Dan & Phil Part 79: calm down there bub

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Ah, well now, that makes sense.
Phantasy
woodland creature

dc34 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:40 am An end of an era, its bittersweet. Im sad cause ii was so great, even tho I went by myself I had so much fun. ( agree with @liola , thats how i felt when i watched the show) But im excited to see what 2019 holds in store, its a clean slate for the first time in years and im interested to see what'll they'll do .

Also, smooth Phil smooth #PillowGate
2018 has been such a blessing and such a huge step forward for them (and us). No real controversies, no phan-denials, no backtracking or condescending Dan waffles during a live show. From Phil maturing his content (or at least dialogue) and his unabashedly male-attraction references, to Dan’s living my truth revelations and majority queer culture likes across his social medias—it just feels like this is the most honest and authentic they’ve ever been with their audience and I couldn’t be happier and prouder for them.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

at first i thought phil was referring to his other AP pillow as his "other pillow" but idk why he'd miss it unless it was just a throwaway comment to give a quick answer. but it does sound like his actual other pillow, since he just .... doesn't use the one he'd brought.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Meanwhile, I'm over here demon-phannie-ing, thinking his "other pillow" was Dan on nights when they had to sleep on the bus.

I'll be over here in the corner of shame.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

rizzo wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:00 am Meanwhile, I'm over here demon-phannie-ing, thinking his "other pillow" was Dan on nights when they had to sleep on the bus.

I see you in that corner and I just wanna say - love what you've done with the place. Look super cozy. Well lived in, you know? Has that homey feel. Might even be in the market for a corner like that myself. Shame can be like the neighborhood theme.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:07 am
rizzo wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:00 am Meanwhile, I'm over here demon-phannie-ing, thinking his "other pillow" was Dan on nights when they had to sleep on the bus.

I see you in that corner and I just wanna say - love what you've done with the place. Look super cozy. Well lived in, you know? Has that homey feel. Might even be in the market for a corner like that myself. Shame can be like the neighborhood theme.
Well, in that case, welcome to the neighborhood!

kay
phabergé

this was suuuuuch a treat to watch. they seem so relaxed and confident, and above all, super happy to be there with the fans and interact with them. i kept thinking about dapgoose and how it felt simultaneously very similar but very different? of course the bants and the setup, the viewing content and the Q&A was the same, but there just seemed to be a veil of ease and familiarity there that wasn't present at dapgoose. of course they're more seasoned now and everything, but it felt like something else too. idk, maybe i was just watching it with these glorious 2018 goggles on. 8-)
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

Phantasy wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:38 am
dc34 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:40 am An end of an era, its bittersweet. Im sad cause ii was so great, even tho I went by myself I had so much fun. ( agree with @liola , thats how i felt when i watched the show) But im excited to see what 2019 holds in store, its a clean slate for the first time in years and im interested to see what'll they'll do .

Also, smooth Phil smooth #PillowGate
2018 has been such a blessing and such a huge step forward for them (and us). No real controversies, no phan-denials, no backtracking or condescending Dan waffles during a live show. From Phil maturing his content (or at least dialogue) and his unabashedly male-attraction references, to Dan’s living my truth revelations and majority queer culture likes across his social medias—it just feels like this is the most honest and authentic they’ve ever been with their audience and I couldn’t be happier and prouder for them.
thank you for this. my sentiment exactly and reading your post made me emotional, and made me realise what a year it's been. can't wait for 2019.
:gayaf:
kavat
pastel persona

The Q&A was really fun. Not only did Dan and Phil put on a funny show, but I liked that there was big a sense of community. People in the audience had their questions answered, I recognized a couple of usernames they shouted out, people in the audience did as well. They talked about people they met and the reactions from the audience. And this moment from the m&g when they met the infamous Jotalina. It makes be happy to not only enjoy their content but being part of the community is at least as (if not more) fun. <3

I might be completely boring but I didn't think anything of the pillow comment at all. I assumed that he brought his actual pillow with the AP pillow case, and that the pillow he missed was another one, maybe one of those memory foam ones that would be impractical to travel with. I always sleep with three pillows so that didn't strike me as odd. But that might just be me :shrug:
knq
lava lamp

Grumpybisexual wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:12 pm Aww well, that was pretty much exactly what I had expected from a Q&A! Some of my favorite bits:

- Their pre-show ritual of looking at each other and making funny faces! I find that so adorable for some reason :happytears:
- Phil missing his family and his ~other pillow.
- Dan tearing up backstage when everyone was singing along to Black Parade because SAME!! I was just sitting there watching everyone waving their hands and singing along and ugh :happytears:
- Phil wanted fire in the show?? Not surprised tbh :lol:
- Dan's favorite bit of the show is the ending for obvious reasons :love2:
- Also at the end of the livestream after they come off stage the music keeps playing for a bit and then I think we can hear Phil saying "You okay?" and Dan replies "... Yeah.. Yeah." :happytears:
I heard that too! At first I thought it was just random words, as I only hear the ‘ok’ and the ‘yeah, yeah’ but on rewatch the intonation of Dan’s(?) yeahs sounds like he’s answering an unexpected question. Higher pitched at first and then repeated in a more certain tone.

Constant checking in isn’t unusual for them so I’m just going to go ahead and believe that whether it’s true or not cause it makes me happy.
autumnhearth
senpai

Thanks for the responses re gtpwtw. I dunno, for me I did prefer the tour more than the actual show. The Instagram content made me happy. So yeah, if that was a conscious part of it, then I guess they did give me what I wanted. I’m going to chuck it up to a weird depressed mood yesterday, but I was feeling really weird about shipping phan for the first time last night. I can’t explain it rationally. So thank you for the positive posts that helped put this year in perspective. And of course I still think the tour was really good for them, connecting with their audience around the world.

Re the pillow thing I didn’t think much of it watching, then was surprised people thought it was obvious, I did assume you guys thought he was referring to Dan and I might have rolled my eyes, the AP vs grey pillows kinda makes sense except that yeah, you can switch covers and we know he has two sets of the AP bedding. I mentioned it to my husband last night and he said he wouldn’t risk taking his favorite pillow for fear of loosing it somewhere along the tour, which makes sense. So I think that’s where I’m at. :shrug:
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

knq wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:03 am
Grumpybisexual wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:12 pm Aww well, that was pretty much exactly what I had expected from a Q&A! Some of my favorite bits:

- Their pre-show ritual of looking at each other and making funny faces! I find that so adorable for some reason :happytears:
- Phil missing his family and his ~other pillow.
- Dan tearing up backstage when everyone was singing along to Black Parade because SAME!! I was just sitting there watching everyone waving their hands and singing along and ugh :happytears:
- Phil wanted fire in the show?? Not surprised tbh :lol:
- Dan's favorite bit of the show is the ending for obvious reasons :love2:
- Also at the end of the livestream after they come off stage the music keeps playing for a bit and then I think we can hear Phil saying "You okay?" and Dan replies "... Yeah.. Yeah." :happytears:
I heard that too! At first I thought it was just random words, as I only hear the ‘ok’ and the ‘yeah, yeah’ but on rewatch the intonation of Dan’s(?) yeahs sounds like he’s answering an unexpected question. Higher pitched at first and then repeated in a more certain tone.

Constant checking in isn’t unusual for them so I’m just going to go ahead and believe that whether it’s true or not cause it makes me happy.
I also heard it but originally thought it was about turning the stream off as I just heard “(something) okay” at the start. The stream then turned off for all of a second just when they were talking before it was back on again before being switched off. Whether it was checking g that or on each other it was just nice to hear them less ‘on’.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

kay wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:03 am this was suuuuuch a treat to watch. they seem so relaxed and confident, and above all, super happy to be there with the fans and interact with them. i kept thinking about dapgoose and how it felt simultaneously very similar but very different? of course the bants and the setup, the viewing content and the Q&A was the same, but there just seemed to be a veil of ease and familiarity there that wasn't present at dapgoose. of course they're more seasoned now and everything, but it felt like something else too. idk, maybe i was just watching it with these glorious 2018 goggles on. 8-)
I really get the same vibe with ease and familiarity in what they do with the audience now. I honestly think they genuinely like us - like having an audience, like who their audience is - now more than they did even three, four years ago. I think that for a while, for Dan especially, the audience was almost a kind of enemy. Maybe it was having to make dinof videos well past when he wanted, maybe it was because of the sexuality think and the whole wink-wink-we-know at a point before Dan himself was actually ready to acknowledge people knowing. (Semi-related - anyone watch Connor's video? Not relevant to them right now but I see a strong case for Dan and Phil circa 2012 in it when Connor talked about his own past experiences and what negatively impacted him.) But I think he's laid a lot of his anxieties with us to rest. Not all of them - just... enough. Enough to be enjoying what he does in a more unreserved way now.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I think that Dan repeating over and over again how important was for them to meet their audience and see who we actually are says a lot. I feel like they - especially Dan - had a slightly altered idea of who their current fanbase was and that caused them to act different with us. With this tour they had the chance to realize that we are a lot of different people of different ages and sexualities and it has been eye-opening for them; I genuinely believe they feel a bit safer with us now, because they know we can understand and even relate.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Grumpybisexual
delia smith
Pronouns: She/her

By the way, all this discussion about how deppy view their audience reminded me of something!

Did they ever talk about the results of the "dnp should give the people : what the people want / what dnp want." question in any of the shows? I'm dying to know what the percentages are! Do you think more people answered "what dnp want" than they expected? Maybe that was part of what made them realize we cared about ~them more than we care about content? :hmmm:
emmaP
phillion/danosaur <//3

I don't know if it's because I've been sick at home for a few days or if I'm just being too nosy, but I've been peeking at D&P's companieshouse account yesterday (because I really wanted to know if they could afford their foreverhome yet with all the #spons they've been doing lately, and being sick at home is so so incredibly boring).

Anyway, I saw that Phil's director details have changed everywhere (only his, not dans details), which can mean 3 things: 1. a change of name 2. a change of company adress (which is still the same) 3. a change of residential adress.

Now my inner pessimist is quite convinced that.. well.. he's moved? It just seems SO unlikely. Does anyone know what this means ? Am I going full Shane Dawson conspiracy theory with this?

maybe its the flu and i'm hallucinating, i cant even tell at this point pls send help and a hot chocolate
liola
rankussy

emmaP wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:29 pm I don't know if it's because I've been sick at home for a few days or if I'm just being too nosy, but I've been peeking at D&P's companieshouse account yesterday (because I really wanted to know if they could afford their foreverhome yet with all the #spons they've been doing lately, and being sick at home is so so incredibly boring).

Anyway, I saw that Phil's director details have changed everywhere (only his, not dans details), which can mean 3 things: 1. a change of name 2. a change of company adress (which is still the same) 3. a change of residential adress.

Now my inner pessimist is quite convinced that.. well.. he's moved? It just seems SO unlikely. Does anyone know what this means ? Am I going full Shane Dawson conspiracy theory with this?

maybe its the flu and i'm hallucinating, i cant even tell at this point pls send help and a hot chocolate
I understand the boredom but you failed to mention that Dan's details also changed (in October), as you can see in the filing history of Dan Howell Ltd. Moreover, for IRL digital their details changed once again around the first half of the year, Martyn's included. I'm gonna assume it's either a routine thing or, if the address indeed changed, is because they finally bought a house. Literally nothing about them indicates separation, and I just really wanna avoid the separation rumours that will start
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

liola wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:43 pm
emmaP wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:29 pm I don't know if it's because I've been sick at home for a few days or if I'm just being too nosy, but I've been peeking at D&P's companieshouse account yesterday (because I really wanted to know if they could afford their foreverhome yet with all the #spons they've been doing lately, and being sick at home is so so incredibly boring).

I understand the boredom but you failed to mention that Dan's details also changed (in October), as you can see in the filing history of Dan Howell Ltd. Moreover, for IRL digital their details changed once again around the first half of the year, Martyn's included. I'm gonna assume it's either a routine thing or, if the address indeed changed, is because they finally bought a house. Literally nothing about them indicates separation, and I just really wanna avoid the separation rumours that will start
Yep, what Lia said; Dan and Phil's director details were both changed on the same day for their respective companies, both on 9 October (with the change reflected on 10 October). So if it was a change of residential address... they changed them at the same time. :)
blackdenim
procrastinator

Hello I’m back after a long absence/bout of depression (during which I was dumped and had a death in the family... joy!) I literally haven’t been on here since I went to the London II show with all the other lovely IDBers!

Hope you’re all good! I’ve missed you all but tbh I’ve been too sad to keep up with D&P so I’m totally out of the loop HOWEVER I can weigh in on the Companies House stuff... you don’t have to provide a residential address when you register a company: you provide a correspondence address which is where HMRC send all your tax documents. For most people this probably would be their office address or residential address if they work from home. But it can really be anywhere you’re happy to receive mail and as D&P were probably already well known at the point at which they formed their limited companies, it’s more likely it’s their accountant’s or management’s address, or the address IRL operates out of. So probably one of those addresses changed - especially since as someone has noted, Dan’s info and the IRL info changed at the same time.

hope u have all missed me and my very specific knowledge of business and tax affairs :’) :’)

Also just wondering where we are at with the 2 flats “theory” in my absence I’m still willing to defend it to the death.
emmaP
phillion/danosaur <//3

Thanks for the quick answers guys. I definitely do no want any separation rumours or stuff like that starting, sorry ):

liola wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:43 pm I understand the boredom but you failed to mention that Dan's details also changed (in October), as you can see in the filing history of Dan Howell Ltd. Moreover, for IRL digital their details changed once again around the first half of the year,
Dan's details don't show up for me (I was looking at the D&P productions limited page, maybe that's what I did wrong? I havent looked at the IRL digital one tbh) and that's why I was freaking out a bit, sorry. I double checked again a few minutes ago and I can still only see Phils details :( But if you see Dan's details it must be my pc or something, maybe I should delete my cookies.
blackdenim wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:37 pm hope u have all missed me and my very specific knowledge of business and tax affairs :’) :’)
Aw, I hope you feel better now and thank you, your very specific knowledge is very much appreciated :lol:

Again, sorry, im a flop, i was just a bit freaked out i guess :(
liola
rankussy

Don't worry @emmaP I just thought it would be best to reply and preemptively stop people from getting freaked out! When you check out the filing history for a company you can also see the section of the people associated with it and visit all the companies they have a role for. I've noticed that Phil seems to either have two profile/accounts or has a glitch data entry cause sometimes he will show up in two different searches with different company results, so clearly take that into consideration!
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
knq
lava lamp

liola wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:15 pm Don't worry @emmaP I just thought it would be best to reply and preemptively stop people from getting freaked out! When you check out the filing history for a company you can also see the section of the people associated with it and visit all the companies they have a role for. I've noticed that Phil seems to either have two profile/accounts or has a glitch data entry cause sometimes he will show up in two different searches with different company results, so clearly take that into consideration!
One of the Phils lives in the United Kingdom. The other lives in England. :tinfoil:

(It looks to me like dnp changed their details on their main companies in October. Then in November Phil remembered he has two other companies and changed his details there. Dan never remembered. And neither of them remembered to change their details on the rest of their companies. They have a lot of companies.)
gnostic
stress mushroom

As a solicitor I can unreservedly confirm 99% of discrepancies in company data can be explained by people being inattentive incompetent idiots
Just here for the marketing skills
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

blackdenim wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:37 pm Hello I’m back after a long absence/bout of depression (during which I was dumped and had a death in the family... joy!) I literally haven’t been on here since I went to the London II show with all the other lovely IDBers!

Hope you’re all good! I’ve missed you all but tbh I’ve been too sad to keep up with D&P so I’m totally out of the loop HOWEVER I can weigh in on the Companies House stuff... you don’t have to provide a residential address when you register a company: you provide a correspondence address which is where HMRC send all your tax documents. For most people this probably would be their office address or residential address if they work from home. But it can really be anywhere you’re happy to receive mail and as D&P were probably already well known at the point at which they formed their limited companies, it’s more likely it’s their accountant’s or management’s address, or the address IRL operates out of. So probably one of those addresses changed - especially since as someone has noted, Dan’s info and the IRL info changed at the same time.

hope u have all missed me and my very specific knowledge of business and tax affairs :’) :’)

Also just wondering where we are at with the 2 flats “theory” in my absence I’m still willing to defend it to the death.
I hope you're doing better now <3 Glad to see you back!

Do you know what it means that Dan, Phil, and Martyn reclassified their shares of IRL Digital? I tried to google it back when I noticed it and just gave myself a headache.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:06 am Do you know what it means that Dan, Phil, and Martyn reclassified their shares of IRL Digital? I tried to google it back when I noticed it and just gave myself a headache.
What did they reclassify them to? And what were they before?