Dan & Phil Part 80: You're my plinth of life

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
msbluesky
smol bean

Does anyone know how the DnP shop deals with changing your shipping address?
Are they usually easy with that or not?

I've sent them an email stating the new address, so I hope they will change it. Especially since they apparently won't start shipping until the 18th and I won't be home until the start of 2019 :(
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

citizen_erased wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:08 pm wasn't there supposed to be a liveshow about now? did I miss something? also on their website it still says the dvds are up for pre-order and shipping from december 10, so I guess no one's updating that either.

just another day of waiting for dan and phil to get their shit together, I guess? :shrug:
I'm so frustrated right now. I assumed that since I live in London I would get the DVD in the next few days but now they're going out on the 18th? The fact we found that out from someone emailing instead of someone posting something is really annoying. Even if the shop posted it on their twitter or sent an email out? It wouldn't have to come from Dan and Phil.

Now they're late and on a different channel to what they originally said!
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
SquishPhan
capita£ester
Pronouns: she/her

I ordered the DVD through Amazon UK, and mine hasn't been dispatched yet either. So I guess it isn't just their shop that is being weird.

Now off to watch the ls.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Interesting I just got an email from amazon that my dvd hasn't shipped and that they're going to miss the delivery window. I mean, luckily I'm a student so I get prime at a discount and whatnot, but it's still disappointing I guess. I do feel even worse for everyone else who ordered from dap shop, and of course all the worldwide/digital issues. It's just messy. Maybe the rushed deadline for "before christmas" wasn't the best idea? idk
citizen_erased
truth bomb

do they even know that their own dvd is delayed? like I assume they know, but they're saying NOTHING about it and they just said "we're assuming people will have it in like a week from now" like ??? guys please
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

DILMAS? D:
I swear if they cancel Festive Baking because of that, I'll be sad. Sims aren't that exciting anymore.
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Pretty sure they just said they went to the wrong moomin store. We remember things better than them. :lol:
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I feel aggressively neutral about dilmas. I was warming up to Sims again but not to the point of wanting five days in a row of it.

I also want baking. And all the ii stuff to be over.

Meh.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Thought this was just an okay ls to be honest, was nice but nothing special.
I really hope that they do give us pinof bloopers, because I enjoyed it a lot and just want more of it.
I’m honestly not excited about Dilmas. Still haven’t watched their latest sims vid.
liola
rankussy

Even them being cute in front of the tree wasn't enough to make me stop being annoyed at the dvd situation.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

dan and phil really said fuck giving the people what they want in december huh
Ablissa
pastel persona

They were very very cute, but...
Dilmas. I like Sims, and I'm kinda hyped for the Devan storyline, buuut I honestly hoped we'd get more vids. Like maybe 12 days of Christmas? And are we still getting festive baking? How about a day in the life? :/
I miss Gamingmas so much. And pinof bloopers would be nice, but it sounds like they may not have that much content for them?

Also, they haven't addressed the delay at all. Do they know? Maybe it hasn't been 100% confirmed? So many questions left unanswered.
hello9217
flower crown

Did they really think 5 days of sims would be emotionally satisfying? Cause it really isn't
goodbants
drama llama
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Just thought it was so sweet how Phil said he remembered the first PINOF very well

:happytears:
:sparkle: this was the most fun i've ever had :sparkle:
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

So if they're really not shipping the II DVDs from the d+pshop until the 18th, does that mean they're not getting to people by Christmas according to their tweet?
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
Ataraxia25
flower crown

im a bit disappointing. first because of the dvd situation. second because maybe no festive baking. third because maybe no bloopers. four because Dilmas? i too was warming up to the sims but not five days in a row. especially because i think we don't have the same perspective on what is exciting or emotionally satisfying.
this put me in a meh mood.
and i'm so angry about the dvd thing.
:gayaf:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

liola wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:46 pm Even them being cute in front of the tree wasn't enough to make me stop being annoyed at the dvd situation.
Same. The fact they didn’t even mention the limited edition shop version and just sponned the amazon one pissed me right off. Not even a “sorry it’s going to be late”.

Also, Dilmas? Ugh no thanks.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

apparently the sparkly squirrel is named Brian? did Bryony put it up there?
also... the way they talked about pinof bloopers was very ominous. like, it struck fear into my bones and shattered them. also it didn't sound like they completely ruled out any holiday baking.. i'm fine with Dilmas if it means they want to move onto the Devan storyline, move 'em out, build them a house and make a life together.

sorry about those who are upset about the dvd and shipping :hugrb: it sucks :–(
also holographic cases freak me the hell out and when dan was scratching it ESPECIALLY WITH HIS TEETH i felt like screaming. the sound is horrifying, it made my mouth water in a bad way. brings me back to elementary school.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
autumnhearth
senpai

I dunno, I think Dilmas will be nice actually. I’ve felt like the series has been dragging, but it sounds like they’ve got a storyline planned out and I’m ready for a more cohesive plot that we don’t have to wait months inbetween for. Then they can ignore it for awhile after.

I’m easily pleased by the festive setting and them reciting the rave tree song.

The whole II release has been chaotic, but I personally don’t care enough to be upset. I’ll get it when I get it and that’s fine.

The pop up shop aesthetics sound cool.
Fazbaz
dank meme

msbluesky wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:11 pm Does anyone know how the DnP shop deals with changing your shipping address?
Are they usually easy with that or not?

I've sent them an email stating the new address, so I hope they will change it. Especially since they apparently won't start shipping until the 18th and I won't be home until the start of 2019 :(
I ordered the festive socks and forgot to include my house number. I wrote an email and they replied the next day that they will update my address because my order hasn't been sent off yet.

By the way I loooove the socks. They are the first ‘real life thing’ I have from Dan and Phil and I still feel like I am ‘outing’ myself just by wearing them. But they are so warm and comfy and I have gotten quite a few compliments on them <3 except from my boyfriend... he finds the hideous :lol:
Boterham
smol bean

I always lurk on here but i'm so mad i need to express my opinion. why did they think dilmas is a great idea? don't they know half of their viewers are tired of the series?? I truly don't understand their decisions sometimes, just like the fact they didn't announce the DVD situation. ugh.

I will only be satisfied with dilmas if they kill the series after the fifth day.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Boterham wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:00 pmI will only be satisfied with dilmas if they kill the series after the fifth day.
Literal same. I hope that's the ending they're talking about. It's very much time.

Talk about emotionally satisfying.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I keep forgetting more people are over their Sims series than not, I still quite like it, but yes, not at the expense of baking which I’m sure they made a strong hint at, though it was months ago now. I asked twice in the chat about DnP shop shipping and the chat looked slow to me the second time so maybe they don’t know or want to say, assuming they saw me. They’ve generally got the message not to expect everyone to have it yet with leaving the watch party until later.

I love the tree squirrel story. Their ornaments are so pretty. I should look into Christmas trees, being Jewish we’ve never had one since a little plastic one when I was little that my dad made my mum get rid of, and we were in a shop the other day selling a ton of pretty stuff, I was tempted by the purple and turquoise baubles. Don’t like the plastic trees or the idea of endless pine needles either, though tbh. It was nice to see the different light settings on the tree and have a little rave time singing too, it’s the sort of song you remember forever.

I was feeling bleh at the start of the liveshow cos I keep not getting to sleep until 3am so I’m tired af and a bit annoyed at the lack of communication about digital, dvd and dates, and they felt a bit funny a few times, like they were being cagey and quiet, it was blatant here and there when Dan said “do you want me to take this” about YouTube rewind opinions so maybe there was something else they were edging round, but once I stopped asking questions they weren’t answering and let it go, I enjoyed it more and they brightened up too. I’m glad we heard Phil’s opinion, they’re still a novelty, but I love hearing deeper thoughts from him. And from Dan not then backtracked in with an obnoxious way like “ooh, a reference!” in pinof, the way he does that grates.

I can’t think what other thing they’d be concluding, maybe Dan vs Phil? What else have they been doing a series of?

The pop up shop design sounds amazing, cool to have all that when they could just leave it plain. It was Covent Garden in their festive ditl. Since they mentioned the Moomin shop even on the pop up shop advert I forgot it’s actually in Camden cos I didn’t realise there are two, then I checked.

I’m glad Phil enjoyed doing Pinof as much as last year, funny that the first seven are a blur, but I’d be the same even without Sharpie fumes.
sugar
eclipse shirt

i do think we will end up getting bloopers, dan said his usual 'we'll see if you've been good this year' so he must know we'll be expecting it after that. i don't think they'd do no baking, no gamingmas, and no bloopers all in the last few months of the year when they know how much we love that stuff.

my prediction is also that we'll get a final golf video. i thought i heard them say something about a conclusion to something?
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

Boterham wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:00 pm I always lurk on here but i'm so mad i need to express my opinion. why did they think dilmas is a great idea? don't they know half of their viewers are tired of the series?? I truly don't understand their decisions sometimes, just like the fact they didn't announce the DVD situation. ugh.

I will only be satisfied with dilmas if they kill the series after the fifth day.
For them, they're probably just looking at the views their recent videos have gotten. The Sims series regularly has 200k+ more views than the regular videos around it. December is when Adsense money is the highest, so why wouldn't they go with 5 vids of their moneymaker if they knew they weren't going to be able to do a whole gamingmas? A lot of people don't like it sure, but when D+P look big picture, they're just seeing the views.
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"