Dan & Phil Part 80: You're my plinth of life

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
kavat
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

The origin story of Dan vs Phil and the little flashbacks is so cute. These lads are so sentimental and love to look back at their journey together (and oh dear they were young when they started it). I love that they're wearing merch, the handcrafted crown, Dan's head flying off. Dan saying "I don't know why but I was staring at you for like a minute" yeah alright, why would anyone want to do that. And like, of course they have staring contests on the regular, of course they do. Nerds. How they describe how they play rock paper scissors and how well they know each other is just so domestic and cute.
P: Have you invited the queen?
D: I've invited your mum.
So... That's a yes then?

I'm excited to see what 2019 brings! Anxious and excited are two very similar feelings, so I'm interpreting it as excitement, lol.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

Even now, the day after, i can't stop thinking of the video. I'm feeling happy-hungover! It was genuinely so amazing and funny and i loved it. I loved that we got a staring game, some armwrestling and rock paper scissors as the finale of DvP. These boys make me so soft They love each other so damn much :happytears:

Can 2019 be there already? I'm dying to know what are their plans for the next year
:gayaf:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I hope they were in the same mood when they filmed Dilmas. Just by the structure of the Sims gaming videos I don't expect there to be quite the same level of giddy-cute as we've had in the past few videos but it still makes me hopeful that dilmas will be something really enjoyable.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

So, I just finished listening to the ii commentary and I swear to god that if we don't get a podcast next year I will genuinely cry. They can't give me a glimpse of what Dan and Phil doing a podcast would be like without turning it into an actual thing. Anyway, I LOVED listening to them talk to each other like that, I third-wheeled the whole time (so nothing new, there) and I absolutely enjoyed every single second of it, especially:
that bit of Dan telling Phil that he dreams about him in a quiff? Using that voice? Excuse me, what the hell was going on in that moment? I replayed that bit so many times, I was so shook.

I also loved how Dan kept telling Phil how great and amazing he was when he was performing his diss-track; he's really Phil Trash #1 and it's something that will never fail to make me go awwww.

A part that made me laugh was when Phil was talking about the monkey that he bought for his mother and Dan laughing when Phil said she doesn't have it anymore. And that's another thing that i loved so much in the commentary: there was so much giggling. Those boys are really out there, being happy and making each other laugh, god. :happytears:
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Okay, conspiracy theories! Who has them! The more outlandish the better. (Emphasis on theory - you don't need proof. I just want to know what people are suspicious about right now. Besides them leaving youtube/the channel ending. Unless you just have a super hilarious twist on it, then go for it. I'm just not trying to bum anyone out with this.)

Mine: Martyn and Cornelia appear to still be renovating? So I wonder if maybe they're not going to Isle of Man for Christmas. It's hard for me to imagine just leaving my house half-done to come back to and flying away for a week. Which made me start to wonder if the Lesters would ever just come to London for Christmas instead of the other way around? I guess the only hitch in that plan is that they'd be leaving 92 year old granddad for the holiday, unless granddad is spry enough to still travel himself? (But probably not.)
kavat
pastel persona

Oh what a fun subject, dizzy!

I think that deppy are already on Isle of man, and that's why we haven't gotten any instastories for a couple of days. Heartthrob was uploaded unusually late, so maybe after they landed. I'm guessing they'll post something in the next couple of days to confirm.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

kavat wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:55 pm Oh what a fun subject, dizzy!

I think that deppy are already on Isle of man, and that's why we haven't gotten any instastories for a couple of days. Heartthrob was uploaded unusually late, so maybe after they landed. I'm guessing they'll post something in the next couple of days to confirm.
I agree with your conspiracy because I noticed their upload times and replies were kind of wonky.
-dan's last story on instagram was an old picture
-Phil's last spon for a video was several days ago when he used youtube stories in front of the tree

either that or they are just hibernating. They planted the idea of a watch party today so it is possible they are at home but I want to believe.

My other theory: they are MIA because they are packing/sorting their stuff to get ready for another move in the new year
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

kavat wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:55 pm Oh what a fun subject, dizzy!

Ah! I love this! I had that thought too. They’ve been suspiciously quiet on insta and I think theyre probably not home. My theory is they’re doing Reading first (together because why not let me dream) and then heading to IOM this weekend (together). This year has blessed us and I’m holding out for Phil in Reading :festivedeppy:

Also consider this my daily request for festive baking
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

kavat's theory makes a lot more sense tbh, I think I'm just in love with the idea of them getting a full Christmas to themselves without sacrificing family time.

But they could easily do the watch party from anywhere if it's just a twitter watch along like tatinof was.... imagine them doing that with the whole Lester family commentating irl alongside them. Ughhhh. I love it.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:41 pm Okay, conspiracy theories! Who has them! The more outlandish the better. (Emphasis on theory - you don't need proof. I just want to know what people are suspicious about right now. Besides them leaving youtube/the channel ending. Unless you just have a super hilarious twist on it, then go for it. I'm just not trying to bum anyone out with this.)

Mine: Martyn and Cornelia appear to still be renovating? So I wonder if maybe they're not going to Isle of Man for Christmas. It's hard for me to imagine just leaving my house half-done to come back to and flying away for a week. Which made me start to wonder if the Lesters would ever just come to London for Christmas instead of the other way around? I guess the only hitch in that plan is that they'd be leaving 92 year old granddad for the holiday, unless granddad is spry enough to still travel himself? (But probably not.)
I've already told the sheeple to wake up when it comes to my extremely vague conspiracy and that is: We're headed somewhere big and we're headed there fast.

These last 3 videos have been emotionally satisfying on a level I don't think we've ever experienced and I think it's for a REASON. :illuminati:

I don't necessarily think there's a coming out video of any capacity on the way, but I think something's about to happen that makes their relationship fairly undoubtable. Now, originally that thought was the Forever Home. Because we all know it's coming and they need to prep their casual viewers for that kind of shit. Like, how are they going to announce a beautiful mansion/remodeled penthouse they bought together to people that are just watching a couple dudes game? No, they've gotta prepare them. Put the Gay Energy out there ASAP.

BUT! I love your conspiracy theory because perhaps it's not the Forever Home that they're prepping us for. Perhaps it's.... you may want to sit down for this one..... A Christmas Together In London. If the Lesters are coming (Granddad Lester too... Those genes stay young and spry!), maybe also the Howells (Colin included please) and then there's one happy giant family all celebrating together. And so like... they need to ensure we're ready for that level of Married, ya know?

But like, I'm also Team @kavat's Theory... just as long as they're together on the day, my theory pans out. :happytears:
kavat
pastel persona

thestigdrivesamini wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:03 pm
Ah! I love this! I had that thought too. They’ve been suspiciously quiet on insta and I think theyre probably not home. My theory is they’re doing Reading first (together because why not let me dream) and then heading to IOM this weekend (together). This year has blessed us and I’m holding out for Phil in Reading :festivedeppy:

Also consider this my daily request for festive baking
Oh no, you just made me realize how much I want a Phil + Colin selfie. Goddamnit.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

There have been shifts in tone all year but I think I definitely noticed the biggest change right after they posted pinof. I don't know if it was a liveshow or maybe even their stories or twitter interactions but something just seemed different. These last 3 videos have been fantastic but i'm just curious if everyone else has noticed that tone change since it's been brought up and when did you notice it?
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Amiaw wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:26 pm There have been shifts in tone all year but I think I definitely noticed the biggest change right after they posted pinof. I don't know if it was a liveshow or maybe even their stories or twitter interactions but something just seemed different. These last 3 videos have been fantastic but i'm just curious if everyone else has noticed that tone change since it's been brought up and when did you notice it?
While I'm a firm believer that they just drop little things at any given point (and have been actively doing so since the end of 2014), for me the biggest shift of the year was the mukbang. And I mean, everything after it has been so wonderful in a sort of extension of what they put out in the mukbang.

I also have to +1 @kavat's theory. Dan tweeting and doing the insta story about his tree crisis and then the late upload lead me to believe Phil had left already, and they both haven't done stories in 2 days now :illuminati: give me soft IoM vibes forever
knq
lava lamp

I suspect they’re going to have another radio show with the BBC in 2019. They’ve mentioned the radio a few times lately, then they were on the playlist thing. I suspect they fully Harued the playlist thing because they’re like... in negotiations or something business-y like that.

Another suspicion I had recently was that dnp and Rose and Rosie and perhaps some other UK youtubers I was unaware of were ‘collaborating’ to tell some sort of story that was starting off with unfamiliar Christmas decorations unexpectedly showing up in their homes. Rose and Rosie did a thing where they ‘discovered’ a Christmas star below their mysteriously open attic door at the end of a vlog, and then Dan and Phil said they found a squirrel ornament and then a tree with alphabet lights that they didn’t remember buying. ...But then it turned out the thing on Rose and Rosie’s channel was just hinting at the return of some character(?) that people who watch them more consistently than I do know about. It was a fun theory for like a day though.

Oh oh one more :illuminati: Whenever Phil tweets from the web I wonder if it’s actually Dan like, taking over tweeting duties, because Phil seems to prefer tweeting from iPhone while Dan prefers web, and sometimes the Phil web tweets sound Dan-ish. :shrug:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

knq wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:09 pm Oh oh one more :illuminati: Whenever Phil tweets from the web I wonder if it’s actually Dan like, taking over tweeting duties, because Phil seems to prefer tweeting from iPhone while Dan prefers web, and sometimes the Phil web tweets sound Dan-ish. :shrug:
I buy this theory. I’ve also noticed that on Instagram there are many times that dan will post a story or photo and Phil is online at the exact same time liking things and that happens with Phil posting/dan liking too but less often so I also think Dan has both accounts on his phone and switches back and forth to post sometimes.
Same with tumblr - when dan uploaded during spooky week and Phil was at his parents the video still got reblogged on Phil’s tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Amiaw wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:42 pm
knq wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:09 pm Oh oh one more :illuminati: Whenever Phil tweets from the web I wonder if it’s actually Dan like, taking over tweeting duties, because Phil seems to prefer tweeting from iPhone while Dan prefers web, and sometimes the Phil web tweets sound Dan-ish. :shrug:
I buy this theory. I’ve also noticed that on Instagram there are many times that dan will post a story or photo and Phil is online at the exact same time liking things and that happens with Phil posting/dan liking too but less often so I also think Dan has both accounts on his phone and switches back and forth to post sometimes.
Same with tumblr - when dan uploaded during spooky week and Phil was at his parents the video still got reblogged on Phil’s tumblr
This definitely wouldn't surprise me. It seems practical and convenient, and them knowing each other's passwords just seems like a total given at this point.
opendoor
rainbow nerd

knq wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:09 pm I suspect they’re going to have another radio show with the BBC in 2019. They’ve mentioned the radio a few times lately, then they were on the playlist thing. I suspect they fully Harued the playlist thing because they’re like... in negotiations or something business-y like that.
Oh don't even tease me about Radio 1, it's my greatest wish for them to return (to the weekly show not Internet Takeover, that wasn't great). I don't dare to hope, but after the BBC release of II and this Playlist thing I feel like it's not outside the realm of possibility?

I miss Desperately-trying-to-hold-it-together-BBC-Presenter versions of Dan and Phil. And they've changed so much I'd love to see how they tackled a show now. And youtube is such a hot mess of a platform nowadays, I want them to have roots somewhere else, ya know.
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

If we’re talking like fantasy scenarios, I’d kill for a podcast. I’d love to see the radio show come back as well. My wildest and most unrealistic dream would be proper vlogging (let’s all laugh together)
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I didn't watch the gaming video last night, although I wish I had because it is so funny. They were so cute in it, but they also gave us a little insight into their lives, the whole rock, paper, scissor thing, even though they've told us about it many times before is just so cute. Their interactions when one of them is trying to wind the other one up is just so funny. Some of my favourite moments:
5:48: Dan's deadly serious face
6:11: Dan being so annoyed with himself for losing
6:25: Dan saying they had a staring contest last week - lads you need to get a real job if this is what you have time to do haha
8:14: Dans long stare into the void at Phils left arm comment :lol: :lol:
8:59: Phil being pleased with himself that Dan thinks hes really weak when he isn't
10:20 onwards: this whole section is my favourite bit because they totally have pure bants with this whole thing. When Phil is saying to Dan that they are doing a round of 5 and he needs to win 3, but is holding up 2 fingers to indicate the scissors is just so funny, I probably rewatched that about 10 times before moving on to the rest of the video.

This bit though is the ultimate part of the video:
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
opendoor
rainbow nerd

missemma wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:43 pm
This bit though is the ultimate part of the video:
You know what you're about missemma and I applaud that.

And the DVP final was great, when Phil was all "because we know each other so well" my heart melted (along with Dan's presumably).

Also them trivialising 4 years of fierce videogaming competition by ending it all with paper-scissors-rock was the most Dan and Phil move ever.

Honestly though this vid got me a few minutes in with the inclusions of clips from old vids. Like a few other people said I was smiling the whole time I was watching.
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

opendoor wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:08 pmAlso them trivialising 4 years of fierce videogaming competition by ending it all with paper-scissors-rock was the most Dan and Phil move ever
You're so right omg. It's really perfect.

Also, I need signs of life from them. I realize that it's just the time of year and I'm getting hyped up when I need to level my expectations but silence feels purposeful right now. They remember that today is when they said the watch party would probably happy, right? They remember that dilmas is supposed to start tomorrow, right? THEN WHY SO QUIET. :tantrum:
liola
rankussy

We asked and we shall receive
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

OKAY now make it good boys. Make it worth five days of Sims videos.
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

Ooh, early heads up that Dan's going up to the IOM before Christmas. Look at them go with giving viewers information! (Even if they hid it behind the excuse of food)
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
knq
lava lamp

My day has been rough but Dan is spending part of the Christmas holiday being fed by Kathryn so everything is okay. ;_;