If you ship Phan…when/why did you start shipping it?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
mintsans
sofa crease

I watched Dan's shipping video at the time it was uploaded and then binge watched and eventually found, I think, the first AmazingDan and though "ahh they're cute, like a very fluffy Drarry AU lmao". The more I watched the more I wondered, and then I found the vday vid and the timelines and it all made sense
spider
ar·tic·u·late

• Watched Dan for a few years without knowing or caring about Phil. Assumed they were friends and phan was the fantasy of young fangirls like most gay ships of real people.
  • Saw comments about a valentine's day video and looked it up expecting to watch the prank vlog of a master troll. It wasn't at all amusing and left a sense of guilt and doubt even though I still didn't really believe in phan.
  • Found the phan timeline which was probably the biggest piece of evidence that convinced me they were together in the past and 99% still together.
  • Occam's razor and misc. observations pushed it to 100%. Phan Tumblr blogs and of course GG were a part of it because all roads D&P lead to GG.
It took <a week to go from a casual fan to and 1-2 months to become 100% convinced. Didn't ship real people before D&P. Rather than shipping I believe they're together but it would be a lie to say I'm not overly invested.
Also wrote these 2 weeks into the rabbit hole before knowing about Heart Eyes Howell.
Dan stares at Phil a lot. When they talk he looks right at him and doesn't look away. Doesn't prove anything but it's something I noticed.
Other than Lubegate something that makes me suspicious of D&P still being together is the look Dan gives Phil at the end of 'A Festive Day in the Life'. The tender way he talks to Phil and his expression don't seem very platonic.
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

I don't ship phan as I don't even know the term shipping until I came across GG in late 2013; I saw PINOF early 2010 and assumed they were boyfriends and I stick to the assumptions.
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

I began watching them from about November 2013 (just before the photobooth challenge was uploaded), but didn't ship them because I would always feel uncomfortable if I shipped real life people (still mostly do). It wasn't until last year that I properly fell down the rabbit hole and read piles of analyses, timelines and documents, along with lurking on ... the website that must not be named. I was mostly convinced by the arguments you guys set forth, though the clincher happened when I watched the voldy video and got the immediate feeling that I was watching something intensely personal and sincere. :oops:

And, you know, Occam's razor. ;)

edit: I've changed from danosaur/phillion to 'smol bean', thank goodness.
esso
spork

Dan and Phil were the first youtubers I watched after a long time of not being on youtube. I think I was googling about when they moved in with each other and stumbled on a tumblr post discussing their internet personas. This was completely new to me because I only ever watched youtube casually. A quick google of dinof/ap personas led me to GG and now I know too much :lol: . To be honest, when I first started reading this I could not fathom how anyone could ship real people (and it still bothers me).

I think for me, it's not shipping as much as that I believe the possibility that they are together exists. I'm more invested in their friendship than their relationship. One thing that really makes me believe that they could be together is how they've built their lives around each other for so many years. It really is Dan AND Phil.
spaceminimalist
squish

i think i watched phils videos first and then found dan through him, what really hooked me were the dilmas videos in december 2014 and i started watching their videos a lot, thinking at first that they were only really good friends and then i learned about all this evidence from 2009 and stuff.... so now i can really see it too, even if they aren't together anymore (which i doubt) they are still really close to each other and it just warms my heart
bberry
tol bean
Pronouns: she/her

I started watching them in late 2012/early 2013, well I actually watched Dan only (didn’t really watch Phil’s videos idkw) and was a #CasualFan. I watched his videos (and some of phil’s videos, mostly the ones with Dan) and kind of binge-watched some of his liveshows. I thought they would be a cute couple but believed what Dan said about “phan” (I was basically a Dangirl) but then the content drought made me stop watching them.
I somehow found them again last year (june, I believe) so watched their new videos and later, because of a youtube comment I found about the infamous video. I am a curious person who didn’t really believe in phan so that weekend I found out about it all. The drama, the lies, , dailybooths, and specially the vday video. I watched it (shame) with the idea of it being a joke. Let’s say it didn’t make me laugh, at all. Later on September I found #theinfamousthread and that just got me hooked. I read most of the threads, d&p are interesting people. (I also became a Philstan)
I think that part of the reason I didn’t believe in “phan” was because of heteronormativity but mostly because of Dan. I firmly believed in what he said, because why would he lie or why wouldn’t they be out (oh, naïve younger self ). At the time I didn’t even know they had said they were bi ffs.
Now, we can never be a hundred percent sure about anything, but to me, the chances that they’re more than platonic biffles are strong. So I do believe they’re a non-platonic couple, at least most of the time. But who knows.
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

A friend of mine (who is a YT fan, is 30 and likes Dan and Phil wow so middle aged :roll: )
Kept sending me links to Dan and Phil videos when they uploaded, and I personally had only seen 2 of their videos beforehand even when being a huge Youtube fan. (and the first was Philippa... when it came out)

So I watched some PINOF, and was like hmm, they ARE funny... Watched a few more and realized that they act very couple-y but that they were both terrific. My natural instinct now with youtubers is to watch a few videos and then go and seek if GG has anything on them and lo and behold a subforum. I was like "oh no.." but I clicked on the active thread.

Saw people actually being very positive and I started reading.. Vlody? Phan? people talking about them like they were 100% certain that they are dating... i was 60% convinced. That jumped to 90% when I read the God darn Essay on the Vday vid.

... And the rest is history.

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

Lain
eclipse shirt

Great thread.

*pulls up a chair*

I was exposed to D&P through Tumblr almost a year ago, but didn't have much interest until I caught a few of their videos on YouTube. If memory serves, the first vid I saw was the blindfolded makeup challenge! It snowballed from there, really.

I 'shipped' them early on, but it wasn't until I started lurking on GG, discovered timelines, voldy etc. that I became complete phan af . I spent more time than I'd like to admit carefully perusing those timelines and scratching my head over some folks that were completely convinced that phan was never real, at any time. The argument that some of D&P's early flirtatious tweets etc could be considered irrelevant when proving phan because that type of behaviour was 'trendy' just never made sense to me.
Sure, some of the "sex tape" or "rape" comments were silly and obviously not meant to be taken seriously, but how can you ignore "I wonder how biology can ignore", or for example:

Not to mention the fuckton of hours spent on Skype or talking to each other on the phone. I can think of other examples, but I'm pressed for time.

tl;dr, #phanaf for nearly a year.
daichii
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she | her

Just wanted to share this somewhere around here, but didn't want to spam the main thread xD

I just found that I watched teens react to D&P when it just came out and I also watched Dan's vid with the twins a looong time before joining the fandom. I discovered this while browsing through my watched vids and was like o.o whaaaat??? I could have stanned them like from many years ago :') probably would be bored by now

Anyways, I really started watching them in like march-april last year (I think after the book announcement). I used to ship ianthony and loved them on smosh's 2nd channel, but then they started being less entertaining and I went into tumblr looking for a new ship and as we all know tumblr is phan, I watched pinof 1, followed by all the pinofs, got obsessed with Phil and just shipped them tbh, the chemistry was too good. I then discovered GG and life has been less productive ever since xD
jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

i thought they were pretty adorable when dan started posting, since i was like 12 and they were my inspirational maybe same gender couple. forgot about/drifted from them as youtubers from about mid 2010 to late 2011, came back and pretty much forgot about all the coupley stuff for a while when i saw there was never a real confirmation, even if i didnt think they were straight. had a nice time refinding all the coupley stuff, and really just got back to seeing them as a couple after a year or so. coupled with finding out about a youtuber spilling it i can't confirm she was telling the truth but i can confirm that i am being honest about hearing it so i wont post it here bcos lurkers, i'm pretty certain.

the main reason is because of how well the timeline of it being real fits together. i don't see any individual thing as phan proof, but i think all of it joining together paints a clear picture. like, cherry isn't any real proof at all, but if you put that together with voldy+formspring+tweets+their meetings... it becomes something that suggests yeah, this is too deep to be a joke/coincidence. its why im not really convinced by anti phan arguments, i think there are too many gaps under a non-phan timeline.
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

When I first saw comments about how they were looking at each other, omg he touched his arm and all that I thought the phandom was ridiculous (ngl often still do) and was (still am) not a fan of shipping real people cos it feels intrusive and makes things awkward for them. Over time things I read on tumblr made more and more sense so I started to believe it's likely the truth. I don't know when it happened, a few months in I guess. I stay out of discussions as it's their business, but (hypocritical maybe) I follow some squeeful blogs and adore the cute fanart. If it's true, I'd be very happy for them.
brq
phillion/danosaur <//3

Honestly, I started watching Phil before Dan even had a channel ( :shock: ) so when Dan was introduced I just assumed they were together and being subtle or something. Saw how they interacted on Twitter and the like and just assumed that was a fact and went on my merry way. Lost interest in Youtube until ~2012, came back and found them again and saw Dan's meltdown and was surprised. Sometimes I wonder if they really are just friends but there's no way I can look at their interactions from 2009-2010 and see that as platonic. I also don't think they have broken up so
:prideheart2:
bluntedclaws
rainbow nerd

I found them in late 2013 through listening to podcasts of other BBCR1 shows. They used to be guests on Scott Mills fairly regularly and I thought they sounded funny and looked them up. The first videos I saw were them interviewing people at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival which is almost certainly not most people’s first view of them! I assumed they were together and was surprised to discover that they claim not to be.

I had some thoughts about what keeps me coming back but they're long and rambly so they're hidden!
I don’t really “ship” them per se, but I do 99% believe that they’re a couple. I think what keeps me watching them so intently though is that 1% uncertainty. I have a little niggling 1% worry that maybe they honestly don’t appreciate how exceptional their relationship is.

I realize we only see a tiny part of their interaction and we really have no idea of what goes on when the cameras aren’t rolling, but the fact that they are able to live and work together and still want to socialize and vacation together and continue to look for more projects to do as a team indicates to me that, regardless of whether they are shagging or not, they have the most solid and supportive connection I have ever encountered.

Can you even imagine being in a friendship/partnership/marriage like theirs and (still regardless of whether they’re screwing or not) believing for even a second that it would be worth throwing that away to look for something better? Sex isn’t everything. Companionship, laughter, shared interests, playfulness, trust and affection are the things that keep a relationship strong and they have all that in droves.

As ridiculous as it sounds, that 1% doubt has me sticking around, worrying like a mother hen that they’re going to do something stupid (like Dan's going to date Kalel or something, idk :wahh:) , I can't just enjoy their videos and then happily go about my life not thinking about them until their next video.I have to keep an eye on them. :roll:
Sorry if I say something wrong. My first language is sarcasm. I've never really learned English
districthirteen
phillion/danosaur <//3

I've been into Kpop since 2009 (oh the irony of the year) and that is a fandom that ships boyband members together like nobody's business, so I kind of had the default mentality that "2 male celebrities being friends makes good fanfiction" and so when I first found Dan and Phil it was like a fangirl's dream come true. But I just liked the hypothetical idea of them being together and loooooved their interactions for a long time, but it was just that, an idea, you know?

Then one day I found a youtube comment on one of Phil's videos referencing the Manchester Eye and Starbucks and the Video That Shall Not Be Named and I went "??????" and hit up google and then my world kind of imploded. I think I was reeling from shock for the rest of the day, but the video made me feel extremely warm and fuzzy - I'm quite a skeptical person by nature but in this case I was sold. To date it remains as my ~foundational evidence~ when my opinions get challenged by phangonistic posts. I really subscribe to the idea that friendships are not inferior to romantic relationships in any way, but I cannot just ignore a 3(?) minute video that speaks for itself (that reminds me of the power videos can have and why I'm getting a degree in the media lol sorry that took a derailment).
Ablissa
pastel persona

This thread is the kind of stuff I live for! Here comes the story of how I became obsessed with two British boys...

I found out about their videos through gifs on tumblr. Based on those gifs, I was convinced they are a couple. I checked out some joint video of theirs, I don't remember which anymore, and that convinced me even further - the stares, the smiles, the banter and chemistry were undeniable.
Imagine the shock when I realized that Phan is not "canon", that they don't admit to being in a relationship. At that point, I figured that if they claim to be friends, that is what they are. But everything told me otherwise, and watching their videos I never quite considered them to be platonic. They just don't act like it and I wanted to know more.

Then I started digging, and I found the Phan timeline, read all of it, and I (with some shame) have to admit that I've seen the V-Day video. I thought I'd find it sweet and all, but while it did confirm my suspicions of them being a couple, I just felt guilty after watching it. It's clear that it's a private thing and it was never meant to get out.

As it is now, I'm convinced that they are together. I also don't think they're likely to "come out", but that's okay. What matters is that they are happy and comfortable. :) All that said, I do ship them pretty hard and every single instance of Heart Eyes Howell or Love Eyes Lester doesn't go unnoticed, but to me, them being together is a fact, not a maybe at this point.
adequate duck
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: she/they

Ablissa wrote: Imagine the shock when I realized that Phan is not "canon", that they don't admit to being in a relationship. At that point, I figured that if they claim to be friends, that is what they are. But everything told me otherwise, and watching their videos I never quite considered them to be platonic. They just don't act like it and I wanted to know more.
I know right? When I was first googling them it was with the intent of finding out when they started dating because it was SO OBVIOUS in the videos and then I was so confused when apparently they are P-L-A-T-O-N-I-C bffs.

"don't respect any ducks" - phil lester
bear
hobbit hair

I didn't watch any british youtubers/know about british culture when I started watching and I also live in a society that has a lot of heteronormativity so I didn't know better, so I assumed everyone was like them and they were straight and just friends and the whole shipping thing was stupid. Then, I don't remember what I was searching up, but dan's formspring answer popped up when he said he was bi for the first time, and I was like :shock: . So then I found someone mentioning the voldy video in a comment section of a youtube video and I was like hmmm.. and I started to hunt for it and I found it. Even before I saw all the proof, I didn't believe it was a prank, it seemed far to genuine and it's hard for me to understand how people see it as a prank (personally) without the phan/anti proof. So then back when I was a cringe phannie and on Instagram, someone gave me a link to phalentines (a blog that analyzed the vday video that was token down by phil) and when I finished reading it I was . So then I read the timelines, phanantiproof, the dictionary, etc. and I was so happy. Then I started noticing how coupley were and I became extreme . There is, of course, a chance they could be not together, but I believe they are together (almost always). But also deppy are so gross it physically hurts and I turned into a ugly shipper.
opendoor
rainbow nerd

My apologies, this turned out kinda long.
I was really into British youtube around 2010? it must have been, especially charlieissocoollike and tw shitheads
nerimon, eddplant and hexachordal
I remember subscribing to Dan at some point as well (he had much less subscribers than Charlie at the time) though I wouldn't have watched his every video because I had really limited bandwidth back then. Then when all the sex scandal stuff went down I got out of youtube.

But then a few years later on tumblr I started seeing the phandom everywhere. I saw some pictures of deppy at some premiere and Phil was standing next to a woman and Dan was standing a little off to the side by himself, and the caption was some joke about being forever alone. From that I assumed that Phil had a girlfriend. I was completely out of youtube at the time and I probably gave it a maximum of five seconds attention. I already thought that the shippers from the phandom were just joking or deceiving themselves, because a lot of the other ships I saw people shipping on tumblr, especially the m/m ones, weren't canon/real. And why wouldn't Phil have a partner he took to premieres, it seemed like a pretty normal thing to do?

Then finally last December I watched their festive flash video (I don't remember deciding to, maybe it came up in my suggesteds) and I was watching like 'ahh this is why people are so obsessed" because they were funny and they bounced off each other really well, and had clearly known each other a long time. Then i watched another suggested gaming vid and then ended up on danisnotonfire.
At some point early on I started thinking Dan had a pretty gay voice and mannerisms (I know, stereotyping, but I'm not the only person who thinks it) so I googled either "dan howell gay" or "dan howell boyfriend" to see if he was. And then I remember being really shocked that he was apparently straight, because my gaydar (sorry for the cringe term) is usually pretty spot on. But from that google search I must have somehow seen something kinda phan and then I fell down the rabbithole. timelines, voldy, thesitewhichmustnotbenamed, the whole shebang.

I didn't realize there was a chance they could be together cause I hadn't seen much of Phil, and I still had it in my head he had a girlfriend from that tumblr post years ago, but when I realised that was wrong info I started thinking they were together (and powering through most of their videos in a matter of days. I'd seen quite a few of Dan's old ones, but I couldn't remember any of Phil's).

Then, this year I saw Dan's meme video in which he, not only seemed kinda gay/bi-acting, but mentioned Phil approximately fifty million times, and then the childhood video where he was like "I think that explains a lot" and the anime vids, my god. The way I see it, Dan's "coming out" this year is confirmation that at least some of the phan-theory stuff is true, and we're all not just totally deluded.
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.
iodoc
crusty sponge
Pronouns: he/him, please

Woooh, this seems like a good place to start posting again (except for the King and I thread that promised death if I wouldn't post :D ). I never shipped phan when I first disovered them, I plainly assumed they were boyfriends. Even before I saw PINOF, voldy or the timeline. I think it was the Buffy-thing, I was friends with a couple (two guys) who were completely obsessed with Buffy (quite a common thing, really, among the hipstergays around here) and they frankly just struck me as q*eer (can we say that word here?). It's hard to explain, it's those really subtle cues you learn to pick up on as a homosexual yourself, I think. Not that I think all gays can recognize all other gays, of course. It was just the place my brain went to with them. It made me happy to see that there was this gay couple on youtube that didn't talk about their being gay all the time, that it was just a given and that it was accepted. I was sorely wrong of course.

Then I started watching all their videos, because I genuinely enjoyed the content (Dan's content moreso, then, even though I think Phil is the goodlooking one ((lol, they're both goodlooking ))), which led to some googling. Colour me surprised when I found out they actually were not openly together, and by surprised I actually mean a bit sad. I had been so sure (I am again now). And I felt bad for being so sure about it, too, it's shitty to assume and I hated myself for falling for stereotypes. I felt conflicted about that for a good long while. But then I saw Voldy, which solidified phan for me. It confirmed my bias, and now I'm pretty sure. I used to wonder why they don't just come out, like, it's not that hard, but I get it now. The internet is still virulently homophobic and they would have been pigeonholed immediately. I'm not sure I would've.

Obvious disclaimer; this could all just be fanservice and shipbaiting for years and years and by God, did I fall for it if that's the case. It would make them the shittiest of people, though. But I don't think they'd do that.
"Can you manage these stairs with your Gucci hooves?"
bear
hobbit hair

iodoc wrote:Woooh, this seems like a good place to start posting again (except for the King and I thread that promised death if I wouldn't post :D ). I never shipped phan when I first disovered them, I plainly assumed they were boyfriends. Even before I saw PINOF, voldy or the timeline. I think it was the Buffy-thing, I was friends with a couple (two guys) who were completely obsessed with Buffy (quite a common thing, really, among the hipstergays around here) and they frankly just struck me as q*eer (can we say that word here?). It's hard to explain, it's those really subtle cues you learn to pick up on as a homosexual yourself, I think. Not that I think all gays can recognize all other gays, of course. It was just the place my brain went to with them. It made me happy to see that there was this gay couple on youtube that didn't talk about their being gay all the time, that it was just a given and that it was accepted. I was sorely wrong of course.

Then I started watching all their videos, because I genuinely enjoyed the content (Dan's content moreso, then, even though I think Phil is the goodlooking one ((lol, they're both goodlooking ))), which led to some googling. Colour me surprised when I found out they actually were not openly together, and by surprised I actually mean a bit sad. I had been so sure (I am again now). And I felt bad for being so sure about it, too, it's shitty to assume and I hated myself for falling for stereotypes. I felt conflicted about that for a good long while. But then I saw Voldy, which solidified phan for me. It confirmed my bias, and now I'm pretty sure. I used to wonder why they don't just come out, like, it's not that hard, but I get it now. The internet is still virulently homophobic and they would have been pigeonholed immediately. I'm not sure I would've.

Obvious disclaimer; this could all just be fanservice and shipbaiting for years and years and by God, did I fall for it if that's the case. It would make them the shittiest of people, though. But I don't think they'd do that.
Some other reasons why they wouldn't come out:
1. They would be branded as the "gay" couple and no one would care about the content
2. They would be forced to kiss/be romantic on camera which is something I think they enjoy doing privately
3. They are very private people, and people would try to invade their private life even more
4. All they would be asked is questions about their relationship, and that's not what their aim is
5. They would be caught lying for so long
6. They would have to act a certain way on camera, not in a way that they want
7. enjoy keeping things private, and if it was open then it would loose its specialness
8. Part of the reason I think don't want to announce their sexuality/relationship status is because it shouldn't matter to us. The content and personality should matter, but if they announced it that's all that would matter.
9. homophobic people/dangirls would unsubscribe and hate
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

It's going to sound weird but I think what made me really ship them is because out of all the ships I've ever shipped, seem the most couply.

Putting it under a spoiler because not really relevant:
Growing up in a very heteronormative society and household, it took me years before even considering shipping slash. What started broadening my perspective was Kpop. I shipped (and still do) these 2 guys from my favorite band. They have history (being one of the oldest bands in the Kpop industry), chemistry, touchi-ness (both fanservice and thoughtless moments), etc. I'm still not 100% sure about them, but they were my standard of 2 people in a possible romantic relationship for a while. Basically because of Kpop, I finally began looking for chemistry from people of the same sex.

I was a very casual Youtube watcher with NigaHiga and WongFu Productions being the only ones I did actively follow. But of course because of collabs, I encountered a lot of other Youtubers including Shane. At that point in time, he was starting his relationship with Lisa and I was invested in their relationship. Later, I got tired of his humor and continued to not care about Youtube for a while, until I got word of their break up through a comment. That made me search them up again and basically rediscover Lisa. In one of her videos, she read a fanfic about Phan. That was the first time I've ever heard of them. Curious about them and wondering why the Phandom was everywhere in the comments of Lisa's video, I searched them up which led me to their Tumblr tag videos. I did see the chemistry then, but not enough to convince me that they were a thing.

Fast forward to this year and I somehow stumbled upon LushLaws ( I don't remember how). I then started becoming curious about Youtube relationships and stumbled upon JaNiel. Went to that other site to discover how the shipping started and how people proved that Daniel and Joey were a thing before they ever admitted it. Somehow reachedJoey's vlog which included Dan & Phil and saw edits of the fans being like: It's Daniel, Daniel's bf, Cat, Daniel's bf, Daniel, so I thought D&P were really together.
Basically seeing that Phan was tagged everywhere on Tumblr, even when I was reading up on my other ships, I started getting more and more curious about Phan and searched them up on Tumblr. Somehow stumbled upon Phandirectory and other Phan blogs and literally tried to read as much as I could. Long story short, not even after a week of searching as much as I can I was fairly convinced that D&P were a thing because they had more couple-y moments than my Kpop ship, which is a big deal because I was really invested in the history of that ship and D&P chemistry & "proof" is at least 10x that of my Kpop ship. But what really mostly convinced me was basically when I read the Phan Timeline and saw the Vday vid (sorry. :?) and the analysis.

Of course, we can never be totally sure if they're really together, but what I've seen so far has convinced me. I'm someone who would be okay if they're not together though. All I want is their happiness. Although I'm the type who waffles between certainty and uncertainty all the time in my ships, let's just say Phan is the ship that convinces me the most.
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
ostiral
sofa crease

Ok, it will be the shortest answer here:
When? After i started watching them.
Why? Because i am from tumblr we ship there everyone.
Sorry for my english.
000dia000
emo goose

I have never commented my opinion here but I guess now's a better time than never.
I didn't know vlogging was a thing and never knew how big YouTube was, I knew Pewdiepie and remember a friend playing Shane Dawson. I was like, lol, then went on with my life, carefree (sigh). Summer last year I pretty much fell down the rabbit hole in less than a week after a friend recommended them because of their "friendship" (haha).

I started with their most popular videos (mostly those from 2012-2013) so my assumption based on their behavior of that time was that it was completely platonic. Even at the moment 95 percent of the time is trying everything not to touch and even hostile (pretending as if they never touch, like normal people do). I've always read between the lines with relationships though I never really "shipped" (deppy are the only irl one I can stand). However, I was curious about all the cryptic comments from kids "oh you know that video we're not meant to talk about?, the v-day vid is quite literally the Voldermort of the YouTube comment section :roll:

Nevertheless, I accepted the shipping as something I didn't understand and had no stance nor opinion on it given it had no substance based only on their videos. However, a quick google search found me the phan timeline and I realised :shock: I actually felt sick when I discovered it as it felt invasive. They're lucky that they live under this cloud of obsessive shipping so that their fans look near delusional, if they were mainstream celebrities I just wonder how many journalists would have outed them already :?

Personally, I still hold no opinion on "phan". I think in the beginning it was definitely real or potential, I know some anti-phan blogs like to point to the whole "attention seeking" thing and "phase" thing (imo even if it was a "phase" (i hate that word) they definitely ). However as to whether it is true now I definitely think they're bisexual if not then this will all be a kick in the face for so many people. Honestly, if I had stanned them in 2012 I would have been like nope and refuse to watch an angry Dan and become a naive, drama-free Phillion. I'm a paranoid person but I hope they don't let people down after coming so far in the last year.

Sorry for the long paragraph
/rant over
:cactus:
bear
hobbit hair

000dia000 wrote:I have never commented my opinion here but I guess now's a better time than never.
I didn't know vlogging was a thing and never knew how big YouTube was, I knew Pewdiepie and remember a friend playing Shane Dawson. I was like, lol, then went on with my life, carefree (sigh). Summer last year I pretty much fell down the rabbit hole in less than a week after a friend recommended them because of their "friendship" (haha).

I started with their most popular videos (mostly those from 2012-2013) so my assumption based on their behavior of that time was that it was completely platonic. Even at the moment 95 percent of the time is trying everything not to touch and even hostile (pretending as if they never touch, like normal people do). I've always read between the lines with relationships though I never really "shipped" (deppy are the only irl one I can stand). However, I was curious about all the cryptic comments from kids "oh you know that video we're not meant to talk about?, the v-day vid is quite literally the Voldermort of the YouTube comment section :roll:

Nevertheless, I accepted the shipping as something I didn't understand and had no stance nor opinion on it given it had no substance based only on their videos. However, a quick google search found me the phan timeline and I realised :shock: I actually felt sick when I discovered it as it felt invasive. They're lucky that they live under this cloud of obsessive shipping so that their fans look near delusional, if they were mainstream celebrities I just wonder how many journalists would have outed them already :?

Personally, I still hold no opinion on "phan". I think in the beginning it was definitely real or potential, I know some anti-phan blogs like to point to the whole "attention seeking" thing and "phase" thing (imo even if it was a "phase" (i hate that word) they definitely ). However as to whether it is true now I definitely think they're bisexual if not then this will all be a kick in the face for so many people. Honestly, if I had stanned them in 2012 I would have been like nope and refuse to watch an angry Dan and become a naive, drama-free Phillion. I'm a paranoid person but I hope they don't let people down after coming so far in the last year.

Sorry for the long paragraph
/rant over
I agree. If they aren't bisexual (they are bisexual, but only they know) I will be really upset and probably not be able to look at them or watch their videos for a long time, and probably unsubscribe. And they know that, which is why I don't believe that they're actually straight. (Dan? There's no way.)