Dan & Phil Part 80: You're my plinth of life

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

For completeness
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop
Pronouns: she/her

<3 Like, seriously, that was so adorable. I would be emotionally satisfied if it weren't for other news. Okay, fine, I still am.

I particularly would like to note the certainty with which Dan remembers that Phil didn't have a bedside table in his first apartment. Like, you know an awful lot about the sleeping situation in that apartment for a bro. (queue up the tape of dan admitting he spent nearly his whole first year at uni there.)
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

I don't know if it's because of the context of Dilmas and dapg pausing but I LOVED it! THE ANECDOTES! I'm dead. They killed me.

quoting ratlad because you literally talked about the two things that really made me :happytears:
ratlad wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:51 pm them saying that they personally wanted to move away from their family homes and that's the reason they made dab and evan move into a bigger city??? this is. it is too much. they are seriously not holding back.
OH AT ALL.
also i loved this part:
phil: they still don't have a bedside table but who needs one anyway?
dan, in a soft cute fond voice: you didn't have a bedside table in your first manchester apartment

what! the! fuck! :happytears:
how can you know about the bedside table in THAT MUCH CERTAINTY uh?
Last edited by Ataraxia25 on Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:gayaf:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I got weirdly emotional half way through the video and may have slightly teared up. I know it’s a sims video but this video was everything. Dan and Phil have never related themselves to the sims characters like this before and the fact that they told their story in the video...it just makes me feel all kinds of fondness and also leaves me wishing that we could have had this from the beginning. It does mean a lot that they gave us this while they are visiting the family together though.

Excuse me while I go drown myself in feels
Ablissa
pastel persona

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:52 pm (And I'm kind of mad I can't enjoy this without feeling sad.)
I'm with you. I loved this video, I did. But I kept thinking that I won't get that again next year and I'm honestly sad, like, tearing up kind of sad, and I can't help it.

Edit to cheer up (obv that person meant Dab. Dil and Evan sounds creepy in this scenario)
Last edited by Ablissa on Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Ablissa wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:02 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:52 pm (And I'm kind of mad I can't enjoy this without feeling sad.)
I'm with you. I loved this video, I did. But I kept thinking that I won't get that again next year and I'm honestly sad, like, tearing up kind of sad, and I can't help it.
I feel this too tbh. Mulling over it a bit more, I'm kind of feeling...annoyingly bittersweet about it all. I love it, I truly am the happy tears emoji but for me dilmas was the first gaming channel ~event/~series I got to watch 'live', and the repeated feeling kind of hurts a bit with the context we have. I'm definitely looking at the whole situation in a more optimistic light so I don't drive myself insane, but I really do feel the kind of sadness with this, even though it's very, very lovely all in all.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

I came here to post that tweet. I know that's a vine, but I feel like, seriously, Dan is just...throwing baguette sized loafs of a bread crumb trail.
goodbants
drama llama
Pronouns: she/her/hers

fancybum wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:52 pm I loved it so much :happytears: The koi picture :happytears: the AP colour scheme :happytears:
I know it would be too on the nose, but I want them to make Dab and Evan social media influencers now. The Get Famous expansion pack could be their last claimable expense for dapg....

Dilmas day 1 gets an A+++ :love2:
They absolutely need to do this!! I feel like they could relate to them even more and it would be even sweeter and more domestic ❤❤❤
Last edited by goodbants on Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:sparkle: this was the most fun i've ever had :sparkle:
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

plinthofmylife wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:11 pm Dan is just...throwing baguette sized loafs of a bread crumb trail.
Hahaha this is the best analogy I’ve seen for 2018 DnP! Just scatter the whole damn bakery
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I'm such in a weird mood because i'm sad thinking about dapg ending but i'm also shook over this video. What an odd situation this is. Knowing that in 4 days everything will be over is such an unpleasant feeling. DAPG is the dnp related channel i love the most and the one i always turn to when i need some lighthearted fun, so now it feels like they're taking away the only security blanket i've got.

Anyway, this video was not subtle at all, let's be real for a second here. And I understand making some comparisons between themselves and devan but?? It happened every 5 seconds? Like, okay,WE GET IT, oh my god.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
goodbants
drama llama
Pronouns: she/her/hers

glitterintheair wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:18 pm Anyway, this video was not subtle at all, let's be real for a second here. And I understand making some comparisons between themselves and devan but?? It happened every 5 seconds? Like, okay,WE GET IT, oh my god.
I know, right?! I know it's easy to say this because it's said all the time and it never happens, but I legitimately would not be surprised if they make their relationship public soon. I mean this, Heartthrob, them changing a lot of their channel stuff and taking a break to reflect... it's just all so much. This episode especially. I mean they literally said they had the same table in Manchester and Dab and Evan could have romantic dates there and leave and extra chair to pretend they have friends?! :happytears:
:sparkle: this was the most fun i've ever had :sparkle:
greenergrass
stress mushroom

okay I'm only halfway through the video, but I had to stop to say... dan and phil have only rented places. Where you surely can't install or uninstall carpet. So... why have they clearly had passionate debates about carpet vs no carpet in houses (insert 'you know why' gif). alright, back to the video
liola
rankussy

The video was amazing but yeah. Carpet vs wooden floor discussion tied with the home renovation mention from last night.. they either already bought a house or are in the process. It is happening. Lots of talk of things they'd love as a real thing, obviously discussed together. This is the hill I'm choosing to die on, the 2019 buy-and-move-into-a-house one. And they're starting to leave a tiny small almost invisible gap for us to look into. I'm here I'm ready
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

liola wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:40 pm This is the hill I'm choosing to die on, the 2019 buy-and-move-into-a-house one.
Make room. Imma be sitting on that hill with you too.
japanophil
tol bean

i'm sorry to interrupt the discussion, but i've just come across
and am now feeling even more anxious after yesterday's ls. the link he gives https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7342737 says all annotations will be removed as of Jan 15, 2019, which will kill so many of phil's old videos, like the interactive ones and all the one's with lion.

do we have all these these preserved in the drug deal (which i haven't checked for ages)? does anyone with the technical knowledge know how these videos can be preserved in their original state? thanks in advance!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Had the exact same thought re: all of their talk about renovation and wood v carpet. These nerds are renovating a place for sure.

Put this video on the top of my pile of Videos-Recently-Posted-That-Are-Leading-To-A-BIG-THING. Because like could this have been ANY MORE OBVIOUS?

They’re basically out, y’all. They’re basically out.
vacule
squish

whatdoiknow wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:31 pm okay I'm only halfway through the video, but I had to stop to say... dan and phil have only rented places. Where you surely can't install or uninstall carpet. So... why have they clearly had passionate debates about carpet vs no carpet in houses (insert 'you know why' gif). alright, back to the video
Am I missing something? Surely it could be a discussion point when viewing flats to rent? I don't see why it has to be an issue only in bought houses?
pearshaped34
morning quiff

whatdoiknow wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:31 pm okay I'm only halfway through the video, but I had to stop to say... dan and phil have only rented places. Where you surely can't install or uninstall carpet. So... why have they clearly had passionate debates about carpet vs no carpet in houses (insert 'you know why' gif). alright, back to the video
You can install carpet and/or wooden floor in a rented place. I mean I suppose you have to ask but most landlords are quite happy to let you spend your money improving their house. Particularly if their flooring is not new and they'll have to replace it themselves eventually.

However as vacule says I suspect this is something that's likely came up when they are looking for houses to rent and Dan picks slick apartments and Phil is like I want carpets.
BuffyFiona
sofa crease

Gah!!! I normally am pretty neutral on the whole house decoration sims content, but this was really really lovely. And I mean yeah all the parts y'all mentioned... wow... and combined with Dan's "and they were roommates" tweet... like it's not stuff he hasn't done before, but I just feel like he's been subtly acknowledging their relationship a lot in a short span of time, so like... yeah I mean... for me it's been true for a while but they really are not hiding anymore. Sure Dan still had to waffle on justifying his spending Christmas time with the Lesters by blaming Kath's insistence on feeding him mince pies, but he did gladly share the fact that he'll be going with Phil. And you know what that is? Growth.
japanophil wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:47 pm the link he gives https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7342737 says all annotations will be removed as of Jan 15, 2019, which will kill so many of phil's old videos, like the interactive ones and all the one's with lion.

do we have all these these preserved in the drug deal (which i haven't checked for ages)? does anyone with the technical knowledge know how these videos can be preserved in their original state? thanks in advance!
I was planning on going through Phil's backlog and manually screenrecording the videos with Lion annotations, so as to preserve the text, but it would be quite difficult to preserve the interactive ones because you'd have to manually write down where every link went. I do think I read that the amazing people over at http://archive.org aka the Wayback Machine, were trying out methods for preserving some YT videos' annotations in some form.
garlic
smol bean

Ataraxia25 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:01 pm
ratlad wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:51 pm phil: they still don't have a bedside table but who needs one anyway?
dan, in a soft cute fond voice: you didn't have a bedside table in your first manchester apartment

This moment was very cute but what was Dan on about, Phil did have a bedside table in his first apartment! :( In his video "The Jellybean Centipede" at 0:32 he showed his bedroom and there was a bedside table, with drawer and everything! Did I miss something? Did he sell it before they moved to their Manchester flat? Did Dan mean that there was no bedside table on his side of the bed? I cannot believe that Dan got this detail wrong, I am missing something. Please help me out, guys
Sorry for my bad grammar
autumnhearth
senpai

Ataraxia25 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:01 pm I don't know if it's because of the context of Dilmas and dapg pausing but I LOVED it! THE ANECDOTES! I'm dead. They killed me.

quoting ratlad because you literally talked about the two things that really made me :happytears:
ratlad wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:51 pm them saying that they personally wanted to move away from their family homes and that's the reason they made dab and evan move into a bigger city??? this is. it is too much. they are seriously not holding back.
OH AT ALL.
also i loved this part:
phil: they still don't have a bedside table but who needs one anyway?

Except that he was wrong. Phil totally had a bedside table in his first apartment. But only one, on Phil’s side of the bed not Dan’s. Perhaps he remembers the inconvenience. See 33 secs in:
Really great Sims video. Everything I wanted and more. :love2:

Lol @garlic mental twins
japanophil
tol bean

that's great, BuffyFiona! thank you for the info. yes, i was also thinking that the lion ones could be screenrecorded, but the interactive ones are more complex because of the links.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

@garlic @autumnhearth You are totally right! Would that mean that he was saying that just because there wasn't a bedside table on his side of the bed ? haha

Someone just said that they were hinting a lot at their relationship in a short span of time and that's what i get from the end of this year too. It's mostly just a feeling that i was having, without really thinking about it but when I read that I went like : yeah they hinted there and there and there, etc
They have indeed been hinting a lot imo. And since i'm more on the "they are definitely moving i to their forever home in 2019" side, I guess it's logical. They gonna have to "justify" why they bought a forever home together.
Last edited by Ataraxia25 on Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:gayaf:
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

I'm such a demon but what if evan proposes to dab at the end of the sims and we get a big wink?

Anyway, I'm living for this whole past two weeks of gaming videos, but it is now bittersweet of course. They really are giving us a good sendoff though.