Dan & Phil Part 80: You're my plinth of life

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

US shop DVD purchasers: Did y'all ever get a confirmation that you ordered the DVD? Or like... any sign that it's been shipped yet?

ETA: For clarity, I've just discovered I never got a confirmation email in any capacity or receipt. I only see a charge for it on my credit card. So, I've suddenly become wildly concerned that the order isn't official or something and that I may never get my cute blue and white DVD. :?
apathy
sad dimple

Not only has my dvd still not shipped (US), but the Christmas merch I ordered (jumper + socks) has apparently been lost in the mail, as it was shipped Nov 28, and was expected to arrive Dec. 6, and there's still no sign of it. Guess I'll enjoy wearing that... next year... or never. :shrug: I know that's not the shop's fault exactly, but kinda disappointing all around.

Good thing they're delivering the emotionally satisfying videos at least. :festivedeppy:
That's my socializing quota for the month up.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

I'm in the same boat - no confirmation or shipping notice, but the charge was on my card. Guess I'm hoping it just... shows up? The faith I have in you, dapshop. Sigh.
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

Yeah, I’m still waiting on my DVD as well. I saw someone on Tumblr post an email saying that they’re doing the US in regions from west to east coast and they have yet to ship east coast yet (of course. Ugh gotta love living in the south). I wonder if they’ll do anything for that
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

@rizzo I got a confirmation email with an order number when I pre-ordered my DVD. For my Black Friday merch order, I got an email when the shipping label had been created, and that allowed me to track it in the mail. For the DVD, the confirmation email gives me a link to "view my order" on the Dan and Phil shop, and that website says that I will receive an email when the order has been shipped. I haven't gotten such an email yet, so I'm pretty sure my DVD is not yet on its way.

The lack of confirmation email is strange, but I wouldn't worry about it if the charge is on your credit card. I was going to suggest checking your order history if you have an account on the Dan and Phil Shop, but my pre-order doesn't show up there.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I'm in the same boat as everyone else. I'm on the west coast and I haven't heard from the shop yet either. I also have a charge on my credit card so I'm hoping that I'll eventually get my order. I really debated back and forth about ordering from Amazon or from dnpshop but I wanted the blue version.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

RE: US shop
I guess I’ll throw in my update too? I ordered the blue vip one and I have a confirmation email (including the coupon code “HEXAGON” they gave out) but when I go back and check the status, its still telling me that the purchase has been confirmed but not shipped... ugh I’m probably going to have to request an address change since I won’t be getting it any time soon...
Nice that IRL store is compensating Australian customers though
Afunnyworld
sofa crease

I'm on the east coast and I preordered the Blue dvd as well, it still hasn't shipped. I thought I didn't get a confirmation email at first but I found it under ''Dan & Phil Presale" and the first part of the email was a promo code offer so I had to scroll down to actually see my order summary, so maybe that's what happened for some other people?
knq
lava lamp

I saw this email from IRL on twitter earlier which addresses the lack of email confirmation and tracking. I hope all goes well for those who ordered. Dnp weren’t kidding when they said they had to finish editing immediately upon return to London in order to get the dvd out before Christmas.

Completely unrelated, have Dan and Phil done that cute “Yah. Nah. Yaah. Naaaah. Yah. Yah?” thing recently? (And did that even make sense I don’t know)

I have a weird memory where I sometimes forget things that happened last week and then my brain re-discovers them and I have to wonder if I dreamed them.
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

@knq Thank you! That screenshot is very helpful, and it checks out in my case. I have an online account with the post office, so I can now see that my shipping label was created earlier this evening. But I still haven't received an email about it.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

citizen_erased wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:23 pm really random question I've been wondering about: is it just my computer that says the II dvd is still up for pre-order? Or have they really still not updated the website?
Nope, same here. I've been waiting for it to switch to the normal mode since you can't add anything else to your basket if you (pre-)order the DVD. I want a sweater with it, but I'm definitely not paying shipping twice. So I'm waiting..... Will probably miss the viewing party.
sparkle
blobfish

My blue pre-order arrived yesterday! (I actually thought it said the 17th when I ordered it? idk why?) I've not had chance to sit down with it yet but I'm very excited to watch it. Especially because they did a blu-ray and I swore i'd never get into blu-ray but here we are...

anyway that video. jesus fucking christ.

i've watched it twice and i'm still shocked that that is an actual thing they put up on the internet. i swear to god like i know its just one game that they've played on the gaming channel but this has made me even more convinced that they're completely 110% gay for each other. it was just such lighthearted queer fluff and i am living. 2018 is the best year.

the only way this year could get more fucking gay is if they were to end it on a literal bang :waiting:
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

For some reason the whole Phil spending 2k on a meal in 2009 thing seems to have been brought up again on tumblr and I'm constantly amazed at how many people think it's real. What's the consensus here? I guess it just seems unfathomable to me that a 22 year old recent grad with no job living at home would drop that much on a meal.
Ablissa
pastel persona

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:10 pm For some reason the whole Phil spending 2k on a meal in 2009 thing seems to have been brought up again on tumblr and I'm constantly amazed at how many people think it's real. What's the consensus here? I guess it just seems unfathomable to me that a 22 year old recent grad with no job living at home would drop that much on a meal.
Wasn't that just wine or champagne, not an entire meal?
But I'm 100% sure they didn't get that. I know Phil's parents are well off, but that's still impossible to me. Isn't the Sky Bar pretty fancy no matter what you get?
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:10 pm For some reason the whole Phil spending 2k on a meal in 2009 thing seems to have been brought up again on tumblr and I'm constantly amazed at how many people think it's real. What's the consensus here? I guess it just seems unfathomable to me that a 22 year old recent grad with no job living at home would drop that much on a meal.
Everytime I see that, I wonder what makes people think it's real. To me, it's 100% Dan just joking about Phil buying him the most expensive thing on the menu. It's not like he has a picture of the receipt on that tweet, it's just a picture of the menu. :shrug:
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
knq
lava lamp

It always startles me when people interpret that to be true! To me Dan's initial post (formspring? dailybooth? idk) read as a joke. I think he photographed the $2000 order on the menu because he and Phil were shocked, horrified, and amused by it, the way they still are by how much a couples' massage can cost in a fancy hotel.

Dan's never been the type to share gestures of affection. If Phil actually spent $2000 on something for Dan in 2009 I don't believe Dan would have told the internet about it. I don't doubt Phil and his family paid for other things as they seem to have been more well off than Dan and his family, I just don't think he would have shared that with the internet.

Added to that, someone asked him if he was serious (or if he was joking, I forget) and he gave them a one word yes or no answer. He got better at flagging his sarcasm over the years, but I feel like a straightforward single word answer from Dan has always been an obvious sign that he's being sarcastic.

...And now I realize why people might interpret that differently than me. Because I just said when Dan says 'yes' he obviously means no! :facepalm2: Having written that out I do understand why different people come to different conclusions. As with most things Dan and Phil(tm) it's open for interpretation.
Last edited by knq on Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Good point, @knq, I didn't think of all that. I always hope it's a joke, though I've never been 100% sure. Spending that on a bottle of whatever is almost beyond my comprehension. I get if you make millions then it might be worth it to you on a special occasion, heck, I've spent £100 on a big set of good colouring pencils, but :shrug:
sparkle
blobfish

Ablissa wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:28 pm
Wasn't that just wine or champagne, not an entire meal?
But I'm 100% sure they didn't get that. I know Phil's parents are well off, but that's still impossible to me. Isn't the Sky Bar pretty fancy no matter what you get?
I've been to Sky Bar for Valentine's Day forever ago. It's VERY fancy. We had afternoon tea for two people and I think it was £70. And that was literally just tea, sandwiches, cake, scones, and pastries

I'm also certain it was just for a bottle of champagne that I'm certain they didn't get. Based on Dans margarita blog it'd be likely he ordered a margarita there.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i don't even know what to think of that $2000 menu thing, but now that it has been explained more, i agree wih you guys.
i mean, the only reason i never questioned it was cause the first time i seen that pic, i was like maybe 13. my gullible ass truly believed it and i guess i didn't even rethink it since then LMAO. well, i did question it like "why would you spend $2k on some twink from the other side of the country???" but then i accepted it cause maybe phil was rich, even though that number makes all of the blood drain from my body.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

I always took it as a very obvious joke. Like everyone else is saying, surely a 22 year old living with his parents did not buy a 2k bottle of anything. I can’t fathom people taking this seriously? It’s classic fetus Dan humor/trolling and I can’t see Phil spending that kind of money even today lol
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

There's no way he spent the $2k. Like @sparkle said, he probs got the margarita and was just Dan being his usual Dan self on twitter.

But like.... These days, if Phil wants to order that champagne alongside an engagement-ring-in-a-slice-of-cake, I'd avoid passing judgement.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

initial reaction: umm what?? also, so no liveshow? *breaks skateboard*
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

That was cute. Especially the slap fight in the middle. With everything ending, I wonder if they have anything planned for next year or if they are just going to roll with the flow.
Last edited by lilabet on Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

That was so cute!! WTF!!!! RIP Dan v Phil, I guess?

But also, if this was the way it was gonna go, I ain't even mad. I loved that so much. Why are they so damn adorable?
alien
procrastinator

that video was so full of...lets go with interesting tension that i'm sweatin

i find it so endearing that they do staring contests with each other for no reason other than to just stare at each other like wtf man

at first i thought the third challenge was going to be a lame way to end it but it ended up being super intense and i'm happy with the outcome of who won :6-year-old dan: