Dan & Phil Part 81: Now what?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
knq
lava lamp
Pronouns: she/her

I'm curious about Phil's background, but what I really hope to get out of the coming video is an idea of what kind of content he'll be making, if he's going to have any sort of schedule, and what his plans are for the near future. Please Phil!
rikonee
drama llama

Phil's new IG story makes me soft. :happytears: A man I stan talking about another man I stan? Yes please.
Actually, I've been reading Blaine fics and watching a lot of Darren vids to heal my starvation for Deppy's content. So imagine my surprise seeing this lol. I'm glad Phil agrees that Darren Criss is a god. :6-year-old dan:

Edit: re-embed the tweet
Last edited by rikonee on Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Almost married PJ. we broke up tho
-Philip Michael Lester, 2008
BuffyFiona
sofa crease

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:49 pm Dan and Phil's New Year's resolution was clearly to turn their edging kink towards us, the unassuming audience.
I keep thinking about this and like....... Honestly it's true AND I'M NOT HERE FOR IT!

I'm back in the hospital due to complications in my recovery :( HOWEVER at least I know I can look forward to a Phil upload today!!!! Pleaseee make it a juicy one Philly!!!! I want something great to end this week of hell!!!!!! Personally hoping he got those lil cactus lights I saw people reccing him. Or a lava lamp!!!
FlegmaticSimon
drama llama

:whiskers: So the video is today. I am feeling rather hyped. :whiskers: What will the topic of the video be? What will the new background look like? I've been asking myself these questions since last night. :D Um, I must be a bit obsessed.
Anyway, I'm sure the video will be worth the wait, no matter what. :)

Still, I don't really know what to expect. I wouldn't even be surprised if he took every suggestion possible for his background and turned his bedroom into a chaotic mess. :lol:
obvsly
#relatable

scientia wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:39 am
obvsly wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:17 am Meanwhile I have regressed to Drarry and now reading a 200,000+ word fic. My spirit is strong but there's an amazingphil-shaped hole in my heart...
Oooh, mind sharing which Drarry story??
It’s called Changing of the Guard by Lomonaaeren! Not a new fic but I’ve read a few by this author before and the summary intrigued me. 8-)
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

Happy that Dad is uploading today, but annoyed that it has to be the weekend I'm in London so 8PM is 8PM for me instead of noon like it normally is for me...
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Catallena wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:16 am I don't think Phil uploading today it's gonna make me miss DAPG any less. The fact is that I don't love their main channel/solo content as much as I once did, and I've never felt that more than now. AP has always been a little hit or miss for me and The Channel Formerly Known As DINOF has gone in a direction I really don't care for. Speaking of Dan, what the hell is he up to? Now with his lack of IG Stories it's like he's ghosting us on all platforms :')
Yeah, I feel the same. DAPG is the channel that made me subscribe to them in the first place and it's the content I enjoy the most because yes, I'm here mostly because of them together (if this was tumblr I would already be receiving angry anons saying that Dan and Phil are more than just Phan!!11!! You need to love them individually too!!!11!).
I like Phil's content, but I don't know how to feel at the prospect of that being the only constant source of content, even if it's joint. Also, I am so used to see a less filtered version of dnp on DAPG - especially in the past year - that now I'm here wondering what's gonna happen to that. Is that version gonna be present on their main channels or not? And if not, will we end up feeling like they took a step back? So many questions.
As for Dan - He said he doesn't want to be a full-time youtuber but he's not being a part-time youtuber either, does he know that? Whatever, I'm not a fan of his solo content except for his storytime videos, so.. :shrug:

I am sorry, I guess I woke up grumpy today, but I'm getting a bit frustrated. This silence from them is unbearable; are they being quiet because they're working behind the scenes? Or are they being quiet just because they want to chill? They are not telling us anything about their plans and I hate not knowing things, man. I hope Phil's video will give us some answers, today.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
autumnhearth
senpai

Yeah... I’m not allowing myself to expect more than a new background, Phil’s face and hopefully a pleasant vid. If we get more than that, great. But ‘answers’? I dunno man.

I was rereading some of Dan’s customer service blog answers last night and of course fell into a funk. I couldn’t help comparing it to the things he said in II and the commentary. At least he now has his millions to sit on to help him put up with how extra we are. I read a few aloud to my husband and at least he got some laughs out of it and a surprisingly wounded sounding “but phan is real”. So tired. 12 more hours.
liola
rankussy

I also am at the point where, while I am excited for Phil's video, I already feel the dread of not knowing when the next video is going to happen. I just wish we knew what's going on and what to expect, because while I can let them go with it for January, I sure hope we'll have some kind of schedule.

I do miss dapg so much
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
autumnhearth
senpai

Heh I meant seven hours, now six. I can math and do time zones. My thoughts are with you @BuffyFiona <3

What do you guys think is the likelihood of them going to Japan this spring (or some other time this year)? I know we wouldn’t get another ditl, but I would be satisfied with some Instagram travel content. I miss the tour for that reason.

I’m having a hard time imagining any kind of big project this year, but who knows with these guys. Some travel, charity work and the return of dapg or some collab channel in a few months would be nice. I’m all for a chill year, I just don’t want them to disappear on us. I know this sounds silly when we are getting a video today. But like can Dan just talk to us about his candles and bathbombs please? I don’t even care what platform it’s on.
hello9217
flower crown

autumnhearth wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:15 pm Heh I meant seven hours, now six. I can math and do time zones. My thoughts are with you @BuffyFiona <3

What do you guys think is the likelihood of them going to Japan this spring (or some other time this year)? I know we wouldn’t get another ditl, but I would be satisfied with some Instagram travel content. I miss the tour for that reason.

I’m having a hard time imagining any kind of big project this year, but who knows with these guys. Some travel, charity work and the return of dapg or some collab channel in a few months would be nice. I’m all for a chill year, I just don’t want them to disappear on us. I know this sounds silly when we are getting a video today. But like can Dan just talk to us about his candles and bathbombs please? I don’t even care what platform it’s on.
There was a small part of me that thought/was hoping for them to go for phil's bday. They did say, or phil said, he wanted to go back after tour finished.
Ablissa
pastel persona

autumnhearth wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:15 pm Heh I meant seven hours, now six. I can math and do time zones. My thoughts are with you @BuffyFiona <3

I also have a hunch they might come back to Japan this year. It feels like the right time for it - they don't have any tours etc to tend to right now, they both want to go back, they made bank last year. Treat yourselves, boys.

And again, I'm going to echo everyone else here. When that liveshow dropped before Christmas and they announced a hiatus, I was really quite positive. I thought we'd get more info soon and that surely they won't disappear on us. But after almost the entirety of January, I really need some kind of an update and some reassurance that we will get more than the occasional AP video.

What are they plotting? Ugh. We're not likely to find out tonight. I just hope it's a nice video and I want to see the new filming location.

Edit: Of course my post #1000 is me whining :lol:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I think that I'd have been a lot more zen about things right now if Phil hadn't announced the video filming so much earlier than he actually did film it. In reality we're still only less than two weeks out from how long their Christmas break would have been. Every bit of impatience and anxiety just feels elevated because of the lack of knowing what else is coming.

I'm tentatively putting my hopes on us knowing the fate of DAPG by the end of February. I'll give the post-Phil-birthday-dust time to settle and time for Dan to (theoretically) post his long awaited main channel return. Then... I'll need info. I'll needt something.
kavat
pastel persona

I hope that the hiatus and Phil's teasing hasn't elevated peoples expectations. I've seen some people who seem to expect it to be something groundbreaking just because it's been a while, and they will most likely be disappointed. Idk, I just try too keep my expectations low, not speculate about what it is and not set my self up for disappointment.

Only four hours left. And please Phil, be on time. :impatient:
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

i look forward to seeing the chaos on my twitter timeline for when phil uploads later while im still at work being sneezed at by babies, at least i know for sure that phil will water us today, thnx dad
"you are next to me in my life"
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:10 pm

I'm tentatively putting my hopes on us knowing the fate of DAPG by the end of February. I'll give the post-Phil-birthday-dust time to settle and time for Dan to (theoretically) post his long awaited main channel return. Then... I'll need info. I'll needt something.
Oh yeah, how could we forget Phil’s infamous birthday week/month? I wonder if they’ll head back to the IOM this weekend. Here I was thinking about getting a schedule in early February and I forgot that Phil’s birthday lasts at least 3 weeks (totally deserved though. Give that man his red velvet cakes).

I’m still holding out that Dan will just pull a Beyoncé as to avoid any hype
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I'm reeeeeaaally hoping the video has some kind of aspect to it that makes it "revolutionary" (for lack of a better term, but hopefully my point gets across) so we don't end up with another Trying To Live My Truth and have the masses freak out for ages. I'm kind of doubting that though, so maybe it's best for me personally to stay focused on here rather than even try to go on tumblr. Though that's definitely why I hope Dan in particular Beyonces his video because people tend to go especially hard on him lol. I think I would be less concerned about that if we hadn't been on the edge of our seats for two weeks, but at least it's finally coming. I hope neither of them do something like this again, and even if it'll probably be a pretty basic video I'm excited for content.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

kavat wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:01 pm I hope that the hiatus and Phil's teasing hasn't elevated peoples expectations. I've seen some people who seem to expect it to be something groundbreaking just because it's been a while, and they will most likely be disappointed. Idk, I just try too keep my expectations low, not speculate about what it is and not set my self up for disappointment.
Same. My hopes are pretty low/realistic in terms of what I think the video will be (though I wouldn't particularly mind something groundbreaking yknow, lmao), but I see some others' expectations and know that they're almost definitely gonna get disappointed due to the high bar being placed on this vid
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

okay phil okay okay we're ready now come on time to drop it
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I think this is why they usually dont give an upload time :lol: we're all sitting here refreshing
thatone
delia smith

its here!
Last edited by lefthandedism on Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed youtube embed
amberblogslife
squish

I liked it.

BUT OMG THE CRINGE AT THE WHOLE BED THING.
Constantly in an existential crisis.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I like how natural he is speaking.

I don't like the bed discourse.

I like saying goodbye to the filming flat.

I am not sure how to feel about channel memberships.

The end.

Edit: Channel membership = emotes = live shows on youtube? Else what's the point of emotes?
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Where is he? Is that not in the filming flat? I can't tell!!! I'm going with this being in the living flat. RIP to the filming flat theory LIVES ON!!!

He ~feels~ different to me. IDK how to explain that, but something about the way he sat up in the new space, his hair, his neutral shirt, the jazzy music at the end? It's a NEW ERA, PEOPLE.

I thoroughly enjoyed this video. The bed bit at the start was nice and vague enough. I am v v v v v pleased.
opendoor
rainbow nerd

New viddy aka how many penis jokes can Phil make in ten minutes.

But he needs to move that plant away a bit he kept hitting it with his shoulder and it was so annoying help.
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.