Dan & Phil Part 79: calm down there bub

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Ribona
crusty sponge
Pronouns: she/her

White chocolate hot chocolate reminds me of that Cat Café video and makes me soft :happytears:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

That Barú brand must be real good if Deppy still buy it even after they betrayed Phil by only putting 4 fancy marshmallows in a box (a box which clearly stated that it contained 4 marshmallows btw) on May 21st 2018. #notspon
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

Catallena wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:32 pm That Barú brand must be real good if Deppy still buy it even after they betrayed Phil by only putting 4 fancy marshmallows in a box (a box which clearly stated that it contained 4 marshmallows btw) on May 21st 2018. #notspon
I'm on the fence between "they loved it and still buy it but didn't tell us until now" and "they saved the white hot chocolate powder until it got cold (or forgot they had it) and are just now trying it." 'Cause Phil reacted to the marshmallows right away, but we didn't get more than a photo of the white hot chocolate back in May.
Ablissa
pastel persona

Just a small #spon that we want to test out some options for watching videos together (this is for our pinof marathon), so if anyone wants to give it a try, be here at 7 PM UTC, I will post all the info in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=52&p=99379
We will test out rabb.it, watch2gether and togethertube, so it's more of a test than an actual watch fest. Just want to see if it will lag and if it works at all, so the more people the better!

(If you want to watch anything specific during this test let me know)
susan2
rainbow nerd

:6-year-old dan:
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

Liveshow instead of video? Or.....video after liveshow?
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Another liveshow? Now? Is this to backtrack a bit on TBC? Give us content because the AP video is late? All of the above?

:shrug: I'm in.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

well this is a pleasant surprise! i'll probably skip it to study for finals rip, but i'll check in if they have anything important to report.
...also suspiciously soon for another liveshow
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Very suspiciously soon... hmmmmmmmmmmmm........

I'm guessing either Phil's video will drop right after, or this is a peace offering because Phil's video isn't ready.
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple
Pronouns: She/her

Liveshows are nice but I was really hoping we'd get Phil's video tonight.

Hopefully the tbc dates will finally be sorted out.
Grumpybisexual
delia smith

I mean.. Dan DID say we'd see them sooner than we'd like :lol: hopefully we're still getting the AP video after the liveshow! :please:
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

wowie another ls already? probably for tbc, but i hope phil's video gets posted tonight as well ....pls....
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
Ablissa
pastel persona

This is new?
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

this feels weird. idk why it feels weird. but this random live show that probs wasn't supposed to happen is happening. and they've prepped a domestic moment before jumping into whatever it is they need to talk about.

it's weird, y'all.
Ablissa
pastel persona

No screening in Mexico :(
Brazil is 95% certain
Last edited by Ablissa on Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Gotta love their lateness, I missed the tweet by 49 minutes and still only miss 6 minutes of the liveshow and they're only just tweeting it or something. Dan looks so pretty in this pink tshirt.

Oh god, they were so close to certain and now can't do one country? Oh, facepalm. Poor things. And everyone who was finally sure they could go.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

god why is everyone in the chat always asking the same questions?!
:gayaf:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

omg @ phil's shit-eating grin during "i need to go mourn the slug. i think that's the end."

bitch wants to leave SO BAD.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

first and foremost, i fucking love it when dan wear pink idk why
also, that slug story is so domestic wtf
"you are next to me in my life"
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I wonder if Phil thinks he's subtle when he ends these things like that. Dan got cut off halfway through his sentence, do they pay attention to that?

It was a good liveshow, anyway, and they both looked cute. Phil is swamped in that jumper, but the bagginess has grown on me. It looks very soft and he looks very pretty. I'm glad he's feeling better. Dan's chemical-candy face was good, actually not that obnoxious. I love the design of his ISG mug too.
Last edited by flarequake on Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Obviously the liveshow was there to break the bad news, which is really, really unfortunate and I feel for the Mexican fans who wanted to see them, but it also felt a little off? Maybe because they had nothing to talk about after the tbc stuff so they just went on until they hit 30 mins. Either way, despite the tbc sadness they talked about stuff I never would have thought they'd talk about like their first real conversation with each other?? What?? Or the bit about their voices/noise tolerance in social situations. Just quite unexpected.
-so Dan hasn't changed since last night?
-oh straight in with the domestic
-they really had a lot of slug discourse today huh
-how dare Phil bring up the radio. my heart
-what the Hell was that goldfish tangent
-oh yikes. Poor Mexico fans :(
-film premiere confirmed. nice
-no video today either. damn. filming tomorrow though
-Phil got blonde highlights before the weakest link?? And he doesn't remember what his natural hair colour is lol
-ohhh I love mugs. I will probably buy that mug lol. Dammit.
-Phil's hand hurts about his merch?? Maybe another zine? hmm
-first conversation they ever had was about muse. that's a fucking cute confirmation please murder me. please :happytears:
-Their new muse opinions are...Different from mine. I don't agree. I love them being cute about muse & their origins
-scar talk from Dan and then a comment about Phil's ass. Nice
-Ah Phil is not deaf because Dan is naturally really quiet.
-lmao Dan has never been so relatable about being quiet in social situations and choking on your words. This is all very interesting regarding their careers and meeting people. A new perspective on the way they slip into personas tbh
-lol I love that they're not refuting the fishnet leggings, instead just wondering what scenario they could find themselves in them
-blunt ending from Phil again
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

anyone see that pre-show guitar guy singing about dnp? lmao
i loved the mood they were in, but i randomly got anxiety halfway through and my left arm was shaking and pulsating (like usual when i get anxious) so that was distracting and i couldn't hear them very well + there was laggy bits.
i just remember that it was all very cute and adorable and i loved it- sorry about the Mexico dates @ those who were looking forward to them )-: i hope something special and wonderful happens to you all. i hope Brazil will work out well.

edit: @obsessivelymoody - ah! thank u for refreshing my memory! i fully died and my arm started twitching more when they mentioned their first ever conversation??? i was 1. Gagged. 2. Gooped. 3. Shaking.
i noticed dan was wearing the same pink pajama shirt as yesterday lol. i feel like i have a lot to say but so little energy and time and patience to write out exactly what i feel about this ls. it was all so good.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple

Pre-show guy is my new fav :lol:

Cute liveshow. It's a shame that they weren't able to make Mexico work out. Fingers crossed that they'll have better luck with Brazil.

I'm interested to see what their new merch is but my bank account is telling me to calm the fuck down. Hopefully it will come out after the holidays.
knq
lava lamp

That’s basically what I was expecting. They often tweet about a story they tell at the beginning of a liveshow. Dan seems to need a lead in to whatever the main topic of the day is going to be.

Sad they can’t make it to Mexico, but it sounds like they’ll make the Brazil event extra special and accessible.

I’m torn between being glad Phil’s been resting and a bit disappointed there won’t be a Phil video as soon as we’d thought. If Dan was ‘responsible’ for Phil at 5am and they were in the hospital until evening, that really is all day. I’m so thankful Phil ended up being treated and is feeling better now.

I’m always a bit shook when Dan talks about emotions I’ve experienced but would never feel comfortable bringing up, especially in front of so many people, but it’s also something I admire about him. Him feeling insecure in loud environments or when people don’t seem to hear or don’t respond to him speaking made my heart do a thing.

Love these two dorks, but I’m a bit sad the ls was short and new content won’t be super soon.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Finger crossed that they'll manage to go to Brazil since Mexico is not happening - I hope dnp will have a chance to go there in the future anyway. I appreciate how they talked about it during a liveshow and not just through a tweet with an emoji. They're learning from their mistakes and I'm glad.

Also, dan and phil talking about their first conversation. That's a thing that happened. I still can't wrap my head around it. Wow.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.