Dan & Phil Part 78: have the courage to exist.

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
phanfckingtastic
living flop
Pronouns: he/him

What a joy that the Best Part of the (Phan) Year has officially started. And with a (muk)bang. That video had me smiling the whole time. All the deep shit has been already discussed and my opinions usually rub people the wrong way so I will avoid it! :)
A shallow observation instead: now I've rewatched it and my Phillie ass finally paid a bit more attention to Dan, I can't get over the way he eats, he just looks like a tall small child, it's so endearing and slightly disgusting at the same time lmao. The editing with the dramatic zoom ins when Dan drinks are such a nice touch. Their editing in general is so underrated imo and is such an important part of their content. :tu:

On a throwback note, I came across a bootleg vid of the original cast of Book of Mormon (if you haven't seen it run to yt and search it by its name, the full video is there with a Frozen nod in the title ;)) and I didn't know at a certain point one of the characters has a huge (papier mache?) head that immediately reminded me of Dil's in Tatinof. Given that d&p love BoM, could it be they got the inspiration from that? Just a thought I had while watching it. Apologies if it's been discussed endlessly. I wish we'd had directors commentary for Tatinof, so happy we're getting it for ii, can't bloody wait.

I've been so busy this month that only just now noticed there are less than two weeks until the big H so maybe a week or so until the spooky videos start? Hy P ed :skeleton:
eternal dan and phil mood -> :happytears:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Do you mean disgustingly cute or something, or messy? I noticed Dan was careful to use a napkin a lot, that was sweet.

Interesting similarity in papier-mâché heads. They probably did get the idea from there, though we can’t know for sure.
phanfckingtastic
living flop

flarequake wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:59 pm Do you mean disgustingly cute or something, or messy? I noticed Dan was careful to use a napkin a lot, that was sweet.

Interesting similarity in papier-mâché heads. They probably did get the idea from there, though we can’t know for sure.
Yeah, they both are careful guys, which I appreciate!! Dan just naturally eats like a well-mannered toddler, I don't know how else to explain it, all dimply chewing and ocasional enthusiastic mouth noises. Same when he drinks, in my eyes it's just like the way a boy drinks. Maybe because I'm used to being around small children I have a clearer image, but his gestures and faces, the concentration and the side biting of the nuggets, to me look exactly like say, a 4 year old.
(Also outside of food, like when he grabbed his face to tell Phil he's more anxious now. Idk, maybe it's just me.)

Oh, I meant in a disgusting way because I have what I would call mild misophonia lol. But he's also cute af, so all is forgiven. :D
eternal dan and phil mood -> :happytears:
flarequake
not an airport stalker

That description of all the things he does make it sound even cuter. I worked with kids, a long while ago now, I think I can remember some of the little ones being like that.

Oh, I see. Damn, that must be a pain.
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

@knq Ok that does clarify things I was just shocked to read it in your first post because it sounds so harsh.
knq wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:20 pm
What I was trying to refer to was a specific tendency Dan has to dissect himself and his personality in the process of making a video. I wonder and I worry whether he sews himself back together once the cameras are off. If asking 'do I have a personality?' is opening a wound, has that wound been left open to bleed out or is it being properly cared for with like, stitches and frequently changed bandages and conversations with his loved ones and therapist?
My two cents on this: what Dan does is similar to what I do. People are different, but for some of us bringing up thoughts we have of ourselves, including personal issues that we might feel conflicted about, is helpful. I take his words as an invitation to self-reflect on the issue, to maybe get going a conversation so you can hear another point of view (Phil's), or just because you think there is merit in thinking about these things. It's a bit similar to using sarcasm or self-depreciation to create some distance between [the issue] and [yourself] while at the same time talking about it. You can bring something up in a very roundabout way.

Personally I don't think he really talks about his most sensitive issues. Mostly. Even in the depression vid, he doesn't really go into the details and talks about it in a way that you could also see it as info(tainment). He leaves room for multiple causes and approaches and just sends out general, sound messages like talk about it, go find the help that helps you, don't be afraid of medication. He also filmed the video after he stopped taking medication and was feeling better. It's a rocky road to recovery of course and you can always relapse (the mukbang vid interestingly confirmed that the start of this year might have been one of those periods)
My guess is that he brings up issues he finds interesting but doesn't really feel to conflicted about (maybe like the 'i have no personality thing') or that are sensitive but that he feels confident enough about to throw into the open. At least that's what I hope. I don't think he would really tear open his real wounds live on camera, though maybe at times the feeback impacts him more than he wished. Above all, I appreciate the honest attempt to bring it up.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Looks like they had a nice time at the museum with Bryony!
ratlad
angel bean

they were at an art gallery with bryony!
i wonder why phil made his ig story look like they were there for hours n hours n hours though.
i mean, unless they were... cool!
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Ooh, I love the one of Phil with the curtain and Dan in the big mirror. Also all the little mirrored balls.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

autumnhearth
senpai

Nice! I’m curious about what shirt that is under Dan’s jacket. At first I thought it was part of the jacket, like some of his other coats have layers, but that’s his black jacket with the big zips right? It seems to be an asymmetrical button up. It reminds me a little bit of a chef’s smock, but it’s probably cooler than that.

Found it!

https://us.asos.com/asos/asos-collarles ... f8b4e75e3e

Plus an asymmetrical shirt I’d love to see him in:

https://www.m0derno.com/products/mens-b ... -mod1430ls
starwatersong
phabergé

Didn't see anyone post the BBC official II DVD trailer from YouTube... putting it under a spoiler for those brave souls still staying pure for the main event. :platonic:
kavat
pastel persona

What a nice art outing. The room full of smaller mirror balls is a piece by Yayoi Kusama, a wonderful Japanese artist that I really recommend seeing if there's an exhibition near you.
kavat
pastel persona

Sorry for double post but i find this hilarious
Ablissa
pastel persona

kavat wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:08 am Sorry for double post but i find this hilarious
Omg, that is absolutely hilarious. They really summed up the show nicely :rofl:
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

Happy Phanniversary! :deppy: :garbage: :6-year-old dan:
sweetlyphan
delia smith

Ablissa wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:01 am
kavat wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:08 am Sorry for double post but i find this hilarious
Omg, that is absolutely hilarious. They really summed up the show nicely :rofl:
:prideheart2:
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Well, that is the bbfc’s job ;) Inform the peeps. I’m surprised they only mention those most obvious references and not the rest of the innuendos. The reviewers would have understood them well enough, but I guess the boys innuendo well and they pass as kid-friendly enough for not being blatant. Or furry jokes, etc, are milder than we think, idk.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Why even write a text for the back of the DVD, they could have just used that.
If that text doesn't want to make you see the show, I am not sure what will.
ratlad
angel bean

happy phannie day
the BBC warning is hilarious
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
flarequake
not an airport stalker

The BBFC isn’t the BBC, people :candycorn: I love these emojis. Candy corn tastes like soap, but at least it looks pretty.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

i am in class, it made me snort quite loud and everyone turned around to look at me and SO WORTH IT :rofl:
:gayaf:
Stakhanov
haru pillow

Lol i'm surprised there's a law or business convention that forces you to list everything that could be found offensive about a movie in the UK. It's just so ridiculous and pointless :lol:

I guess going by this description Interactive Introverts is all about sexual roleplay, weird chlamedia bestiality stuff and Dan and Phil must be some rude and tacky people.
It's sad how hypocritical the moral compass of countries can be. Please somebody save our children's eyes from these horrors so they can go join the army when they're 18 and die for their country like shit with their innocence intact :roll: !
A voluntary label is one thing but those descriptions show a level of legally required moralism and censorship that disgusts me.

On a lighter note Dan has liked Cole M. Sprouse again last night and those savage peppa pig compilations are quite funny (and must be one hell of an editing job to make).
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

Why do I feel like that instastory was Dan trolling us? Today of all days we get a SPON first thing. Well played boys, well played
Stakhanov
haru pillow

Yea I think he might be subtly trolling us. From my pov, it might even be a subtle fuck you to the phaniversary but it's probs just him recognizing a good spon opportunity xD

I'm banking on a video today. Come on boys, quench that Thirst for Content today <3
glitterintheair
phillluminati

thestigdrivesamini wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:19 pm Why do I feel like that instastory was Dan trolling us? Today of all days we get a SPON first thing. Well played boys, well played
Lmao I actually thought the same thing. But if I'm honest, I would have probably done the same, you know... just to be chaotic :thekoolkatz:
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.