Dan & Phil Part 79: calm down there bub

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

just gave it a second watch and i'm less overwhelmed and more smiley! the Voldemort comment was funny, i was also surprised that they both managed to fit in that bathtub?!?! i remember people talking about them both being in the tub together (mostly as a joke) but a lot agreed that they wouldn't be able to fit together. but damn i guess they somewhat do?? lmao.
i appreciate this pinof a lot and i cannot wait for the bloops.
in comparison to last years, i liked the silliness and softness, but they were a lot more of... themselves? this year? and i really love that.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
BuffyFiona
sofa crease
Pronouns: she/her

I loved pinof, I laughed a lot, but most of all the lion cameo has me soft :happytears: :lionlove:

Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

i am no longer alive. i have no words. it's my new favourite pinof. it was genuinely so funny! i loved them in it. i don't know what to say really. i LOVED IT
:gayaf:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

i'ma need a timestamp for
this is also an excuse to just put this gifset on idb DON'T @ ME
dc34
glabella

I watched it twice my thoughts

I LOVED IT :cheer:

First of all, i laughed way too hard at Phil's roasting of Dan's picture, I legit had to pause cause I couldn't stop laughing :rofl:

I also love a bit of the self awareness but it didn't take away from the video. Them just questioning how silly some of the requests were. I loved the nods to pinof 1 . I just love pinof its just them in their element making an old school style video. I know some people are questioning if this will be the last, and there was one point in the video where I questioned it but im not gonna worry. Im just going to enjoy pinof now.

The whole thing was just so cute and nice and funny and just everything.
Dan and Phil in 2k18 just makes my heart swell :happytears:
Cafil
squish
Pronouns: She/Her

Hello, I've been lurking a while, but mainly I am new :')

I just wanted somewhere to talk about the video and hear others talk about it as well! I really liked it, though I think I will need to rewatch it a few times to fully soak it in.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

rizzo wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:35 pm i'ma need a timestamp for
this is also an excuse to just put this gifset on idb DON'T @ ME
9:08 :')
parallel
phabergé

I mean, it's pretty difficult to make me hate a PINOF, so of course I loved it.

- Referencing PINOF 1
- Old hairstyles! Especially Dan. It was so weird to see him with straight hair.
- Recreating their first selfie
- Penises are "magical sex sticks" ok Daniel
- The description is "the most fun we've ever had" which... makes me emotional and sounds somewhat ominous.

Also this definitely isn't the last PINOF. PINOFs get tonnes of views which means lots of revenue, so even if they hated making PINOFs, I doubt they would stop making them. This goes especially when you consider that they're well aware of all the backlash they would get for doing that.
hello9217
flower crown

I'm really surprised to hear that people thought that dnp were bored of the questions or making fun of them. Imo last year I thought that they were so over every single question. Like dan mumbled through some of them and rolled his eyes a few times and then would say things like "how quirky" in an over exaggerated voice. But then phil did a liveshow after it and said that pinof 9 was one of his favorites to film and they had so much fun doing it.

This one seemed so natural and made me laugh so much. Like I never go on pinof re-watches because I cringe so much at them. But this one was so pleasant to watch and was such a solid representation of dnp in 2018. I have already watched it 3 times.
dae
dank meme
Pronouns: They/them

okay so me and my friend group have gotten into a bit of a disagreement on whether or not this is the last pinof (I have no clue if you guys already discussed this or not) I thought it would be interesting to get some outside opinions so.. what are your thoughts? do you think this is the last one? if so why? and vice versa :)
"Accept that you don't really have to know everything and why"
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

dae wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:02 pm okay so me and my friend group have gotten into a bit of a disagreement on whether or not this is the last pinof (I have no clue if you guys already discussed this or not) I thought it would be interesting to get some outside opinions so.. what are your thoughts? do you think this is the last one? if so why? and vice versa :)
i don't think it's the last one, for the simple reason that i don't see WHY they would stop. it's one of their most popular videos, it's tradition and they seem to genuinely like making them!
:gayaf:
glitterintheair
phillluminati

dae wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:02 pm okay so me and my friend group have gotten into a bit of a disagreement on whether or not this is the last pinof (I have no clue if you guys already discussed this or not) I thought it would be interesting to get some outside opinions so.. what are your thoughts? do you think this is the last one? if so why? and vice versa :)
I am seeing a lot of people saying that this was the final pinof but let's be real, it's still a big moneymaker for them - look at the views already. Also I don't see them ending their most beloved series without telling us first? Or maybe i'm just naive, i don't know.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

10/10 I’ve watched it 3 times already and my brain is still struggling to come up with a coherent thought. As much as they joke about Pinof 1 and our obsession with it, I think it really does mean so much to them as well.

That side by side recreation of their very first photo left me speechless (& emotional for some reason?). They’ve come so far and I’m just overwhelmed with pride.

The tub thing was jarring and unexpected hahah they really give no shits anymore and I love it. Also, I got half of my wish for Phil playing the piano. My fault for not specifying which end he should play it with.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

glitterintheair wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:14 pm
I am seeing a lot of people saying that this was the final pinof but let's be real, it's still a big moneymaker for them - look at the views already. Also I don't see them ending their most beloved series without telling us first? Or maybe i'm just naive, i don't know.
Yeah, what glitter said. Also, there's just no reason to think that it's the end except for that being a fear-based response. No one has anything concrete to base it on, it's all just speculation. I'd rather enjoy pinof 10 for what it was than immediately start looking for a reason to be upset about it.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I think a lot of people are putting stock behind "the most fun we've ever had" but I mean, after 10 videos and having this one be so chock-full of references to the first one, why would they not reference such a popular quote? People like to dramatize everything though, and while I think there are a lot of valid reasons why this would be the perfect video to end the series on, as others have said, it makes them a lot of money, is that iconic~ aspect of their branding as duo, and tbh they seem to have a lot of fun filming them. So I don't think they'll be stopping them any time soon.
bluntedclaws
rainbow nerd

Aww that was a great video! Lots of cute shout-outs to Pinof1 and great silly banter as usual. I was really happy that there was no spon and the piano butt thing made me ROFL.
I'm surprised people are making a big deal out of the bath thing though. On Superamazingproject they used to do "viewer spooky happenings" sitting in the bathtub together almost every week. I was just amused by how much bigger they are now though... or maybe their bath is just smaller.
Sorry if I say something wrong. My first language is sarcasm. I've never really learned English
susan2
rainbow nerd

Love the themed IDB header :whiskers:

- Under-mentioned quote from Dan that I really loved - "why not both" :love2:
- So many expensive unlit candles....now Diptyque...I swear they're mocking me :candle:
- Imagine being so rich you can just throw an iPhone against the wall like that :shock:
- Two flat theorists: did they walk between flats even if in the same building/nearby with those whiskers on?!
- Phil still uses the same shampoo after all these years eh (there's something oddly comforting about that)
- (almost) No spon appreciation society :clap:

The cringe card and piano bits made me genuinely laugh out loud :rofl: Despite the pressure there must be on them to produce something 'special' with PINOF each time, especially this one being the 10th, I thought they did a really good job. And Phil's confidence was shining as it has been all year. I genuinely hope it's still fun for them to film and they do have a laugh with it. This is the first year I've read through the majority of the hashtag responses they got, and then watched the finished product and saw what they'd selected and translated those into. It just made me appreciate them a whole lot, they really are very talented entertainers.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:25 pm :whiskers: VOTE FOR THE NEXT THREAD NAME HERE :whiskers:
Just popping this in here since it got buried by pinof!
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

:happytears: :rainbow:
Yup. I liked it.

Why not both? And the putting the yodelpickle down dan's shirt. Also they were just SO HANDSY. (Omg the Phil reaching around Dan to put the whiskers on.... I was like "I GUESS THIS IS HOW THIS IS GONNA BE!")

I love that they used a crappy iSight camera to recreate the old photo.

I like that it was good, and a little special, but not over-the-top talking about it being the 10th.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

susan2 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:43 pm - Phil still uses the same shampoo after all these years eh (there's something oddly comforting about that) .
Funny you should mention Phil’s (color-protecting) shampoo. One of the first things I noticed was its location... in “Dan’s” bathroom.

Love that for us. 8-)
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

Im_new_here wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:54 pm Also they were just SO HANDSY. (Omg the Phil reaching around Dan to put the whiskers on.... I was like "I GUESS THIS IS HOW THIS IS GONNA BE!")
Holy shit I had to pause and chill for a sec when that happened. Phil is such a physical person and it’s so obvious that Dan just used to it now. Like “just let me grab your entire face to draw on one section of your cheek”
intoapuddle
spork

Ok i know everyone else has calmed down and are discussing things now but I finally had time to watch it and I'm over the moon. My face is probably like this *_* right now. It was so funny. The touching. The throwbacks. Don't get me started on Phil's ass on the piano hahaha. And the look Phil gave Dan at the end, when he said "pinof 10 is complete", um... yeah. Fuck.

That aside, recreating their first selfie just made me emotional in a way. Idk. I don't really get emotional about their success typically, but it just hit me how long they've been doing this. It's insane, really. I don't know of a lot of youtubers that keep doing stuff like that and still have such genuine fun. I just... I don't think I can coherently explain what it is about it that drives me to even mention it like this, but I guess the bottom line is that I just really love them sometimes haha.

I'm going to rewatch now. :D
Dee
first-time poster

Hello! first post- and what a time to make it!
I laughed so much at Phil's ass and the piano, i was crying, i almost had to get my inhaler.
I have since replayed that scene an embarrassing amount of times, its just..hysterical!
it was such a Good™ PINOF, and Dan saying "I am TwEnTy sEvEn" just made me think of the "happy one year!" vine lmaao
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Not to stray from pinof but I just saw this and...interesting. The last (and only? I think? idk I tend to have the memory of a sieve) time they did one was in 2015 around the tabinof New York book event, so I'm quite curious about this! I expect a liveshow soon then.
autumnhearth
senpai

thestigdrivesamini wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:14 pm
Im_new_here wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:54 pm Also they were just SO HANDSY. (Omg the Phil reaching around Dan to put the whiskers on.... I was like "I GUESS THIS IS HOW THIS IS GONNA BE!")
Holy shit I had to pause and chill for a sec when that happened. Phil is such a physical person and it’s so obvious that Dan just used to it now. Like “just let me grab your entire face to draw on one section of your cheek”
It’s actually a great way to draw on that side of the face. The drag of the second grouping always felt off to me and would result in lines that were thicker further away from the nose. Since my son came off the bus with his clickable sharpie in hand, demanding whiskers, I gave Phil’s meathod a try (well kinda, I didn’t grab his face and do it upside down I simply turned my wrist, lol) Cutest whiskers he’s had. And then went off to his bff’s house. They refer to each other as soulmates and want to start a YouTube collab channel. Sigh.