Dan & Phil Part 81: Now what?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Apparently Phils using a default header. It’ll be interesting to see if he has a custom one when he uploads or if he uses the video to rebrand and then asks for one.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I love the colours of the light on the piano, beautiful. He is too, but we knew that.

Phil’s new header is so pretty and evocative, and a temporary stock choice until someone makes him a better one, I think. With the updated photo too it all looks very mature, that photo especially is a very confident smile and pose. Really hoping he uploads today, we’ll have waited two whole days since last seeing them and more since he asked for background input.

I’m on team hoping liveshows continue, but not the most confident. Dan’s were some of my favourite times, he always seemed younger and softer in them, maybe cos of how much more open he is.
kavat
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

I agree with flarequake, the new layout looks a lot more mature. Now all we need is for him to change the display name from AmazingPhil to Phil Lester...
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

It's strange that we don't know at all what's coming.
Correct me if I'm wrong or forget anything, but the last major changes/announcements were things we saw coming:

- Moving (hints)
- TruthBombs (some stores sold it early)
- II tour (New company registration + didn't a venue post the info early?)
- Dan rebrand (hints)

But now it's like: PINOF dead? DINOF? Moving? Live shows? DAPG hiatus?

Side note: I don't think he's rebranding to Phil Lester since he chose a new AmazingPhil twitter banner yesterday. He could have gone with something neutral if he wanted to change his display name soon.
opendoor
rainbow nerd

LtrllySusan wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:06 am It's strange that we don't know at all what's coming.
Correct me if I'm wrong or forget anything, but the last major changes/announcements were things we saw coming:

- Moving (hints)
- TruthBombs (some stores sold it early)
- II tour (New company registration + didn't a venue post the info early?)
- Dan rebrand (hints)

But now it's like: PINOF dead? DINOF? Moving? Live shows? DAPG hiatus?

Side note: I don't think he's rebranding to Phil Lester since he chose a new AmazingPhil twitter banner yesterday. He could have gone with something neutral if he wanted to change his display name soon.
Yeah, god knows what's gonna happen, the thread title is very appropriate.

I don't really care if Phil changes his youtube display name. Honestly I think the name reflects the vibe of the channel well. He doesn't have the same problem as Dan where he wants to get taken seriously 'bout political stuff, and his real name is clearly on his twitter. The name AmazingPhil doesn't have the pronunciation issues of danisnotonfire too.
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.
noodlebum
flower crown

Hi new twitter header is so cute, love it
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I hope he keeps AmazingPhil, I’d be sad to see it go, though no probs if he wanted to.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

opendoor wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:54 am (S/n does anyone remember rize lol).
we don't speak that name in this house
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

sonicgreen wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:12 pm
opendoor wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:54 am (S/n does anyone remember rize lol).
we don't speak that name in this house
Rize? Who??

Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
flarequake
not an airport stalker

It’s a shame they never painted the winner’s profile picture, that would have been hilarious. I just wanted the sunglasses tbh. Gotta love a company that all but boils your phone and reneges on its promises.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

This is verging on off topic but honestly I'd love to know what went down with the end of Rize for younow, essentially the same company, to not fulfill those promises? Was the whole Rize branch just unceremoniously dumped? Were they that much in the hole that the cost of sunglasses production was too much for them? That was such a messy thing overall, lining up a whole bunch of people with decent fanbases to spon a product not even usable when they made that first big push to get people on it. Sponsoring the tour couldn't have been cheap, either.

As far as Phil removing links - so far I'm not worried about anything. If it had been that long since he'd had any kind of general link update, it just sounds like he's tidying up a bit. The second channel link removal doesn't worry me since if you look directly to the side of that it's still listed right there, I think he just didn't view it as being so important it required two links on the page. Removing younow could be a sign of backing away from liveshows or just a sign that because the liveshows aren't weekly scheduled events anymore there's really no point in advertising them somewhere static. There's a pretty small likelihood that someone is looking at his twitter bio and randomly clicks at just the right time, and younow doesn't store the liveshows to watch back later. I think he's okay only advertising that to twitter, where people can see it in real time.
amberblogslife
squish

Hi! slightly off topic (or not, if you're dying on the 2019 forever home hill) but I was wondering if we have a thread somewhere talking about the 2 apartments theory/ basically confirmed thing?
Just trying to fill the hiatus with deepdiving here
Constantly in an existential crisis.
Marika
phillion/danosaur <//3

I just got recommended this video on YouTube:

(Hope the Link works)

I don’t know how much of what these people say is true for Dan and/or Phil but I think at least a few similar thoughts must‘ve crossed their minds. I can especially see Dan in some aspects, since he took (and is still taking) a long break from YouTube and seems to be unsure about how to go on.
II and giving the people what they want in general matches a lot of experiences described in the video.
The part with Bobby related to them the most, I think.

I can’t properly express what I think about this video but I‘d be happy to read your thoughts!

(When I read that title and saw it was from BBC I immediately thought of D&P and almost expected them to be part of it. :) )
(And sorry if this is one more slightly off topic post, I‘m just really curious. :? Feel free to answer later!)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

amberblogslife wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:13 pm Hi! slightly off topic (or not, if you're dying on the 2019 forever home hill) but I was wondering if we have a thread somewhere talking about the 2 apartments theory/ basically confirmed thing?
Just trying to fill the hiatus with deepdiving here
There is no thread for it. But you are welcome to discuss it here in the main thread, as long as it remains discussion and no one actually posts the outright confirmation. Anything revealing specifically where Dan and Phil live would be a rule violation.

(Also, this is the thread for Dan and Phil discussion! Nothing is off topic here if it's about Dan and Phil. I only said the first paragraph of my post was off topic because it was about Rize as a company, not them.)
Secretstanner
truth bomb

Can someone explain to me about the tweet Tyler made a whole ago, I can’t rememeber the actual tweet but something to do with wild day out in London. What does this have to do with dan and Phil? Since he tweeted it and still now I see a lot around that tweet but what made everyone assume it is to do with dan or Phil? I don’t understand the hype because I see a lot of people relate it to their forever home and I just don’t make any connection... could someone fill me in if they know. I don’t think of Tyler as a close friend to them that this could to do with anything personal, I think it’s a bit of a reach connecting it to their forever home. But if anyone could say a bit more so I understand I’d appreciate it
glitterintheair
phillluminati

@Secretstanner i don't understand it either, tbh. Mostly because I don't see why Tyler would be involved in any of dnp's personal things. I guess people saw TYLER OAKLEY + LONDON + 2019 and immediately linked it to dnp, but there's no actual reason for it.

For anyone curious this is the tweet:
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
FlegmaticSimon
drama llama

About that tweet from Tyler, I think some fans had a theory that he had filmed something with Dan and Phil, but there is no basis for that. After all, London's a very big place, so it could be anything. Then, the fans linked that to the hiatus because it seemed to be a big project (which would apparently take time, hence the break). But as I've said, there's no evidence. It's a conjecture, but I guess we'll have to wait until spring to know what it was… ;)
knq
lava lamp

Is the "forever home" idea based on stuff Dan and Phil have said themselves? I know the wording came from the moving liveshow where Dan responded to viewers congratulating them by saying "I mean, this isn't a forever home," but did the phandom just take the phrase and run with it?

ngl it sounds like a creepy euphemism for a grave :shock:
kavat
pastel persona

glitterintheair wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:26 pm @Secretstanner i don't understand it either, tbh. Mostly because I don't see why Tyler would be involved in any of dnp's personal things. I guess people saw TYLER OAKLEY + LONDON + 2019 and immediately linked it to dnp, but there's no actual reason for it.

For anyone curious this is the tweet:
He mentions it very vaguely in his 100 things we did in 2018, he literally just says that he filmed something super secret that will be reveled in spring 2019. I also don't think it has anything to do with dnp, people just see London and connect it with them. There is nothing else that points to it having anything to do with them.
autumnhearth
senpai

knq wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:50 pm Is the "forever home" idea based on stuff Dan and Phil have said themselves? I know the wording came from the moving liveshow where Dan responded to viewers congratulating them by saying "I mean, this isn't a forever home," but did the phandom just take the phrase and run with it?

Yep, that’s exactly what happened.
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

autumnhearth wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:18 pm
knq wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:50 pm Is the "forever home" idea based on stuff Dan and Phil have said themselves? I know the wording came from the moving liveshow where Dan responded to viewers congratulating them by saying "I mean, this isn't a forever home," but did the phandom just take the phrase and run with it?

Yep, that’s exactly what happened.
I think besides the "forever home" wording, people also refer back to the ls where Dan said they'll get a dog "when a house is bought." In terms of the implication that they intend to, at some point, buy a house together.
liola
rankussy

I can't believe Phil hasn't uploaded. Like, I know it hasn't been that long but he usually films and posts so quickly I'm starving for content
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

Phil changed his YT header again......mr amazing please
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I like the new header, though it’s not any kind of change we might have been expecting. Also now doesn’t really match the new icon, the header’s so much cuter. Still, it’s a drop to feed our curiosity I suppose, tell us he’s keeping the AP name, probably (unless he’s just testing how things look, who knows what he’s up to, I find it hard not to be a little suspicious after so many surprises).
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I don't think I have ever been so in agony because of a Phil's video. Can he pleeeease upload already? Or tell us that he filmed it, at least? Like.. can he give us something? I'm losing my mind.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.