In bed with Dan and Phil: dreams about the boys

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
bluecaterpillar
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

a few days after big dropped, i had a dream that dan uploaded a regular video with some sketches and stuff. i can't remember anything from this 'video' except that one sketch showed them both in their shared bed, waking up suddenly in the middle of the night and sitting up to check their phones. it was slipped into the video in a very casual way, as just another skit illustrating whatever point was being made in the video. it was a pretty chill, cosy kind of dream, felt very ~domestic. i usually forget my dreams because i never write them down, but three months later that one still pops up in my mind every so often.
there’s not a star in heaven that we can’t reach
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I had such a weird one last night. I was on a plane and sitting next to Adrian, and ignoring him as well as Dan who was a few rows away and telling people his name was James because being known as YouTuber Daniel with the screaming phandom was too awful. Later on things got fancy and it was more like a cruise ship, there was loads of space, two levels you could walk around and they served a full Indian meal with little tea light candles and all the dishes, I wondered in the dream how they could do all that on a plane. Dan wasn’t there, though, he was over at the side in a small pool with his girlfriend, in a bikini, and some other girls.

So weird. How did I watch a 45-minute masterpiece coming out video 6 times for my brain to give dream-Dan a harem of girls?
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

I think all these posts about 10/19 have seeped into my subconscious. Last night I dreamed they released a joint Q&A on 10/19. In the dream, Phil had asked for questions for the Q&A a few days prior, so the video itself wasn't a total surprise. It's filming though, was. They shot the video outside (gasp!) at a random London Park. They were outside because they were, wait for it, walking their dog. They were delightfully coy about the dog, not wanting to share his name with the audience. Dan had already taught the dog how to fetch a frisbee. Phil took a turn throwing the frisbee and it landed in a pond. Then they sat down on a bench to answer a few questions. The only question I remember was, "Have you ever made a sex tape?" Dan, after reading it, immediately starts laughing. Phil looks at Dan incredulously, "You're not going to answer that, are you?" And Dan responded with something like, "Why don't I tell the story and then we can cut it later if we don't like it." So then Dan launches into the story of how, yes, they have made a sex tape, sort of. It happened years ago. They thought'd be a goof, but like, a sexy goof. Dan took ages setting up the camera and he made Phil clean his room for over an hour (they shot it in Phil's old Manchester flat) so the aesthetics would be just right. When he mentions aesthetics, Phil used his famously bad air quotes. So after all that set up, and the actual filming, Dan said they tried watching it back and the camera must have been bumped or something because it was angled too far down so all you can see clearly are their feet. Then Dan gave a shout out to all the foot perverts out there and they moved onto the next question.

Oddly, the most vivid image I have from the dream is Phil sat on a bench making his air quotes while side-eyeing Dan. I couldn't' tell you anything about the park or the dog. Dreams are funny like that. Anyhow, could you imagine if that Q&A were real. The phandom would implode.
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Went full maternal over Dan when I had a nap this evening. He was a tiny baby that I was carrying around, he was asleep the whole time and very comfortable. I thought about how amazing it was that someone who’s 6’3” was ever that small. He was adorable, it was really sweet.
parallel
phabergé
Pronouns: she/her

Someone wrote a textbook about Dan (specifically a textbook, the type you study from at school) except they got his name wrong and kept calling him James Howard (from that time Phil called Dan "James Howard" I'm guessing, lol). My little brother (who does not watch Deppy/know much about them) read the textbook and was like "Yeah I'm such an expert on James Howard" and I was like "Actually it's Dan Howell" and I shattered his entire worldview lol
poweroftriangles
Pronouns: he/him

I had a dream that Dan was explaining to Phil (on camera, so he was also explaining to all of us) what depression feels like, and he used the following metaphor: someone asks you to make blueberry oreo muffins (???), and you start work, then they come and ask you if it's ready, and you say you've finished making the orange juice. They ask what orange juice has to do with anything, and it makes perfect sense to you why you need to make orange juice to make blueberry oreo muffins, but the others simply don't understand.

look i don't have depression but i don't think this is a very good metaphor. but i would try blueberry oreo muffins if they existed
anti-YouNow club :sarcasticclap:
formlessblobsunite
drama llama

had another dream about the return of dapg. this time, I don't even know what they played (an rpg of sorts, I think?) because all that dream me got through was the intro, in which deppy were all over each other. Dan had his hand around Phil's shoulders, there was hair ruffling, there was a head on a shoulder at some point, like, the cutest, most couple-y stuff. I am a c h i n g.
:rainbowtears:
bluecaterpillar

i had a very strange dream that dan and i both worked as instructors at a leisure centre. dan was a football coach, of all things, but of course still wore his usual black jeans and oversized jumpers. a bunch of people showed up for a training session, only it was the middle of the night so we all ran round the indoor track under the floodlights. goodness knows what brought on that dream - the only exercise i've done recently is getting about on my bike, and i haven't been to a sports centre in months.
there’s not a star in heaven that we can’t reach
parallel
phabergé

I dreamt about the return of DAPG. They uploaded the Devan wedding out of the blue and a few days later uploaded another Sims 4 video as well. I remember being so happy in the dream. :(
Sami
squish

I dreamt last night that I woke up and checked ig to find that it was flooded with posts and stories from the boys about their engagement :rainbowtears:
There were pics of both of them showing off the matching rings they had and excitedly talking about how it happened. I remember being really surprised as they were so open about it
I was so disappointed when I actually woke up this morning
Hoot hoot, b*tch - Phil Lester 2019
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I had two sets of DnP dreams last night. First they were each selling a VHS tape, Phil’s was behind the scenes of when he was in Cats (he played Macavity) and it was $69 so I was 😮 then Dan’s, I don’t remember, but there was more than one copy and people were paying $1,200. Turned out they were scams posted by some mysterious person and if you clicked ‘preview’ on them, it went to one of their videos instead. Phil’s was one of his sleepless nights. Dan replied to my tweet with an email saying something like ‘lol, triggered’ with a gif that just had two letters that expanded, one was E for emotional. Weird.

Then the other one had me walking the corridors of a school when Dan turned up and two girls wanted a photo with him, so he’s holding the phone up to get some of the wall display in, but he couldn’t get it so kept trying, moving down the corridor, and bumped into me, pushing me along, and we both found it hilarious (he’d never do that in reality and I doubt I’d be amused either). I broke free of the Dan-juggernaut and said ‘what are you trying to do?’, he was laughing, very cute, wearing that old stripy grey jumper.
noodlebum
flower crown

I had a dnp dream last night that I thought the first part was at least true - Phil tweeted that he was 'off to his first gay wedding today with his beau'. Then later on I saw Dan and Phil at a service station sitting down, and Phil was hugging/comforting Dan saying it was going to be ok, for some reason. For those interested Phil decided on a blue patterned shirt and Dan white :rainbow:
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Last night I dreamt that one morning Phil was sad to tell me about what had happened during the night. He’d fallen off my sofa in his sleep, bashed his nose and broken my camera, so he’d bought me a new one. It was really sweet, I wanted to give him a hug (I was feeling a bit that way, along with annoyance, after last night’s mukbang liveshow).
BrothAndBrine
delia smith

Dream from last night - Dan and Phil were in Victoria's Secret. I haven't been in VS in years due to online shopping, so I don't know what it looks like, so some things are probably not true in the dream.

Anyway, they were there, no emotional/sexual/etc. meaning attached. They were there, looking circa 2013, just having fun, smiling, especially Phil, and just so happened to be in VS. They were on the right side of the store by lingerie. Then, they discovered the dressing rooms, which was a HUGE area with dressing rooms separated by these thick ivory colored curtains. They got this devilish way about them, and I was like an invisible person in front of them, who could kinda read their thoughts, and I just knew they wanted to do some hanky-panky in there. They were overwhelmed with the fact the place was empty and they could just scuttle in there and brandish each other.

So, we went in, kinda quickly, turning right and going into one on the right. Then, somehow, these blonde dudes kinda shimmied into the room, too, and I was getting pushed around and Dan and Phil were getting interrupted in what they thought would be an isolated area. And these guys were thin but I and Dan/Phil were getting kinda pushed around, as if they had some invisible aura around them. The dream got blurry after that. Maybe I woke up, I dunno.
liola
rankussy

Last night I dreamt that Phil posted a video this week tied to his birthday, it was some kind of Day in the Life and it started with him in bed in a very subtly light room, clearly just woken up and he was announcing that he got a dog for his birthday. Then the camera panned around to a shirtless Dan in bed with him, holding a dog in his lap. A shiba inu. I don't remember how the video continued but I remember coming on IDB and twitter to scream about the video, and finding that almost everyone was screaming about the same thing:

WHY WAS THE DOG NOT A CORGI???

It seemed like Dan had gotten the dog for Phil's bday and clearly got his favourite breed instead of Phil's which was hilarious and created a light diverge in fandom of whether or not that was fair. Wild times.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
poweroftriangles
Pronouns: he/him

I had a dream that Dan posted a poorly lit Instagram story with both of them being silly and the caption was "yeah, we're THAT couple"

why did I wake up
anti-YouNow club :sarcasticclap:
Susanisnotafish
blobfish

I had a dream in which I was staying with Dan and Phil. Phil was being the host- getting me a towel to dry my face. We didn’t know each other very well, and other people were staying there that they were friends with. I was very nervous. I went off snooping around their apartment and found a few rooms we’d never seen on camera. There were a couple of staircases and one was roped off. I found one of Phil’s button up shirts and asked him if I could try it on. There was a huge dining room table and Dan had ordered in some delicious food.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Alright so. I had a dream about being with Phil but...I was Dan. It’s not that surprising, really, because once I had a dream where I was with Dan and I was Phil. The difference was that while in the dream where I was Phil I was aware of the fact that I was still *me* but in a different body, this time I was Dan while thinking I was HIM. Not sure what it means. Anyway in last night’s dream Phil and I were in a hotel room which was very blue and Kath and Martyn were there too. There was one tiny bed in the room and I whispered to Phil “wow I guess wee will need to be pressed together really tight” and Phil smirked. Then Kath and Martyn disappeared and we were suddenly on the bed smooching and I said something sarcastic to Phil at some point and I hate myself for not remembering what but I definitely remember my subconscious finding it hilarious while I was saying it. Anyway, other things started happening but then I woke up. Rip.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
noodlebum
flower crown

Last night I dreamed Phil did either a vlog or instastories of him out and about with friends and Dan, and they were holding hands while walking along. Phil was really happy about it and Dan looked more sheepish. T'was very sweet :happytears:
Susanisnotafish
blobfish

Makes sense that I dreamed of them last night after the ASS. I can’t remember much, unfortunately, other than part of it took place at my grandmother’s house, and Phil was disappointed in me. I think maybe I got really angry and threw a temper tantrum about something. They were both in the dream, but I only really remember Phil’s disappointed face and that he still had his black hair and fringe. So I’ll take comfort in quiffed Phil not being disappointed in me.
BrothAndBrine
delia smith

People bored beyond their skulls in stay-at-home/quarantine/lockdown, this is for you.

Had a dream about Dan - Phil wasn't a fixture in this world. It was Dan only. Phil was probably alive but never met Dan nor did YouTube. so, DanDanDan.

I should mention, in real life, I have a lot to do today and little time to do it and a lot of instructions and I spent some time scrolling through Dan's new photos...again.

And, again, this is a DREAM (below). It happened to me while I was sleeping. A DREAM. I just feel like I'm gonna offend someone. :P

Anyway, we were in this American classroom setting. About 25 kids, we were like 17-18 years old and probably juniors or seniors. At the very least, sophomores. I don't even think I knew Dan was in my class at this point. It was like social studies class. Suddenly, we all had to push our desks together or move them. I wasn't sure what was going on and I started getting into this desk fight with this vile kid. Somehow, eventually I was pushed back with this group of 3 boys and I was settled, seated with my back to most the classroom and working with these guys. I think one was Dan.

We had to come up with quotes and summary from the big, worn social studies book. Um, somehow I didn't help at all with the conversation, and I listened and kinda absorbed and wrote on notebook paper. Then, it was time to present. I kinda panicked because I hate presenting. Then, I think it was Dan, he quietly told me that I was helping him present because I had not helped with the planning (which was true, I knew). I had dread and said "Okay". He was really nice. He went and sat down. And then I couldn't believe it was Dan –curly haired Dan– and for some reason I had trouble figuring out where he was sitting now. He had gone back to his regular seat, which was way across the classroom, and I knew this, but at the same time, wasn't sure, and didn't want to look at him directly.

I kinda unconfidently went to a desk a desk away from what I thought could be Dan and he kinda hissed what I was doing over there. I looked across the way and he wasn't there. He was next to the desk next to me, so I eventually moved over. Meanwhile, groups of 2 were presenting. There were like 16 groups that were going and I prayed we were last. I sat next to Dan, finally. I opened my social studies book and all the notes I took weren't there!!!! I had these random papers with some writing, but they weren't the notes. Dan sympathized in a soft voice. I found something, that looked like the notes, but they weren't the notes. I knew I would go there and bungle it up. Then, me and Dan sat, me barely listening to everyone expertly present. Some other stuff happened I can't remember. Then, he and I turned toward each other and he started whispering to me. He whispered to me closely, his hot breath going to the corner of my mouth and in my mouth. I couldn't understand a word he said because I'm American and his British accent in a whisper made him incomprehensible. I whispered him this, us still VERY close in faces and he tried again. His continous, strong hot breath VERY close to me and his mouth. I was not confident because his breath was smoldering and odorless and thick and sexy and mine I knew smelled like chocolate chips and with how close we were, he would smell that. I think this time he spoke in a mostly American accent, and somehow I understood him saying should he be Noah from Simsoh (I don't want to screw up search engines...) I kinda repeated this back to him and said yes. And he was pleased with this answer. He kinda started turning into Noah a bit and then Noah was sitting on the other side of Dan? I'm not sure about that. But I knew I probably didn't understand him but he didn't care. Noah from Simsoh never looked better.

And me and Dan were sitting there still, and I started realizing that me and Dan were both very good looking people and we would be getting up in front of the class shocking people with our good looks and how we look paired together; it has never been seen. People would think we should be dating. I'm like 75% aware that Dan's gay here, but I'm still excited about this prospect. And then I think how strange it is because Dan's skinnier than me, lol. I may have then realized it was a dream and I didn't want to present. And then I woke up. So glad I didn't have to present with no notes, hahahaha.
BrothAndBrine
delia smith

I am just going to keep this forum alive with all my sleep activity, no matter how brief.

This dream was either incredibly short, or I don't remember it. I dreamed I was online and I found this gif (like my signature, but at normal speed) of them sharing a short kiss while sitting up in bed against the headboard and covers 75% over them. I watched it over and over. Thanks, dream. I think the kiss was done with one person's _entire_ lip area or both of theirs.

I remember I was lightly analyzing it, seeing how they were feeling about the kiss, looking for expressions of not liking it. They weren't present. But there was no, like, intense, screeching halt passion. Just normal.

They had their current hairstyles (well, Dan more like from last year or year before that) Strange thing is that at first, I couldn't tell they were kissing, and then it became clear. And then, I wondered why this gif wasn't found or popular, realizing I was the only person that found it. It was in the back of my mind to share it, but I never came close to actually going through with sharing it. I think maybe I thought there was a possibility it was something that was thought would never reach the masses and that stopped me.
BrothAndBrine
delia smith

Another one! But I don't remember a lot of it.

Basically this was when Dan and Phil had their short straight hair...we were in this pool. Dan and Phil were there with a nice handful of friends. These were people that I designed in my dream, not based off any of their IRL friends. I was there, and I was like the friend that was with them all but didn't interact. The floaty friend.

Their hair wasn't wet and they wore long swim trunks. Typical. Probably a pocket in them.

I know there were deep ends and a small shallow end, which I was in. I can swim, but I'm not like a genius. So I stayed in the shallow end while they engaged in adult-appropriate activities in the pool, which I think also had other swimmers that did not know Dan and Phil.

Then, Dan/Phil/friends all started getting out, somehow walking out while in the deep end. The deep end was about 12 feet deep. I started trying to walk like them, from the other side, but the shallow end cut off abruptly, like walking off a cliff. I used my swimming skills to scramble back to the shallow end. I can still recall that sensation.

I don't know what happened then. I didn't die, though. :p

Later, I was trying to stay away from them. They would sit somewhere and I would sit on the opposite side, usually in front of them and away. Which is kinda fitting, because outside of the dream, if I were to ever run into them, I would not engage them in conversation and just say hi and smile and wave, as if they were old acquaintances.

So, there were multiple times I sat away from them.

And that's what I remember.
Susanisnotafish
blobfish

I had a very emotional dream about Dan. We went into a theatre with seats that were like bleachers but covered in carpet. I was a row above Dan. He came in and sat down without Phil, so I left room for Phil to sit by Dan. When Dan realized what I was doing he told me to come sit next to him. Phil never came in, which was weird because I knew he was there. During the show, Dan had is arm around me the entire time. I was very shocked, but ended up caressing his arm for the entire show. After the show, he said there was some kind of misunderstanding. My heart was broken! Who sits for over an hour with their arm around someone and letting that person caress your arm, then says that? Very emotional when I woke up. What a roller coaster!
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Susanisnotafish wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:36 pm I had a very emotional dream about Dan. We went into a theatre with seats that were like bleachers but covered in carpet. I was a row above Dan. He came in and sat down without Phil, so I left room for Phil to sit by Dan. When Dan realized what I was doing he told me to come sit next to him. Phil never came in, which was weird because I knew he was there. During the show, Dan had is arm around me the entire time. I was very shocked, but ended up caressing his arm for the entire show. After the show, he said there was some kind of misunderstanding. My heart was broken! Who sits for over an hour with their arm around someone and letting that person caress your arm, then says that? Very emotional when I woke up. What a roller coaster!
Oh, dear! How very like a dream. But you did get to have Dan's arm around you for an hour, which I'm sure would be very nice regardless. :platonic:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."