really is the first of the two to mention eating ass on camera wow
- "You're sitting on his face now" and Dan made it worse
- Dan being happy with what he's accomplished this year :')
- Phil being willing do to another one ... please
anyway. amazing video that has given me a lot to feel and think about. I hope this wasn't too messy or intrusive or anything! have a good day all <3
who met each other on the internet and created this entire world
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

I'm sorry if I'll talk away from the post-mukbang video softness (and trust me, I've been repeating that video over and over again and I'm feeling so soft for them and appreciative of how they're genuinely opening up to us more and more). Thanks to @alittledizzy for the wonderful timestamps! <3 :ribena:

But, I just wanted to ask if I'm understanding this right. The difference between the 3 platforms, as I understood it, are the ff.: The Limited Edition would have the same content as the Normal DVD except that the physical add-ons are different. But the digital copy would contain both the content itself + the director's cut but no simulation game and physical add-ons.

I'm still mulling over what to buy among the 3 because they would entail different levels of effort and money to get. :? The Limited Edition isn't available in my country (so if I go with that option I'm contemplating having it shipped to an aunt in the US, but now I'm wondering if I order from the Worldwide shop, am I allowed to have it shipped to the US considering that they have a US store but it's now sold-out there?). If I go with the Normal DVD, I can buy it from Amazon, which is more convenient as it will ship to my country normally. And of course there's the digital option. Sorry for the bother. But I'm just hella confused and just wanted to confirm if I understood it correctly before deciding (shipping fees from the US and/or the UK are hella expensive so it's a bit hard to immediately let go of my money :oops:). Advanced thank you to anyone who'll answer me. :platonic: :ribena:
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
sgt_meowenstein
phillion/danosaur <//3

idk wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:13 am I absolutely loved them talking about how they navigate their differences in personality. Phil’s mess and clutter vs Dan’s minimalism and cleanliness and the silent conclusion there being that despite these differences they have chosen and continue to choose to share every part of their lives with one another. That they navigate all these things together. That they have spent years and years learning how to live and breathe and move both with each other and around each other. But also that Phil mentions his mess is something he's working on. They've created and perfected little traditions just for them, just between them and they continue to do them all these years later. A shared experience indeed.

OWWWW MY HEART :wahh: :love2: :happytears:

beautiful post, idk.

this video was exactly what i needed after a day of frustration and sadness that left me feeling v depressed and hopeless. i’m going to hang out in this corner of the internet for a while where it’s a little more positive and stay away from the dumpster fire that is the beauty community on YT :shock: :sadgarbage: i got enough negativity in my life without adding outside sources, lol.
lesterchuu
philussy

huphilpuffs wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:14 am I think there were four main things that stood out to me:

1. the constant ways in which they reassured and encouraged each other. Phil telling Dan it's okay if he eats on camera. Dan telling Phil a lot of people have phone anxiety. Phil supporting Dan's choice to make content when he feels like it instead of to make the algorithm happy. the whole personal trainer conversation. there were so many instances where it was so obvious that they are each other's greatest support system and how that manifests in validating each other's emotions (even if they can't necessarily relate) that has me feelings a lot of things. I'm just genuinely so happy that they have that in their lives.

2. the "being each other's exception" (for lack of a better way to explain it). Phil saying that those are the pjs he wears when he's not going to see anyone except Dan. Phil wondering why Dan would need a mask around him, even if he does around other people (I could write a whole essay on that moment alone). I think a lot of us already knew that they exceptions to each other's introversion, in that they never seem to find being together draining in the same way they seem to with other people. but those two moments really solidified that for me.

3. the amount of domesticity in this video is insane. I know it was years ago but part of me really can't help juxtaposing it to some of their old videos (like What not to do at the Cinema) where they wouldn't even reference each other by name and now we get to hear about their years and years of pizza perfecting, and casual references to "I did this yesterday right?" and "you're really stressful to live with." stand alone I know these anecdotes probably wouldn't seem quite as iconic, but having a whole video of them is just so much that it feels really important when it comes to the ever-evolving boundaries between them and their audience.

4. this being an amazingphil video really got to me. I know that a lot of the explicit content was more about them as people & together, but, without jumping to conclusions without information about what's yet to come, it really felt like there was an implicit shift between Phil and his audience. I feel like we saw a lot of change in him over the course of the tour and to see that reflected in his first video back feels ... so important. I don't know if it's wise to declare a new era without having any other content from that era, but it definitely feels like positive change is on the horizon.
yes to all ^ this is a very good summary of everything imo

i think overall, the atmosphere was very down to earth. i love how phil mentioned that "we" just want dan to be happy, and he is definitely right. we want both of them to be happy. weve been with them through thick and thin, weve watched them grow and mature while we ourselves do the same. like dan said, we ARE old. we are not the young and immature fandom from years past (but of course, there are a few rotten apples in every fandom, but for the most part, were all pretty much adults) i think the fact that we are a huge and loyal fanbase terrified both of them. its like suddenly having millions of screaming children to take care of, and i cant blame them. but over time time, theyve slowly realized that there is nothing to be afraid of.
i know im like ages younger than them but im so proud of them as if theyre my own sons :happytears:
knq
lava lamp

Elemancy wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:26 am
I think your emotions regarding that part are very justified, especially in relation to Dan's allusion to feelings of confliction and the reflexive mental tug of war behind it; then how to articulate that to others in a way that doesn't feel so personally emotionally cleaving or intimidatingly vulnerable. Because there's something so painful as you said in trying to adequately translate those feelings and experiences to people who might not share them, so it becomes a constant back and forth of trying to establish a connection of understanding within yourself and others and yet feeling isolated in the attempt at the same time. I felt that in an intensely personal way, more so when Dan briefly talked about staying home and feeling sad while playing GW as Phil went to an art fair or his comments about increased anxiety along with his other comments about wanting to take the time he needs to finally emerge from his cocoon once he hits the point where he feels ready to, despite striving to find a sense of purpose to define his motivations post tour.
There's a lot more I'd like to say about that, but I'm just too mentally and physically exhausted from today that everything misses the mark, but I do understand what you mean by feeling wrecked. It’s like a mirror where you not only see a candid glimpse of what the other person is going through, but also an unexpectedly harsh and vivid reflection of your own experiences.

I don't think it left as impactful an impression on me personally because of the larger context of the video celebrating their journey on tour and acknowledging how far they'd come in self-development as individuals leading them to recognize themselves as different people from who they were three years ago or three months ago; as well as how Dan seemed more amenable to the idea of going with the flow in terms of his own health and not fighting with himself to create things his mind and heart aren't aligned with. There's still that undercurrent of personal turmoil and abstract frustration, but when prefaced by his own attempts to find better ways of coping with it and gaining a better perspective conducive to healing, it left me with that feeling of comfort I mentioned in my previous post.

I hope all that made sense and didn't come across like I'm trying to put words in your mouth. Just very tired today and I'm not sure if all the words are as mindful and cohesive as I want them to be.
Thank you so much for conveying this. I was and still am having a hard time conveying any coherent thought, but what you've said and what I've bolded particularly is what I felt and wanted to say. Honestly I think the point at which I realized I didn't know how to end the sentence I'd started is when I probably should have reconsidered whether I was ready to comment publicly on the video.

But I feel like I'm in good company with how shook we all are. :love1: And I am comforted by Dan's awareness that he likes other parts of entertaining, including radio with Phil, but doesn't love being a full-time youtuber. That's important self-knowledge and my hope is that when he and Phil discuss what to do in the New Year, as is their tradition, shifting Dan's career to something that makes Dan feel like he can be a part-time youtuber while still having a daily purpose is something they plan for.

So there's that. I still kind of want to cry again. what even is happening
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

I was captivated by this video, like everyone else, and so excited for the post-mukbang universe.

I was especially mesmerized by Dan putting his hand on Phil's thigh, and leaving it there for many long seconds. It reminded me of an early conversation I had on this forum, nearly two years ago, when we wondered if Dan had actually touched Phil's thigh in another video (which of course he did!). How times have changed.....
lefthandedism wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:03 pm
alittledizzy wrote:
Reizam wrote:
LeftHandedism wrote: I'm living for Dan patting Phil's thigh at 8:30, saying "You really are AmazingPhil, your brand is so accurate!"
This is why I love visiting IDB after every vid... I like to see if anyone spotted anything I missed the first time. I'm hopping in the trash can with you on that .
Do you think Dan really patted Phil's thigh, or it was a tap or Dan reaching for something?

The gif makes it seem like a pat/touch but in the video it moves much faster and Dan's expression is slightly distracted.

gif source
I hadn't seen the gif--my impression was from my initial watch of the video, and I watched back that part a few times. I recognize that they reach in front of each other a lot to fiddle with the keyboard and stuff, so I agree it could be that. But in that context, that particular movement seemed like a pat to me, to go along with what Dan was saying (and, who knows, maybe he looked away on purpose so we wouldn't notice ).

[offtopic]What a totally awesome post for my *editing tips* rank! [/offtopic]
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
lesterchuu
philussy

lefthandedism wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:03 am I was captivated by this video, like everyone else, and so excited for the post-mukbang universe.

I was especially mesmerized by Dan putting his hand on Phil's thigh, and leaving it there for many long seconds. It reminded me of an early conversation I had on this forum, nearly two years ago, when we wondered if Dan had actually touched Phil's thigh in another video (which of course he did!). How times have changed.....
lefthandedism wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:03 pm
alittledizzy wrote:
Reizam wrote:
LeftHandedism wrote: I'm living for Dan patting Phil's thigh at 8:30, saying "You really are AmazingPhil, your brand is so accurate!"
This is why I love visiting IDB after every vid... I like to see if anyone spotted anything I missed the first time. I'm hopping in the trash can with you on that .
Do you think Dan really patted Phil's thigh, or it was a tap or Dan reaching for something?

The gif makes it seem like a pat/touch but in the video it moves much faster and Dan's expression is slightly distracted.

gif source
I hadn't seen the gif--my impression was from my initial watch of the video, and I watched back that part a few times. I recognize that they reach in front of each other a lot to fiddle with the keyboard and stuff, so I agree it could be that. But in that context, that particular movement seemed like a pat to me, to go along with what Dan was saying (and, who knows, maybe he looked away on purpose so we wouldn't notice ).

[offtopic]What a totally awesome post for my *editing tips* rank! [/offtopic]
i know this was already mentioned before too but he also did a cheeky thigh slap in the two rats in the kitchen video. i think the mukbang viddy sealed the deal that dan is indeed the type to casually touch the thigh area when they are referring to their important person. heck, for someone who wants to avert physical touch from people, he doesnt flinch when phil touches him, rather he is the one who initiates sometimes.

also i just love this casual honestly in body language because even a person with three brain cells know that touching the thighs connotes a certain intimacy between two people. but they dont care, and we dont care. so who cares right? :garbage:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

The video was lovely! I'm not as deeply shook as some of you seem to be, or at least my perception of them hasn't changed a lot. The video rather confirmed the impression I had already.

I know we're talking about hand on thigh, but can we talk about boxing?!!?!! Personal trainer?!? 2h of exercise??!!? BOXING???
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I fell asleep just before they uploaded cos I’d been up since 2.40am. but now my sleep pattern is slightly messed up, watched it at 3.30am when I woke up. I loved it for all its casualness and opening up. I wasn’t all that shook tbh, though I was surprised how open they were about things like anxiety, though even so, even Phil’s mentioned it a bit before so it was more a progression than a surprise, but still deeper insight than I’d expect. Dan feeling he panics more these days is sad to hear especially after he’s done therapy and medication, it’s not all gone away, but that’s real and was the same for me. Hopefully he’s finding his own ways of dealing with it if he’s finished with things like therapy, though you can always go back.

On a shallower note, I found Phil particularly pretty in this one. And I love his emoji pyjamas. Long may they reign. The most surprising thing to me was how casually Mr. I-can’t-say-f*** Phil said “that nearly hit me in the balls”. That and Dan saying they were sharing their pizza ritual with us paved the way for more.

So many good posts, I love reading the essays and the short and sweet squeeing. Also lovely to wake up to.

@RiriPandaHeart2, you’re right about the differences between the editions, btw.
Phantasy
woodland creature

rizzo wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:37 am
alittledizzy wrote:25:32 - "Character progression. It's good." Dan feels like he's growing a lot as a person and isn't in a hurry to put himself out there. He's happy to be in a cocoon until he's ready to be like - *jazz hands*."
i just want to know what the jazz hands MEAN!!!! but take your time, dan, i guess.
I think we all know what that means... :prideheart2:
BUT we could know “in two weeks”! The next dinof perhaps?? *notgettingmyhopesup*
To think of all the wonderful things this year has delivered, and there’s still room for MORE character progression.

If he reflects upon who he was just 3 months ago, I wonder how much he thinks back to the dark days of 2012/2013 Dan—talk about character progression! If we see full blown jazz hands Dan by the end of the year then 20gayteen will go down as the most remarkable, fabulous and fantastic year ever in the annals of Phandom history.
:newyear:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I think I'm finally at a point where I can pick out a bit and talk mostly coherently about it without feeling the need to lay down for 10 hours. I'm so enjoying all the discussion on here so far, everyone's different insights are so, so great.

Ramble about love language, what I think the video says without actually voicing any of it, and some general flailing over the video under the cut because it's a wall of text.
Something I really noticed was Dan's little touches and Phil's continual words of encouragement and affirmation to Dan. They're things we've seen from both of them in past videos, but I think there was a certain vulnerability in the way they were interacting with each other, especially during those moments.

To get into their love languages, Dan reads to me as words of affirmation, while Phil is physical touch, and I think both of those played really well off each other in this. They used both of those on each other through this, which shows their comfort with each other, and just how well they know each other's boundaries. It's something we haven't really seen as in depth as we saw in this video. The words of affirmation (some timestamped examples are under the cut) are used sooo frequently in this video, which is telling of the vulnerability of the whole thing. They've never done something like this before, and we've never seen them so relaxed, especially in a main channel video. I think Phil confirming that they wanted this to be a raw kind of video on twitter says a lot about how they've presented themselves in this, and how we can think about them moving forward.
12:58 - P: "Are you okay?"
19:36 - P: "Are you okay?"
-The repetition of this is great because both moments it's used in Dan's going off about how much food means to him, and considering Dan's nerves about eating on camera, I think it's just nice to see Phil check in a bit in those moments.

14:20-15:23 - Phil talking about being quiet growing up and going on tour and Dan chiming in occasionally about how there's nothing wrong with that, and that it's a crazy difference between then and now. They also reflect on the audience and meeting people about how that helps, and Dan knows that it helps Phil (and both of them).
-It's no surprise that we all know Phil hasn't opened up much in the past on his main channel. It was never his style, and it helped maintain that relatable but distant amazingphil brand. This really called back to the "why I changed my hair" video, where we're getting this new side of Phil where he talks about things that worry him, and that he struggles and actually talks about his feelings past the surface level (see: Handmaids Tale mention too, 25:11). Having Dan sit with him through that and interrupt at certain points to say "that's fine, that's good", or at the end to reflect on how much he knows Phil's changed in a way that's beneficial. It's subtle encouragement while still maintaining some bants.

18:08 - P: "Hey you're doing well, you're eating and people are watching"
D: "Don't talk about it" -- then Dan talks about confrontation and people's responses to it, and how he doesn't like it.
P: "Yeah that's true. Shouldn't have brought it up"
-This bit is interesting because Phil's genuinely trying to lift up Dan and pay attention to his discomfort and how he's dealt with it so far. Dan doesn't react as Phil expected him to, and Phil immediately sees this, paying attention to what Dan's saying and agreeing with him. It's affirmative language again, with Phil's "yeah"s. The last thing Phil says before the topic changes is interesting. It's almost an apology without being one, and such a quick moment where they're both back on the same wavelength with their boundaries within this video, something that Phil clearly didn't realise he was overstepping a bit. I think what makes it more interesting is that they could have cut that whole bit out. It's vulnerable, but I think it shows how much care they take with each other too, which is refreshing and new and nice to see explicitly like that.

20:28 P: "I think people just want you to be happy and happy with what you're making"
21:02 D: "I'm not saying that what I make is great, it's just that for me to create I have to be very intense about it"
P: "Well that's fine"
-These are some really prime examples of affirmative language. Dan struggles with his channel and with how he wants to present himself, and Phil's right there to let him know that whatever he does and whatever he decides to do is going to be fine, as long as he's happy doing it and as long as it feels right to him. It's just really sweet.

28:32-28:53 - Dan asks if Phil ever thinks he doesn't have a personality. Phil has the wrong reaction, which makes Dan immediately call for a subject change, but Phil carefully brings it back.
-This is another moment of vulnerability for Dan. It's moment where he wants to talk about something it's clear he's thought about before, but Phil reacts in a way that shows an instant disconnect from what Dan's saying, something he didn't expect. I feel like if we got this moment in a video a few years ago, it would have been played off as a part of Dan's existential branding and like something weird. But Phil brings it back so delicately. He uses positive language to lift Dan up and assure him, but also to feel out what Dan meant by that and talk about it with him. It feels like a really natural discussion between them, one that would most definitely be more personal without the camera in front of them. I just love the way that Phil eases them into the topic after Dan starts to bail on it, and how he keeps a jokey tone while still being mindful. It's a really interesting look at their dynamic, and I think it's a great example of the "best friends first" aspect of their relationship.
10:17-10:31 - Phil's a bad influence on Dan, in many ways. Dan pats his shoulder at 10:30.
22:10 - D, [hand on Phil's shoulder]: "cause when you're on tour, you are just there to wake up and do the show", then Phil veers them away from a lack of purpose in life, post-tour crisis conversation with Spiderman.
23:15 - Dan's hand on Phil's thigh as he talks about dealing with the clutter Phil creates.
-There isn't really anymore touching from either of them in the video, and the touching is really distinctive in these moments. They're all instances where Dan's getting Phil's attention. Aside from the lack of purpose discussion being brought on by Dan, the other two moments are really quite fond ones, where Dan is talking about the ways Phil makes his life more "difficult", but he's focused on Phil as he says it, and touching him in a way that signals how much he cares about him, regardless of the stuff that annoys him.
Ultimately on the topic of love language, I think it really shows how much they mean to each other without saying anything. I think that's very Dan and Phil, and very Dan and Phil in 2018 with their audience. I think having a video like this, that says so much through actions and without actually saying any of the words needed to convey certain things, on amazingphil as Phil's return after 3 months speaks volumes about where they're going to go when everything with ii is over. There's so much more in the video that I want to talk about/"analyze" in the same sense as I just did, but I'll leave the wall of text at that, and just say that I'm very excited for what's to come.

Also some good domestic content:
11:00 - D: "that would have been a category--"
P: "That would have been a category 9" ...are you telling me they have levels for disasters in their household? Please just kill me right now god

22:40-22:48 - Phil brought Dan's candle. First of all, good bf with that expensive as fuck candle, I'm not over the domestic care behind that gift. Second, Dan's fucking reaction just murdered me. I am soft and Sad.

30:07-30:15 - Vest bants. Phil isn't confident about how he'd look in one but Dan says he can pull it off. Like god, can they be any sweeter with each other? I'm getting cavities.

Also that whole bit with the personal trainer and boxing ahh. They're really living that codependent life in the best way. And just saying but those would make some great insta stories. Just saying...
And finally just a bit I loved and made me think a bit:
25:30 - D: "Character progression. It's good."
-Dan talking about character progression and then Phil agreeing, right up until Dan talks about being in a cocoon and they both imitate an ultimate change (ta-da! *jazz hands*) at the end. I'm just very, very happy for their happiness and where they are right now, and moving towards together. I would go into more detail but I need to get to bed or I'll be a zombie tomorrow, so I'll leave it at it makes me really think about where they're going to go, and what they decide to do as we step into this new era. It makes me kind of really excited. I think the post-mukbang universe is going to be a really good one.
This is an extremely random last tangent, but you know what's so interesting about this, I know that Dan has notes on his laptop, and that's why it was there and why he tapped it at the end when he was asking about wrapping up, and to me that reads similarly to their liveshows, where they absolutely have notes about what to talk about, but this was so much more chill and lowkey and them. I think that goes hand in hand with the pressure of being live, but it's just nice to see them like this in an edited video. I guess that also goes back to this video being a step into a new era. It also really makes me want a podcast from them lol. Bants over notes while having a meaningful discussion about things is my jam. But also just more videos like this one, forever plz :] <3
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

i haven't rewatched the video yet, but i slept, i'm up, im at uni and my brain is less mushy

first of all : thanks @Elemancy @alittledizzy @idk @obsessivelymoody (and everyone really) for your interesting posts. the video really shook me, i laughed, cried and both at the same time and you all managed to put my thought into swords. thank you, i love you all <3

for my own sake, i'm gonna try to put into words what i think : i love how genuine and honest they were. i didn't know this was what i needed, i didn't know this could happen and be so amazing. it's just.. their honesty really did something to me (maybe because it's what i value most) and i'm beyond over the moon that it happened. To me it's their way of showing they really truly love us and they trust us and i love that we have this happy "relationship"

i don't have much to add but i'm gonna make a mini list (really non exhaustive, it's just from memory) of the cute moments i liked :

- them bickering for who is gonna open the door (same with my best friend but i always do it)
- dan's pjs, i love him in these pjs
- dan's top, it's on of my fav
- how cute comfy and warm they looked
- it's incredible for two peope to be that intertwined and comfortable. absolute miracle
- dan saying "fuck" after the "soft warm hole" bit (it really stroke me)

hum.. that's all, i think! i'll just be here, on my own little cloud :happytears:
:gayaf: