Dan & Phil Part 80: You're my plinth of life

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Ablissa
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

This video was peak level cuteness. The way they look at each other just makes me feel like I'm the biggest third wheel in the world... and I love every second of it. Honestly, with each new video they just look more and more married and I'm 100% here for it.

I don't think it's the "final" end of Dan vs Phil. They know we love those videos. Dan made it pretty clear it's the end of this rendition of DvP when he called it a season, chapter, tournament and I don't remember what else.

Edit since this is top of the page: NEW VIDEO!! which @obsessivelymoody posted on the previous page and I'm bringing it back up here because it's perffff.
Last edited by Ablissa on Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

Oh my gosh, this was adorable. And a fitting end. I appreciate that they appreciate how crap that board always looked. Also I was surprised to get ANOTHER video before Dilmas. They're keeping us well-fed even without Gamingmas.

Also I know it's not their style, but I'd love to see a vlog of returning the table leaf to their own landlord ;)

Also, Phil looked amazing with the little flecks of grey. Making me, a black haired 31-year-old, feel a little more confident about rocking the greys.

I like that he immediately called the crown his "prince." He's clearly gotten to the point where he is enjoying using male pronouns for all his fictional loves.

(Omg we get just so much touching these days; 2013 DNP is quaking.)
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I enjoyed that a lot. They are just so cute. Certainly made me laugh. :lol: And I'm okay with them ending this series, there had to be some kind of conclusion to it all.

I've really loved the last three gaming vids. :festivedeppy: have been on a roll in my opinion.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I mean, that was very cute. Them talking about having a staring contest the other week is grossly cute, and of course acknowledging doing rock paper scissors to sort out stuff is in the same category. And I'm always here for Dan making Phil know his arms are great. And then Phil feeling the urge to slap Dan and them playing that game after was cute. Basically the whole thing was cute.

I am also latching onto Dan saying "chapter" near the end. I guess I don't entirely mind it ending, but I'm just not sure what would potentially take its place. Especially since Dan vs. Phil is just one of those staple things with them.
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

loved the video. extremely flirty, my face hurt by the end of the video from smiling so much. they’re just so cute these days.

sad about the end of dan vs phil though. i was hoping they’d crown a winner for that board and start a new one. now i’m also kind of worried they’ll end the sims on the last day of dilmas. i know they say they’re not going anywhere but my inherent fear of abandonment is making me nervous about how much stuff they’ve ended/ just not done through the last few months of this year.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

obsessivelymoody wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:23 pm I am also latching onto Dan saying "chapter" near the end. I guess I don't entirely mind it ending, but I'm just not sure what would potentially take its place. Especially since Dan vs. Phil is just one of those staple things with them.
The next chapter is obvs Dan & Phil vs The World. :love2:

Every video is progressively making me more demon.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That was a surprise and so, so funny. I think the hype of the final showdown made me laugh harder. After the video I read the description and “subscribe for a free table” made me burst again. I love the comments about ass-kicking and all or nothing. Intereting that they did left arms and fitting to use the board. I’ve wondered if Dan is a bit stronger, being a bit bigger, but perhaps not. Funny that they’re both in their own merch and so stark in the black and white, makes for a very strong vs aesthetic. Cute to hear about their mind-reading and sneaky snekkery in the last game. The impromptu slapping was the cutest of all, they’re like two little kids sometimes. I was amused and happy with the winner, and he played up to it well.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

So uhm... they just scored 3 perfect videos in a row with this one? It was so good, doing silly games was the perfect way to end Dan vs. Phil and I was smiling (or dumbly smirking) the entire time. But the best parts were them shoving each other in their chairs and that hand slapping game (idk what it's called).

And the little explanation for Rock Paper Scissors. "We know each other SO well." :garbage:

DvsP wasn't really my favorite series, but I will miss it. I'm super anxious for next year now. What is gonna happen? Like I'm still excited but not knowing anything about their potential plans freaks me out a tiny bit? Please Deppy tell us about your plans! I don't think they'll do anything super drastic (yet??) but AAAAAAAH. :o

I definitely think it was just a joke. I don't believe a baby Capita£ester would spend money like that. I always imagine that while at the sky bar the boys probably joked around about the price, then one teased the other about buying it in a flirty wink wink nudge nudge eyebrow wiggle kinda way, and kept the joke going on social media.

"You should buy me this... ;) :oops: "
"Oh maybe I should 8-) :loveeyes: "

And they giggled about how broke they were like normal people their age.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

god that was beautiful. yet again, someone on here predicted that dvp would have a finale this month. i love how the phandom is correct most of the time.
i love phil using "my prince" and "husband". feels organic. feels good.
i love that they actually have staring contests and play rock paper scissors and arm wrestle.......
it just makes me so :happytears:
i don't think they're ending it permanently, they may just start fresh in the new year.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
Secretstanner
truth bomb

That video was actually really fun and they were super cute. I know at first when they said they weren’t doing gamingmas I thought I was going to be bored throughout December but I’ve actually loved the last 3!!! Golf with friends and heart throb were brilliant stand alone videos, I’ve watched them at least 3 times each and this one will be no different. I don’t care we didn’t have gamingmas now, I’d rather have these 3 casual videos, that I will watch more than once than ones I wouldn’t give a second thought. Also I’m in such a good mood bring on dilmas. I actually really liked the first dilmas they did all them years ago, I’m hoping we come to some conclusion In the game and start 2019 with a new story. Can we bring the energy they were radiating in this video through to 2019 please. I’m glad they ended dvp as much as I love it but I’m ready for new content and I’m excited for more. I’m in such a sappy mood guys :happytears:
Also dan said now prance queen king. I need a liveshow to know if dan is watching this season of all stars coz that’s what my brain went to
Last edited by Secretstanner on Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bifaeri
tol bean

I feel a lot of love for dapg right now. That was such an enjoyable video. I had been wondering how long they were going to keep trying to stuff things on that tabletop-turned-board. I figured they would choose a video game that they are both equally good at as the finale but I'm glad to see they did this instead. It felt a lot more personal and sentimental plus I am a complete sucker for them talking about how well they know each other. Like Phil says he is filled with pumped up energy like he just wants to slap someone and next thing Dan silently brings out his hands for them to play a game that involves slapping each other's hands???? I can't- the domesticity. the fondness. It makes me so emo

I am curious to see what's next though. Are they ending dan vs. phil permanently or does this mean they'll clear the board and start something else? A new series perhaps? Whatever it is, I can't wait for 2019 Dan and Phil. I think i'm really going to like those guys.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

This year has been such a rollercoaster with dnp. I've been wanting them to get rid of that dan vs. phil board since last year because it was so crowded but now that it's gone i'm feeling sad. I feel like all year I've been worried that they'd go away and then they'd do or say something about how things weren't going to change very much and I'd go back to enjoying the cute content - tour stories, videos, etc. and even after the tour we had the mukbang, pinof 10, just a lot of great videos. Now I'm back on that rollercoaster - happy that they are happy but sad that chapters are ending and things are changing.

Not all change is bad though and after a slow start they have been giving us great videos all december. the videos have been more honest, they've been more fond, and even though we've seen some things end, they've done nothing but talk about how well they know each other and have shown us how much fun they've had. I wish they would give us a live show where they talked to us about their ideas for next year but either they are working on a project or they just really don't know so as hard as it is I guess I'll just enjoy the rest of the videos this december and embrace this dan and phil that are my favorite version of them yet.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

That was so cute. 10/10, thoroughly enjoyed, please slap fight and stare at each other some more.
lilabet wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:12 pm That was cute. Especially the slap fight in the middle. With everything ending, I wonder if they have anything planned for next year or if they are just going to roll with the flow.
obsessivelymoody wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:23 pm I am also latching onto Dan saying "chapter" near the end. I guess I don't entirely mind it ending, but I'm just not sure what would potentially take its place. Especially since Dan vs. Phil is just one of those staple things with them.
I definitely think that this 'chapter' of DvP ended because the board was full and it was getting a bit ridic to try and squeeze more on there. I fully expect 2019 to bring us an empty board and a fresh start for them challenging each other. Which is fine - I mean, it's pretty natural that some games will be coop and some will be them playing against each other. If they're doing the same thing anyway... why on earth not keep score?
intoapuddle
spork

Something I've noticed recently is that Dan never says anything directly "bad" about Phil anymore. Any jab is followed up with something nicer. He blatantly contradicts himself, like in this video he said "I win most of the time (on rock paper scissors)." Then added "Sometimes."

It's such a difference from a few years ago, or maybe even more recently, I don't know. It's not that he was throwing insults at Phil before but still. I don't know if this makes any sense but has anyone else picked up on that? I don't know what I think of it or if there is anything /to/ think of it, but in some ways it seems deliberate on Dan's part?
greenergrass
stress mushroom

I got near the end of that video and realized I was just sitting watching it with a massive smile on my face.

It was so cute. They are so cute. I would go into detail but I need to head back out right away, but damn I loved that video so much, and I love them being their ridiculous competitive but not-really-competitive selves.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

ok first of all, i ate my words again. no surprise there. i said yesterday the dating game was peak 20gayteen but deppy went, "NAH, SON"

anyways, really loved that video. its a rightfully epic end to this series. i also loved the fact that they went full caveman for this one because OH BOY. i watched it during my break (still am as i write this) and i physically have to cover my mouth from laughing too much. they were so fond and giggly and they literally were flexing their domestic marriage friendship to us well fed children. ddnt know cheeks could hurt from smiling too much ...

im glad so to be a third wheel.

@intoapuddle i feel like the playful insults is just one of dans, for lack of better word, emotional self-defense. as someone who is awkward at expressing affection or even just expressing compliments genuinely, it can be hard to convey that to the other person sometimes because at the back of your head theres always that nagging feeling where youll get judged for it. im not saying dan is like that 100%, but drawing from my life experiences, its a thing that exists. no matter the reason for his gradual shift, its nice to see him getting more comfortable with himself and being out there.
"you are next to me in my life"
liola
rankussy

That was just peak cuteness and I can't believe how good the videos lately have been .

Also can we talk about Phil caressing the crown and saying the words "we'll be together my prince" with the pink filter? They're delivering soft queerness in all their glory and I live for it

I am indeed being emotionally satisfied
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
BuffyFiona
sofa crease

Catallena wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:44 pm So uhm... they just scored 3 perfect videos in a row with this one?
Exactly what I was thinking!!! I was expecting Dan's promise of being emotionally fulfilled by gaming vids in December even without gamingmas was gonna be an empty one, but I...... actually am?! With us getting lovely and non-Sims vids on the 11th, 14th, 17th, and 18th, it's almost felt like a mini gamingmas, where we've still been getting consistent uploads, but with longer time between, and they've been less rushed and I imagine Deppy've felt a lot less stress and pressure on them, which I think has made these past 2 weeks even more enjoyable and seem much more relaxed! :prideheart:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

lesterchuu wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:42 pm @intoapuddle i feel like the playful insults is just one of dans, for lack of better word, emotional self-defense. as someone who is awkward at expressing affection or even just expressing compliments genuinely, it can be hard to convey that to the other person sometimes because at the back of your head theres always that nagging feeling where youll get judged for it. im not saying dan is like that 100%, but drawing from my life experiences, its a thing that exists. no matter the reason for his gradual shift, its nice to see him getting more comfortable with himself and being out there.
To add onto this--and I completely agree, this is more of an extension I guess--I think Dan pulling back like that ties into his living his truth in not backtracking immediately with everything he says, even with the humorous part to it. Like its sort of apart of him trying to still feeling his way around Dan in the present online as he steps away from danisnotonfire and whatnot. I guess it just makes me think about that one vyou (on mobile in public otherwise I would link it) where Dan got super defensive at the idea of people thinking he was being mean to Phil. I guess stepping back from bluntness to compliments followed by an ~insult to just plain compliments to the point where he just complements Phil whenever he sees fit is apart of that growth.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

“gaming” channel
i’m just kidding i loved this video, they’re so evenly matched in everything the stakes always feel high
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

what a great video, what a great month, what a great year
i'm so full of love for them that if they keep going as they are, my heart might actually explode
i'm at a point of holding myself back from just posting hearts and hearts
i'm also very curious about what 2019 will bring to us after their very deserved rest
glitterintheair
phillluminati

They promised us an emotionally satisfying december and they were not kidding. This video was everything, i loved it so so much that i think that it's probably the best gaming video they've uploaded this year. Also, it feels like they're really accelerating the process of being accustomed to just being more themselves on camera, aren't they? Since the santa banter video there has been a shift, i wonder how much more they will dare.

So excited to see what's gonna happen in 2019 and I am also a bit anxious, I guess? Not in a bad way, it's just that I don't like not knowing things in advance and this huge question mark on the future of dan and phil is killing me.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

LurkingTrash wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:35 am what a great video, what a great month, what a great year
i'm so full of love for them that if they keep going as they are, my heart might actually explode
i'm at a point of holding myself back from just posting hearts and hearts
i'm also very curious about what 2019 will bring to us after their very deserved rest
This is exactly how I feel and I can’t stop smiling. Holy shit it was so good <3 <3
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

I thought the video itself was fun, but, not gonna lie, it initially really bummed me out! Dan vs. Phil is one of those things that I thought would just be around forever, and I really was not mentally prepared for it to be over. I don't want to get my hopes up for a new season of Dan vs. Phil in the new year, but I'm sure that whatever's coming in 2019 will be grand. Anyway, here are my highlights:
  • [1:24] Dan aggressively pushes Phil’s arms out of his face to make a pronouncement...that he can't quite remember. :lol:
  • [1:37] Phil spoils Dan’s buildup to an announcement, and Dan pretends to swat Phil's head before pushing Phil away from him.
  • [2:30] Phil starts laughing as Dan announces the final prize of Dan vs. Phil. Dan tells him not to laugh because it took him an hour to make the prize, and Phil reassures Dan that he’s impressed by Dan’s creation. Dan reveals that he has made a crown out of the present decoration that Phil crushed during Gamingmas last year, and he shows the present's bare metal skeleton. At [3:30], they say:
    D: Look at what--Look at what his ass did to this. Look at that!
    P: It’s a powerful muscle.
    D: You scare me.
    P: Gluteus maximus.
  • [3:50] Phil pretends to cut off Dan’s head. Much to my surprise, Dan’s head actually comes flying off through the magic of video editing.
  • [4:14] At first, I thought Phil's concerns were implausible, but then I remembered how clumsy Phil is...
    P: Not back to the beginning where it was the Olympics and everyone was naked, but--
    D: No, I--Bit--I’m not doing a naked javelin in the same room as you.
    P: No, that was dangerous! Why were they doing javelin with everything hanging out? That could--
    D: Shot put with your shot puts out.
    P: --go somewhere.
  • [4:44] Phil's making it sound better to me, Daniel.
    P: The only rule was it had to be something involving our bodies, and not a computer game.
    D: You’re making this--You’re making this sound worse. They’re gonna get--
  • [4:50] As Phil announces the game he's chosen, Dan gives an incredible eye roll. :lol:
  • [5:01] This moment immediately gave me a mental image of Dan borrowing and wearing some of Phil's contact lenses just to be more competitive in this round. If the stakes were higher, I honestly wouldn't put it past him.
    D: You wear contact lenses! You have artificial eye moistening devices strapped to your fa--Okay, fine. No.
    P: Shoulda put some in.
    D: These were the--These were the rules.
    P: These were the rules.
    D: Shoulda put some in?
    P: Yeah.
  • [5:39] Oh, Dan.
    P: I should try to make myself cry! Sad dogs. Titanic. Sad dog on Titanic.
    D: Thinking about myself.
  • [6:09] Dan blinks, losing the round, and immediately lets out a blood-curdling scream followed by a series of slightly less severe yells about how bad he had just done. :thumb:
  • [6:23] For some reason, Dan fiddles around with Phil’s chair.
  • [6:24] Dan says that he and Phil had a staring contest last week that Dan won by keeping his eyes open for a full minute.
  • [6:42] I can't believe how protective and proud Dan is of his creation. Yes, I can.
    P: Just call me the king of moist balls in my head. That sounded weirder than I wanted to, but I’m very excited!
    D: You can--you can have this round. I don’t want this round any more.
    P: Can I touch the crown?
    D: Noo!
    P: I’m touching it. It’s closer to me now. We will be together soon, my prince.
  • [6:58] Dan shoves Phil, and Phil shoves him back. Twice. Dan tells Phil to stop enjoying the rolling chairs so much.
  • [7:21] Remember how hot and bothered Dan got by a set of nice arms in the Heartthrob video? Yeah, me too.
    P: I’ve got really weak arms! They’re like noodles!
    D: You literally don’t have weak arms. You have, like, quite big arms. You just are mentally weak and don’t know how to use your own muscles. That’s honestly what I’d say.
    P: We’ll see about that, Buster Howell.
  • [8:13] Phil says that he does a lot with his left arm, and Dan is immediately disturbed. Dan says that he doesn’t want to touch “this.”
  • [9:07] Dan wins the arm wrestle, and he yells again. :D
  • [9:41] Phil winds up to slap Dan on the face, and he says that he wants to do it. Then they start playing this game. They slap each other’s hand several times, and Dan whiffs once. :lol:
  • [10:02] I think these are the two objective criteria for having a good time in any situation.
    P: I’ve got very dry eyes and an aching left arm. What’s gonna be next?
    D: That’s how you know you’ve had a good time.
  • [10:17] Dan and Phil explain why they chose to play Rock, Paper, Scissors in the final round. They say that, when you know someone really well, there’s a lot of strategy involved in playing a best-of series, and they do this all the time when they need to make a decision about who does something. Phil says that Dan likes to play mind games by hinting at one of the options (like paper) in what he says before they play, but Dan denies this. Dan says that Phil likes to flash an option (like scissors) with his hand right before they play. Dan and Phil agree that Dan wins most of these games...sometimes.
  • [11:51] An interesting series of metaphors by Dan that give me a small sliver of hope for the future of Dan vs. Phil.
    P: This is it.
    D: This is--This is Dan vs. Phil.
    P: All of this gaming has come to this.
    D: The season, the chapter, this tournament is at an end. This is like the Olympics.
    P: We’re not naked, though.
  • [12:02] Dan and Phil loosen up their hands and fingers. Dan ends up shaking his own left fist with his right hand, and Dan and Phil get weirded out by it. Then Dan puts his hand through the crown. :shrug:
  • [12:45] Dan loses the Rock, Paper, Scissors best-of series. Dan is quite distraught, and Phil is overjoyed. His celebrations include snipping at Dan’s hair with his winning finger scissors.
  • [13:17] All Phil wants for winning is a little :respekt2:
    P: I’m gonna go here and then you’ve got to crown me and then bow--and then bow to me.
    D: No--Bah, buh--This is a very, very, ve--I do?
    P: You do. Bow to me, biatch!
  • [13:34] Dan wheels Phil into the center of the frame and says in a Valleyspeak accent:
    D: And welcome to the Dan vs. Phil salon! How are you doing today?
  • [13:41] Dan addresses Phil by his full name and proceeds to crown him. At [14:13], he finally bows to Phil. :D
  • [14:16] Phil gives a speech thanking everyone who helped make his win possible. He thanks his mom, the tree that made the Dan vs. Phil board, everyone that’s watched Dan vs. Phil, and himself for being so great at games. At [14:23], Dan pops into the frame looking expectant, and Phil thanks him with a slap on the back at [14:28].
  • [14:33] Phil says that the crown has stopped going to his head, and he gives Dan a “sportsman handshake.” To end the video on the right note, Dan squeezes Phil’s hand until Phil cries out.
  • Individual merch links continue to remain consistent in pointing to http://danandphilshop.com.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

itasca00 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:12 am [6:58] Dan shoves Phil, and Phil shoves him back. Twice. Dan tells Phil to stop enjoying the rolling chairs so much.

[9:41] Phil winds up to slap Dan on the face, and he says that he wants to do it. Then they start playing this game. They slap each other’s hand several times, and Dan whiffs once. :lol:
these two timestamps are the reason why im both alive and dead at the same time :happytears:
"you are next to me in my life"