Dan & Phil Part 79: calm down there bub

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
jesp
why bother

Catallena wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:04 pm
ratlad wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:30 am i don't even know why youtube rewind is a thing anymore tbh. what's the point in it really? oh yeah lets relive tide pods and age restricting Literally Everything. add in some shit the Paul brothers did, but it will be light-hearted cause they are truly the only ones keeping the site alive!!! oh and everyone does fortnite dances.
i can't wait for the epic and hip content coming our way.
I wonder when YouTube will start asking themselves whether it's a good idea to advertise all these people on their website, when more than half of them are all messy as hell and could be stirring up some kind of huge controversy only the next day. Like last year the Paul brothers had one of the biggest parts (ugh) and then the first controversy of the new year was one of them filming a dead body in Aokigahara.

And ugh I'm so sick of Fortnite dances being everywhere. Aren't many of them stolen as well?
As an aside, the best youtube rewind wasn't made by youtube:

It's full of nostalgia, and makes me feel old.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I was gonna say exactly what @Im_new_here posted, but @BuffyFiona I love your work haha! Is that the longest (visible) hiatus on his channel up to today? #RIPJuneVideo

Completely OT, but I really hope deps at least gives us like a 12 Days of Christmas type thing. I want festive gaming channel decor and bants in colorful sweaters. :(
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop
Pronouns: she/her

jesp wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:25 pm As an aside, the best youtube rewind wasn't made by youtube:

How have I never seen that before? Wow. It's making me feel really old and also tear up a bit (weirdly from Tay Zonday + OMG!Shoes! the most.)
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Hi, I just wanna say that I'm listening The 1975's album that Dan recommended and there's a song called Mine that says:
'Looking back on 2009
When people said that it was raining all the time
I see sunshine 'cause I know that you're mine'

See ya.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
itsonlybeth
sofa crease

glitterintheair wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:48 pm Hi, I just wanna say that I'm listening The 1975's album that Dan recommended and there's a song called Mine that says:
'Looking back on 2009

See ya.
Long time lurker but forget that....I couldn’t help but think of D&P when I heard that line! I’ve been waiting for Dan to say something about the new album which is great btw..

Maybe this will be the new 2009 Phan song, if it could ever be replaced..
~ fight me you ceramic bitch ~
knq
lava lamp

@BuffyFiona @Im_new_here Oh shit, so it's not just me? Last week I decided to take a break from calculating the relative risk of health outcomes to calculate the relative "risk" of Dan and Phil tweeting stuff.

Conclusion? Dan uses the word "honestly" a fuckton more than Phil does. :shrug:
kavat
pastel persona

jesp wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:25 pm
As an aside, the best youtube rewind wasn't made by youtube:

This is amazing, thank you for sharing! :babuse:
BuffyFiona
sofa crease

Thank you so much @Im_new_here! I will add these in for later analysis... :frantictyping:
rizzo wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:27 pm Is that the longest (visible) hiatus on his channel up to today? #RIPJuneVideo
Yes, and we are currently in the next longest hiatus at Day 166 without a main channel Dan video, though obviously we've gotten gaming channel content, joint vids on AP, and livestreams pretty consistently from Dan since June (which is why I was slightly surprised by how long it had actually been when I calculated it). And looking at the deleted vids from the drug deal, assuming they were all main channel, that would make this the longest actual hiatus since Dan began posting videos on dinof! :waiting:

It's interesting because I had read people being very upset about the "content drought" during tatinof, however, it was so unnoticeable just from the numbers that I couldn't remember when the tour was and had to look it up. Phil did drop from a solid 2-3 videos a month to 1-2 a month, dropping to 1 per month for the 3 months in the US (you may remember this was about the same rate as this year), but Dan stayed roughly the same, around 1/month. But obviously other factors beyond simply main channel upload frequency probably contributed to that feeling among viewers.

@knq I LOVE THAT! THANK YOU! I am cracking up at the giant OOPS in the center of Phil's... that strong relatable klutzy branding! A classic Phil tweet from these words: "Philly's holding toast ... woop- toot- OOPS! my battle hedgehog plushie thankfully attacked the pigeons' cheese bomb and protected my toast! yee! retweet for a tickets sale, bonus calendar, and rize giveaway, use code lilslimehouseplant! ...RARE EMOJIS" :breakfast: :cactus: :crystalball: :cinnamon: :money:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

!! Okay I love the outfit choice. The quiff is already great and the video isn't even out yet. I'm expecting Friday, which tbh can't come sooner haha.
pcvaidya
squish

why do they get worse at drawing the whiskers every year??????
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

GUYS

DAN IS WEARING THE END SWEATER

ITS THE END OF PINOF

THEY'RE DIVORCING

(jk i'm silly and excited)
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

im emotional i can't wait
:gayaf:
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

glitterintheair wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:48 pm Hi, I just wanna say that I'm listening The 1975's album that Dan recommended and there's a song called Mine that says:
'Looking back on 2009

See ya.
how did this ruin and better my day at the same time? im gonna cry.
the pinof pic just makes it worse.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That tweet created from Phil’s tweetcloud is brilliant. Rare emojis indeed.

Uhf, whisker photo. Rare bit of colour that isn’t blue there from Phil. The whiskers do seem to get wonkier each year, certainly not the perfect example from the tutorial in Tabinof.

I’m hoping for Friday so all the work can get out of the way, too much of that right now.
AltMay
glabella

'Looking back on 2009

See ya.
:happytears:

I can't...

The world is an amazing place, look at it instead of your flaws.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

ok first of all, wow im not ready for tHE VIDDY also thats one of my favourite sweaters of dan ,,,,i love :happytears: also the first pinof w phils quiff i m not readyy :happytears: <3

anyways

im here to gather peoples interest. the last watch fest was fun (and thank you again @Ablissa for hosting the rabbit!!) but i just wanna plan ahead for our next one. if people could kindly check out the phandom watch fest thread and offer video ideas as well as insight to when our next showing will be, itll be greatly appreciated.
"you are next to me in my life"
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

You know what random moment popped into my head earlier that I can't stop thinking about now?

That one old liveshow when Phil was trying to get the Toxic intro right and he makes a really guttural noise and Dan makes some kind of comment like "Now the internet knows what that sounds like."
ratlad
angel bean

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:57 am You know what random moment popped into my head earlier that I can't stop thinking about now?

That one old liveshow when Phil was trying to get the Toxic intro right and he makes a really guttural noise and Dan makes some kind of comment like "Now the internet knows what that sounds like."
he was obviously talking about the noise phil makes when he is angry :ASs:
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:57 am You know what random moment popped into my head earlier that I can't stop thinking about now?

what a good bedtime thought, totally not going to keep me awake at night

may i add that moment in one of their krave challenges where dan told phil to "try not to make sex noises. thats really distracting"
"you are next to me in my life"
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

thank you for blessing my evening with this. link is here for anyone else who's curious!
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

bless @alittledizzy for that thought! best thing to wake up to!

and thanks @obsessivelymoody for the link :love2:
:gayaf:
liola
rankussy

obsessivelymoody wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:56 am

thank you for blessing my evening with this. link is here for anyone else who's curious!
A double blessing: I love that moment and Phil looks INCREDIBLY GOOD in that liveshow. God that shirt on him and that hair length really fucking work
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
kavat
pastel persona

'Looking back on 2009

See ya.
Gonna ramble a little about the album here
I've been listening to the album this morning and yeah, I'm not surprised by Dan's reaction. Not only are those lines super cute, but it also has song titles as
Sincerity is Scary
It's Not Living (If It's Not With You)
I Couldn't Be More In Love
I Always Wanna Die (Sometimes)

Coolcoolcool

-Getting into the lyrics, the intro song (The 1975) is about getting head.
-Give yourself a try is about becoming an adult, and has the #relatable line "And I was 25 and afraid to go outside/A millennial that baby-boomers like".
-TOOTIMETOOTIMETOOTIME is about convincing yourself and your partner you didn't cheat because it was only a call (or two or three or four). Does that remind you of something Danny?
-I Like America & America Likes Me starts off with the lines "I'm scared of dying/Is that on fire?/Am I a liar? Ooh/(I can't be quiet)" and that just makes me laugh tbh (but it's a sad song so I really shouldn't)
-The man who married a robot is a monologue about our relationship with the internet, the lyrics are here.

In conclusion, it's a great album and Dan's reaction to it makes me feel things.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

It's been so long, I don't remember – do they tweet an upload time for Pinof? Or will we impatiently refresh our feed for the next day or two?
ratlad
angel bean

kavat wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:39 am
'Looking back on 2009

See ya.
Gonna ramble a little about the album here
I've been listening to the album this morning and yeah, I'm not surprised by Dan's reaction. Not only are those lines super cute, but it also has song titles as
Sincerity is Scary
It's Not Living (If It's Not With You)
I Couldn't Be More In Love
I Always Wanna Die (Sometimes)

Coolcoolcool

-Getting into the lyrics, the intro song (The 1975) is about getting head.
-Give yourself a try is about becoming an adult, and has the #relatable line "And I was 25 and afraid to go outside/A millennial that baby-boomers like".
-TOOTIMETOOTIMETOOTIME is about convincing yourself and your partner you didn't cheat because it was only a call (or two or three or four). Does that remind you of something Danny?
-I Like America & America Likes Me starts off with the lines "I'm scared of dying/Is that on fire?/Am I a liar? Ooh/(I can't be quiet)" and that just makes me laugh tbh (but it's a sad song so I really shouldn't)
-The man who married a robot is a monologue about our relationship with the internet, the lyrics are here.

In conclusion, it's a great album and Dan's reaction to it makes me feel things.
it's kinda weird how accurate the album is to his life. like, dan HAD to know what would come across as to us, and to tell us is a power move.
or not....since it's 2018 and nothing should be shocking anymore, but i was emotional over it yesterday. but it is a power move to me, or at least liberating to him.
(and yes, i know the entire album wasn't all about relationships, and i'm glad that he can openly relate to issues of mental health freely without shame as well. but also- let me have this, dammit. i will be happy for dan publicly engaging in a ton queer media this year and simultaneously relating to songs about relationships, being in love and lyrics specifically talking about the year 2009.)