Dan & Phil Part 81: Now what?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Ablissa
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

I'm going to be selfish and say that I hope it's a joint video, but it doesn't seem like it right now. I'd really just want to see them both at this point. I miss them loads, and the lack of DAPG means that I will miss their joint content even when they return to their main channels.

Yeah, I'm one of those people that loves them individually, but prefers when they are together. Sorry.

This reminds me... new AP set, then?
knq
lava lamp

YAS PHIL COME BACK TO US :newyear: :hearts: :babuse: :elephant: :stan:

sorry i’m excited
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Ablissa wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:04 pm I'm going to be selfish and say that I hope it's a joint video, but it doesn't seem like it right now. I'd really just want to see them both at this point. I miss them loads, and the lack of DAPG means that I will miss their joint content even when they return to their main channels.

Yeah, I'm one of those people that loves them individually, but prefers when they are together. Sorry.

I'm also one of those people that prefers them together and that's why I'm mourning the loss of dapg. I live in fear of the unknown. :snow:

Re: AP set. Didn't Phil say that it would take him some time to change it up? Did i recall right? If i had to bet some money, I'd say he will film in the usual location in front of the bed.
Or maybe the new video is actually about him choosing and decorating his new set. :tinfoil: Oh, I would watch that so fast.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
knq
lava lamp

glitterintheair wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:22 pm
Ablissa wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:04 pm I'm going to be selfish and say that I hope it's a joint video, but it doesn't seem like it right now. I'd really just want to see them both at this point. I miss them loads, and the lack of DAPG means that I will miss their joint content even when they return to their main channels.

I'm also one of those people that prefers them together and that's why I'm mourning the loss of dapg. I live in fear of the unknown. :snow:

Re: AP set. Didn't Phil say that it would take him some time to change it up? Did i recall right? If i had to bet some money, I'd say he will film in the usual location in front of the bed.
Or maybe the new video is actually about him choosing and decorating his new set. :tinfoil: Oh, I would watch that so fast.
I thought I’d be happy with anything but now this is the only video I want. I’d love to hear Phil talk about why he’s had the same set for so long and why he’s changing it now (ala his fringe video) combined with interior decorating. Also if Dan could be commenting from behind the camera I wouldn’t complain. Like Viewers Pick My Outfits except Viewers Pick My Filming Set! (And then of course like VPMO in the next video he’s returned all the viewer picks and his set looks exactly how he wants it to. That’s important.)
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

Radical conceptussy: he won’t be showing his new set because it’s the sequel to “My boyfriend Viewers Pick My Outfits” so it’ll be filmed in the lounge
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

thestigdrivesamini wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:36 pm Radical conceptussy: he won’t be showing his new set because it’s the sequel to “My boyfriend Viewers Pick My Outfits” so it’ll be filmed in the lounge
New year, new look? I'm into it. Please. Pleaaaaase.

I do agree I'd like it to be joint content just because I'm craving it but I feel like they're going to wait to make solo first videos just to re-establish themselves individually then move onto joint stuff. And I'm trying to be at peace with that.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Who else is loving the new sexuality faq thread that the mod team and some others put together? I haven't gotten through it all yet, but the layout is so satisfying for an organization nerd like me and it's so nice to have all that information in one spot
kavat
pastel persona

Yaknow I really thought we would get a fresh selfie there, but instead we got a gif. Always a troll, that man.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

maybe he really meant it when he said he looks like a guinea pig... could it be a video about him coming out as a furry?
/s
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Dan and Phil are currently trending on tumblr and I find it so funny because all it took was a tweet from Phil (and a ig story mentioning the Holy Year of 2009). We're really starving, aren't we.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

Him acknowledging the year 2009’s existence unnerved me and I need my fourth wall back please.

Also, WHY is he hiding his face?? Why were we deprived of a selfie and instead got a weird ass skeleton gif?!? What are you up to Philip :tinfoil:
rikonee
drama llama

Thank God for a new AP video. I hope it's a solo-Phil.

Also I was so excited for the new selfie, but turns out he's just trolling us. So this is how you betray me Philip? :(
Almost married PJ. we broke up tho
-Philip Michael Lester, 2008
autumnhearth
senpai

I doubt it’s Viewers Pick My Outfits, we would have had a call for submissions awhile ago (unless he chooses from previous suggestions or Dan just chooses but I doubt it). I don’t think the vid will feature Dan. I would love for it to have the theme of change, perhaps extending beyond the set/background.
Ablissa
pastel persona

Here I am again with some mad #spon about our watch fests!

1. Our next watch fest is on Sunday, January 20th, at 1 PM and 7 PM UTC. We're watching the first and last Dan vs Phil + Jamaica Dan vs Phil + other DvP videos upon request. We're using rabb.it for this one!
Retweets and reblogs would help us a lot - please consider sharing so that this doesn't flop <3

2. We've made some changes to our watch fests in general.
Some more notable ones are that we will have a watch party every Sunday now (alternating between IDB and rabb.it), our IDB watch parties will last the whole day (no meeting times), and for the rabb.it watch parties, we won't be making a forum thread to discuss (because they were barely used during those). If you want to read the whole thing, click here: viewtopic.php?p=102220#p102220
lionandllama
squish

I just really want something new now, it’s a new year and so many things happened in 2018 and I... just really can’t stand the AP room anymore. lol
I kind of hope they got rid of the filming apartment, which I am sure they did not yet, but I wish the new video would already be filmed in a new location. I’m impatient.
Also I hope it’s gonna be a more meaningful video than a “76 things I don’t need but bought to make a 8-minute long video about it” thing. I really don’t like those. lol
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

lionandllama wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:18 am Also I hope it’s gonna be a more meaningful video than a “76 things I don’t need but bought to make a 8-minute long video about it” thing. I really don’t like those. lol
Same! I think we are not the only one looking for a more meaningful video, something that shows the direction they choose to head in after their break.

Btw I totally hope that DnP are watching the new Netflix show "Sex Education" because it's hilarious high-school drama, much better than Riverdale, and so sex- and lgbtq-positive. And I hope they talk about it in a LS!
Ablissa
pastel persona

LtrllySusan wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:24 am
lionandllama wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:18 am Also I hope it’s gonna be a more meaningful video than a “76 things I don’t need but bought to make a 8-minute long video about it” thing. I really don’t like those. lol
Same! I think we are not the only one looking for a more meaningful video, something that shows the direction they choose to head in after their break.
Oh gosh, yes. I am lowkey anticipating a meaningless, fun but low effort video, which I mean... I'll take it, I'll take anything really. I miss them. But I would love to see more of Phil Lester than AmazingPhil in this new year, and I hope that Phil has caught on to the general vibe from his audience.
(And I'm still dreaming of a joint video :( But I know it's not likely to happen for a while...)
lionandllama wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:18 am I kind of hope they got rid of the filming apartment, which I am sure they did not yet, but I wish the new video would already be filmed in a new location. I’m impatient.
I'm wondering about the logistics of all this. I think they will likely just move and get rid of both at once tbh, or at least that is my dream for them. I'm not sure if they can let go of one flat right now, I think their lease will be up at the same time for both?
I'm impatient too. I can't wait to see if we get more of AP room or maybe some other part of their flat, or... or I don't know what?? I just want this video now kthx.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Sometimes I'm really fascinated to see how phandom has shifted in regards to Phil. Or maybe rather the phandom that I keep up with (namely IDB and a sprinkling of tumblr).

I just distinctly remember everyone just wanting Phil to be less children's TV and more... himself? And now that we've got that and we've really been swooning over it for over a year, it's become so easy to just get over the AP room. So much so that we're literally begging for it to happen.

I don't really have any deep analysis of this outside of thinking about how 3-4 years ago, I don't know that anyone would have felt that way, because that was his brand. That duvet. The bed in the background. But the rest of Phil has changed, so it just doesn't feel right anymore.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Don't be silly! It wouldn't be eight minutes long. It'd be 10:01.
rizzo wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:38 pm Sometimes I'm really fascinated to see how phandom has shifted in regards to Phil. Or maybe rather the phandom that I keep up with (namely IDB and a sprinkling of tumblr).

I just distinctly remember everyone just wanting Phil to be less children's TV and more... himself? And now that we've got that and we've really been swooning over it for over a year, it's become so easy to just get over the AP room. So much so that we're literally begging for it to happen.

I don't really have any deep analysis of this outside of thinking about how 3-4 years ago, I don't know that anyone would have felt that way, because that was his brand. That duvet. The bed in the background. But the rest of Phil has changed, so it just doesn't feel right anymore.
This is really true and really interesting. It probably helps that Dan broke the seal on Big Changes first. I feel like if the Dan-and-Phil brand still depended heavily on matching hair! matching duvets! etc then we'd struggle a lot more with Phil. But Dan (and then slowly Phil, with the hair) conditioned us and probably themselves too to realize that (most) changes aren't that scary because they're followed by things even better than what came before.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I'm trying really hard to have absolutely no expectations for Phil's first video of the year, or Dan's for that matter (who hasn't posted any Stories in over a week so I've declared him dead and am holding a wake in the compilation comment section today) just out of self protection. Like I'd looooooove to see Phil moving out of that broom closet immediately, but while it will definitely happen soon I don't think we're quite there. But maybe he can mention it as a goal for the new year in his video? That'd be nice.

Meanwhile I'm cracking up at reviews of Interactive Introverts according to the amateur film critics of IMDB.
Everyone say thank you to kind men adding to Deppy's forever home fund :love2: Capita£ester stays winning. :moneybath:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
greenergrass
stress mushroom

lmao those reviews. Why would anyone buy a movie for a show of people you've never heard of??? Like... you'd think you'd at least do a tiny bit of research into the show and people in the show before buying it? Or I guess some people have more money than they know what to do with
Ablissa
pastel persona

whatdoiknow wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:51 pm lmao those reviews. Why would anyone buy a movie for a show of people you've never heard of??? Like... you'd think you'd at least do a tiny bit of research into the show and people in the show before buying it? Or I guess some people have more money than they know what to do with
My thoughts exactly. Why did these people even buy the dvd? Maybe they're trolls and they're actually fans, but I don't think so. Sounds like legit boring people that bought something they had no clue about.
Wow, I wish I had the kind of money to buy things without even reading what I'm buying...
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:07 pm
Don't be silly! It wouldn't be eight minutes long. It'd be 10:01.
been mostly lurking lately but reading this made me laugh out loud

us --> :ourmoney: :moneybath: <-- phil
"you are next to me in my life"
sparkle
blobfish

Petition for Dan to make a 35 minute long video on the state of UK politics right now.

As someone who stayed up all night last general election, I am ready for some OPINIONS on a no confidence vote.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

And he's doing some replies, including this one: