Dan & Phil Part 82: now onto the future

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
000dia000
emo goose

I'm looking forward to the return of AmazingPhil and hopefully we get a real video. Something creative. It's been 84 years.

I kind of distanced myself from the phandom because of work and college and then ii tour was just boring after tatinof so I didn't even notice until today but Dan hasn't uploaded a proper video in 9 months (discounting the tour video). I'm honestly just really sad. That, and his radio silence just makes everything feel kind of hollow. Phil seems to be running around acting normal, but he's pretty much has a happy-go-lucky sunshine persona on fulltime we don't even know what's going on. Their relationship with their audience and their public personas feel like a bad phanfic at this point, I admire everyone's ability to stay 100 percent informed with their IG stories and even the membership thing.

Anyways, just to have something different to talk about, does anybody wonder if Dan's working on a project that's different than making videos...or hope he is...his heart doesn't seem to be in YouTube anymore and I kind of just wish to seem him do something that gives him a feeling of more purpose.
:cactus:
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

#SPONALERT

phandom watch fest will be doing third showing of iconic dan and phil videos!
we'll be starting soon, so feel free to come quench your dnp thirst and join us 📽️💕

as per the last two showings, we will be voting on which videos to watch from the list of great hits, such as the blindfolded make-up challenge or AmazingDan......and more! also feel free to suggest ones youve remembered.
see you there :platonic:

https://www.rabb.it/PhandomWatch
"you are next to me in my life"
glitterintheair
phillluminati
Pronouns: she/her

kavat wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:53 pm
glitterintheair wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:28 pm I am telling you - this is gonna be a sequel of the 5$ Internet Experiment video but without Dan and it will be Phil sending his handwriting to someone who will tell him what personality he has based on his calligraphy.
Yeah this is what I think as well. I just really wish it's with Dan.
Oh me too. So. Much. I love the idea of the video, but I won't lie - I'd love it a lot more if it involved Dan.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
scientia
phabergé

fancybum wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:54 pm Huh. I suddenly want Phil to start a blog? I know he barely said anything, but I found that little post way more satisfying than any of his insta stories and I don’t know why..

“Maybe that is when I mentally peaked” is hilarious. Maybe it’s just that actually writing something out looks like more effort/thought went into it (even if it didn’t lol)? Hm interesting. Or I’m just so starved for content the tiniest scrap seems like a bigger deal?? I’m so confused about how much I appreciate that post.....
I agree, I really enjoyed his written post! Seemed different from his tweets and much more personal. I hope the people who became members get to enjoy this regularly!
knq
lava lamp

100% @glitterintheair called it. That sounds like it could be a cool video so I hope that's what it is now.

TRIANGLE SQUARE ANALYSIS

In trying to place Phil's white wall somewhere in their filming/living flats, I noticed there's a metal and white square on the wall to the left of Phil. It's not the same as any of their other electrical sockets or light switches though, so the white wall remains in the center of an echoey void.

Is it a light switch or an electrical outlet?
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

knq wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:20 pm 100% @glitterintheair called it. That sounds like it could be a cool video so I hope that's what it is now.

TRIANGLE SQUARE ANALYSIS

In trying to place Phil's white wall somewhere in their filming/living flats, I noticed there's a metal and white square on the wall to the left of Phil. It's not the same as any of their other electrical sockets or light switches though, so the white wall remains in the center of an echoey void.

Is it a light switch or an electrical outlet?
im not familiar with british outlets and etc. but it doesnt make sense to be a lightswitch for me considering how low it is and close to the ground. it makes more sense to be an outlet.
"you are next to me in my life"
autumnhearth
senpai

Weird question only vaguely on topic: for those who have played Sims 4 and interacted with Eliza, did she say her career was an astronaut? Or does this change from game to game? I find it hilarious that Dan and Phil never asked. Guess it’s appropriate that’s she’s the one who was sent to space. :lol:

I’m totally down with another $5 experiment vid.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

autumnhearth wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:33 am Weird question only vaguely on topic: for those who have played Sims 4 and interacted with Eliza, did she say her career was an astronaut? Or does this change from game to game? I find it hilarious that Dan and Phil never asked. Guess it’s appropriate that’s she’s the one who was sent to space. :lol:

Hmm, if I recall correctly they did ask her, but she said that she was unemployed.
Ablissa
pastel persona

glitterintheair wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:07 pm
kavat wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:53 pm
glitterintheair wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:28 pm I am telling you - this is gonna be a sequel of the 5$ Internet Experiment video but without Dan and it will be Phil sending his handwriting to someone who will tell him what personality he has based on his calligraphy.
Yeah this is what I think as well. I just really wish it's with Dan.
Oh me too. So. Much. I love the idea of the video, but I won't lie - I'd love it a lot more if it involved Dan.
This is me as well.
I keep seeing speculation (all over twitter and tumblr, from several people) about how joint content is going to be infrequent for them now, and like... I know I said this before, but from a business standpoint, I don't get it. They work best as a duo and that's what works out for them. Plus they genuinely seem to enjoy making videos together (more so than alone, I think.)
But then I wonder if this isn't my wishful thinking, because I really want them to keep giving us joint content like they did before...

I don't want to give others anxiety, so I'll say to everyone and myself - we need to take all these theories with a grain of salt. It could be just that they are taking their break and don't want to do joint content until Dan gets his first solo video out of the way (which very well might not be until March 3rd, the anniversary of TTLMT - @glitterintheair thanks for the v plausible theory :D)

But yeah, either way, hello, I miss them. I say that like every day here now, but whatever. I miss them and I want joint content more so than solo content at this point tbh, sorry. But I am looking forward to Phil's video and I hope we get it soon. I guess Wednesday-Friday are plausible days for it?
Last edited by Ablissa on Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

I miss Dan and Phil and I miss having something to say on this forum. I've enjoyed having a life outside fandom and the internet these past few months, but now I'm at the point where I'm really missing the fandom experience and you guys and Dan and Phil. Listening to my girlfriend go on about BTS 24/7 just highlights how little we have going on for us with D&P being so quiet. :tongue1:
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Ablissa wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:36 am I keep seeing speculation (all over twitter and tumblr, from several people) about how joint content is going to be infrequent for them now, and like... I know I said this before, but from a business standpoint, I don't get it. They work best as a duo and that's what works out for them.
I don't get it either. I am 100% sure that would be their worst decision, because:

1) their fanbase relies heavily on their joint content;
2) Phil's channel would suffer greatly from it - not because I think his solo videos are bad or boring, far from it. But because it's an objective fact that his most popular videos are all with Dan;
3) that would mean we would see Dan on YT like what, 3/4 times a year on dinof (because I am not convinced he's gonna start uploading regularly, I am sorry) and 2/3 times on Phil's channel?;
4) there are people who love their joint content more than their solo content, there are also people who don't like their solo content at all. So what would happen to them? I am talking from the perspective of someone who's not a fan of dinof. If all I'm gonna get from Dan is mostly dinof content, will I still be interested in him as a content creator as much as I am now? I am not so sure.
Ablissa wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:36 am I don't want to give others anxiety, so I'll say to everyone and myself - we need to take all these theories with a grain of salt. It could be just that they are taking their break and don't want to do joint content until Dan gets his first solo video out of the way (which very well might not be until March 3rd, the anniversary of TTLMT - @glitterintheair thanks for the v plausible theory :D)
I'm starting to think that's what's happening, especially because Dan's been particularly quiet and that *might* be because he wants his official comeback on the internet to be on dinof. I hope I'm wrong about the TTLMT anniversary theory, though. I don't wanna wait UNTIL MARCH to see his face. :snow:

Anyway, I agree that we need to take all these theories with a grain of salt. Who knows what they are up to, who knows where they are right now - for example, I just realized they could be moving already and there's no way we would know. :shrug:
autumnhearth
senpai

glitterintheair wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:51 am
autumnhearth wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:33 am Weird question only vaguely on topic: for those who have played Sims 4 and interacted with Eliza, did she say her career was an astronaut? Or does this change from game to game? I find it hilarious that Dan and Phil never asked. Guess it’s appropriate that’s she’s the one who was sent to space. :lol:

Hmm, if I recall correctly they did ask her, but she said that she was unemployed.
Ah you’re right and it’s part of her bio. So my question is, did EA update her to be an astronaut because of D&Ps let’s play? Because that would be hilarious. My husband was just interacting with her last night. He said she was a perfectionist and materialistic. Aww Bob is described as “the least interesting Sim in the world” poor dude. And apparently they have a son called Iggy since the toddler update. To think we could have been shipping Diggy. :lol:

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Eliza_Pancakes
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I still pretty firmly think that either

a) they're moving some time in February and just wanted to take their time (considering a good chunk of January was travel and they have two flats to pack not one this time) and that's behind both the DAPG hiatus and Phil's tight and easily movable filming space and the lack of ig stories/incredibly tight close ups when Phil shows things and the lack of liveshows, or

b) like the bolded above - they're not bringing joint content back until they've had some time to both re-establish solo content. Which, to be honest, is how they've always done it. DAPG never came back before late January. They always posted a solo video first. If the end of February rolls around and we've still got nothing, I might starts to be genuinely concerned.

Until then, I'm just not. I understand people are just really hating the unknown but our impatience doesn't run on the same timeline as their processes, like... ever. It literally never does. We always want more content and more answers faster than they can/will accomodate. So if anyone is panicking try to keep perspective and remember that at least 75% of the current panic seems to be phandom just feeding into that in a very cyclic way. It's easy to mistake someone else's reassurance-seeking feeling as depressing fact when you're already in a perpetual state of feeling like you need an answer right away. Other fans don't have the answer. The only people who are gonna have the answers are Dan and Phil, so don't let a sad tweet or a prediction you don't like drag you down too much. We're all playing a guessing game. Take what feels good, and try to leave the rest.
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

I may be the Debby Downer but I don't think Dan is gonna come back. I think he's going to pull a CommunityChannel/Natalie Tran. He's built it up way too much in his mind, we have built it up too but and the pressure is too high.

Do I want this? No. But I also don't expect him to ever come back.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:09 pm I may be the Debby Downer but I don't think Dan is gonna come back. I think he's going to pull a CommunityChannel/Natalie Tran. He's built it up way too much in his mind, we have built it up too but and the pressure is too high.

I don't believe that's true. Natalie Tran didn't have a family ties to merch company with incomes dependent on her or a partner who is regularly making youtube videos. Without Phil in the equation I might share that opinion, though.
autumnhearth
senpai

Good advice @alittledizzy

And there are a few really nice London penthouses that are currently under offer, if they still are going for that glass walls lifestyle (which based on the Devan moving out vid, it seems they are) rip yard for a dog (though there are some houses with like a moden back end with floor to ceiling windows and traditional fronts.) It’s fun to pretend to house shop as a millionaire, though my tastes are so different from theirs. Give me a Tudor home or let me live in a clock tower above a train station!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Making joint content a rare thing would make their already slipping relevancy go down the drain real fast. Dan used to be the accessible one, but he doesn't upload and he will be unreliable when he finally does. Phil is more of an acquired taste, and whatever rebranding he does won't change that. They rely on each other, maybe now more than ever. And I don't think they're that dumb, so I'm optimistic that frequent joint content will return soon-ish. :ribena:

I don't have a problem with them wanting to get back to their solo content first, because that is something that has been neglected in recent times and it's an important part of their online identities. But something needs to happen from Dan's side SOON, and I honestly can't see a reason why he's like this rn. Phil has already filmed his second video of the year and Dan is still... Dan. I feel like a broken record at this point, but it always comes back to one thing that they continue to be the absolute worst at. Communication. Which tweeting vaguely relatable things about your mom calling at 6AM is not.

I won't lie, I don't really care about Dan's solo content anymore. It's been too long and he's bound to take that channel in a direction I don't like (I just want him to tell stories about shit that happened to him with or even without skits, Dan wants to be deep and talk about feelings while I'm trying to escape all of that) and even if he does keep making videos that do it for it'll be so infrequent there won't be a reason for me to care if not paired with something more. If Dan wants to continue his quality over quantity standard that's cool in the current internet landscape of making a (semi) viral video every week, but if that's the case he needs joint content. As far as Phil goes, I love him and rn I'm a bit intrigued by what he's planning for the channel but if that's the only thing that won't really keep my interest prolonged either. So he's gonna need that joint content just as much. And I'm sure they know this. So rn I just think/hope that they're trying to find a new angle for DAPG, since pure gaming channels are out of style.

As far as moving goes, while I'm dramatically sprawled out across my chaise longue on that hill as well... I don't think it'll happen soon. Definitely not February. But I've been wrong before. :shrug:
MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:09 pm I may be the Debby Downer but I don't think Dan is gonna come back. I think he's going to pull a CommunityChannel/Natalie Tran. He's built it up way too much in his mind, we have built it up too but and the pressure is too high.

Nat? Nah. Dan wishes. She has a job, an entire life outside of the internet. I see more similarities with Charlie who is now completely disconnected from his former audience and is just doing Fun Science videos when he can find the funding for it. Also like dizzy said, he has too many ties to the internet to really quit.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

autumnhearth wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:16 pm Good advice @alittledizzy

And there are a few really nice London penthouses that are currently under offer, if they still are going for that glass walls lifestyle (which based on the Devan moving out vid, it seems they are) rip yard for a dog (though there are some houses with like a moden back end with floor to ceiling windows and traditional fronts.) It’s fun to pretend to house shop as a millionaire, though my tastes are so different from theirs. Give me a Tudor home or let me live in a clock tower above a train station!
I do the same thing! I found a couple lovely detached right outside the city with a privacy gate and garden (I do think you’re right about them probably leaning more towards a modern flat with a view though). Ugh, it must be fun to shop for homes with that kind of budget. It’s hella fun for me to picture what does and doesn’t align with their tastes.
+1 for the clock tower hermit lifestyle!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

LMAO. I'm so glad we're all weirdos in this together. I've been keeping my eye on a penthouse that fits every description they've ever given of their dream home and am just waiting for it to say "SOLD".

I'm not deeply concerned about the current joint content hiatus that's going on, outside of just reallyreally missing their banter. I'd be thoroughly fed for the day if we got even just one silly IG story of them playing a word game or some shit.
firsttimeposter
living flop

once upon a time, I would’ve been sad by the idea of dan not doing a video till march, cause that’s more than a whole month till the anniversary of TTLMT. however, I’ve come to expect these large amounts of no content from dan. one month seems like a happy amount hontestly haha. I remember back in summer, someone proposing the idea that dan might not do a video till the end of summer was breathtakingly awful to me, but now, I’ve gotten used to these months of nothing lmao. I just wish he’d do a liveshow soon!
Last edited by firsttimeposter on Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
firsttimeposter
living flop

I thought about this as well, but as soon as their latest liveshow in December, dan got offended when somebody didn’t take his channel into consideration. I don’t remember the exact quote, though it was something along the lines of a fan mentioning that she hopes Phil’s channel will come back soon, and dan said “hey, IM not gone either?”. therefore, though I definitely understand your point (we really have build this up to extreme amounts, sad times), dan seemed kinda optimistic about the Daniel Howell channel back in December. And though he’s said that he constantly changes his mind in regards to his video schedule and content, I don’t think his very bold statement about a non-dead channel only a month or two ago has comepletly changed yet.
George
sad dimple

Personally I'm more on the team fixer upper. Phil likes to watch HGTV and save money, and Dan has a peculiar taste, so it's a win-win. :hmmm:

Can we have an emoji for forever home?
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

George wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:16 pm Personally I'm more on the team fixer upper. Phil likes to watch HGTV and save money, and Dan has a peculiar taste, so it's a win-win. :hmmm:

There actually already is one! :foreverhome:

One day we'll try to find one with those floor to ceiling windows they love so much...
liola
rankussy

Dan definitely seemed excited to come back, sounded - to me - like he already knew what he was going to.make. which is just making me more restless for a come back cause I thought we would have a Phil video and the next thing to come back would be dinof. But apparently not. Again, I don't really miss solo Dan content that much, mostly because I don't know what he's going to come back with.

My opinion on joint content is that is not going back for a bit. I think they've focused so much on joint stuff that they might want to take some time and get into solo stuff again, which is something they haven't done since 2014. If I was them i would want to know I can still do something on my own, even if I enjoy joint content more (which imo they do). So I think they might want to try and see where solo stuff land on and take time to decide where to put joint content next, because gaming at this point is more energy than its worth it

Still. Would love a joint liveshow and see their faces. I'm still holding a party on the Moving Hill, I'm going to start giving out lasagna just to tide us over (it's dinner time, forgive me) - but even moving doesn't explain to me why they can't post instagram stories with their faces in. Like it would avoid them filming close up shots of flats they're probably packing, YOURE NOT MOVING YOUR FACES ARE YOU
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
autumnhearth
senpai

George wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:16 pm Personally I'm more on the team fixer upper. Phil likes to watch HGTV and save money, and Dan has a peculiar taste, so it's a win-win. :hmmm:

I love me some HGTV too, but can you imagine? Phil has never used that cordless hammer drill. I don’t think either of them are handy, they’d have to hire some men and Phil would awkwardly watch the whole time. The only way I can see this working is if they had the work done before they moved in. I don’t think they would want to live in any kind of construction and I would hope they know their limits. No house files from these guys.