Dan & Phil Part 79: calm down there bub

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
glitterintheair
phillluminati
Pronouns: she/her

The saga continues...
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

Why did those instastories of them and the tree make me so soft :happytears: the best way to start the day
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

im emotional , i want to see them decorate it :happytears:
:gayaf:
Ablissa
pastel persona

Ugh I need more of that tree content. Decorating it? Wrapping presents? Arguing over what goes where? Please. Make it a video. Make it ten videos. AT LEAST GIVE US SOME INSTA STORIES. WE NEEEDDDDDDDD
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I want ALL of the festive domestic soft Christmas bullshit posted on Instastories this month, it's only fair if there's no gamingmas to feed us.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
autumnhearth
senpai

I’m not getting my hopes up for THE TREE 2... nope, no siree, why would I do a silly thing like that? Pleaaase Dan go take a shower so you can feel comfortable filming! :please:

Also are those space heaters, air con/filters or robots under the tree? Did they spill water under there? Are they what are making the noise? Whatever they are I’m betting they have names and are married.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

oh... i am... extremely soft inside... this is it, y'all. this is the only thing that matters.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
sonicgreen
woodland creature

how dare he tweet this and not attach a tree decorating video
liola
rankussy

They're up to something, my dumbass sensors are tingling
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

liola wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:16 pm They're up to something, my dumbass sensors are tingling
That’s a MOOD and I feel it too
Ablissa
pastel persona

What are they up to? I agree with @liola, they're plotting something. I demand content. (That, or Dan is just being funny and claiming that the entirety of December is Christmas)

Also, this is hilarious:
glitterintheair
phillluminati

That's the most ominous 'merry christmas' i've ever seen in my entire life and i don't trust it for a second.
opendoor
rainbow nerd

liola wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:16 pm They're up to something, my dumbass sensors are tingling
Could be the official phandom catchphrase.

Tho maybe the tweet is just saying "It's the 1st December, that means it's legitimately Christmas season" and nothing is going on (I hope something is going on).
Ablissa wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:23 am In regards to the director's commentary snippet that @@dc34 mentioned, I think it's worth posting here because reasons.

SPOILER for II director's commentary - if you're avoiding spoilers, don't read this!
My initial reaction was "awwww that's so cute, dan dreams about phil". :love2:
Followed by "hang on, he's not special, I dream about phil too". not as often as dan though I blame scrolling the internet before going to sleep. But I don't think my dream-Philly is quiffed yet. Sadly.
autumnhearth wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:17 pm I’m not getting my hopes up for THE TREE 2... nope, no siree, why would I do a silly thing like that? Pleaaase Dan go take a shower so you can feel comfortable filming! :please:
After the pumpkin-carving video I firmly believe everything we wish for on here comes true (not at all a dangerous belief to have) and therefore the Tree 2 has to happen now. It's just science. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :epictree: :festive: :ravetree: Now I'm just imagining them singing the Rave Tree song again <3
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I would also like to +1 THE TREE pt 2, even if hope is kinda lost...I suppose at this point I would just like to see a picture of the decorated tree, but I'm thinking we might get a liveshow tomorrow with all the kilt or no kilt details, and hopefully some kind of domestic banter.
(don't think the video is loading here so [link])

Also, I honestly keep coming back to this moment during the stream. I agree with what op on tumblr is saying, but I also can't remember a time like this outside of maybe a younow or something that is just so genuinely Phil and so organically funny. The slime video stands out to me as a time when Phil just kind of went for it in that department, but of course that's still an amazingphil video. Idk I guess it's just really, really nice to see Phil being so relaxed in a setting like that. It's a really good kind of different, and I love that it happened during the last ii event.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

hum... wow? nice for londoners i guess.....
:gayaf:
sonicgreen
woodland creature

@obsessivelymoody i love that clip with my whole heart :happytears:
anime_is_not_cool
living flop

Ataraxia25 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:19 pm
Wow, I’m literally flying home the next day and have to go through London to get to the airport. Guess I’ll just leave a few hours earlier and visit Camden with my huge suitcases! I had secretly been hoping for them to do another event relating to ii in the UK when I’m finally able to participate, but not complaining! Gonna save at least 10€ on the shipping costs :D Really excited to see what the special stuff will be!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

that's cool, i guess. make that money etc. video pls, though?
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

oooo i agree i felt like something is in the making when dan tweeted that idk why. i would love The Tree part 2 it's my only christmas wish.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm so sad we didn't get more Christmas tree stuff. If they do a liveshow tomorrow I hope we get a full tree tour.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Since things are so quiet while we wait for signs of life from deps, have a throwback:

I apparently surprised a few people on tumblr by pointing out the clothes sharing in this one - Dan's wearing the green plaid shirt when they start to decorate, Phil's wearing it when they finish.)
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

In rewatching The Tree, the charity spotlight stuck out to me. I feel like as a phandom we tend to think of Young Minds for Dan, obviously, and then for Phil, Make-A-Wish, presumably because they participate in people's wishes (and that recent similar one where I'm blanking on the name). Are there other charities besides Giving Voice that Phil has made a point of supporting? There's the Red Cross with the Manchester shirts, Stand Up to Cancer, Comic Relief, and that UNICEF thing in 2010 (and I'm sure I'm forgetting other things with cyberbullying stuff), but I guess I'm trying to think of Phil-specific instances.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Eek, they're decorating! This shouldn't make me as excited as it does, but... it does. Oh well; I'll take my small joys in life where I can get them.
Templeofshame wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:27 pm In rewatching The Tree, the charity spotlight stuck out to me. I feel like as a phandom we tend to think of Young Minds for Dan, obviously, and then for Phil, Make-A-Wish, presumably because they participate in people's wishes (and that recent similar one where I'm blanking on the name). Are there other charities besides Giving Voice that Phil has made a point of supporting? There's the Red Cross with the Manchester shirts, Stand Up to Cancer, Comic Relief, and that UNICEF thing in 2010 (and I'm sure I'm forgetting other things with cyberbullying stuff), but I guess I'm trying to think of Phil-specific instances.
I think you named all the ones that immediately come to my mind. Hmm. I think @obsessivelymoody was looking into this a few weeks ago, so she might remember more.

It probably doesn't help that Phil tends to delete older event-specific videos when the events have passed.
Grumpybisexual
delia smith
Pronouns: She/her

Ooh looks like there might still be hope for more tree content! :D
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Grumpybisexual wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:12 pm Ooh looks like there might still be hope for more tree content! :D
Decorationbaiting AND dogbaiting at the same time. Kings.