Dan & Phil Part 80: You're my plinth of life

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

kavat wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:23 pm Whenever I've pre-ordered CD's they've always dispatched like 2 days after official release. Shipping from the UK also somehow takes longer to arrive to Sweden than when I order from the US. It's annoying as hell.
Whenever I pre-order stuff I usually get it the day before but 100% on the day if not. I can’t believe it hasn’t even been sent yet, just poor planning in my opinion. They can’t even be worried about an early leak given that the digital copy has been out for 2 weeks. I want to be excited about it coming out today as I was so hyped for a DVD and now I’m just a bit disappointed that people have got theirs from amazon/HMV yet their official store is so behind.

Edit:
Also I’m running behind on the last thread and because I’m soppy af today
alittledizzy wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:14 pm 526 people (7%) of those who took the survey have started an online relationship through phandom.
If I was taking the survey again now then this would be 527 people starting a relationship through the phandom 😍 haha! I hope I can still tick that box next year ❤️
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

The Dan and Phil Shop website says that pre-orders of Interactive Introverts ship from December 10. As such, I was expecting this to be the earliest day that they would start shipping. Personally, as long as my copy arrives before I go home for Christmas next Friday, I'll be happy. My sweatshirt and Christmas card and other merch took six days to arrive after the shipping label was created, so I have at least a few days before I have to start worrying...

While I'm on the topic, the "other merch" that I got was a "Have the courage to exist" bracelet, which I really like! One thing, though, is that I am barely able to get the bracelet over the broadest part of my hand. I think my hands are not quite as big as Dan's, so I'll be interested to see if we ever see him wearing one.
knq wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:24 am I’m guessing in 2015 ‘prefer not to label’ wasn’t an option on the survey?
Yes, that's correct. I'm glad people are enjoying the analysis! :D
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

just like @itasca00, ill be happy if my dvd arrives before i go home for christmas on the 18th but since my copy is from the dan and phil shop, i feel like it's gonna take some time. i have a feeling.
:gayaf:
liola
rankussy

Not being sure to get it before I left for Christmas is the main reason as to why I didn't get the dvd (besides not having a DVD player but that could've been override). And the Amazon copy is a whopping 35€ to get it for who knows what kinda reason. And the digital copy is still unavailable in Italy...

I'm not salty about it, I don't know what you're talking about. For how much I roll my eyes at YouTube red at least that was actually global 🙄
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

missemma wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:43 pm Happy II release day, let’s hope they talk about it in the live show and then maybe apologise for the fact that people (like me) who have ordered it from their official shop haven’t even had a dispatch email yet! Not that I’m bitter about it (not much).
This was the same way with their books, right? I seem to remember there being precedent for this, some people ordered from the dap store to get the bookmarks or whatever they were using to incentivize and those people didn't get theirs shipped until release day.

Same with the digital release - it's very unfortunate but the tabinof audiobook definitely had the same issue, "worldwide" release being only to a few main countries and it was weeks/months before it showed up in the store for other countries.

I still think that it's an issue of Dan and Phil having really no control over how things are dispatched/released (that'd be down to the publisher, with the books years ago, or BBC with the DVD/digital release). The thing they need to work on is not advertising things a certain way if in reality they don't have an absolute guarantee of how the release will work. They would definitely have sold less their their own store if they'd said "You get pins! But fyi we don't ship early, and Amazon does!" but at least they wouldn't have to face a backlash.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Plot twist: DanAndPhilShop is buying the DVDs from Amazon as well!

(I just hope they wait with the viewing party)
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Speaking of buying Dan and Phil merch.... from anywhere, but Dan and Phil...

If anyone's looking to get Truth Bombs in the US, Barnes & Noble has it on sale right now. Plus, there's 20% off with code "SNOWFALL" for Green Monday (whatever tf that is). And, if you don't wanna spend $25 for free shipping, you can pick it up in store... So that's under $12 for the game!

I don't work for B&N, I promise. Just thought some of you may find this handy for the holidays! :gift: :epictree:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:29 pm
missemma wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:43 pm Happy II release day, let’s hope they talk about it in the live show and then maybe apologise for the fact that people (like me) who have ordered it from their official shop haven’t even had a dispatch email yet! Not that I’m bitter about it (not much).
This was the same way with their books, right? I seem to remember there being precedent for this, some people ordered from the dap store to get the bookmarks or whatever they were using to incentivize and those people didn't get theirs shipped until release day.

Same with the digital release - it's very unfortunate but the tabinof audiobook definitely had the same issue, "worldwide" release being only to a few main countries and it was weeks/months before it showed up in the store for other countries.

I still think that it's an issue of Dan and Phil having really no control over how things are dispatched/released (that'd be down to the publisher, with the books years ago, or BBC with the DVD/digital release). The thing they need to work on is not advertising things a certain way if in reality they don't have an absolute guarantee of how the release will work. They would definitely have sold less their their own store if they'd said "You get pins! But fyi we don't ship early, and Amazon does!" but at least they wouldn't have to face a backlash.
I don’t usually order from their site when it comes to on the day releases because it’s usually cheaper somewhere else but I decided to because of the limited edition goodies. I know it’s not the end of the world and I’m complaining for nothing really but I do agree with you that they could just say about the shipping being on the day, it wouldn’t be too hard to tweet about it or acknowledge it. I do agree it’s probably out of their control but they should take more interest when they’re dealing with large orders and ultimately my money 😂
sparkle
blobfish

https://www.hmv.com/video/dan-and-phil- ... -interview

Just found this while I was looking at things my mum could get me for Christmas!
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
glitterintheair
phillluminati

liola wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:17 pm Not being sure to get it before I left for Christmas is the main reason as to why I didn't get the dvd (besides not having a DVD player but that could've been override). And the Amazon copy is a whopping 35€ to get it for who knows what kinda reason. And the digital copy is still unavailable in Italy...

I'm not salty about it, I don't know what you're talking about. For how much I roll my eyes at YouTube red at least that was actually global 🙄
I don't know if it can be any help but if you get the Amazon UK version now, it should be arriving next week(that was what they said to me, at least. They dispatched the DVD on Saturday, so I'm hoping there won't be any delay, especially 'cause the order isn't trackable).
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I emailed the DnP shop about shipping and they just replied. Apparently there’s now been an unforeseen delay and it’ll be shipped on 18th :shrug:
Ablissa
pastel persona

flarequake wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:16 pm I emailed the DnP shop about shipping and they just replied. Apparently there’s now been an unforeseen delay and it’ll be shipped on 18th :shrug:
Whattttt??? Is that for everyone?
It usually takes like 2-3 weeks for me to get things from their shop. Add to that the usual Christmas post office delays, I'll get it in February... :cry:
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

flarequake wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:16 pm I emailed the DnP shop about shipping and they just replied. Apparently there’s now been an unforeseen delay and it’ll be shipped on 18th :shrug:
well bye bye dream of having the dvd before i leave for christmas..... oh god i hate this
:gayaf:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Yeesh. I was prepared to defend the day-of shipping because I think it's reasonable for a business with under ten employees to not be able to complete with the advance times of Amazon - I mean, Amazon can (under)pay a warehouse of employees and force them to work weekends and twelve hour days to ensure their stuff is packaged and ready to ship on release day. Presumably Dan and Phil don't overwork their small number of employees like that and so I'm understanding of some things just taking longer.

But I got nothin' on that kind of delay. That's over a week! I really hope Dan and Phil do offer an explanation for this. Or offer refunds. (I don't particularly care about the dvd and mostly just wanted the pins, so I won't be canceling mine. But I don't blame people who were excited to watch it if they do.)
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Thanks for letting us know, shame that the store or D&P themselves couldn’t send an email or a tweet to tell people 🙄
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Yeah, I was surprised we hadn’t heard on Twitter or just been emailed by the shop. I guess if that’s the case for the UK, other countries are probably affected too. I don’t know who or where they get them supplied from, I think it’s a problem there rather than the shop staff. Might still be fine for the US and Aus shops, though. Hopefully the guys know and can say something in the liveshow.

A few people on Twitter have theirs, so It looks like Amazon and HMV are fine.

On a better note, the HMV interview’s good. Phil’s highlight of the tour made me laugh.
liola
rankussy

glitterintheair wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:06 pm
liola wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:17 pm Not being sure to get it before I left for Christmas is the main reason as to why I didn't get the dvd (besides not having a DVD player but that could've been override). And the Amazon copy is a whopping 35€ to get it for who knows what kinda reason. And the digital copy is still unavailable in Italy...

I don't know if it can be any help but if you get the Amazon UK version now, it should be arriving next week(that was what they said to me, at least. They dispatched the DVD on Saturday, so I'm hoping there won't be any delay, especially 'cause the order isn't trackable).
I'm leaving next week which is what the estimated delivery was anyway so it's still not the best. The reality is that this is a shit timing to ship stuff internationally because there's so much deliveries going around. I'd rather at this point just wait after the holidays if I still want it. I don't get the point of having a digital copy if it's not available to people sigh

Again I know the distribution issue is not their fault but dammit they're the one promoting the DVD, it's their own product and they really should be communicating with their customers :/
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

missemma wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:27 pm
Thanks for letting us know, shame that the store or D&P themselves couldn’t send an email or a tweet to tell people 🙄
Ugh that sucks. I was really excited to get the DVD this week. I should have just bought it on Amazon because all I really wanted was the directors commentary. Curse my anxiety induced impulse buy of the limited edition version on the DnP website. I wonder how they’re going to address this in the live show today. (Of course I’m at work so I won’t get to hear about it until later)
animad
squish

that really sucks :x , since the amazon and hmv dvds are already arriving (i've just been to collect my amazon one, i thought the extras weren't included for a second but they were just inside the case lol, not that i can watch it yet because the cd drive for my laptop still hasn't arrived :roll: ) it makes me think maybe it was a delay in manufacturing the pins? idk :shrug: but i hope they say something. i'm only really looking forward to the commentary anyway

that hmv interview amused me. i love (or don't?) how standard their answers are to the same questions
The entire show is about that, but who are the people? Are they all the same? What do they want? Why do they want it? Is it even a good idea to give it to them?
isn't that basically word for word what dan said in the mukbang video, i wonder if they had just done that interview when they filmed that

also i like phil acknowledging how 'insanely over the top' tatinof was

what are they going to be going in 2019?
Phil: Dan’s gonna be like an angry bear deep in a cave that you should only approach with a sharp stick :rofl: same dan.
Dan: Everyone knows we both like to try new things whether it’s Radio, writing or even game designing so I think each of us will look within and see what we’re tingling for next

do i feel a tingle for some solo projects? :please: not that i don't like your joint projects but still
also it interests me what exactly dan considers writing in this context, and also that he categorises it as such

have you started planning your next live tour?
Dan: Yes in 2019, I’m going to do a tour of a remote mountain top that I will fly to and live in solitude

that answer made me titter.
again, i feel that, dan. i feel that a lot.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Dan and Phil not properly communicating with fans about an issue that affects them? Some things really never change huh. It's not their fault because shit happens and December is a tricky time to release anything with it being so close to holidays, but that doesn't mean they can't do better by announcing these things properly.
sparkle wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:57 pm https://www.hmv.com/video/dan-and-phil- ... -interview

Just found this while I was looking at things my mum could get me for Christmas!
What is with these two and mentioning earth destroying meteors whenever they talk about their books or shows? :')

Also Dan is gonna move to a remote mountain and sleep next year, so next dinof video is planned for 2020 I guess.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
flarequake
not an airport stalker

This is funny
Gotta love being famous, I wish I could get a free game and potato plushie even if they've only noticed me by stepping on their toes :roll: At Sitc they had a van on their booth with the windscreen stuffed full of plushie potatoes, I’d have bought one if they were selling.
knq
lava lamp

Dan: "The entire show is about that, but who are the people? Are they all the same? What do they want? Why do they want it? Is it even a good idea to give it to them? All about the relationship between artists/creators and the audiences that violently consume them."

I feel I’m being included in some sort of vore/cannabilism fantasy I did not consent to.

The interview sounds a little weird to me, like the interviews you see in teen magazines where they quote dan saying WOWZA! Maybe that’s just how they write through email as opposed to tweets though.

Dan and Phil shop has always said in big red capslock that the dvd ships from the 10th, so that isn’t a surprise, but the fact that they haven’t moved ordering out of the ‘pre-order’ shop and might be delayed now is disappointing! I didn’t order from there but I wanted to see it go smoothly.

Edit: the truth bombs tweet is such a weird passive aggressive thing for a company to do. Dan and Phil’s colleagues get 0 stars on professionalism from me today.
George
sad dimple

animad wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:17 pm do i feel a tingle for some solo projects? :please: not that i don't like your joint projects but still
also it interests me what exactly dan considers writing in this context, and also that he categorises it as such
I got the same tingle, but it made me wonder how they're going to handle venturing into solo projects when lately almost everything has been joint content. New dinofs only when Dan has a spon to make? More solo liveshows? Amazingphil sponning Dan's projects? :hmmm:

And about the movie... Didn't they hurry the editing to get it out before Christmas? If it ships only a week before, no one is getting it as a Christmas present (well, maybe if they're lucky and it was ordered from Amazon.) All that hurry just seems pointless now. Not to mention 2/3 of the world can't watch the online version (well, I did see a Tumblr post how you can possibly circle around country restrictions on Amazon, so if anyone is interested trying dodgy tricks, I guess it can be done.) Didn't go that smoothly....
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I don’t think their answers in the interview gave any real insight into their future plans because they gave the same answer right after tatinof. It will be interesting to see what happens but I feel like Dan likes to phrase his answers in a way that don’t commit him to anything and in doing so it makes things seem more ambiguous than they need to be.

I’d be happy for a year like 2017 but if they want to travel and relax next year I’m fine with that but I do hope they at least keep the gaming channel going
citizen_erased
truth bomb

wasn't there supposed to be a liveshow about now? did I miss something? also on their website it still says the dvds are up for pre-order and shipping from december 10, so I guess no one's updating that either.

just another day of waiting for dan and phil to get their shit together, I guess? :shrug: