Dan & Phil Part 81: Now what?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

DryCereal wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:42 pm I will accept theory in the form of reunion smut fic, just fyi... :ribena:
:ribena: cheers to this (chef's kiss)
"you are next to me in my life"
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:17 pm
DryCereal wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:42 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:28 pm I have a hunch that this is a day delayed...
expand pls. i mean, i know it's delayed, it's been dark for flippin' HOURS here, but... I will accept theory in the form of reunion smut fic, just fyi... :ribena:
I am pretty sure Martyn posted about flying home yesterday, combined with Dan and Phil's silence yesterday... makes me think they just took a recovery day for themselves!
agree! obv phil and martyn will fly back at the same time. yay!

on another note, i miss dnp.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
mintsans
sofa crease

I like how when D&P are inactive the fandom thrives and gets together to create our own entertainment (i've read SO MANY amazing new fic from the recent fest!)... but I also miss them so much already!! :happytears: :happytears: :happytears:

Hopefully the keep up with the insta stories :festivedeppy:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Oh. Can we like. Not do that.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

That was me that replied to Anthony and although I wish he decided to just skip the whole idea if he goes ahead with it I really hope he keeps his word. I don’t know how he can avoid non-phannies mocking the fandom but if he thinks dnp are okay with it then wyd
starwatersong
phabergé

That makes me feel very nervous (the Anthony interview thing). Hopefully he also checks with D&P before doing anything.

Things I wish we had a liveshow to update about Dan and Phil...
1. Christmas presents
2. Did they hear about RuPaul’s London Drag Race? Opinions?
3. Did Phil try the Switch version of Katamari?
4. Did they play/watch Bandersnatch yet?
5. The Lion King musical.

Anyone else?
vacule
squish

Nah pretty sure Anthony wouldn't do it without asking Dan and Phil if they were OK with that out of courtesy, and I can't see Dan and Phil allowing anyone to mock their fans or patronise their fanbase as they much prefer to do it themselves I kid I kid don't crucify me
hello9217
flower crown

Does Anthony even know what being a demon is? Like why would he respond to that tweet in the first place? Hopefully he'll just forget about it or he'll ask dnp and they will say it makes them uncomfortable. It's also a really weird idea for a video, to interview someone else's fanbase. Just no.
Ablissa
pastel persona

I'm sure Anthony isn't stupid and won't post anything dnp related without asking them first. But I just hate when their less successful friends use them for views, and if he does film something, he will be doing exactly that.

Also... maybe controversial, but I feel like the portrayal of a typical "phannie" will always be skewed when it's done by someone not in the phandom, and I'd hate that too.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

my mind is going places, dark places, to where this potential video will be...
i doubt it'll happen, but GOD..... what would the interview even be? questioning people about why they enjoy something?
i know he's just trying to use their name for views and get on the phandom's "good side"
but like. why.

pls don't let it happen...,,,
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

This is almost as bad as those people who wanted Shane to do a 'documentary' on Dan and Phil.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
dc34
glabella

OMG anthony no!!!!

i dont want anyone doing a video on the phandom bc its never going to truly represent us. It took dnp going on tour for them to see us as a diverse group.

i hope he doesn't go through with it. I may not know deppy, but I feel like that's one thing that would turn them off from having someone as a friend.

thank you @Amiaw for trying to talk him out of it
daichii
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she | her

I had to login just to say hell no to Anthony's idea, specially considering how badly he used to react to the ianthony shippers a few years ago. I mean the phandom as a majority has grown up a lot imo and for me he is in no way the person that can best capture who d&p 2018 fans are from whichever concept he may have of shippers, which I don't think has changed that much from his smosh days even if I don't follow his content anymore.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Anthony has really been testing my patience over the last year and....ugh no. God no. I'm also always over people tweeting at or just heavily petitioning ideas for other youtubers/different media dipping into the fandom. It's gross and just makes me long for the fourth wall even more. I think even aside from dnp recognizing us as a diverse group of people, and maybe just generally not wanting people--especially those they consider friendly peers--to fuck about with their audience, they (i.e: Dan) have been vocal in the past about not liking when people use them to get more views/popularity/money (though, all of those are pretty connected anyway). I very much hope Anthony isn't being serious though. I know a little while back he liked some tweets about that fake baby thing to fuck with people, so while I'm grinding my teeth in annoyance at him, I'm gonna put myself in camp "he's joking and likes to fuck with people because he thinks he's ~so funny~"
fizzymcguire
tol bean
Pronouns: she/they

Ablissa wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:13 am I'm sure Anthony isn't stupid and won't post anything dnp related without asking them first. But I just hate when their less successful friends use them for views, and if he does film something, he will be doing exactly that.

Also... maybe controversial, but I feel like the portrayal of a typical "phannie" will always be skewed when it's done by someone not in the phandom, and I'd hate that too.
which was exactly why i volunteered oof. everyone makes awful assumptions about us and i'd love to show him the statistics of who the phandom is actually made up of, regardless if i know it won't make it into the final cut.
obsessivelymoody wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:42 am Anthony has really been testing my patience over the last year and....ugh no. God no. I'm also always over people tweeting at or just heavily petitioning ideas for other youtubers/different media dipping into the fandom. It's gross and just makes me long for the fourth wall even more. I think even aside from dnp recognizing us as a diverse group of people, and maybe just generally not wanting people--especially those they consider friendly peers--to fuck about with their audience, they (i.e: Dan) have been vocal in the past about not liking when people use them to get more views/popularity/money (though, all of those are pretty connected anyway). I very much hope Anthony isn't being serious though. I know a little while back he liked some tweets about that fake baby thing to fuck with people, so while I'm grinding my teeth in annoyance at him, I'm gonna put myself in camp "he's joking and likes to fuck with people because he thinks he's ~so funny~"
yeah he's not....a good person. i mean ok i can't make that judgement, but i really don't like the things he does.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

Should we just send him this year's survey?

Ugh i don't like that. At all. What's interesting in making that kind of video if it's not for mocking the people interviewed? Ugh.
:gayaf:
intoapuddle
spork

seems like he's dropped the idea and i appreciate that. it does surprise me that he doesn't understand how/why it's a rather sensitive thing to even consider.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

It might actually be worth having a paragraph ready to send/tweet to people who come up with that kind of idea, assuming they see a tweet and care to listen. Any of us can reply to their tweets, though, just had the thought that the forum team could put together a “please don’t exploit or take the mick out of us, here’s reasons why”. I’m glad he’s dropped it if he was seriously thinking of it. In theory someone could do some decent interviews and present us well, but even Dan and Phil only managed a few soundbites for their trailer, whether that’s down to time, logistics or how much input they wanted, who knows what another youtuber would do.
nurikii
not a first-time poster

I think Anthony will go to the route about his irrelevancy again. Maybe he will ask why we are so dedicated to dnp and how he can get such long lasting fanbase. 🙄

And I agree that people have certain assumptions about us as a phandom and I think Anthony's interview (if that) might worsen that assumptions because it all depends of those three or four people's answers.

and ofc he thinks we will all watch that video, after all it's about us right. easy views. 🙄
fizzymcguire
tol bean
Pronouns: she/they

one of those times where its better to go away quietly and keep whats left of your reputation and creative integrity i think
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Nice to see that he was thinking about it still, hours later :roll: At least he's dropped it.

Anyway, I do hope deppy breathe a bit more today. I know new years is a quieter time for them (especially if they're just staying in together) but Dan will at least tweet his albums of the year. A cute insta story would just be nice to quench my thirst.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Wow, he stepped back hard. I'm guessing he realized the backlash wasn't worth it.
I skimmed the replies and half were "don't, it'll make us look bad" while the other half were "INTERVIEW ME" or asking him to fly them/their group chat out to LA.

My first reaction to seeing it yesterday wasn't even to think of the phandom's reputation but more how uncomfortable it would be for Anthony to try and do a video about fans of Dan and Phil because whether the people being interviewed were interested in Dan and Phil's relationship or not, it's an unavoidable topic when discussing Dan and Phil's fanbase. I mean an entire interview about 'the fandom' that didn't reference the relationship at all would immediately cease to be representative of the phandom as a whole.

But I'm not sad we won't get the chance to see how that goes down.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

obsessivelymoody wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:56 pm [...] A cute insta story would just be nice to quench my thirst.
Is this what you wanted? :shock: I am not sure if this is better or worse than the beard one. edit: his neck looks quite stubbly? maybe the beard rebrand is coming!
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

LtrllySusan wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:54 pm
obsessivelymoody wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:56 pm [...] A cute insta story would just be nice to quench my thirst.
Is this what you wanted? :shock: I am not sure if this is better or worse than the beard one.
edit: his neck looks quite stubbly? maybe the beard rebrand is coming!
It is not what I wanted. At all. Phil mocks me. But tbh I think it's better than the beard filter. And I'll take it anyway, even though it was probably taken on the same day as the beard one and he never posted it then. I...want something more though lol
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

Cool cool cool.. not like we haven’t seen his actual unfiltered face in over a week and I haven’t been waiting patiently to look at him. He’s even in glasses...but no we get thumb content. WHY IS THAT A THING

Phil, please redeem yourself with a NYE selfie (preferably suit/glasses/quiff combo because we STILL HAVENT SEEN THAT). Let’s ring in the new year right :please: