Dan & Phil Part 80: You're my plinth of life

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

Good end to the series. Interesting to see what an already innuendo filled game series is like at the end of 2018. Philly wasn’t holding back. I appreciated the pirate puns, though I got a bit bored half way through (which seems par for the course with golf vids). I’m going to put off letting my son watch this one for as long as I can. Hopefully years. Thanks boys.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I loved this video, the golf series gave us so many good things and i'm glad it ended with a bang. I'm living for Phil just going for male pronouns when talking about his hypothetical spouse - he's been doing that for a while and I barely flinch when it happens, now. Feels good, feels organic.

ALSO, that tentacle talk? Phil saying that Dan enjoys them? And that he (Phil) should buy some tentacle fingers? Hello? I feel like I got to know things that I shouldn't have.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Wow, that was almost too many naughty jokes to list, so thank you, @kavat for the stamps. I’m so glad that site doesn’t exist, I was a bit :shock: at them sending people to an actual graphic site. So many jokes, so much teasing, so much belief in having to be good at things, last bit’s a bit sad, but mostly still jokes I guess. Also so much profile view of Dan and his lovely nose, pretty boy. It’s a while since they did one of these, but still I don’t think it’s me forgetting how their bants get, I think this one is just a lot filthier.

Dan’s “all right, Confucius” was a nice not-filthy one. You explore those textures, Phil. With or without your hubby Mr Tentacles.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

I enjoyed it! I loved the pirate theme and they were so playful with each other.
Also, phil looked stunning and is an absolute cutie. I'm a little bit sad it's ending but i hope it'll get replaced by something else!

also : phil running his hand through his hair to quiff it up after taking the hat off........... WOW. Just WOW!
:gayaf:
hello9217
flower crown

Don't know how to embed but dnp are using the story feature on youtube for dnpgames
Ablissa
pastel persona

hello9217 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:04 pm Don't know how to embed but dnp are using the story feature on youtube for dnpgames
Where can I see that? I went on their channel and don't see anything :(

@ the video: it was amazing and I will miss golf. They always get in a mood during that game, I'm not sure if they will find another one with that effect on them :lol:
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Ooh, so they are. Looks like it’s only on mobile for phones, but not tablets or desktop.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

For anyone looking for it:
knq
lava lamp

Is it weird that I prefer the stories about the golf game to the actual golf game?

I mean, golf was good. But it wasn’t Dan balancing a laptop on his stomach looking all comfy or Phil sitting on the floor in front of their Christmas tree. :epictree:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I really love the golf videos, but it definitely makes sense for them to end it. That was really quite a way to send it off too. Utter filth, but hey I'm all here for the edging and tentacle stuff that will almost definitely come from it.
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

This video continues the trend of Dan and Phil making more and more weirdly sexual videos, and it was absolutely incredible! Here are my highlights:
  • [0:18] Dan says they had their pirate outfits left over from “somewhere.” Hmm...I wonder where? 😏
  • [0:32] Great start to the video. Really sets the tone well, I think.
    D: I’m surprised you didn’t--
    P: It’s like I got--
    D: --choke yourself to death.
    P: --a whole new neck.
    D: Choke me, Daddy: festive edition.
  • [1:47] I'm down.
    D: Don’t worry. I can host. *winks*
  • [2:11] Dan cracks his knuckles. I know he's done this before, but I really heard it this time, and it made my skin crawl.
  • [3:02] Dan's insults are becoming ever more creative:
    P: I think it was a cannon.
    D: Not that, you absolute twit-nipple. The thing in the background. Right.
    P: That was your mum.
  • [3:25] What Phil said really wasn't at all suggestive. I guess someone's mind is just in the gutter...
    P: It was close! That was close.
    D: Okay. Stop talking about how close it is. This video is immediately banned.
  • [4:22] Is it bad that this actually made me laugh out loud?
    D: Oh, what the f--Are you kidding me?
    P: Oh, no.
    D: Are you pulling my peg leg?
  • [4:46] "Filled with ass" doesn’t even make any sense, but I’m not complaining.
    D: And they’ve--Look, they’ve also got some big coin purses over there. They’ve got some fat booty--
    P: Yeah.
    D: --here on this deck.
    P: They’re just filled with ass. They’re not even coins.
  • [5:42] Capita£ester’s solution to any problem: Send them some money.
    D: You thought that walking the plank was just, like, gaily jumping--
    P: Yeah!
    D: --off the ship for no reason? “Alright. Here’s a bit of rope.”
    P: Right.
    D: “Come back up, Nevin.” Right.
    P: I’m gaily adjusting my stance now, so I can go right down the middle.
    D: I feel sorry for whoever works at YouTube--
    P: Look.
    D: --and has to approve this for monetization.
    P: Melinda likes us.
    D: I’m sor--Just delete the whole channel. Right.
    P: We’ll send you some money.
  • [6:08] Edging and ass on DanAndPhilGAMES. Because why not?
    P: Oh, that was so close to the edge!
    D: Phil’s edging us, guys.
    P: Oh. Ooh!
    D: But we’re watching, and we’re learning.
    P: That’s not bad. That’s not bad. That’s a big amount of gold, actually.
    D: That’s a massive pile of booty over there.
    D: That is ass central.
    P: So much ass. Alright.
    D: Yarse.
    P: There we go. Not too bad. Nine-nine.
    D: Ya--Ya--Yarse.
    P: Yarse. What is this?
    D: Like arse. Phil.
    P: I got it. I got it.
    D: Okay.
  • [6:38] Oh, we know exactly what you mean, Phil. 😏
    P: Oh, they’re not part of their body. They’re just strap-ons. See?
    D: That’s--
    P: You know what I mean!
  • [7:07] Dan and Phil speak in unison. Apparently, this is a reference to some iconic sponsorship (videos here and here) of something called T4.
    D: My go by Toyota--
    D&P: --sponsors T4.
  • [7:20] Phil calls his golf ball (or Dan?) a “biatch.”
  • [7:46] Apparently, in Phil’s mind, posh pirates eat slices of their parrots. :shrug:
  • [7:59] The words of a true poet:
    D: Boing, boing. Shit. Oingo, boingo. I’m a dick.
  • [9:23] This domain name is currently not registered, so I don’t know what they’re so worried about.
    D: plankspank.com. Don’t go on there.
    P: No, really don’t.
  • [10:14] I enjoyed the way Dan said this, especially his expression:
    D: That was a slow one. Made you think I wasn’t gonna do it, and then I put it in.
  • [12:04] Dan says “ooh” like a ghost/dolphin.
  • [13:06] Hmmm...okay then.
    D: I guess some people are, you know, just skilled booty raiders, and some people are losers.
    P: I thought I was going straight for the booty, and now it’s almost close again.
    D: You missed a booty.
  • [13:42] Phil says “Scheiße." It may not be English, but that's definitely an actual swear word.
  • [14:48] Phil says that he sometimes wants to explore with fashion, and Dan seems unconvinced. He asks Phil what that means, and Phil says that he likes the feeling of the sleeves on his arms and that there are “so many textures out there.” Dan is not impressed.
  • [15:27] Cheers, Phil. :ribena:
    D: I’m gonna defecate.
    P: I’m already having rum back there with the boys--
    D: I’m gonna deca-cate.
    P: --and you’re in the middle of the ocean.
    D: Rum with the boys? Alright.
  • [17:23] Phil threatens to walk out of the room and never come back. Dan says that that’s fine and that Phil’s gonna grow a beard. Phil says there’s gonna be a newspaper headline that reads, “Where’s he gone?”
  • [18:52] “Golf gone sexual” could be the tagline for this entire video. :lol:
    D: Here we go.
    P: Oh, that is sexual.
    D: This is gonna happen.
    P: *To the tune of “Everybody (Backstreet’s Back)” by the Backstreet Boys* “Am I sexual?”
    D: Golf gone sexual.
    P: “Yeah.”
  • [19:07] This is only a highlight because of the voice Dan used:
    D: Caw, caw. You’re crap! Caw!
  • [20:35] I guess Dan can make anything kinky:
    P: Pirates had duels! They could just, like, hook their hooks together and throw each other in the ocean. *pretends his finger is a hook and scrapes at Dan’s face with it.*
    D: I’m pretty sure they swashbuckle, and they have sword fights. They don’t link hooks.
    P: I think they do.
    D: That--That is something else that they do. Probably on the poop deck. I don’t want to know about it.
  • [21:17] Dan says, “I’m here,” then it looked like he stopped himself from saying something else. I wonder what it could possibly be? 😏
  • [21:52] Sounds like someone’s jealous:
    P: I got the octopus. He’s gonna marry me. We’re gonna have tentacle hooked babies with parrots on the crib.
    D: I would rather die than see that happen. Okay.
    P: I’m gonna look up some fanfiction later.
  • [22:16] Quite the mental image there:
    D: God, spank me with a plank, and call me Poopy Susan. I am out of strokes. Out of luck.
  • [22:37] I don't know what Dan wants. It sounds like Phil's just trying to be supportive of Dan's kinks!
    D: I think that was my favorite one. It wasn’t too hard. It was quite fun.
    D: It had a tentacle.
    P: Over quite fast. You love a good tentacle. Don’t you? Have you seen those fingers? That are--Each one is a tentacle. Should get some of those.
    D: No, you shouldn’t.
  • [23:22] Ah, yes. The perfect end to the perfect video: :lol:
    P: So give us a piratey hook up--
    D: One hook up.
    P: --if you--like, a hook up, not a “hookup”-- if you enjoyed this video.
  • Both Dan and Phil's individual merch links point to danandphilshop.com, which is still fine since the joint shop is still in operation.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

glitterintheair wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:40 pm ALSO, that tentacle talk? Phil saying that Dan enjoys them? And that he (Phil) should buy some tentacle fingers? Hello? I feel like I got to know things that I shouldn't have.
i havent posted much in a while but i am absolutely with you on this one. yes, i willingly signed up to be a thirdwheel but you know, ive had enough of these thoughts keeping me up at night...like, dan being a kinky boi and phil liking to always "spice things up" ....

dads pls, get a room
"you are next to me in my life"
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Oh, I remember T4, I can hear “Aygo by Toyota sponsors” now, wow, throwback. Dan mentioned it somewhere a while ago as being the only thing for teenagers on tv when he was a kid. Also, as the Wikipedia mentions, one of its presenters was their Radio 1 colleague Jameela Jamil.

Great timestamps, so many mental images I didn’t need. So much rimming, ass, tentacles and spanking. Edutainment indeed.
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

I'm so here for 2018 Phil that has decided that even his filthy sexual innuendos end up being about setting down with his husband and having (hook-tentacle) babies. It's just such a 20gayteen.

I'm happy for that series to end, I usually had trouble getting through them because I don't really like those kinda games even though I loved the innuendos in the series.
itasca00
moon room

kavat wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:53 pm 1.48 Dan winks and says he can host? There's something here I don't understand, someone please fill me in.
In the game, someone has to "host" the room that other people then join to play with you, and Dan was doing this for the game with him and Phil. That's the tie in to what was happening in the game, but obviously Dan had a double meaning.

Perhaps Dan was referring to something else, but, in hookup culture, saying you're able to "host" (on your profile or when chatting) means you're able to have someone over to your place for a hookup. (This is in contrast to saying you're able to "travel," which means you're able to get yourself to someone else's place for a hookup.)
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

"you love a good tentacle"
phil says to dan.
then he brings up those tentacle fingers, which we're mostly familiar with, but my mind went to a potential Bad Dragon spon. so get on that one, lads.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
itasca00
moon room

So I have a fun question for anyone to answer if they're able: What is the runtime of your copy of Interactive Introverts?

While working on timestamps for the directors' commentary, I discovered that the length of the film is not consistent across platforms. For the specific combination of platforms I was able to test (Blu-ray with directors' commentary on and Google Play), this discrepancy cannot be eliminated with a simple offset or scaling factor applied to the time. (So these versions of the movie don't just have different amounts of blank space at the beginning or end, and they don't just play at slightly different speeds). My hypothesis is that these different run times are the result of two slightly different cuts of the movie.

Below is the list of different runtimes I've been able to collect for different platforms. I'd be very interested to know if turning the directors' commentary on and off changes the runtime on the Blu-ray disc or DVD, and I'd be very interested to know whether the runtime of the DVD is any different than that of the Blu-ray disc.
  • Google Play: 1:58:12 (I own)
  • Amazon Prime Video: 2:03:13 (friend owns/source)
  • iTunes: 1:58:12 (source)
  • Blu-ray (with directors' commentary on): 2:06:19 (friend owns)
  • Blu-ray (with directors' commentary off): ?
  • DVD (with directors' commentary on): ?
  • DVD (with directors' commentary off): ?
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

ok i was going to post about a different thing but i just read @ratlad's bad dragon comment and now im cackling, but also pls hve mercy. i already got out of one fandom from my dark past that was littered w dragon dildo references...i dont wanna hve to go through that again...

coughs, anyways

just a reminder, were having another :epictree: special phandom watch viewing via rabbit this sunday, dec 16th! :epictree:

but im not here only to #spon. recently weve received a question from someone living in sydney, asking what time the showing will be for them - and it ends up being 12am and 6am respectively. so now were wondering how the times are for everyone else? is 1pm and 7pm utc still ok? or have daylight savings screwed you over? shall we rethink our times and adjust?

pls share your thoughts over at the idb phandom watch thread. thank you!
"you are next to me in my life"
knq
lava lamp

itasca00 wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:16 am So I have a fun question for anyone to answer if they're able: What is the runtime of your copy of Interactive Introverts?

While working on timestamps for the directors' commentary, I discovered that the length of the film is not consistent across platforms. For the specific combination of platforms I was able to test (Blu-ray with directors' commentary on and Google Play), this discrepancy cannot be eliminated with a simple offset or scaling factor applied to the time. (So these versions of the movie don't just have different amounts of blank space at the beginning or end, and they don't just play at slightly different speeds). My hypothesis is that these different run times are the result of two slightly different cuts of the movie.

Below is the list of different runtimes I've been able to collect for different platforms. I'd be very interested to know if turning the directors' commentary on and off changes the runtime on the Blu-ray disc or DVD, and I'd be very interested to know whether the runtime of the DVD is any different than that of the Blu-ray disc.
  • Google Play: 1:58:12 (I own)
  • Amazon Prime Video: 2:03:13 (friend owns/source)
  • iTunes: 1:58:12 (source)
  • Blu-ray (with directors' commentary on): 2:06:19 (friend owns)
  • Blu-ray (with directors' commentary off): ?
  • DVD (with directors' commentary on): ?
  • DVD (with directors' commentary off): ?
So the ITunes/Google Play time and the Blu-Ray time are a whole 8 minutes different? I’d suggest different playtimes had something to do with region, NTSC/PAL, or the BBC logo playing, but 8 minutes seems like a lot.

I just checked my DVD (region 1, NTSC) playtime: 2:03:08. It’s 13 “chapters” and the commentary is the same length exactly.

The blu-ray disc I can’t actually play. :shrug:
scientia
phabergé

Has anyone else been seeing the “Dan Howell Watch” segment of the Youtuber News Snapchat series? For at least the past three weeks the host, Benedict Townsend, has done this segment. I find it random and sometimes (?) funny. I’m not sure if it originated due to the lack of posting on Dan’s channel or if the boys know this guy?

ETA I guess the series is also on YT...on the We The Unicorns channel...
citizen_erased
truth bomb

guys I did it. I finally had a dream with D&P in it.
The first part was gross and there were definitely murders (by a santa impersonator), I'll spare you a lot of the details because wow, brain, what in the actual fuck. But for some reason dan and phil were there to...idk...help investigate?? but then they had to run off because they were doing a kind of "viewers challenge us" video.

the next challenge they picked was to bleach their hair blond. and guys. I hope they never do it. NEVER. Nevermind the crazy santa murders, the real horror of this dream was blond dan and phil.
kavat
pastel persona

itasca00 wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:10 am
kavat wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:53 pm 1.48 Dan winks and says he can host? There's something here I don't understand, someone please fill me in.
In the game, someone has to "host" the room that other people then join to play with you, and Dan was doing this for the game with him and Phil. That's the tie in to what was happening in the game, but obviously Dan had a double meaning.

Perhaps Dan was referring to something else, but, in hookup culture, saying you're able to "host" (on your profile or when chatting) means you're able to have someone over to your place for a hookup. (This is in contrast to saying you're able to "travel," which means you're able to get yourself to someone else's place for a hookup.)
Thanks! I suspected it might be that but I wasn't sure (I'm too ace to know much about hookup culture lol :asexualheart:)
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

Does anyone have information about this? Like did we know about it in advance and i missed the info? :shock:
i'm on my phone not on my laptop and because i'm not in the uk i need my VPN to listen to it!
:gayaf:
double dimple
smol bean

Ataraxia25 wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:42 am Does anyone have information about this? Like did we know about it in advance and i missed the info? :shock:
i'm on my phone not on my laptop and because i'm not in the uk i need my VPN to listen to it!

I hadn't head about this but I'm five minutes in (it's a video too) and Dan is already extremely fond.
hello9217
flower crown

Someone already uploaded all the parts will dnp

You can really tell how much more confident phil has gotten. This reminds of the brazil q&a, Phil just very chill while dan is quite loud in a very dan way. It's not bad but when you compare it to the soft voice he speaks in the commentary it's just very different.