Dan & Phil Part 81: Now what?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

Grrr, it’s not even from home. King of Delayed Content. :roll:

Sigh top of the page, but I’m not including that story(s).

Glad it seems like the Anthony thing isn’t going through.

Had a dream last night that Dan and Phil were helping promote someone’s show/venture, I think he was a white rapper. But there was something about abs on a cover and then the three of them were laughing that it was false advertising. But then they all took off their shirts and while white rapper guy was indeed puny, Dan and Phil were glorious and Phil grasped Dan’s bare shoulder and said something complimentary about his upper body. So I came on here and wrote “wow, I guess that’s the world we’re living in now”. So um reality is truly disappointing. Thanks Phil.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Good grief, that's mildly terrifying. Reminds me of his hand fic, is he working on a horror story? Probably just a random weird thing he thinks we'll appreciate :?

Uhf, that ab dream sounds amazing. What with the glasses, quiff and wearing black, if he showed us a topless photo all muscled up, well :faint:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I'm finally listening to the DVD commentary - firstly, wouldn't it be a good idea to have a separate thread? It's so hard to find the single posts and opinions that people have posted over the last month.

Secondly:
"Phil Lester, we are geniuses" :happytears:
and the "when I dream of you, you have a quiff" <3 but that's already been mentioned.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Oh yeah, a thread for DVD commentary could be good. Related to that -
I can't get out of my head that Phil thinks his "innocent" label was only due to not swearing, would be interesting to discuss and hear more thoughts on that.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Where would the thread go though? In this subforum or with the tour (but that subforum is kind of dead)?

On a final note, and regarding subtitles:
(The lyrics are "The reason I am here is 'cause people ship phan")

I thought they were involved in the subtitles???
I'm not blaming whoever did the actual typing cause that is tough work, but someone D&P-related should have looked the text over. I'm surprised at the lack of quality control and feel bad for the Deaf/HoH community.
rachelthepiratequeen
smol bean

So I was bored, so I made a calendar with one Dan and Phil video to watch every day. (I don't know what the purpose of it is, maybe to try not to spend so much time rewatching their videos over and over?) Anyway, about 75% of the videos are on the day they were uploaded, and about 99% are listed in the same month.

If anyone is bored like me and wanted to use it, here's a PDF: file:///C:/Users/Rachel/Desktop/365%20Days%20of%20D&P.pdf

DAN: Daniel Howell/danisnotonfire
PHIL: AmazingPhil
DPG: DanandPhilGAMES
DNI: danisnotinteresting
LAP: LessAmazingPhil
DPC: DanandPhilCRAFTS
SAP: The Super Amazing Project

Enjoy, or don't, I guess. But I had fun making it. I'll probably do another one next year, because it was brutal deciding what not to include.

Happy New Year!
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Re incorrect subtitles, the person doing it should have time and the sense to ask if they don’t know for sure what they’re hearing. The phrase they wrote doesn’t make sense even out of context.

The rewatch calendar sounds interesting, though the pdf file needs to be uploaded to a host server to be linked from here, I think. The file path there is to your own PC.
capybantsa
glabella
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Anthony
I think I don't fully understand the backlash, but I do agree that any mentions of phan would be a touchy subject, and it wouldn't really be an accurate representation of the phandom without mentioning it. It's probably best not to go there unless it's clear that D&P are okay with it.

Re: Subtitles
I had a friend who did subtitle work online for a while between jobs and they said it was really awful. You usually don't get any context of what's going on, and the pay is so low that if you listen to the clip more than once before deciding what to type then you're going to be earning way below minimum wage. I'm guessing D&P used one of those cheap services and forgot to have somebody go through and quality check the final product.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

That’s a good point, I forgot about that kind of subtitling setup. I do editing for shorthand writers and actually they do the final proofread, though I earn enough that checking 3 times before highlighting it/marking as inaudible is expected, as is googling for names and terminology and sometimes there are reference documents. No matter how good the audio is, if it’s one channel and someone coughs or a second person talks, it blocks out the first person. With a better recording setup eg multiple mics, you can have different channels so you turn one down to hear the other better, but often it’s just one mic. Won’t get too far into how bad it makes the profession look when the skill and product is undervalued so much that the pay is peanuts etc.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

beautiful boy.
:gayaf:
autumnhearth
senpai

The thing is I swear they mentioned that they were working on/checking the subtitles as part of their process along with the in studio stuff.
Phantasy
woodland creature

Nice start to the new year...
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

The New Year hasn't quite hit my side of the planet just yet, but as it approaches, I just wanted to say...

2018 has been a wild year on IDB. This year, we watched D&P:
  • Go on their second and biggest world tour.
  • Start instagram stories (and stick to it!)
  • Release a DVD
  • Grow in their appearance and their confidence. (Phil's quiff... That was this year!)
  • Become more comfortable with us. (You guys, just to rehash.... Dan told us he was celebrating pre-Christmas with the Lesters.)
  • Close out a chapter of DAPG
  • Post the final PINOF.
I'm probably missing something huge in that list, but I'm blanking at this point. We watched and discussed and interacted as all of these things happened and I loved every goddamn minute of it. :love2:

So, thank you for the wonderful year, IDB. You're all complete gems and I couldn't have asked for bants with better folks in 2018.

Happy, happy new year everyone! May 2019 bring you all personal happiness and may we all soon be chatting about a dog and a forever home!!!

:newyear:
jesp
why bother

Happy new year, IDBers. I love you all.
citizen_erased
truth bomb

Happy 2019 everyone! :newyear:
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

happy New years to everyone in a different time zone and to people seeing this message later !!!! it's still only 8pm for me.
i am upset by phil's thumb-face pic.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

It's still 16:00 in 2018 for me! Still ages to finish my projects for the year ;)

I'm really excited about DNP in 2019. I think it's gonna be a good year. I think it's gonna be a lot more open with the audience this year and I'm excited to see what happens with DINOF and DAPG after some regroup breaks. Dan's first like of the year being Antoni's thirst trap is a pretty good omen.

Random personal junk and how I feel it vaguely relates to DNP.
I'm personally excited because I bought an impulse ticket $99 to London (from the US!) for January to do a project with a queer hair salon and I'm hoping it coincides with a return to AP/DINOF. Plus I'm going to Tokyo/Osaka in March for a filming project. And I got invited to Summer in the City which possibly DNP will be at this year; which is just a few days before Brighton Pride. So I'm hoping that 2019 will be a queer year for me and DNP's video content.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

Happy new year everyone! I'm really grateful for all the good time I'm having on this forum! You're all amazing <3

edit : first post of 2019 and i'm now moon room! yay!
:gayaf:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Happy New Year! :newyear: :cheer:
May 2019 be a good year filled with lots of bants.
Ribona
crusty sponge

Happy new year guys! :love1:
Let's say goodbye to 20gayteen and welcome 20biteen 😉
Grumpybisexual
delia smith

Happy New Year everyone!! :ribena:

And for our first deppy content of the year here's Dan's top 10 albums of 2018! I never mentioned it before but I have to say every time Dan mentions Chris(tine and the Queens) three years are added to my life :happytears: I'm almost as obsessed with her as I am with deppy and it's just so wonderful when your faves acknowledge each other :love2: she's pretty much the only female queer icon we have in France and if Dan had to mention any French artist I'm so glad it was her!! :happytears:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

That is a nice list of Dan. Personally I am a big fan of Janelle Monae.
SMH. I am still amazed at times that Phil is still in one piece.
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Just thought I'd give you an update. We raised over £20,000 in 2018. Here's to raising even more in 2019! :ribena:

Thank you to anyone who has donated or shared. :platonic:
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

:newyear: Happy New Year :newyear:

I hope 2019 will be a great year for everyone. May it be filled with bants and more Dan and Phil videos! :D :love2:

Love them starting their year with setting fire to shit. Today it's been 5 years since Phil accidentally set their Calcifer plush on fire, and here he is reminding us that they're still the same lovable dumbasses as back then.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
opendoor
rainbow nerd

Happy New Year everybody. :newyear: Thanks for being so frequently hilarious and insightful in 2018. This is a great community <3

Also lol Phil, begin the year as you mean to go on. That Calcifer story is one of my favourite radio stories, it's just a comedy of errors. :onfire:
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.