Dan & Phil Part 80: You're my plinth of life

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Maybe the lease is up on the gaming flat? Haha, that would be a hilarious reason even if I know it's not why.

At least they clarified that neither of them are leaving YouTube. We've just been spoiled about seeing them together and I'll miss it.
Last edited by lilabet on Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop
Pronouns: she/her

I am getting scared that they're moving out because so many things are changing, am I being irrational? They are still using "we" a lot.

UPDATE: they said they're not moving. I can breathe a bit better now.
Last edited by plinthofmylife on Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

i know it's probably dramatic but i actually am crying right now. it just feels like everything is ending. i know they said they're not going anywhere but this is a lot of change to take in at one time. i might have more to say later but right now i'm just really upset.
lilabet
philussy

Im_new_here wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:36 pm I am getting scared that they're moving out because so many things are changing, am I being irrational? They are still using "we" a lot.
They've just clarified that they aren't :shrug:
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

lilabet wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:35 pm Maybe the lease is up on the gaming flat? Haha, that would be a hilarious reason even if I know it's not why.
hmmm,,, i mean maybe. would make sense.
they said they're not moving. hhuh
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
Ataraxia25
flower crown

sugar wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:36 pm i know it's probably dramatic but i actually am crying right now. it just feels like everything is ending. i know they said they're not going anywhere but this is a lot of change to take in at one time. i might have more to say later but right now i'm just really upset.
Same. I should be happy for them, for change but my first reaction is panicking and crying
:gayaf:
Ablissa
pastel persona

So they're not moving??
Someone hold me I can't with this ls
noodlebum
flower crown

Aww them mentioning Joe saying he's a good egg makes me happy, everyone always has nice things to say about Joe including all the people on strictly
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

So I miss one LS and all of this is suddenly going on??? I don't know what's happening but I don't like it.
How's there any videos if they don't DAPG. They must have something big planned, either professionally or personally, to not do those few hours per week of work.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

ratlad wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:38 pm
lilabet wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:35 pm Maybe the lease is up on the gaming flat? Haha, that would be a hilarious reason even if I know it's not why.
This actually makes a lot of sense, so I'm subscribing to this theory.

I think that they need to figure out how to plan their life around just having the one flat. Get rid of some shit. Figure out where gaming and Phil are gonna film. :shrug:

Throw away that green duvet...........
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

Aww, I appreciate they've transitioned into Dan complimenting Phil's skin and hair and complaining about his coat purchase.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Dan really has no right to be telling Phil his clothing purchases are unnecessary.
lilabet
philussy

rizzo wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:42 pm

I think that they need to figure out how to plan their life around just having the one flat. Get rid of some shit. Figure out where gaming and Phil are gonna film. :shrug:

I'm actually coming around to my own theory. I had forgotten about Phil changing up his room.
Phandom Gives
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

OH YEAH THAT'S RIGHT so that's why phil isn't gonna film there anymore. but why isn't their current flat lease up?
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
bifaeri
tol bean

There's a lot going on in this liveshow but i do appreciate that they made it a bit longer than usual. I would have actually panicked if they told us that and then just left after 27 minutes.
liola
rankussy

This liveshow started being so cute and domestic and now it's anxiety town
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
noodlebum
flower crown

:shock: Well that was a whole thing. Have fun dissecting all of that guys, I'll be back tomorrow to review your findings :lol:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

ratlad wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:47 pm

OH YEAH THAT'S RIGHT so that's why phil isn't gonna film there anymore. but why isn't their current flat lease up?
I think they're just choosing to save money (rightly so - gotta pay for that Forever Home) and just pay for the one flat. An extra really is obnoxious imho.

@lilabet it's a v quality theory. Esp given they said they're not moving. Maybe in 2019 they're finding/renovating a new place, so technically they're not moving. Just.... consolidating for a little bit.
kavat
pastel persona

Oh my god what a roller coaster of a live show. Dan is going to IOM! He sang MCR after coming home drunk after a Christmas party! AP room change up coming! Dan spending like 10 minutes just talking about how good Phil looks in his coats! Pause on the gaming channel which makes me sad :( End to pinof which makes me even more sad :( I really didn't think that would happen. I guess I understand if they've grown out of it but it makes me a little sad.

It sounds like they have plans for 2019 and I don't have doubts it will be good, but yeah, that was unexpected.
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

bifaeri wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:52 pm There's a lot going on in this liveshow but i do appreciate that they made it a bit longer than usual. I would have actually panicked if they told us that and then just left after 27 minutes.
I really do appreciate that they made it longer and tried hard to reassure us that they're just doing this to reset and make better stuff.

(Also as someone who makes things on the internet for a living, I totally understand. I put out a weekly radio show and I really do get burnt the f*ck out and need a reset to come back with good content. So I'm trying to remember that's GOOD. They've been doing this for a long time; they're not abandoning us, this probably means new and better content.)
alien
procrastinator

That was the most frustrating liveshow ever. Change is hard sure but it's even harder when you can't even properly hear what they're saying and can only catch bits and pieces of it to piece together. Also I saw people on tumblr say they're moving but thought I heard Dan say they weren't so what was actually said??? It's so frustrating. I hope that the liveshow gets uploaded somewhere where you can actually understand clearly what they've said.

I know they reiterated it's just pinof ending and the gaming channel taking a break but it still felt like there was more going on but it was impossible to really understand.
Ablissa
pastel persona

I can't handle this liveshow oh my god. :platonic: Can we have like a group hug or something please. :platonic:

Okay so we all recapped what was being sad so I'm just gonna jump right to it. Discuss?
1. Do we think the gaming channel will come back? When?
2. Thoughts on "are you moving?" "no." & changing video backgrounds?
3. JUST GENERAL THOUGHTS WHILE I GATHER MY OWN??

I'd love to hear what you all think omg this was a whole thing
Ataraxia25
flower crown

The worst in all this is that I REALLY didn't expect that. The idea of pausing the gaming channel never ever crossed my mind
:gayaf:
animad
squish

As sad as I am about pinof ending, if they're gonna replace that with annual mukbangs and/or baking, something that suits 2018+ dnp then im all for it.

I hope dnpg isn't gone for long, though I appreciate them telling us that they're gonna take a break instead of just letting us sit and stew (coughdinofcough) and if it means they come back with bigger and better things then cheers to the new year

(Also phil wanting to change his background to something not a bed, who could've guessed)
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

So I guess now that they've finally given the people what they want, they're now gonna give the people what Dan and Phil want... and I couldn't be happier for them, tbh.
If they want time off to think about what direction they want to take the gaming channel and want to end old traditions so that they can start making new traditions, I cannot convey how much I support them.
Like, I'm kind of really sad that we won't be getting gaming videos, and yes my jaw did actually drop when they said that this was the last PINOF, but, like they've said, they're not going anywhere. They're just taking some time off, and it sure does sound like they have/are making plans for 2019. (maybe doing some life things wink wink?)