Dan & Phil Part 79: calm down there bub

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
dc34
glabella
Pronouns: she/her

eh I personally just find that video hilarious, dip n pip are both objectively attractive men so pointing it seems harmless tho I can see why someone would find it cringe since their friends

also, like @Catallena said its like I woke up in 2015 with BYT being brought up and people taking a stab at deppy's audience. I thought we were over it, but I guess people just want to get us riled up so they can blame the victim again. Louise is not a bad person but boy is she tone def when it comes to fandoms and how they work.

I personally wouldn't care for deppy's 2016 opinions bc they wouldn't be the same as they are today. Dan even said in the mukbang that he's at a stage were he's always growing, and even stuff from 6 months ago don't align to what he thinks. I guess the content would be nice, but it wouldn't reflect 2018 Dan and Phil.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Josh ramsay's instagram lol

(it's a picture of him with a hashtag that says he doesn't look like amazingphil. I don't know how to imbed it on mobile, but it amused me greatly. Moody will probably get a kick out of this, and maybe some others if there's any more mtrench fans here. He has similar hair again back to what he had in 2012 when everyone said he looked like Phil, so I assume that's what brought it up again)
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

whatdoiknow wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:41 pm Josh ramsay's instagram lol

(it's a picture of him with a hashtag that says he doesn't look like amazingphil. I don't know how to imbed it on mobile, but it amused me greatly. Moody will probably get a kick out of this, and maybe some others if there's any more mtrench fans here. He has similar hair again back to what he had in 2012 when everyone said he looked like Phil, so I assume that's what brought it up again)

lol he's catering particularly to us. And yeah he showed up Phil's first tumblr tag video for comparison too

edit: is the instagram embedding not working? weird. (is it just me?) Oh and yeah, really not here for Louise's shit excuse for a joke because...who really cares? Like people have been saying, it's far from 2015 now. I think it would be interesting to see for comparisons sake but otherwise? nah
greenergrass
stress mushroom

obsessivelymoody wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:49 pm

lol he's catering particularly to us. And yeah he showed up Phil's first tumblr tag video for comparison too

edit: is the instagram embedding not working? weird. (is it just me?) Oh and yeah, really not here for Louise's shit excuse for a joke because...who really cares? Like people have been saying, it's far from 2015 now. I think it would be interesting to see for comparisons sake but otherwise? nah
Phil needs to just do the right thing and invite josh over to celebrate dan and josh's joint birthday next year (sorry, I am endlessly amused that josh 'apparently' looks like phil and also has the same bday as dan)
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

whatdoiknow wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:56 pm

Phil needs to just do the right thing and invite josh over to celebrate dan and josh's joint birthday next year (sorry, I am endlessly amused that josh 'apparently' looks like phil and also has the same bday as dan)
now this is a concept i can get behind. i mean, change.org? how can they refuse? (we'll start that up along with getting Harry and Phil to collab)
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i mean, i call my best friend hot/attractive cause it's true and she's okay with it. i assume Dan is fine with Louise saying it, but it's only slightly cringe to me because the fact that she still thinks the phandom is a bunch of pre-teen girls who will get jealous and get a rise out of whenever she says those things.
also- why is BYT2 being posted 3 years later? i think content creators who are specifically mentioning dnp are just trying to get attention from their audience cause, well... they don't have much of an audience themselves...
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
jesp
why bother

Yeah it looks like something got jumbled up behind the scenes and the old {and broken} instagram tags were enabled and the new tags were disabled.

edit: if any posts have broken instagram embeds, feel free to report them and we can get them fixed, no problem at all.

I've unjumbled the tags and some other stuff, so you can use "insta" -

Code: Select all

[insta]BTVi-1tFSua[/insta]
for instagram embeds, or click the "Insta" button on the posting page.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

obsessivelymoody wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:03 pm now this is a concept i can get behind. i mean, change.org? how can they refuse? (we'll start that up along with getting Harry and Phil to collab)
We're not demanding at all. Totally reasonable requests. Yep
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Hmmm.... I could really go for a new video. Feels right. Feels like a good time.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

lmao. well. they shoulda jumped on that app market sooner.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

@alittledizzy im dying, 90% of the replies to that tweet are linking Truth Bombs.
I wonder if this was an honest mistake?? With all the hands something like an app has to pass through, I have to believe at least 1 person knew what they were copying...
Grumpybisexual
delia smith
Pronouns: She/her

Poor Phil, forever uncredited for his ideas :lol: I wonder if there's anything they can do about that? Gotta get your money boys! :ourmoney:
liola
rankussy

*Dan's voice* Phil is truly underrated

(Hope big potato is aware of it and can do something about it, though I actually don't think so. as funny as it is that's low though, like, yikes. On a positive note, have the screaming concern of "dnp aren't relevant anymore" stopped yet?)
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
BuffyFiona
sofa crease

Grumpybisexual wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:11 am Poor Phil, forever uncredited for his ideas :lol: I wonder if there's anything they can do about that? Gotta get your money boys! :ourmoney:
I hope Ellen is prepared for an angry Phil DM :tsk: :frantictyping: :money:
dontpanic
#relatable

i can't watch the ellen video atm, is the app basically the same thing as dnp's game, or is it just a similar concept?
sonicgreen
woodland creature

dontpanic wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:31 am i can't watch the ellen video atm, is the app basically the same thing as dnp's game, or is it just a similar concept?
It seems really similar... :shrug:

Here are some screenshots and the description from the app store!
From the creators of "Heads Up!" and "PSYCH!" comes "The Truth Comes Out," a new party game all about you and your friends, that you can play anywhere, anytime!

Answer fun and hilarious questions about your friends, like "What's the last thing Maria googled?" and "Who is David's celebrity doppelgänger?" or "What's the biggest secret Laura is keeping?" Vote for your favorite answers, and score points when your friends choose yours.

There's more! While you're waiting for your friends to answer questions, check out the Question of the Day. There's a fun new question every day for players around the world to answer. Vote for your favorites, and see if yours makes it to the top!

Whether you're in the same room or on the go, "The Truth Comes Out" is a great way to have fun and stay connected with your friends and family!

SUBSCRIPTION PRICING AND TERMS

The Truth Comes Out offers one auto-renewing subscription option:

Adult Supervision Subscription

$1.99 per month

This price is for United States customers. Pricing in other countries may vary and actual charges may be converted to your local currency depending on the country of residence.

Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to Account Settings after purchase. Your iTunes Account will be charged when the purchase is confirmed. The Adult Supervision subscription provides access to premium content and is available as a monthly subscription.
autumnhearth
senpai

Honestly I think it’s different enough. The questions sound different and you are getting others to vote for your answer, not just hoping that the person it’s about chooses it. And it’s not that original a formula anyway. Everyone can calm down.
Grumpybisexual
delia smith
Pronouns: She/her

Honestly, this would've made such a great clickbait video title, like "WE'RE SUING ELLEN??" Thumbnail featuring Dan as a lawyer and Phil standing confidently in front of a big pile of dollar bills :lol:
dc34
glabella

I saw a snippet of the director's commentary and holy hell im so excited to see it in full

i can't wait for all the bants :6-year-old dan:
Last edited by dc34 on Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ablissa
pastel persona

In regards to the director's commentary snippet that @@dc34 mentioned, I think it's worth posting here because reasons.

SPOILER for II director's commentary - if you're avoiding spoilers, don't read this!
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

noodlebum wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:53 pm This is so cringe of Louise and Emma (from 13:25) (yes it is DnP related)

:?
a bit cringe, yeah, but like a lot of other people said i think it's pretty funny and i don't think dan would really care. either way, she's right. and she should say it. someone need to convince dan that he doesn't actually need a face transplant :lol:

on a separate note, what's everyones thoughts on louise's knowledge of the nature of dan and phil's relatinoship...i always go back and forth, i really can't gauge from the things she says if she knows or not. her old tumblr responses about phan make me question it i just can never tell if it's defensive or protective
Last edited by lefthandedism on Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed youtube embed
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

Ablissa wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:23 am In regards to the director's commentary snippet that @@dc34 mentioned, I think it's worth posting here because reasons.

SPOILER for II director's commentary - if you're avoiding spoilers, don't read this!
oh. god. i'm fucking soft. i'm sure phil was giggling at the end. i can hear them giggling. ugh so cute it's almost disgusting.
:gayaf:
liola
rankussy

Ablissa wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:23 am In regards to the director's commentary snippet that @@dc34 mentioned, I think it's worth posting here because reasons.

Oh my God, this is amazing and it's making me even more sad that I didn't pre order the dvd thinking it would be on the digital version :((
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
kavat
pastel persona

Oh my, now I'm even more excited for my dvd to arrive. That's a great teaser right there.

The game is reaaaally similar, like the basic premise of it is the same (with a worse name), but I don't think there's anything to be done as it is an app, has voting and different questions. That's probably enough for it to count as a separate thing.

I definitely think Louise knows and some of her comments are just her backwards way of denying and protecting. She's just a bit tone deaf and awkward in how she does it.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

So Dan had the AUDACITY to say that he dreams about Phil and then PHIL had the audacity to ask him how often he dreams about him. Oh my god, they can't be stopped and I'm scared.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.