Continue The Story! : PINOF Edition

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

(phil voice) "Hello, IDB forum......people!"

On behalf of the Phandom Watch Fest crew, we would like to invite everyone to join us and play:
"Continue The Story! PINOF Edition"
(Inspired by Dan and Phil's yearly tradition)

It's that time of the year once again folks! The cat whiskers are back in style :whiskers:
To celebrate the almost ten years of Dan and Phil's domestic banter, we brainstormed ideas to make this year's PINOF a little bit special together with everyone....and we decided to do a classic forum game with a simple twist!

We will open the thread at November 19th and close it once PINOF 10 comes out with a bang! In hopes of keeping this thread clutter-free, you can post any comments or concerns regarding the game over at our IDB Watch Fest thread.

How do I play?

To start the game, players will be given a “twitter question”. These will act as writing prompts for players to answer. Each prompt can only be answered once, so players will have to quote reply the prompt post with “Dibs!” to stake their claim. The first person to reply will be the one to answer it how they think Dan and Phil would react to this particular question.

Make sure to tell a story and have fun with it! After the answer had been posted, the same player will have to write a “twitter question” on a separate post for the next player to answer. Rinse, repeat.

Some housekeeping rules...
  • Answers have a minimum of one paragraph but it can be as long as you want it to! (Although, please leave room for others to continue the story....)
  • Keep prompts creative! Once a prompt has been used, they cannot be suggested a second time, so write wisely.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

(taps mic)

hello and welcome to our humble continue the story game! our first prompt will be posted shortly so please kindly read through the instructions on playing the game as well as our few house-keeping rules before we start.

just a reminder that this game is for EVERYBODY. whether you have or have no experience in writing fanfics or just writing in general, if you want to participate, then you totally can! the purpose of this game is to have fun and keep ourselves hyped for #pinof10.

with that said, let's start now, shall we?
"you are next to me in my life"
Ablissa
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

Hi everyone, here is the introduction to our game!
Watch out for the prompt in the next post and let's have fun!! :ribena:

Thank you @ame for improving this "introduction" by a lot, as well as for the super fun idea, and of course for all your work on it :)

"Have you got the sherbet?"
Phil looks up from the camera, pausing the adjustments he was making.
"Excuse me, what?"
"The sherbet. We need sherbet," Dan deadpans.
Phil chuckles, the tip of his tongue sticking out his mouth. "What are you on about?"
Dan stares at him with a poker face as he gestures eating from a pretend cup of sherbet. ''Sugar rush.''
"Ah...I reckon we're good without the sherbet." Phil laughs, patting the space next to him. "Come on, sit down. Let's film."
Dan sighs theatrically, then finally flops down on the bed next to Phil.
They both look into the camera lens and begin fixing their hair, then pull up their respective notes. A solid list of questions, really, but the first few moments are always unplanned.
"You ready?" Phil asks Dan.
"Think so. Still think we could use some sherbet."

With a fond expression, Phil begins the recording.

"PINOF TEN!" Dan screams at the top of his lungs as soon as the video starts.
"Oh my gosh, my ears!" Phil brings his hands up to his ears, wincing. "Everyone just closed the video, Dan."
Dan ignores him and keeps on talking in a high-pitched voice.
"Ten years of Dan and Phil! Ten years? Ten? NO!" He pauses for effect. "Not ten! Nine and a bit! But it's PINOF ten, that's just how it is, deal with it. Deal. With. It." He punctuates each word with a little clap of his hands.
"It's because we did the second one after like half a year!" Phil chimes in.
"I'm thinking this might be the last one. My last video with Phil."
"Stop! Now everyone is crying!" Phil shouts, hitting Dan on the shoulder.
Dan turns fully towards Phil, giving him his best attempt at a glare.
"It's your fault. You said no to the sherbet. We're done here."
"You don't need any sherbet, clearly. You're louder than our downstairs neighbours from the old flat." With a grin, Phil picks up his phone. "Let's just get on with the questions! So, here is the first one..."
"It's not really a question," Dan says, reading over his shoulder.
Last edited by Ablissa on Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
Ablissa
pastel persona

So for our first prompt...:

"It's a dare: I dare you to do this video without cat whiskers on your face."
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

"You dare- wow, someone doesn't know what the pinof is all about. First no sherbet, now no Sharpie fumes? it's like they expect us to do this without being under the influence of anything."

"Dan! Shut up! We're not - we're not under the influence of anything." Phil can barely get the words out for laughing. "Children and grandma's, don't listen to him."

"Like our audience are children anyway. Grandma's, maybe." Dan winks at the camera. "Hey there, Granny..."

"Dan!"

"I mean, this one's easy, we haven't whisked up yet. Good thing, too, or Phil would have to use that degree in video editing to magically edit whiskers off both our faces." Dan lifts his eyebrows like he's said something suggestive, and even though there's really no insinuation to be had there Phil still shoves their shoulders together. "Enjoy this baby soft skin unmarred by harsh chemical ink for approximately the next thirty seconds, people."
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

next prompt: "Use five adjectives to describe each other"
liola
rankussy

"That’s quite easy! Dan is...a rat, a rat, a rat, a ra-" Phil starts giggling mid sentence, tongue poking out of his bottom lip as he struggles to keep talking.

"You bit-" the word is censored as Dan shoves the giggling Phil out of frame and almost off the bed. "You're supposed to keep is serious! Give the people what they want, Phil!"

A couple of seconds before Phil gets his breath back. "Fine, fine, uh." He puts a hand up in the air and starts counting. "Loud, funny, creative, good at Mario Kart and - uh, curly!" He finishes with a triumphant half jump on the bed.

“Curly? Really?” Dan asks, voice going high as he watches Phil , dumbfounded. “You know what, I’m gonna take it, I want you to stop talking now. Well done, thank you, next question!”

Phil looks at him. “What about me?” He asks, an exaggerated pout on his lips.

“Trust me, they don’t wanna know,” Dan says, a threatening look towards the camera. "Moving on.."
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
liola
rankussy

next prompt: "Call each other's mum on the phone and see how long it takes before they recognize you.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

liola wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:37 pm next prompt: "Call each other's mum on the phone and see how long it takes before they recognize you.
dibs!
sugar
eclipse shirt

"Your mum likes me more than my own mum," Dan jokes, "so I'm not sure how much mystery there's going to be here, Philly."

Phil shoves Dan lightly, tongue peeking out of his mouth as he laughs with glee at the reminder of just how much a part of his family Dan is.

"Go on then, just pretend to be me, you know how I speak!"

Dan rolls his eyes but grabs Phil's phone and keys in Kath's number, setting it to speaker as it starts to ring.

"Child?" Her voice comes through after the second ring. Dan smiles fondly at the term of endearment.

"Hey mum-" Dan starts but he's quickly cut off by a cheerful "Oh hello, Daniel, how are you, dear? When are you two going to visit us? We miss having you around."

Dan falters briefly, looking quickly between Phil and the camera before starting to chuckle uncomfortably.

There's a jumpcut and Phil says "My turn!"

Dan takes his phone and tosses it across the room.

"Nope, I think that was quite enough of that, next question!"
sugar
eclipse shirt

next prompt: "Give each other new names and use them for the rest of the video"