Dan & Phil Part 81: Now what?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Andy
squish
Pronouns: she/her

I feel bad, but i do have to admit that seeing you guys get more and more antsy and then seeing the reaction to that instastory has left me :rofl: Personally, I'm even more excited now bcs we get to see something new right away and I'm pumped!
I've kept myself busy by(slowly but surely) filling out my voting sheets for phanfiction awards 2018, but earlier this month I reached back into one of my oldest, most loved fandoms and a question popped up in my mind. See, a lot of the creators there have built entire careers out of producing fan content. Does any of you know anyone who hails from the phandom and has accomplished something similar?(building a career and sustaining themselves, even if they're not producing dnp content anymore)Excluding Hannah Hoffman, ofc :D I'm curious!
vacule
squish

All hostility towards Phil aside, I think it's best to try not to work yourself up for Phil's video, I'm 100% sure it won't be in any way groundbreaking or more "Philip Michael Lester" than the rest of his videos. :snow:
FlegmaticSimon
drama llama

vacule wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:48 pm All hostility towards Phil aside, I think it's best to try not to work yourself up for Phil's video, I'm 100% sure it won't be in any way groundbreaking or more "Philip Michael Lester" than the rest of his videos. :snow:
Yes, I have that impression too. Whatever his next video is, I'm up for it!
autumnhearth
senpai

If he had started with the tweet calling for video background suggestions, instead of the “I’m going to film this week” I think we’d all be a lot more chill. These things take time. Phil is pretty quick with his solo AP video editing though. Sending healing vibes your way @BuffyFiona
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I usually enjoy Phil’s videos so I wasn’t really expecting anything life changing but I was expecting something. I just hope this was a one-time thing because of the background and not the way he intends to go about his content this year.

I admit that the goodwill that I usually feel towards them both has been tested since the content purge of 2018 so I may be overreacting but it wouldn’t take much to make me happy - a video posted on time, tweets updating the fandom every now and then, and maybe a cute story every once in a while.
starwatersong
phabergé

I’m thinking this is Dan’s jacket from the instastory (found here)

Also, I was hoping we’d get a video in the next day or so... but I guess not.
BuffyFiona
sofa crease

Thanks for the well wishes guys <333 @Ablissa @fieldoflovers @autumnhearth :shyhug: I am back home and fingers crossed my recovery should be okay. I'm sad Phil didn't come through in my hour of need, BUT at least he said SOMETHING to distract me, I feel a lot less uneasy with anticipation, at least we know he's filmed the damn thing now! EDIT FAST PHILLY! :frantictyping: I NEED YOUR WEIRD BRAIN AND POSITIVITY TO SEE ME THROUGH!
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

sonicgreen wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:40 pm im guessing he bought stuff for the room online, and was waiting to get everything together? hes very particular about change but i totally feel everyone’s impatience
I feel like this is most likely the reason it took so long, because, like everyone else has been saying, he doesn't usually leave us hanging for over a week like this.
To be honest, I'm a bit glad that he seems to be completely changing his set all at once, even if it's making us wait longer. Even though he said that the change would be gradual, I much prefer him entering YouTube in 2019 fully as AmazingPhil 2.0, without that stupid bed/set. Leave it in the past, my child
black_rat
squish

I think he might have tried to film the video already last week, but then decided he couldn't do it with his old set anymore, and decided on a whim to make the change before his first video of the year, and not wait any longer.

Not sure if he really had long enough time to buy and set up all the stuff he wanted to in time, but I am sure it will be fine anyway.

Still makes me sentimental that he could finally get rid of the bed because there is no PINOF anymore.
knq
lava lamp

LtrllySusan wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:55 pm
The texture of the thing on the left reminded me of that hippo lamp from Firebox that Phil got ages ago. I checked Firebox for similar lamps and it looks like the neck of this dinosaur lamp.
http://www.firebox.com/Diplodocus-Dinosaur-Lamp/p8183

Also saw this on Firebox and lets be real, this is Phil's true branding. Slightly NSFW? I mean it's a plant but...
http://www.firebox.com/Grow-A-Dick/p8938
I'm wondering if the plant Phil has is real and we're all going to watch it die over a series of videos. Unless it's in the upstairs flat; those plants seem to fair better. I wish he'd included a shot of the floor. I really want to know which flat he's filming from and get used to the idea before watching his actual video. The wood of the table sort of looks like the one in the AP room though.
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

I'm willing to wait for Phil to put out a video he's proud of, I'll just sit in the corner eating my arm from lack of content. I am hoping that he's still in the AP room but there's obviously no bed and he just.. doesn't mention it (or at least doesn't try to make up some elaborate lie to continue perpetuating a ruse. I would be fine with telling the truth.)

I'm actually happy to see Dan talk about exercising - he's barely mentioned it other than in Daniel & Depression and the Mukbang, both pretty honest & open videos by Dan standards - I think it's nice to see him being open about the fact he's doing it rather than stick to the "we're nerds who don't exercise branding."

I was about at his age when I discovered I could no longer eat like shit and not intentionally work out and expect to maintain status quo, so I just view talking about it as a sign of maturing + being open with his fans. (hot take? I dunno.)
fancybum
senpai

Sooo what are the chances he’ll post tomorrow? I think it will likely just be a mix of what people have already suggested: new year new me viewers pick my background haul type of deal. But with how much he stressed the whole ‘I want you guys to be involved’ in switching up his background, I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the whole video. What I wish he’d do (but probably didn’t, but maybe!) is try out some of the more ridiculous suggestions just for the lols. I don’t actually know what any suggestions were (outside of the obvious cactus/cereal-esque ones, I assume), but I bet some of the joke answers would be really funny to watch him attempt (and reject). That would probably be too involved though, boo.

Oh no I just had a horrible thought that he’ll just repurpose the gaming room since they don’t need it anymore. I’ll riot.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
scientia
phabergé

My bet is a ‘new background explanation/haul’ in the same vein as his video about his hairstyle change. Nothing more or less thrilling or groundbreaking, IMO :shrug:

It is interesting to see the pre-video hype-to-disappointment cycle happen in regards to Phil’s video for a change though :D
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

scientia wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:27 am It is interesting to see the pre-video hype-to-disappointment cycle happen in regards to Phil’s video for a change though :D
I am wondering what this will do to his views. It's been a while since we had a solid month with no videos, but this is closing in on it. Will that benefit him in the short term? Or will the actual video content still make or break it? Phil can still pull a million unless he's just totally phoning it in (draw my viewers, lol) but it'd be fun to see him get there fast.
autumnhearth
senpai

Ahh thank you @knq that’s exactly what that object reminded me of and I was coming here to ask about it. Speaking of background objects, kinda... at the grocery store this evening my son and I were looking at plants and found some cacti we liked. Turns out they are related to Poe/Loki (when did the name change?) Opuntia microdasys “Albata”, only instead of the even divisions that Phil’s had, this one has 7 to 13 pads on each large segment. I umm, thought it was soft and fuzzy, like Phil did, not realizing the tiny white glochids would penetrate my skin. Oops. Oh well, it’s super cute. We’ve gotta come up with a name for it.
hello9217
flower crown

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:37 am
scientia wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:27 am It is interesting to see the pre-video hype-to-disappointment cycle happen in regards to Phil’s video for a change though :D
I am wondering what this will do to his views. It's been a while since we had a solid month with no videos, but this is closing in on it. Will that benefit him in the short term? Or will the actual video content still make or break it? Phil can still pull a million unless he's just totally phoning it in (draw my viewers, lol) but it'd be fun to see him get there fast.
Unrelated but not really. I've been wondering what dan's views will look like when he comes back. Will people be curious as to why he's been gone for so long or will he have lost more of his casual viewers? I suppose only time will tell.
starwatersong
phabergé

Bless Hector. :lol:
Puffy
drama llama

I had a dream last night that Phil’s new video was titled HANGING and it was a collab between him and Tyler Oakley. They talked about hang gliding. Tyler had done it, Phil had not, Phil was suitably amazed at Tyler’s bravery and that was the whole video.

I’d take that right now, tbh. The hiatus has been getting to me and I’ve been feeling a lot less silly about it seeing everyone else also having feelings of “I can’t wait to see what fresh changes are coming, this is wonderful for them they they’re taking this time out, PLeASE GIVE US SOMETHING, ANYTHING”. I just want new things even though I also want them to be happy with what they create :cry:
rikonee
drama llama

Disappointment? From the icon, star, and legend which is Phil Lester? I can't believe it.
Almost married PJ. we broke up tho
-Philip Michael Lester, 2008
lionandllama
squish

At first I was really disappointed with the IG story because I was so desperately craving new content and thought he’d upload the video any second but then my complete and utter joy over not having to see his fake bed in yet another video kicked in and now I’m just excited to see the new set.
Hope he really has the dinosaur lamp, it’s so pretty.

And I swear to God, if he mentions the bed being gone and makes up some stupid, lame explanation on “where it is now” or where he sleeps now or whatever, I will close that video so quick. Don’t hit me with that shit in 2019 please. I’ve endured enough. lol
FlegmaticSimon
drama llama

Puffy wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:56 am I had a dream last night that Phil’s new video was titled HANGING and it was a collab between him and Tyler Oakley. They talked about hang gliding. Tyler had done it, Phil had not, Phil was suitably amazed at Tyler’s bravery and that was the whole video.
I had a dream about the new video too! I don't remember a lot, but it had to do with airports. They were apparently vlogging there. And I remember Phil buying swimsuits too. :lol:
TBH I've had quite a few dreams about them since I've joined. Should I create a new thread where we could share the dreams we have about them? That could be fun!
(I'm sorry if a dream thread has already been created. I haven't seen one. :) )
knq
lava lamp

I feel like I've gone through the full cycle of excitement and am now prepared to laugh until I cry when the video opens with Phil in the AP room, on the AP bedspread, with his already dying cactus and dinosaur lamp blurry in the background on the AP dresser.

The idea is genuinely funny to me. I think Phil might have broken me. I'm ready to be trolled. Style your quiff into a fringe, tell me about your sleepless night while a clock reads 1:00pm in the background, and only refer to Dan as "dan is not on fire" from now on. :garbage:
obvsly
#relatable

knq wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:07 pm Also saw this on Firebox and lets be real, this is Phil's true branding. Slightly NSFW? I mean it's a plant but...
I was in stitches at this. Brilliant. :rofl: It would suit post-2018 Phil humour perfectly.

I'm not surprised or disappointed really about AP vid being later than expected, but I've been having AP marathon for a few days straight now without planning or even thinking about it. I guess it's my body's natural reaction at this point.

Oh and hi again by the way. I've been away for a while. Not that anyone would notice but it's always good to be back. :ribena:
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

obvsly wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:53 pm
knq wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:07 pm Also saw this on Firebox and lets be real, this is Phil's true branding. Slightly NSFW? I mean it's a plant but...
I was in stitches at this. Brilliant. :rofl: It would suit post-2018 Phil humour perfectly.
i agree! god this is hilarious i love it!
:gayaf:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

If Phil did have a magical 24 hour turnaround... he still might not upload today unless youtube gets its shit together.