Dan & Phil Part 79: calm down there bub

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
knq
lava lamp
Pronouns: she/her

@Stakhanov Expecting fans to call Phil out for thinking twat originated from a word referring to a "pregnant goldfish" seems pretty over the top. I found the phandom just in time to see the negative reactions to some of Dan's liveshows, including the 'eating ass' one, so it's possible my expectations of general phandom reactions are biased towards things blowing up. As you and @alittledizzy point out, there are plenty of logical and context specific reasons for the non-reaction in the fandom towards Phil's statement. Possibly my expectations of a fandom that I actually, genuinely enjoy being a part of are a bit too low. :D

As for Gamingmas, I had no idea that might not turn out like it usually does so I'm glad it was discussed here! As much as I love dnp and their content, I'm actually not sure I even want 24 or 25 days of content in a row? Like, just spooky week was A Lot. I need time to process content to really enjoy it. (Except IG stories. I don't need time to process IG stories. More IG stories please and thank you.)

Phil tweet for posterity:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

knq wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:15 pm As for Gamingmas, I had no idea that might not turn out like it usually does so I'm glad it was discussed here! As much as I love dnp and their content, I'm actually not sure I even want 24 or 25 days of content in a row? Like, just spooky week was A Lot. I need time to process content to really enjoy it. (Except IG stories. I don't need time to process IG stories. More IG stories please and thank you.)
I actually agree with this. I think if I could just drop my ideal schedule on them, I'd like a video every other day in December - or even every third day would be fine. I think the anticipation between videos does help them, and also we tend to discuss more as an audience with time to digest things. With videos on back to back days people tend to drop the habit of really talking things out pretty fast, and people discussing their reactions and opinions to videos is pretty much my favorite part of Dan and Phil posting content.
intoapuddle
spork

i would love it if they dedicated december to one or two real let's plays. i love the gaming channel, but there are too many games that only get one video. i think it'd be cool if they did more actual play-throughs. december seems like a perfect opportunity to do so. otherwise i would agree, eventually there's too many videos because they're all stand-alone and not part of a series.
Andy
squish

Off topic, but does anybody else think it's crazy that tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of interactive introverts ticket mania? And those 7 months passed by so quickly...
(Got reminded of the feeling of despair and hopelessness today while getting my muse tickets. Luckily i had more control over the actual purchasing and this happy muser is going to a concert in 7 months :) )
autumnhearth
senpai

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:06 am
knq wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:15 pm As for Gamingmas, I had no idea that might not turn out like it usually does so I'm glad it was discussed here! As much as I love dnp and their content, I'm actually not sure I even want 24 or 25 days of content in a row? Like, just spooky week was A Lot. I need time to process content to really enjoy it. (Except IG stories. I don't need time to process IG stories. More IG stories please and thank you.)
I actually agree with this. I think if I could just drop my ideal schedule on them, I'd like a video every other day in December - or even every third day would be fine. I think the anticipation between videos does help them, and also we tend to discuss more as an audience with time to digest things. With videos on back to back days people tend to drop the habit of really talking things out pretty fast, and people discussing their reactions and opinions to videos is pretty much my favorite part of Dan and Phil posting content.
I was just talking about this with the husband yesterday. I would much rather get two or three gaming videos a week than two weeks straight with nothing on either side. Honestly just two gaming videos a week (god do you re,ember when that used to be like their regular schedule?) plus a few AP collabs (pinof, festive baking and just something cute, even if it is a spon like that school lunches one last year) would be perfect.

Congrats Andy! I finally listened to the whole album a couple times through and love it.
sparkle
blobfish

Andy wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:17 pm Off topic, but does anybody else think it's crazy that tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of interactive introverts ticket mania? And those 7 months passed by so quickly...
(Got reminded of the feeling of despair and hopelessness today while getting my muse tickets. Luckily i had more control over the actual purchasing and this happy muser is going to a concert in 7 months :) )
Oh god. I remember being VERY STRESSED at work praying O2 held my phone signal, and I nearly fainted when I got tickets.

Also I relate to this morning. I completely forgot that the presale was at 10 - but still got tickets.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Andy wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:17 pm Off topic, but does anybody else think it's crazy that tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of interactive introverts ticket mania? And those 7 months passed by so quickly...
God I still remember being absolutely uncertain the days before the tickets went on sale because I had to fly to another Country if I wanted to go (gotta love being italian, ignored by all the artists I love) and was debating whether it was worthy or not . Then the day came and i said 'oh what the hell' and bought the ticket. Now I am broke but I don't regret it one bit.

Enjoy the concert! :ribena:
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Wow this whole year has gone by so quickly it’s really strange! I remember sitting there with 2 laptops my phone and an iPad haha! Was lucky to get the tickets I wanted. Good memories here!

Can I just say that (& please don’t come for me) I’m really not at all excited for pinof. I really hope it’s the last one. Each year it seems more and more forced and a bit cringe. I know it’s a tradition but 10 years is plenty 😂

Also I’ll go with less videos at christmas, I’d rather they picked some good quality games to play than rubbish app ones just to make sure they do all 24 days. Not gonna lie though I am really going to miss the advent calendar this year, not to mention the 2019 deppy calender, my 2 favourite pieces of merch always. I wonder what made them not do one, they could have used some tour images or something if they didn’t have time to put one together.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

intoapuddle wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:56 am i would love it if they dedicated december to one or two real let's plays. i love the gaming channel, but there are too many games that only get one video. i think it'd be cool if they did more actual play-throughs. december seems like a perfect opportunity to do so. otherwise i would agree, eventually there's too many videos because they're all stand-alone and not part of a series.
Yesss, also that. Phil seemed to warm back up to the idea of a series since he said at the beginning of tour their would be one. We know that didn't pan out but if they want to drop a nice juicy series that they film over a couple of days and just drop in chunks two or three times a week I'd be a totally happy festive camper.
Ablissa
pastel persona

So Dan (or both of them?) went to the dentist again and it spawned some great tweets.
And Hector doesn't disappoint <3
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

wow that's a lot of oral higiene, i feel bad now
:gayaf:
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

this reminds me that i need to go to the dentist.. ugh,, i want nice teeth.
why did dan have to do that though lmao, tbf i'd probs do the same thing.
also hopin for a video today. doesn't matter which channel it's on, just needa see my Mans.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
kavat
pastel persona

Okay but is there really a need to go that often? That seems excessive to me. Or is the dentist kink the only one he wasn't joking about :hmmm:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

My hygienist recommends going every 3 or 4 months too, I don't think they're necessarily being excessive.

On the subject of Pinof 10, I'd been wondering if they might finish it, but as people pointed out, they haven't said anything to hint at that so probably not now we know they like to drop hints. I found 9 one of the best, more natural than the previous years, though I loved them too. It felt like they were really enjoying it.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

flarequake wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:42 pm My hygienist recommends going every 3 or 4 months too, I don't think they're necessarily being excessive.

On the subject of Pinof 10, I'd been wondering if they might finish it, but as people pointed out, they haven't said anything to hint at that so probably not now we know they like to drop hints. I found 9 one of the best, more natural than the previous years, though I loved them too. It felt like they were really enjoying it.
I also feel like the pinofs are getting better not worse; it's those middle years I can't quite stand to watch. Last year's was positively delightful for me, I feel like they've rediscovered joy in a lot of things in the past year.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Betcha Dan's fist bump tweet is delayed a few weeks so that the casuals don't pick up on the fact that he and Phil go to the dentist together. Dan conceded and gave Phil the first dentist tweet.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Possibly. But it's not strange at all to go to the dentist a few weeks apart. Cleaning and then filling a few weeks later is common
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

My dentist in London is definitely split so that I would get a check up which takes all of five minutes and then would have a separate hygienist appointment at a completely different time. I suppose you could try to book them close together but good luck.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i'm actually laughing at phil's new ig story, it shows just how small that filming closet is :rofl: i knew it wasn't massive, but i didn't know it was actually THAT TINY!
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
autumnhearth
senpai

Well that answers that :|

But yay video!
dc34
glabella

that bedroom is tiny wow, i didn't expect him to leave that filming space cause i knew it would have been too big of a change

also agree with @alittledizzy on the pinofs, the middle ones aren't rly that enjoyable but the first 3 and the last 3 have been great, obviously nothing tops the first.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Aw the jewelry box AP room makes a return :love2: I was expecting it tbh but you know what? At least there's no tatinof props in shot anymore - that's what i call an improvement. Can't wait for the video!
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
knq
lava lamp

Have we seen Phil in that jumper before? Either it's beautiful or clothing just looks beautiful once Phil touches it, I'm not sure. The effect is the same either way.

I love seeing clocks in anything they post. It looks like Phil filmed that IG story ~50 minutes before he shared it.

I'm really, really, really looking forward to the Phil video. I'm wondering what the tone will be like--I could have gone without hearing a trip to the hospital described in terms of "bants" and it makes me wonder if Phil's tendency to stay positive while talking about serious topics might give the story a weird vibe. I'm happy he's making content and sharing however much he's comfortable with either way, though.
bookfiend
spork
Pronouns: She/her

Speaking of Video Games and insta stories ...who do I have to bribe to get a Dan Vs Phil where they compete on the Spyro the Dragon Speedways? (Speedway levels are flying time trials for anyone who might not have played the game before).

Phil talked about how he was excited for the Spyro and as it was a massive part of my childhood I’d love to see them play it. Also we’ve seen Phil playing before in the background of another vid so nice little nod there.
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

Hyped for a new video!!

But there’s still a twinge of disappointment in seeing the AP closet. First video in that room with the quiff (not counting GTPWTW)