Dan & Phil Part 79: calm down there bub

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

Mostly a pure spon but I did quite enjoy it. His humour is full on what sells these videos for me in the end, so cheeky with that pickle things and full on innuendo mature Phil, loved the editing bits with the tiny words! Like I don't care if it isn't a stellar video, it made me smile during the 10 minutes and I sure hope he pranks Dan with the dildo ehm pickle
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Gotta love Phil talking about that pickle vaguely like it's a dildo and keeping the vase joke alive. Otherwise it was a really hurried and really not captivating spon. Like I get the timing but the execution was not great.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

the video was fine, but a really unexpected upload though. i think it was just a little filler-vid to talk about #spon. i did laugh at phil hinting that the pickle looks like a sex toy. also thought he'd bring dan on camera to look at his "aura" but i guess not.
something that got me :tinfoil: was when he said at the beginning that he's going through junk to throw out or whatever, something like that. something you do when you're planning a move..........,,,,
but i don't think he intended to say it like that. (but they're still moving) (and yes, get that forever home coin)
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
glitterintheair
phillluminati

oh wow, was not expecting a video today. it was a bit rushed which is a shame, but i still enjoyed it and he looked very cute with the fairy lights on his head.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
pilotlight
#relatable

I live for phil attempting to speak my first mother tongue, it's both incredibly grating and hilarious. I want him to do it more.
knq
lava lamp

Twitter like from Phil: The reoccurring phallic objects and the unacknowledged vase/glass joke makes me want Phil to straight up buy a dildo, show it to us, and explain how he got this new personal massager for his sore neck.

Combined shipping, coupon code, sale items, and new stuff on their shop almost got me to finish checking out, but then the bracelet went out of stock and I realized I don’t need any of those things. I’ll bet they make $$$ though.

If the arm, moles, and lips of the person modeling the bracelet do not belong to Dan then my mind is blown.

Also let’s all just properly appreciate this domestic judgey partner tweet from earlier:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I loved it, I’m always here for Phil being cheeky and I don’t mind the spon. I’m trying to remember which youtuber I found out about honey from, probably Draw with Jazza, he gets sponned a fair bit too. Phil looked hella pretty in those hair lights and the glasses are swaggy, so is the jacket, he looks very sporty in it. That unicorn drink sounds terrible, I was surprised he drank the whole thing. Hilarious how it doesn’t even half-fill his vase :roll: those ads following you around are annoying, I’ve currently got funky patterned shoes cos they come in a low heel so I had a look. You can just delete it from the settings or turn the targeting off, of course, Phil. That pickle is ridiculous and the popcorn, for goodness’ sake, man, read the label, it was unlikely not to be very cheesy. Assuming he actually bought them for his own interest and not for the funny video ;) I’ve never heard of glasses letting you see auras, only clairvoyant people. They’ve got a good schtick there selling blue glasses :shrug:

Haha, Dan wears the bunny slippers? I missed the squashed slug part of that liveshow, I didn’t know which ones squashed it and Dan had those plain ones when he became a slipper wearer. I hear the bunny ones are very thin.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

i loved it! i lost it during the frog eyepatch thingy! i laughed so hard, i surprised myself
and phil reading french was hilarious to me, i actually didn't understand the middle of his sentence??? dan's accent is nice, phil's is more average/meh but i really appreciate the effort :D
:gayaf:
susan2
rainbow nerd

The layers of spon in that video were off the charts:
-honey spon
-Brazil movie Première + tickets
-interactiveintroverts.com
-Interactive Introverts DVD
-DanandPhil Shop
-AmazingPhil Shop
-Daniel Howell Shop
-"Festive Shop" / joining of shops
-Black Friday sale
-Doodle Planner
-Corgi socks
-Corgi hat
-DanandPhilGames PJs
-Christmas Sweaters and signed cards
-Bracelet
-Ugh beanie
-Plushies
-II hoodie
-II t-shirt
-Lion in shot
-Video over 10:00 / 2 adverts
-Spon for last video
-Subscribe to AmazingPhil
(...and I've probably missed stuff).

My rating :star: (and that's being generous), will not re-watch.
I did enjoy him using the phrase "that I cannot abide" tho. What a dad.
knq
lava lamp

knq wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:37 pm If the arm, moles, and lips of the person modeling the bracelet do not belong to Dan then my mind is blown.
Update: mind blown. The AU shop photo isn’t cropped as much as the US and UK photos. Lauren?

The ‘courage to exist’ stuff is really the only branding that I’d be interested in buying so I’m sad the T-shirt and flag seem to be gone. I hope they return as well as perhaps something with the ‘embrace the void’ part of the quote on it, as I feel it’s more powerful that way.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

knq wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:14 pm
knq wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:37 pm If the arm, moles, and lips of the person modeling the bracelet do not belong to Dan then my mind is blown.
Update: mind blown. The AU shop photo isn’t cropped as much as the US and UK photos. Lauren?

The ‘courage to exist’ stuff is really the only branding that I’d be interested in buying so I’m sad the T-shirt and flag seem to be gone. I hope they return as well as perhaps something with the ‘embrace the void’ part of the quote on it, as I feel it’s more powerful that way.
My mind is blown too- the arms looked so much like Dan’s. I don’t think it looks like Lauren though. Maybe it’s Anna or someone unknown from IRL
pilotlight
#relatable

Ataraxia25 wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:46 pm and phil reading french was hilarious to me, i actually didn't understand the middle of his sentence???
same lol
i had to give it a couple of listens
i think he tried to say « boisson énergisante aux baies sauvages, à la caféine, taurine, enrichié(?)... »
Ablissa
pastel persona

Amiaw wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:21 pm
knq wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:14 pm

My mind is blown too- the arms looked so much like Dan’s. I don’t think it looks like Lauren though. Maybe it’s Anna or someone unknown from IRL
Definitely doesn't look like Lauren to me. I'm stumped! Wish we knew who it is. I'm happy I was right in thinking it's not Dan though :D
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

It's Janice, y'all.
dc34
glabella

I liked Phil's video, tho I didn't get a notification for it. I didn't realize till 2 hours later when I saw someone talking about it on twitter

Anyway, as someone whose broke, I love watching videos of the stuff people buy cause they're rich enough to spend their money, so this was up my alley! I know it was a filler video for spon but thanfully i liked the content
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

My guess is Anna - we know she's involved with the merch stuff now since she was working the pop up shops in London and... where was the other one? Brighton?
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

That video was... a video. Fine for what it was, which was a lot of #spon. Get money boyz. I'm getting real impatient for that koi pond ngl. At least I appreciated the return of the vase.

The merch is cute, but nothing I'd actually want.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Ablissa
pastel persona

rizzo wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:05 am It's Janice, y'all.
Everybody go home, this is the only plausible explanation.
I have no idea what Anna looks like, so it might be her, might be Janice, might be Sabrina. :lol:

Also, for anyone like me that missed the bracelet (apologies if this was posted earlier but I can't find it, I am tired tho)
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Well, this video was certainly unexpected! It wasn’t my favorite video, but I definitely still found it entertaining! So I’m not going to complain. Here are my highlights:
  • [1:18] Phil’s beautiful mind never ceases to amaze me. :lol:
    P: Scared about what he’s covering up with those dungarees since he’s a pickle. Does he have a pickle on his pickle? Let’s not think about that.
    Popup: sorry world
    P: I’m not--I’m not sure I’d want someone to find this in my bedroom. It looks very suspicious. It’s a lot bigger than I thought. I mean, It’s a pretty girthy pickle. If you got that in your sandwich, you’d have a very vinegary mouth afterwards.
    Popup: sorry god
  • [4:49] Who needs context?
    P: Next up, we’re gonna have a little quickie.
  • [5:34] Wow. Phil flirting must be quite the spectacle.
    P: And then if you fancy someone on the plane, you can be like, *winks with eye mask* “Hey.”
  • [6:09] I think the first one sounds like more fun. 😏
    P: So the only way to find out is have a little nipple. Nipple? Nibble.
  • [8:27] Phil talks about how the Dan and Phil Shop, the Daniel Howell Shop, and the AmazingPhil shop are being combined into one shop for the holiday season. Phil promotes all the new merch, including Dan’s. Phil also says that he and Dan have partnered with Honey to have it work on the Dan and Phil shop. Maybe it’s just me, but all this promo from Phil about joint business ventures with only one half of the partnership there felt slightly awkward. I’ll be very interested to see if Dan now does a video sponsored by Honey on his channel.
  • In the video description, Phil has two links to the global Dan and Phil Shop, plus one link each to the US and Australia Dan and Phil Shops. There’s no link to the AmazingPhil Shop, but that seems fair since it doesn’t seem to be being updated with the new merch while the combined shop is in operation.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

I had to wait hours to watch the video and therefore read lots of descriptions and reactions beforehand, so I went in with low expectations, just hoping to see Phil being cute, not much else going on, and I was pleasantly surprised! Sometimes filler videos feel so awkward to me (I remember really not liking the second Things I Regret Buying video, actually) but this one felt really quite natural and not-forced, despite some objects being obviously just bought for the video, and the whole video being obviously just for the spon. Really cute and funny and pleasant anyway, 7.5/10! I'll probably be rewatching when I want some light, easy content to watch
kavat
pastel persona

Catallena wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:54 am That video was... a video. Fine for what it was, which was a lot of #spon. Get money boyz. I'm getting real impatient for that koi pond ngl. At least I appreciated the return of the vase.

The merch is cute, but nothing I'd actually want.
This sums up my thoughts of the video. I'll take it, but I won't rewatch. Thinks I regret buying are probably my least fave videos anyway.

But this made me snort
gnostic
stress mushroom

Guys, I just want to confess I officially dgaf that it was a blatant spon (like it's a bad thing, there's a capita£ester fandom for a reason) and he blatantly bought most of those "lolsozany" things for the video. The demonstration of the yodeling pickle and Pepe mask flirting Phil had me laughing harder than anything else in the past 2 months of my life. Amazing Content TM. Love you Phil, hope you win.

Edit: also this comment made me realise I am in the UK and my keyboard doesn't have a pound sign???
Just here for the marketing skills
Ablissa
pastel persona

This is a bit off topic, but I just saw this and it made me giggle. Does this remind you of anything? :lol:
Actual married couple vs pretty much married couple.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Ablissa wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:38 pm This is a bit off topic, but I just saw this and it made me giggle. Does this remind you of anything? :lol:
Actual married couple vs pretty much married couple.
Haha, I thought the same thing when I read Lance's tweet! It's crazy how many similarities you can find between dnp and those other famous couples. Makes you think. :shrug:

Unrelated, but how cute was Phil's ig story? Calling Dan a 'baby rat'. Ugh, those two.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

@Ablissa oh god
my favourite married couple and my favourite pretty much married couple! you're totally right, it has the same energy (just like the recent dan's tweet about phil saying it's innapropriate to buy milk/take the bin out with the bunny slippers

edit :
glitterintheair wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:16 pmUnrelated, but how cute was Phil's ig story? Calling Dan a 'baby rat'. Ugh, those two.
WHAT? i'm in class this is torture, i want to hear him call dan a baby rat.
:gayaf: