Dan & Phil Part 81: Now what?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I think he’s just referring to training montages like in one of the Rocky movies. Cute headband. I like the background colours and that shifting effect.
George
sad dimple

Well, Phil said he was going to film his video last week, why is everyone expecting him to upload it two days later? It's Tuesday. I get this hiatus has been long and makes us impatient, but Phil hasn't break any of his promises.

Also, why is everyone talking about Phil's rebrand? What did I miss? There's a rebrand? He changed his hair and header, but at no point has he said he wants to rebrand the way Dan did (and even that wasn't a proper rebrand, but that's a different discussion). For me the changes Phil has made had been natural, yes his content might grow with him, but that doesn't mean he is going to make some kind of a big announcement about the future of his channel, or whatever people are expecting.

I guess I'm grumpy today.
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

George wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:41 pm Well, Phil said he was going to film his video last week, why is everyone expecting him to upload it two days later? It's Tuesday. I get this hiatus has been long and makes us impatient, but Phil hasn't break any of his promises.
It's just how Phil has trained us. Historically when he tells us that he's working on a video it's because the video is coming in a matter of days, not weeks. Phil also doesn't have more than a 3-4 day turnaround most of the time. He just doesn't usually start getting us excited and then there's nothing for eight days. In fact, Phil is the person most skittish about that between the two of them - he's hesitant to mention anything until he knows it's about to happen. That means when he does we generally trust that we won't be waiting too long. So it's less about broken promises (because you're right, he didn't promise anything) so much as people being confused because this isn't how Phil normally operates.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I think everyone is just anxious because we have no ideas about what they are up to. Last year we were frustrated but we knew they were probably busy with the tour prep and that we would be getting a video on one of their channels but this year the only thing that we know for sure are that there is not going to be a gaming video. We've all pretty much accepted that if/when we get a Dan video it'll be nice but it's not something we are counting on anytime soon so Phil is our only hope for content right now.

I just wish they'd give us a small update. They can continue to be vague and mysterious but something along the lines of "we are taking our time with content and want to relax more" or "we've got projects planned for the new year" would be lovely.
FlegmaticSimon
drama llama

Well, would you look at that… I leave for a day and Phil has already changed his profile picture. Again. :D
It's the first time I'm living an important moment in the Phandom! I'm a bit excited. Hoping for a video this week! ;)
knq
lava lamp

I like the white dots better than the transparent dots. :tu:

I don't really think Phil is teasing on purpose, though I'm open to being proven wrong about that. He was being a perfectionist about his merch shop before it dropped, I remember him and Dan discussing that in Rize shows, and this seems like a similar thing. He hadn't changed his YouTube page in ages and now that he's had to maybe he feels a bit at sea as far as what he wants it to be like. It may not even be related to the video he's filming; that could be held up for entirely different reasons.

As for Dan I definitely think the 'montage' refers to the bit in a movie where you fast-forward through a bunch of exercise/character development to reach the shiny and newly hench character 2 minutes later. I have weirdly mixed feelings about seeing him outside and running. I want to know he's with Phil or a personal trainer or just that he knows to stay hydrated and strive for balance and moderation? After seeing a few of his brother's stories that touch on the runner's high and how much running he does I'd kind of like to see Dan do... anything else. I have weird concerned feelings about seeing Howells running now. Which are entirely subjective and based on my personal judgments, I should add. But they're still there and I still feel them.

I like seeing 'the void' header on Dan's twitter profile. I wonder where he intends to put the void sign he wants to film in front of? I never really paid attention to how large it was. Would it even fit in his previous filming space? Do they even rent that apartment anymore? So much to learn!
BuffyFiona
sofa crease

Dear Phil, here I lie in the ER, hooked up to an IV, waiting for my CT scan results to tell me I have a kidney stone, I've been here in pain for hours. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE UPLOAD SO YOU CAN DISTRACT ME!!!!!! I'M BEGGING YOU!!!!!!!!! Love, Fiona

Hope y'all are doing better than me today, lol. I wasn't *that* desperate for him to upload, but now I'm in need :( and that second banner change in a row was just cruel
Ablissa
pastel persona

@BuffyFiona oh noooo!!! :( I'm sending you healing vibes!! I hope everything will turn out okay. Now Phil seriously NEEDS TO upload to make you feel a bit better <3 :hugrb:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

me @ phil:

FlegmaticSimon
drama llama

I wonder what the topic of his new video is going to be… Any ideas? I'd love to see another "things I regret buying". They're so fun to watch!
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

JUST?

Well here goes another week I guess
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

LtrllySusan wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:55 pm JUST?

Now I'm really curious what he's going with because that still looks like the dresser that was in the AmazingPhil room? So if he's keeping that, but getting rid of the bed, how is that going to work? Edit quickly Phil! :frantictyping:
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
FlegmaticSimon
drama llama

LtrllySusan wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:55 pm JUST?

I'm even more excited now :lol: That picture looks very interesting. It gives me "pastel edits" vibes. Looking forward to the final product! :D
hello9217
flower crown

I'm guessing Thursday. Also that doesn’t look like his dresser, it seems to be a lighter wood. (Although 100% could just be the filter.) if it’s same room with bed removed then my guess is phil won’t talk about it other than saying he wanted a change. But I’m going to guess it’s just a different room in their house
liola
rankussy

I can't fucking BELIEVE like. Phil. Phil. If after all of this it's a haul about the things of his new background i will personally sue Phil Lester
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

wow. Never thought i could feel so disappointed but here we are. Though, i'm not fair tonight, I'm sad and grumpy.
Anyway, at least we know it's filmed now.
:gayaf:
FlegmaticSimon
drama llama

liola wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:04 pm I can't fucking BELIEVE like. Phil. Phil. If after all of this it's a haul about the things of his new background i will personally sue Phil Lester
Oh no, that would be awful! :lol: I hope it's not the case. He knows better!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

rizzo wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:52 pm me @ phil:

Ngl, me too at this point. I’m glad it’s not tonight just so I can try to get back into a good frame of mind for it, the misdirection of supposedly filming last week might not have been intentional, but I’m still a bit :sideeye: would it hurt to let us know he was delayed for some reason, it’s just one video by one yter, but still, fricking master of silence.

Anyway, the psychedelic rainbow filter is cute, chest of drawers and plant give nothing away except that it basically looks the same as before, so we’ll wait and see what more might be going on there. If the entire video was full of psychedelic rainbow effects, that would be something. The audio backgrounds of my Paul McKenna hypnotherapy CDs sound the way that looks (sounds weird, but makes it extra relaxing).
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I want to eat that houseplant in the ig story out of frustration. He just filmed. He. Just. Filmed. What the hell?! Why did he say he was gonna film last week, then? Does that mean video on Thursday/Friday? Or he can just upload it now without editing, who cares at this point.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
fieldoflovers
living flop

I feel a little hypocritical being annoyed that Phil is JUST now filming but I am. I feel entitled and spoiled especially because with Dan I'm like take a couple more months if you need it bub but idk I think the hiatus has finally hit me. Is blue Tuesday a thing? that's where i'm at.

Also not sure if we discussed it but hank green had a tweet a few days ago about youtubers wanting their next video to be better than the last and how that's not sustainable and its okay to not do that and I hope dan saw that because I think he needs to.

sorry if this is a little too negative I know things are probably happening behind the scenes but i miss them,,,, also @BuffyFiona I hope you feel better even without a new video, sending you good wishes<3
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Matcha_Ramune wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:08 pm
liola wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:04 pm I can't fucking BELIEVE like. Phil. Phil. If after all of this it's a haul about the things of his new background i will personally sue Phil Lester
I'm sorry but I'd actually enjoy that if he spoke about them in depth. I like design/makeover/style videos.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
dc34
glabella

interesting im afraid and excited

tbh the hiatus never truly hits me since im more multifandom, its rare when there is nothing in any fandom im in to entertain me, but i do miss dip and pip

I miss you boys, i miss getting excited and it will only happen once they come back :pls:
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

knq wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:50 pm I have weirdly mixed feelings about seeing him outside and running. I want to know he's with Phil or a personal trainer or just that he knows to stay hydrated and strive for balance and moderation? After seeing a few of his brother's stories that touch on the runner's high and how much running he does I'd kind of like to see Dan do... anything else. I have weird concerned feelings about seeing Howells running now. Which are entirely subjective and based on my personal judgments, I should add. But they're still there and I still feel them...
I feel the same way. I haven't consumed much of his brother's content, but what I have seen has me concerned. Full disclosure, I'm a proponent of the, "all things in moderation," approach to healthy living. (Well, not all things, there is no moderate way to consume crystal meth) Anyhow, Dan's brother strikes me as an extremist who has an unhealthy obsession with fitness and eats an unnecessarily restrictive vegan diet. (Caveat: That's not to say that vegan diets in and of themselves are unnecessarily restrictive. I've met many vegans who still eat a varied diet.) With what Dan has shared about his thought patterns and self image, I hope he steers clear of his brother's approach to "healthy living." Dan needs balance! So, yeah, I hope he goes boxing with Phil instead and then ends the day with some pizza.
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
FlegmaticSimon
drama llama

lilabet wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:15 pm
Matcha_Ramune wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:08 pm
I'm sorry but I'd actually enjoy that if he spoke about them in depth. I like design/makeover/style videos.
Ah yes, I think I'd like it if it were detailed, for instance if he explained his choices. ;) Basically, I meant a very short video in which he just showed the obvious changes. :lol: But I'd be up for an in depth description as well!
sonicgreen
woodland creature

im guessing he bought stuff for the room online, and was waiting to get everything together? hes very particular about change but i totally feel everyone’s impatience
also dans headband is v cute