Dan & Phil Part 80: You're my plinth of life

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
introverconmplex
first-time poster

Hey, so on Instagram I noticed some comments under Phil's latest posts are saying things like "We're sorry this happened to Dan but we know you'll get through it."

Does anyone know what that's referring to and how they found out?
Afunnyworld
sofa crease
Pronouns: she/her

introverconmplex wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:35 am Hey, so on Instagram I noticed some comments under Phil's latest posts are saying things like "We're sorry this happened to Dan but we know you'll get through it."

I found several of these comments.
(Warning for vague mentions of serious disease)
https://imgur.com/a/GEkCaqZ

Kind of disturbing, but I believe it is some kind of a prank based on how it's the same few accounts and they all ignore the worried replies.
Ablissa
pastel persona

introverconmplex wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:35 am Hey, so on Instagram I noticed some comments under Phil's latest posts are saying things like "We're sorry this happened to Dan but we know you'll get through it."

"How they found out" - haha sorry, but no one found out anything. They are bored and trying to start drama. Since when does a random account in an insta comment mean anything at all? Plus the way those people worded them clearly shows they're just trying to scare others. What a great way to spend their time right before Christmas, when lots of people are already anxious for different reasons.

All in all, don't worry.

Edit: the screenshots @afunnyworld posted only further confirm that this is probably a childish person/group of friends? I mean look at how these comments are worded lmao. And some of them only talk to each other and have The Incredibles avatars. wooo so ~sneakyyyy~ :facepalm:
Ablissa
pastel persona

Sorry for doubleposting, but I just saw this on twitter and now this is the drama we should all get behind. This is blatant plagiarism, wow. I've never heard of this website and they have ~20 likes on fb, so they're not big. Hope nobody gives them money.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

Ablissa wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:45 am Sorry for doubleposting, but I just saw this on twitter and now this is the drama we should all get behind. This is blatant plagiarism, wow. I've never heard of this website and they have ~20 likes on fb, so they're not big. Hope nobody gives them money.
Are they fucking serious? When will Phil not get robbed of his ideas ?
I really hope it's fake or something like that. Oh it makes me angry :evil:
:gayaf:
capybantsa
glabella
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Dil Retires

Cheeky gray hair mention in the beginning of this episode, I see you :ninja:

Overall not a bad episode, had some fun and some feels. More looking forward to the next one though.

Re: Disease

I swear if they're talking about ligma...

Re: Orientation and Relationships

I completely agree with fancybum that the issues of their orientations and their relationship are separate and should be considered so. Them both being bi makes a relationship possible, but beyond that it's totally unconnected. It's not evidence of a relationship (but a relationship would be evidence of not being straight, of course).

I still strongly believe they're not hiding their orientations, at least not for some time now. I think their decision not to publicly call themselves bi is more of a political statement against heteronormativity than an attempt to hide. It's not hard to see that they're living bi even if they're not saying it.

But hiding a relationship is a totally different thing, and there are many reasons why any kind of relationship might be hidden by a public figure. Dan's brother is a good (or terrible) example...
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

The iTunes version of interaction introverts now has an Xmas message to download :festivedeppy:
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
kavat
pastel persona

:gift: :epictree: Merry Christmas to everyone celebrating today! :epictree: :gift:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

The best part of this entire exchange is that he actually did it. :rofl:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Ablissa wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:45 am Sorry for doubleposting, but I just saw this on twitter and now this is the drama we should all get behind. This is blatant plagiarism, wow. I've never heard of this website and they have ~20 likes on fb, so they're not big. Hope nobody gives them money.
Ohhhhh time for an angry Phil DM, merry Christmas to whoever receives that 😂
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
opendoor
rainbow nerd

rizzo wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:08 pm The best part of this entire exchange is that he actually did it. :rofl:
I had no idea who this was but his twitter bio says "Radio 1". Radioshowin2019pls,
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

:gayaf:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

opendoor wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:15 pm I had no idea who this was but his twitter bio says "Radio 1". Radioshowin2019pls,
He hosts the weekend breakfast show on Radio 1 - with the infamous cactus Molly.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

Ataraxia25 wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:37 pm
this sounds like such a Phil thing to say, but he told Dan to tweet it instead.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
susan2
rainbow nerd

Since I'm sure Dan's safely no longer in airports today...
pearshaped34
morning quiff

plinthofmylife wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:03 pm
opendoor wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:15 pm I had no idea who this was but his twitter bio says "Radio 1". Radioshowin2019pls,
He hosts the weekend breakfast show on Radio 1 - with the infamous cactus Molly.
He is also the creator of the Obama Llama game and speculated Dan and Phil were on a romantic trip to Paris when they went to some kind of YT convention.

Merry Christmas eve everybody :epictree: :festivedeppy:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Time zones confuse me. Does that mean he left last night or early this morning?
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I’m guessing it was this morning if the tweet was posted not too long after the photo was taken (she may have waited an hour or two?) She looks great regardless of makeup or not and he’s the cutest potato.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm just gonna assume he left this morning and that Phil's ig story was indeed from them taking one last morning walk on the beach. If I got to enjoy views like that, I'd want to soak it in.
liola
rankussy

Oh that picture is lovely Dan is positively glowing and that smile is so big and his eyes are sparkling. Looks like he had a great time :happytears: ilove the idea of them taking a last walk before dropping Dan at the airport sigh I love them
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Oh this is so fucking sweet.

(Start at around 5:32 for Dan and Phil content, though this whole kind of video is the sort of thing I enjoy watching.)
lilabet
philussy

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:36 pm Oh this is so fucking sweet.

(Start at around 5:32 for Dan and Phil content, though this whole kind of video is the sort of thing I enjoy watching.)
Here's one of her tweets about it
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
lilabet
philussy

This was a good one.
Phandom Gives
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Awwww. That was such an appropriate ending on like... every level. (Though I'm a little sad there seemed to be a glitch with Dab and Evan wherein they weren't facing each other......)

I'm glad there was a brief mention of them doing doing the wedding "properly". Makes me feel better about a return with or without the Sims. It just feels like they're planning for the future on the channel.

In general, I think I'm little less sad than most. I really do believe that whatever Dan and Phil get up to on their break, they'll come back bigger and better. And I'm really excited for that!

As for Dil? He ain't coming back. I feel like he was the last remnant of a 2016 tatinof era that needed closing. See ya never, buddy! :sobs: